Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Oh

cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
...Uh.

Oh gently caress. Did they just get abducted by SWORD?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Mutha

Fuckin'

SWORD

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

what the gently caress is going on

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

so was that scenery in robbie's portal supposed to be the mountain where the monastery from dr. strange was located? is he taking it to wong or am i reading too much into that

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Are we getting SWORD?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Shiieeeellld
Iiinnnnn
Spaaaaaaaaaaace

AbsolutelySane
Jul 2, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Are we getting SWORD?

Sure looks that way.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Finale owned. Bring on Season 5!

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

That's one way to tie into Infinity War.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

That's one way to tie into Infinity War.

This time will definitely be the one that has a crossover!

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The way they murdered Aida sure was brutal. It wasn't even really a fight.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

muscles like this! posted:

The way they murdered Aida sure was brutal. It wasn't even really a fight.

You'd kind of expect that. They likely didn't want to try and pull off a super-huge, mega-powered fight on their budget and opted for a far more efficient, simple plan that involves tricking her and ending it fast. Which is what they'd want to do anyways realistically.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

sure guys lets put the show in space, that'll totally save on the FX budget

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/marvels-agents-of-shield-showrunners-talk-season-5-and-space-cliffhanger

This is a really good interview with Whedon and Bell about the finale and poo poo for Season 5

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

hope and vaseline posted:

sure guys lets put the show in space, that'll totally save on the FX budget
They are probably going to pull a SG1 and have them go to alien planets that suspiciously look like forests around Canada/California

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

You know, it almost seemed like they were setting things up for a Ghost Rider spin-off.

GLOSS
Apr 10, 2005

PEARL GROWLS "TAKE OFF THAT SHIRT, STEVEN." I COMPLY, REVEALING THE FULL LENGTH SHIRT TATTOO. PEARL RETREATS INTO HER GEM, DEFEATED.
So the Superior is totally still out there makin' copies of his robot self, right?

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Zebulon posted:

You'd kind of expect that. They likely didn't want to try and pull off a super-huge, mega-powered fight on their budget and opted for a far more efficient, simple plan that involves tricking her and ending it fast. Which is what they'd want to do anyways realistically.

Unless she's not dead. Just watch Coulson next season to see if he starts talking to his arm...

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

GLOSS posted:

So the Superior is totally still out there makin' copies of his robot self, right?

MODOK is probably going to be pod 1, yeah.

That is, this show's interpretation of MODOK.

I like that the show has the features of, but doesn't follow the same storylines as comic books.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true
My reaction over the course of the episode:

whaaaat

waaaaaat

waaaaaaaaaaaaaaht

da fuq?

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

nooneofconsequence posted:

what the gently caress is going on

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

GLOSS posted:

Yap. Him and maybe some of his buddy too.

Tunklord Supreme
Jun 4, 2011

dragon bong z

Narsham posted:

Unless she's not dead. Just watch Coulson next season to see if he starts talking to his arm...

my fondest wish for next season is for coulson's robot arm to catch on ghost fire and for him to then tell someone that they now have to face the unbelievable power of his SATAN CLAW

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

muscles like this! posted:

You know, it almost seemed like they were setting things up for a Ghost Rider spin-off.
I hope not because we know what happened the last time they tried spinning off something from this show :smith:

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Awesome season. I love this show.

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

So, am I the only one here who didn't love that episode, then?

I feel like they reallly bit off more than they could chew last week and this week felt kind of perfunctory.

kayakyakr
Feb 16, 2004

Kayak is true

Yakmouth posted:

So, am I the only one here who didn't love that episode, then?

I feel like they reallly bit off more than they could chew last week and this week felt kind of perfunctory.

My only two complaints were that the scene with Fitz and Simmons was there just to allow Iain to do some more acting and the sendoff for Aida was a little shorter than I had hoped. A little too easy, you know?

