Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

*Hugely fat guy comes waddling in*

Everyone: "Bennnnnnn!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I like the direct reaction to me pointing out that /r/ds posters are trying to mass report OSC in the refunds sub: "Nuh uh, you guys are brigading us!"

loving lol, as if I could have any less respect for Jester.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Them getting ready to produce physical collectors boxes means one of two things:

1- They really are going to ship 3.0 or some other version in the next 6 months at the "Release".

2- They are so disorganized that they are producing the collectors boxes years ahead of time.

Both seem equally likely.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I like the direct reaction to me pointing out that /r/ds posters are trying to mass report OSC in the refunds sub: "Nuh uh, you guys are brigading us!"

loving lol, as if I could have any less respect for Jester.

He's a clown!

I'll be here all day ladies and gentlemen!

Eldragon posted:

Them getting ready to produce physical collectors boxes means one of two things:

1- They really are going to ship 3.0 or some other version in the next 6 months at the "Release".

2- They are so disorganized that they are producing the collectors boxes years ahead of time.

3- They don't dare tell Chris the game will not be ready in 6 months.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
how is buying a computer game in a box still a thing?

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

The Titanic posted:

So uh... what's supposed to be in the collectors box? Is this like they are teasing people that the game is nearly complete and about to go gold? Or is this going to contain cigars or a smaller box inside?

It is important to start working on the first version of the collector's box now. 10,000's will be made--only to find the spaceship USB is to thick and the box won't close. The next boxes will be made and alas--too narrow for a CD. The third and forth version of the collector's box will go through grayboxing to make sure everything will fit and RSI will ship with nothing more than website url printed on a fortune cookie sized slip of paper.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Rugganovich posted:

Curiosity has gotten the better of me, so I'm waiting to see what the official stance is.

See what someone need's to do is ask for a refund, and at the first refusal go straight to the higher authorities with it.

All the well intention-ed souls like Street Roller who did a great service to citizens everywhere, gave CIG wayyyyyy too long and way too many opportunities to 'make things right'.

If I asked for a refund tomorrow and the first email I got back wasn't 'Here is all your money', I'd be allover the federal whomevers handle that sort of poo poo, why is everyone still playing nice with CIG after all the back handed ways they've gone about loving over their customers

Problem is I sold my account for profit a few years back

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Eldragon posted:

3 - Remember when they were all hands on deck working on the 'making of star citizen' movie?

Yaaaaaa

Various Meat Products
Oct 1, 2003

starkebn posted:

how is buying a computer game in a box still a thing?

Star Citizen is basically Collector's Edition Box: The Game

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Shipping out $4 worth of box containing $2 worth of paper manuals to allow CIG to say "no refunds" to physical pledges each worth at least $125 does make sense, if they're looking for reasons to keep the money.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

Are they really planning to press SQ42 disks for Christmas? Why are they finalising the colour balance with the manufacturer years before the actual order?

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

this might be the dumbest thing i've seen all day and oh boy it's been a doozy of a day in america

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

radd posted:

Shipping out $4 worth of box containing $2 worth of paper manuals to allow CIG to say "no refunds" to physical pledges each worth at least $125 does make sense, if they're looking for reasons to keep the money.

That is an evil I had not considered, and it seems a very Sandi thing to do. Great way to combat refunds.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Kellanved posted:

What does LTI mean?

LTI is a perk for the very early backers, and will not be available to anyone after the initial crowdfunding period ends in November 2012.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Nicholas posted:

If there 1.1 million unused CCU's, which are essentially ships, and the fleet number, which represents ships, is currently at 1,809,972, then actual player base must be drastically smaller than that. Unless there are loads of people who own the game, but not a ship to fly around in.

CCU's aren't ships, they're 'mods' that convert an existing ship pledge into a different ship.

Because no one, not even CIG, knows what any ship is capable of due to constant refactoring. If I've bought a $100 Chariot-A, but maybe after n refactors the $100 Crapotron-5000 will end up being a little bit better, I might grab a zero dollar Cross Chassis Upgrade - (Chariot-A to Crapotron-5000). I will not apply it now, because maybe Chariot-A will remain better, but I will keep it just in case because I don't want to buy a Crapotron during the concept sale, and after that I will not be able to get LTI on it.

However, I have LTI on my Chariot-A, so if I convert it, I can get a Crapotron with LTI at some point in the future. If I reclaimed the Chariot and bought the Crapotron after the initial sale, I would lose the LTI perks I have on my Chariot.

So CCUs are a way to minimise spend, while maximising options without losing limited time benefits.

radd fucked around with this message at 05:40 on May 17, 2017

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Foo Diddley posted:

*Hugely fat guy comes waddling in*

Everyone: "Bennnnnnn!"

Whatever deities there are in space, have mercy on that barstool.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

All this trouble with Archering images; is it time to open the hallowed doors of Space Court?

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Hav posted:

Cradle-robbing or cradle-snatching is largely innocuous as a term. Macron's missus, for example.

It is absolutely innocuous in Australia.

33 year old dating a 27 year old? Cradle robber/snatcher.

Only used tongue-in-cheek, otherwise the term is pedophile.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Oh good, Sandi is making them write on the rivet desk.

eaAsier

oops

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

The UI is confusing here. There is one sheet of paper for each of the three choices, but apparently I have to explicitly write that my choice is A even if I write on the A sheet of paper? If I vote for B, do I mark B on the A sheet or do I mark B on the B sheet?

