Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Lyla: "Barry I don't trust you because you dick around in time too much."

Barry: "I know, I'll dick around in time some more!" :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Oh hey, speaking of LoT

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Elvis, banana, peanut butter, Jesus Christ Barry

Love this scene with Iris and Joe.

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 01:27 on May 17, 2017

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
Oh hey Cheetah neat

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

But the future refused to change...

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

:sigh: I guess they had to go through with it, but the last thing this show needs is to be mopier.

And there's nothing in comic books I hate more than bullshit death fakeouts.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Wait, they actually put Cheetah in this show? Aka longtime important Wonder Woman villain Cheetah, aka aggro cat lady who's kinda naked sometimes?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

BrianWilly posted:

Wait, they actually put Cheetah in this show? Aka longtime important Wonder Woman villain Cheetah, aka aggro cat lady who's kinda naked sometimes?

It was just a name tag on a cell door.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
Pfft. Meh.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

lol Barry already time traveling again.

I'm surprised they actually did it

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
I thought there was gonna be some significance to HR staring at the severed Savitar dongle, like he sneaks up behind Savitar and stabs him with it or something.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

I'm guessing that will pay off next week. HR needs a win.

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Why didn't they just put Iris in the Argus facility that gets rid of metahuman abilities?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

I miss Snart.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Why didn't they just put Iris in the Argus facility that gets rid of metahuman abilities?

I'm glad they were smart enough to put Iris on earth 2. Shame HR ran his mouth and ruined it. What I'm saying is that HR would have ruined that plan too.

Also Barry it was hosed up of you not to tell Cisco that Killer Frost freezes his arms off in the future you went to.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Interested to see how Barry going back to his mom's death will set up season 4.

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS
Snart was fantastic as usual. I especially loved him lampshading the effects budget.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Did Kid Flash just get his leg broken by Savitar? Seriously?

And I'm surprised King Shark was able to grow back his arm

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Barry without his powers being able to beat up three Argus agents seems kinda ehhhh

Stunt Rock
Jul 28, 2002

DEATH WISH AT 120 DECIBELS

Guy Goodbody posted:

Barry without his powers being able to beat up three Argus agents seems kinda ehhhh

Yeah he's constantly getting his rear end kicked when he's super fast but to be fair, the faster Barry gets, the dumber Barry gets so maybe that explains it.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Barry has trained with Oliver, I'd assume Oliver has made him do some things at normal speed and blah blah blah blah blah

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Usually I can just space out over dumb plot holes like this but this one is just a bit too "lol c'mon guys you had the solution RIGHT THERE."

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
If after this entire season being about Barry needing to accept the past and stop time traveling, Barry refuses to accept Iris' death and and time travels again, and it actually works and he saves her, I'm gonna lose my poo poo

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Best case scenario is that Barry kills Savitar and Iris remains dead and Barry finally learns a loving lesson.

VV no that wouldn't work because C L O S E D L O O P*

*yeah, it makes no sense

ApeHawk fucked around with this message at 05:34 on May 17, 2017

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Best scenario was Joe kills Barry to save Iris.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
The Iris who got killed was a time remnant of her Wally made.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Best scenario was Joe kills Barry to save Iris.

Thank God I wasn't the only one thinking this

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Phylodox posted:

I thought there was gonna be some significance to HR staring at the severed Savitar dongle, like he sneaks up behind Savitar and stabs him with it or something.

howe_sam posted:

I'm guessing that will pay off next week. HR needs a win.

The going theory online is that he swapped places with Iris via the hologram disguise thingie while Barry was proton packing Savitar and let himself get jacked in her place to redeem himself. Hence why wasn't on the roof this time around.

We'll see next week, I guess.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

nine-gear crow posted:

The going theory online is that he swapped places with Iris via the hologram disguise thingie while Barry was proton packing Savitar and let himself get jacked in her place to redeem himself. Hence why wasn't on the roof this time around.

That would be amazing if true. I wouldn't even be mad.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

nine-gear crow posted:

that makes a lot of sense, and would explain why Barry used the face thing at Argus when he just beat up the guards anyway, it was to remind the audience about it

I hate it though. Barry created this entire situation by loving with time like a moron, and it's guaranteed that he won't learn his lesson because we know Barry is still going to gently caress with time to create Savitar. so if the problem is solved by someone else being clever and self sacrificing, that would be so unsatisfying. It would also give Barry yet another thing to mope about. Jesus loving christ, why can't Barry just be a loving superhero? Why can't he just save the day, do something clever to beat the bad guy, and not leave a bunch of bodies in his wake? Why does everything have to be so miserable and mopey all the time?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

That would make a lot of sense and actually put a perfect bow on that arc so of course Iris is going to be super dead and Barry will spend next season bemoaning how he's going to become Savitar somehow.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

nine-gear crow posted:

I am all for this, especially if it means the regular return of Harry "Biggest Dick on Two Earths" Wells

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Its a neat idea but it doesn't really work, does it? How would HR have gotten Iris away from Savitar to make the switch? Like the best I can think of is Jesse showing up to speed it while Savitar was busy with Barry, but that seems like a reach.

I think Iris might be dead. Until she comes back from time or another world.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
This show has gone full loving retard.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

R-Type posted:

This show has gone full loving retard.

Yeah like 2 seasons ago, keep up.

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Gwaihir posted:

Usually I can just space out over dumb plot holes like this but this one is just a bit too "lol c'mon guys you had the solution RIGHT THERE."

Because the metahuman dampening is extremely selective, for instance it apparently didn't stop King Shark from growing his hand back...

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Could have had Wally take her to Australia. 3000 years in the past. On earth-36. Looking like a completely different person. And not told anyone.

That was really aggressively stupid.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
Can we get rid of the original Barry and keep evil Peter Petrelli as the lead instead? The way he "tricked" team Flash was just hilarious.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Krad posted:

Can we get rid of the original Barry and keep evil Peter Petrelli as the lead instead? The way he "tricked" team Flash was just hilarious.

This was great, he just ran in, kept the bad side of his face away from the team for like 3 seconds, and is immediately told where Iris is. I imagine he planned to zoom in and torture them all into giving up Iris or something, and was kinda disappointed he got it so easily.

That reminds me, why did they tell either Barry where Iris was? I thought they had already worked out that they had to keep it from Barry because Savitar would know everything he'd know. Was this just the writers needing to get Savitar to Iris and jamming in the first scene they thought of?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Cool that Savitar keeps an extra old flash costume around. Crawled right out of the speedforce with his suitcase packed, it appears.

• Locked thread