Yakmouth
Jan 20, 2016

The dissolution of the Framework is a big enough idea that it could (imo should) have been an entire episode.

Likewise Ghost Rider deserved more breathing room. Bring back his brother, set up some proper closure.

I hate that Vijay's thread never got tied off. The senator Nadeer stuff was maybe the weakest part of the season, but leaving that storyline unresolved bugs me.

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything -- this has been my favourite season of television in a long time (Legion too, but it was only 8 episodes). I just don't think the finale lived up to the 21 episodes that came before it.

edit: and don't shoot someone between the eyes if you aren't planning on killing them. One fake out death per episode is enough.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Yakmouth posted:

I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade or anything -- this has been my favourite season of television in a long time (Legion too, but it was only 8 episodes). I just don't think the finale lived up to the 21 episodes that came before it.

Legion also had finale problems. But five or six of the 8 episodes of Legion were loving brilliant. Shield was just a lot of fun. Not knocking Shield so much, but Legion was on a different level.

This episode felt rushed, yeah. But I am more than satisfied with the season as a whole.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Good episode but it did feel rushed. Framework shutting down was fulfilling enough. But Ghost Rider could've used some more breathing room and less exposition.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

achillesforever6 posted:

I hope not because we know what happened the last time they tried spinning off something from this show :smith:

You can catch Adrianne Palicki on Seth MacFarlane's Star Trek spoof The Orville

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

My only complaint was the scene with Hope crying "make me real daddy" relied a little too much on the kid to sell it, and that's always dicey.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
What is this Sword thing people were talking about?

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
They needed to make this a two parter to get it 100% right but it was goddamn good enough for me.

Phil Rider is best rider tho.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

God, I bought 100% into Hope's "death" and I was way more emotionally wrecked by it than Mack was. That fucker is a rock.

I did sort of think Aida's downfall was a little rushed and I didn't quite buy into Jemma's death because of the pacing of it. But maybe it plays better if you take last week as a two parter.

I thoroughly loved the episode, though. The Mack/YoYo/Hope stuff had me and it was a clean way to get rid of the moral questions of the Framework without actually having any of the good guys be the ones possibly committing genocide. And gently caress Ward and glad he got zapped into existence off camera. The Daisy/Robbie stuff was awesome and I loved Coulson immediately knowing he'd missed something awesome. Jemma's awesome as always. I have absolutely no loving idea what to think of the ending and that leaves me excited for next season. MODOK and Ghost Rider are still in the mix to show up or not show up down the line. Radcliffe got a very fitting sendoff for a guy who was a great character if also an amoral mad scientist.

Seriously, I can't make heads of tails of that end, though. I'm not even sure if that last shot with Coulson in space was a jump forward or if Earth Coulson is a LMD and that's what he and Robbie were talking about. I probably have to go back and watch that because I feel like I missed something.

SgtSteel91 posted:

Oh dang, it looks like those portals used in Doctor Strange

Its definitely the same deal. Remember that the people affected by "ghosts" in the first part of the season had the same hosed up thing happening to their eyes as the people in Dr. Strange. I'm under the impression that the "Hell" Robbie went to was the same "Dark Dimension" in Strange. Robbie also referred to Aida as "being made of Dark Matter" in this episode so it might also be the source of the previous Dark Matter stuff in AoS and Agent Carter.

Which I think is very cool but I didn't realize until very recently when I finally saw Strange.

And vaguely supports my dream of Robbie showing up in Dr. Strange 2 with Wesley Snipes.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mraagvpeine posted:

Basically SHIELD in space.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
One of my favorite dangling threads left from this season is that, even if he doesn't have the book any more, MODOK has read and is in full possession of the Darkhold's knowledge. :allears:

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Joss Whedon created Sword, so that would actually fit in nicely with this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Mraagvpeine posted:

Basically, SHIELD is there to deal with Earth originating threats, internal problems and all of that. SWORD is space-based and meant to deal with external threats.

• Locked thread