Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Tenzarin posted:

PS4 vs xbone, which has won yet?

Shouldnt you compare the ps2 to the xbox 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Tenzarin posted:

PS4 vs xbone, which has won yet?

idk the xbone is still heavy enough to kill a person if you drop it on them but the ps4 is pretty sharp

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Real hurthling! posted:

Shouldnt you compare the ps2 to the xbox 1?

PS2 owned the xbox 1. Name some xbox 1 games that people still play and talk about that arn't remakes or sequels.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
The xbone is just laying the groundwork for the xbonetwo

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

PantsBandit posted:

The xbone is just laying the groundwork for the xbonetwo

yeah, the xbone2 is starting six feet under

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Why didn't they call it the Xbox Fun?

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

The year is 2020 and Sony is losing the battle to Nintendo and Sega in the console wars

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

Jay Rust posted:

Why didn't they call it the Xbox Fun?

Because its serious entertainment center for adults, not a toy for children.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Lakbay posted:

If Far Cry 5 is indeed a Wild West setting like the rumors say people will buy it because RDR2 isn't out yet

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EO_1IwA_GEw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e87h2BLaWNU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxyRDoFdnvw

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Are you just trying to make our recommendations as bad as possible or what?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Are other people getting "lofi chill" anime thumbnail recommendations or is that just because I've been listening to Nier and Persona

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Are other people getting "lofi chill" anime thumbnail recommendations or is that just because I've been listening to Nier and Persona

That and it's also been feeding me old Japanese pop albums from the 70's lately

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I get a lot of car commercials on YouTube
Maybe because of Car Boys??

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Nah apparently it happens to everyone for some reason.

I got it too and I only ever watch Red Letter Media, Run DMC music videos, and this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ixrWSUJYFk

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Lurdiak posted:

Are you just trying to make our recommendations as bad as possible or what?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jN0REjUCGlE

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

e:

Lurdiak posted:

Nah apparently it happens to everyone for some reason.

:argh:

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

If you mean this guy a friend linked me to him a month or two back and I like to put his radio station on when I need some chill background music, the looping anime gif background is probably just SEO stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xrbrQhpvn8E

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
30k a month for streaming "chill" music with some anime on loop on youtube.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

That station is chill but it gets repetitive pretty quickly

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

precision posted:

most glaring disparity in quality between trailer and game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQa-SMrVG08

Black Angels are a good band

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Tenzarin posted:

Name some xbox 1 games that people still play and talk about that arn't remakes or sequels.

Jade Empire is one of the better bioware games imo, halo 1 and 2 were both good but that franchise has fallen off a cliff nowadays, I think the people who played phantom dust really liked it? Otherwise the only other game on the xbox I played was JSRF, which is good but it's a sequel. I could go for a jet set radio 3 though.

Are there any other xbox games worth mentioning?

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

Black Angels are a good band

Yeah watching that trailer reminded me that I need to start listening to Passover again.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Red Bones posted:

Jade Empire is one of the better bioware games imo, halo 1 and 2 were both good but that franchise has fallen off a cliff nowadays, I think the people who played phantom dust really liked it? Otherwise the only other game on the xbox I played was JSRF, which is good but it's a sequel. I could go for a jet set radio 3 though.

Otogi 1&2, Panzer Dragoon Orta, Metal Wolf Chaos

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Phantom Crash

Also the best versions of Ninja Gaiden

lets hang out fucked around with this message at 23:16 on May 16, 2017

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Qig8RRjQa0

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Harrow posted:

That fits better with the logo design, I think. It's flat and there's that dark blue and red drop shadow that gives off a much more modern vibe than Wild West.

Far Cry in an urban setting would be pretty interesting and a big departure, though I suppose it's also possible that you play as a police officer but get stranded in some remote place and do all the normal Far Cry things instead.

cant wait to play far cry: hardline

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

oceanhorn 1 was loving great, and i am excited for the sequel!

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
https://www.polygon.com/2017/5/16/15622366/valve-gabe-newell-sales-origin-destructive

Good Guy Polygon

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
Anyone know what the deal with Little Racers STREET is? I just got the $1 tier of the Humble Bundle and as soon as I put in the key for Ziggurat it also put a gift copy of Little Racers STREET in my inventory. :confuoot:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the article is right though

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

:yeah:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

The only one who can stop a bad guy EA is a good guy valve

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
From like 4 pages back: I have no interest in AssCreed: Black Flag because I very strongly disliked the naval parts of AssCreed 3.

Pre RDR, my favorite western game was DarkWatch, the western vampire themed Halo clone that gave us Horsepires.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

its badly written but valve is scumbags

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Red Bones posted:

The Chronicles of Riddick game

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

corn in the bible posted:

It wouldn't be so bad if, y'know Valve still made games. Like it wouldn't technically fix anything but it'd actually be something to note in their favor.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

While we talk about :gaben: - apparently they got Blomkamp to premiere his short movies on Steam? First shy steps into Netflix territory, maybe, I don't know.

https://twitter.com/NeillBlomkamp/status/864287017630261248

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

corn in the bible posted:

ya, steam is a useful and functional platform and PC gaming needs stuff like that and can't just be the wild west if it wants to compete with consoles and be a large enough market for console devs to release on it, but a lot of gamers have this weird thing with corporations they think are their cool pals because they produce something fun and good and aren't like, the worst employers or exploiters in the economy

the whole disney phenomenon, which also applies to companies like nintendo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

tap my mountain posted:

Yeah watching that trailer reminded me that I need to start listening to Passover again.

I keep trying to convince myself that their last couple albums are just as good as Passover and Directions to See a Ghost but there's just something slightly imperfect about them, whereas passover and dtsag are perfect

• Locked thread