Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
like maybe this is the first sign that i am old but gwb was easily one of the worst presidents we've ever had and trump at his worst is nowhere near as damaging to this country and the world as even the first 2 years of bush's presidency

bush's first term is like, 2.5 andrew johnsons or 3 nixons on the bad presidency scale

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

The Glumslinger posted:

So now CNN is attacking Comey on not going directly to congress when Trump did this

Which is, umm, interesting

Some are also wondering why Comey didn't immediately resign when Trump did his bad things.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

https://twitter.com/benjaminwittes/status/864560689112911872

new thread title plz

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

weekly font posted:

President a traitor, so what?

It depends upon what the meaning of the word p'is's is

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

2DCAT posted:

i don't even remember which of the many scandals this is in reference to anymore.
The WaPo Russian story.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

"Trump associates have tried to pin the blame for the president’s manifold displays of incompetence on the White House chief of staff, Reince Priebus — whose internal nickname, according to The Week, is Rancid —" ahahahahaha

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Schnorkles posted:

there is a part of me, a very small part, that is happy we went down this road instead of boring faux scandals with HRC for 4 years

crisis creates opportunity

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

drip drip drip drip

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

JosefStalinator posted:

like maybe this is the first sign that i am old but gwb was easily one of the worst presidents we've ever had and trump at his worst is nowhere near as damaging to this country and the world as even the first 2 years of bush's presidency

bush's first term is like, 2.5 andrew johnsons or 3 nixons on the bad presidency scale

Trump isn't competent enough to start a war, so yeah

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/maxwelltani/status/864620119854592000

https://twitter.com/NateSilver538/status/864620186506149888

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Nonsense posted:

Some are also wondering why Comey didn't immediately resign when Trump did his bad things.

Hmm, Trump asked me to stop this investigation, so I should resign and let him appoint someone to be in charge of the investigation

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

risch, standing in burning building:

"hm, the decor is really starting to grow on me actually"

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I'd understand not going right away if he felt he could get further damning info

gregday
May 23, 2003

https://twitter.com/nielslesniewski/status/864619118015766528

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Living through a watergate in the age of social media is super cool and super good

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

PostNouveau posted:

Trump isn't competent enough to start a war, so yeah

even without the war(s), bush was still worse

he got his tax cuts and civil liberties bullshit passed really quickly in his presidency, and enabled and emboldened the religious right like reagan on steroids

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Comey.... good?

guys maybe this is the best timeline

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/voxdotcom/status/864620413569167360

I did a thing
Mar 23, 2017

On the chest of a barmaid in Sale, were tattooed the prices of ale. And on her behind for the sake of the blind, was the same information in braille.
https://twitter.com/rachaelmbade/status/864608676740554752

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

rear end cobra posted:

Living through a watergate in the age of social media is super cool and super good

One Hundred and Sixteen Days.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Comey.... good?

guys maybe this is the best timeline

comey dumb

but trump infinitely dumber

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

boom

Origami Dali
Jan 7, 2005

Get ready to fuck!
You fucker's fucker!
You fucker!
pence seen standing in front of bathroom mirror, practicing sweeping hand motions and repeating "my fellow Americans..."

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

rear end cobra posted:

it owns and is a blessing to experience before humanity destroys itself

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer

*flips you off*

STEP AWAY FROM THE CONGRESSMAN

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

rear end cobra posted:

This time it's a different kind of water

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Concerned Citizen posted:

risch, standing in burning building:

"hm, the decor is really starting to grow on me actually"
Idaho has the dumbest motherfuckers on the planet in our government and Congress, because Idaho is filled with idiots.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

whoa who is that lady

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Watergate 2.0

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Nonsense posted:

Nobody is locking Trump up anywhere, we're already locked in with him

nah man he's locked in with us

:unsmigghh:

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
There are still people out there that support trump lmao

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://twitter.com/Chelseashow/status/864612393237622784

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Young Orc

must be confusing exiting a sciff and seeing a shiff

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Zyla posted:

whoa who is that lady

beats me i just like the gif

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A MEMO INTO THE FAX MACHINE. IT’S JAMES COMEYS CONCERNS ABOUT PRESIDENTIAL MEDDLING AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DONALD TRUMP. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I ASK PRETTY PLEASE IF HE'LL STOP INVESTIGATING MIKE FLYNN OR EVEN WHEN I MESS UP AND INCRIMINATE MYSELF VIA OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE. NOT MANY CAN SAY THEY ESCAPED THE WHITE HOUSE AND PRESIDENCY. I CAN. I SAY IT AND I SAY IT OUTLOUD EVERYDAY TO PEOPLE IN MY POLISCI CLASS AND ALL THEY DO IS PROVE PEOPLE IN COLLEGE CAN STILL BE IMMATURE JEKRS. AND IVE LEARNED ALL THE LINES AND IVE LEARNED HOW TO MAKE MYSELF AND MY APARTMENT LESS LONELY BY SHOUTING EM ALL. 2 HOURS INCLUDING WIND DOWN EVERY MORNIng

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
How loving dumb are these congressmen coming out and going "Well the real issue is the leaks, not anything Trump did." You stupid assholes think this is going to be the end of it? We're gonna have the piss tape by the end of the week at this rate, and you're going to have a Trump anchor tied around your neck for the rest of your career.

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
my prediction:

trump admin successfully deletes all tapes, manages to blame it all on accident or an intern. gop is satisfied

trump tweets all incriminating bits verbatim anyway the next morning

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

lol

• Locked thread