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

boviscopophobic posted:

The UI is confusing here. There is one sheet of paper for each of the three choices, but apparently I have to explicitly write that my choice is A even if I write on the A sheet of paper? If I vote for B, do I mark B on the A sheet or do I mark B on the B sheet?

You mark it on 2B sheet, sadly it glitched through the table.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I'm the expensive Sharpie that's not designed in any way as a paper writing pen.

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

boviscopophobic posted:

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

This should be good :allears:

Rugganovich posted:

Curiosity has gotten the better of me, so I'm waiting to see what the official stance is.

Keep us posted, commando o9

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3J8FYKZ52w

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJyfKNeOao

Star Citizen is improving. 2 Planets now.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

:yikes:

Do I even want to read these threads?

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVJyfKNeOao

Star Citizen is improving. 2 Planets now.

the only kickstarter ' mmo" i'm convinced is releasing.
Really looking forward to this.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Crazy_BlackParrot posted:

the only kickstarter ' mmo" i'm convinced is releasing.
Really looking forward to this.

Well it looks like the things they promise actually exist. Only question would be the network side - have they given any info on how many people will be able to interact in a single instance?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJLNbrax2Wg

:gary:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
Let's marvel at the fact that some Citizens bought a concept picture of a $2500 Javelin Destroyer spaceboat. A ship that, when added to the game is meant to support a crew of 24 with new netcode supporting "thousands of players". Pause briefly to consider that the $1250 Idris P concept picture sold in 2012 supporting 10 crew still isn't in the game.

Meanwhile in the actual "game".

SOME CREW MEMBERS GET STUCK IN QUANTUM

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Load a Starfarer with 8 crew members at Olisar, Some in turrets
2 Quantum travel to Kareah

ACTUAL RESULT
Upon arriving at Kareah, Some crew members report being stuck in Quantum travel and cannot leave their seats

EXPECTED RESULT
All crew members exit Quantum and can leave their seats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLOStdazRTg

AP fucked around with this message at 09:56 on May 17, 2017

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

The Titanic posted:

So uh... what's supposed to be in the collectors box? Is this like they are teasing people that the game is nearly complete and about to go gold? Or is this going to contain cigars or a smaller box inside?

They contain dreams

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Tokamak posted:

:yikes:

Do I even want to read these threads?

Nothing but a bunch of circle jerking monkeys with mental Tourettes. Unless that is your thing.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

neonbregna posted:

They contain dreams

http://i.imgur.com/gBKH3cj.gifv

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
life is short - play hard

AP posted:

Let's marvel at the fact that some Citizens bought a concept picture of a $2500 Javelin Destroyer spaceboat. A ship that, when added to the game is meant to support a crew of 24 with new netcode supporting "thousands of players". Pause briefly to consider that the $1250 Idris P concept picture sold in 2012 supporting 10 crew still isn't in the game.

Meanwhile in the actual "game".

SOME CREW MEMBERS GET STUCK IN QUANTUM

STEPS TO REPRODUCE
1 Load a Starfarer with 8 crew members at Olisar, Some in turrets
2 Quantum travel to Kareah

ACTUAL RESULT
Upon arriving at Kareah, Some crew members report being stuck in Quantum travel and cannot leave their seats

EXPECTED RESULT
All crew members exit Quantum and can leave their seats

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLOStdazRTg

Money well spent lmao

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer

I mean, it's hilarious.. but how the gently caress can that even happen?

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004

trucutru posted:

Lol, all your info and you've still not learned anything. They are going to ship 3.2 or 3.3 in a collectors edition box with a 5 dollars-off coupon for sq42 at a later date.
SQ42 :lol:
Later date :newlol:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

his nibs posted:

I mean, it's hilarious.. but how the gently caress can that even happen?

Anything is possible if you believe hard enough.

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
"How is SC going to handle instancing and persistence? Is it really going to have 1000's players going at it realtime? That's the dream."

A dream indeed, like this whole project.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.PayDay
Jan 2, 2004
So Crobbers should just think about :
"Fire your wife, she's killing your project with her vanity, greed and lack of vision, he short sighted marketing decision are cost you the goodwill and trust of your backers and that goodwill and trust is the real source of all the funding that supports you. A cash grab may get you a quick shot of funding now but it will cost you millions in the long run as people begin to feel used and are less willing to throw you hundreds of dollars on a whim.

Keep selling spaceships, increase the tempo of that even, everyone loves ships sales and new jpegs. The only people who actually object to the selling of ships are trolls, and selling more ships is perfectly legitimate. Before Sandi started putting the screw to backers for $5 and $15 surcharges I was actively looking for excuses to throw more money at you. Now I am not, because I am displeased by the actions of you marketing department and am irritated by the fact that they want to tax me for trading ships around in order to get an "optimal" fleet for what I want to do. I have given you more than $2000, on average I have given you $500 per year, every year. To have someone come up to me and demand $5 when I want trade one ships for another of the same value after I have given you $2000 is infuriating and absurd, and makes me less likely to give you any more at all. 2017 is on Track to be the first year since all this began where I give star Citizen no money at all.
My ability to throw Star Citizen funds is increasing, and absent the shenanigans of Marketing my willingness would be increasing too, I like buying ships. However I do not like feeling like I am being cheated. Making me pay $5 for a zero cost service and telling me My money is worth 15% less to you once you already have it makes me feel like I am being cheated.

Please review the conduct of your marketing team, in Particular review the attitude of Sandi Gardiner towards your backers. Her short sighted methods are the only real threat to your dream."

:pwn::razz: