Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

orange juche posted:

CWC is gonna poo poo a house, made of bricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
And now for something completely different
When I die, the first question I want to ask God is why the gently caress did Sonic the Hedgehog of all things, give birth to such a weirdo subculture around it

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Missionary Positron posted:

When I die, the first question I want to ask God is why the gently caress did Sonic the Hedgehog of all things, give birth to such a weirdo subculture around it

Pretty sure God won't have an answer for that

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Input lag got patched on Prey for PS4. If you haven't bought Prey yet, you should get your poo poo together.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Nostalgia4Murder posted:

Input lag got patched on Prey for PS4. If you haven't bought Prey yet, you should get your poo poo together.

Too busy shooting mans in PUBG

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
some times I miss dragons dogma, a game where your henchman learned by watching you and you could invite your friends henchmen into your game as well

if you played too much then your henchmen got too good at the game

https://s1.webmshare.com/xOg1n.webm

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Anime filth! PURGE, SHIM PURGE!

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Dragon's Dogma was pretty good. Not sure that I actually noticed anything special about the AI companions.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Third World Reggin posted:

some times I miss dragons dogma, a game where your henchman learned by watching you and you could invite your friends henchmen into your game as well

if you played too much then your henchmen got too good at the game

https://s1.webmshare.com/xOg1n.webm

Mods?

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
gently caress yes:

my bony fealty posted:

Multiplayer STALKER lives!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mm0Smkm6-8w

I am cautiously optimistic.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Prey is so good

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Naked Bear posted:

gently caress yes:

I remember getting excited about Survarium and that poo poo the bed magnificently.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

A now for something completely different: space boners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcERgIlJk6g

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
That game was loving terrible during the alpha

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

:ohdear:

Maybe they've made it fun since then. I've got the beta downloading right now.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

cowboy elvis posted:

Prey is so good

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
prey the gay away

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

how's the xbone s? I really want to watch Planet Earth 2 in 4k. If I want 4k blu-ray might as well get one, maybe play some exclusives? :shrug: Lame the ps4 pro doesn't have 4k blu-ray. Kind of want to wait for a scorpio but I don't even think that has a release date.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
it really seems like a lot of poo poo and they're going to replace it with the scorpio anyway idk

its not setting the world on fire and if you have to ask maybe its not all that exciting. im hardly a console warrior but it doesnt seem worth it for a show

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

how's the xbone s? I really want to watch Planet Earth 2 in 4k. If I want 4k blu-ray might as well get one, maybe play some exclusives? :shrug: Lame the ps4 pro doesn't have 4k blu-ray. Kind of want to wait for a scorpio but I don't even think that has a release date.

xbone s is surprisingly good, it's still gonna upscale your games to 4k but eh, until the scorpio comes around native 4k games on tv are solely the realm of the pc you hauled into the living room.

They got rid of that kinect trash btw.

If you don't have an xbone and aren't planning on running out and buying a scorpio its a solid buy. Especially since it's cheaper than a 4k bluray player by itself and they tacked a gamebox on there somehow.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Wait is the 4k blu-ray upscaled?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Wait is the 4k blu-ray upscaled?

No. The games are upscaled from 1080p to 4k, the Blu-ray is native 4k. You need to spend the money on the 4k Ultra Blu-rays though to get native 4k. Everything that isn't a Ultra Blu-ray gets upscaled.

Don't get me wrong even the upscaled 1080p60 looks sharp, because the original XBone just ran everything as upscaled 720p30 to 1080p30, and the PS4 did games in 1080p but none of them ran at actual 60fps.

orange juche fucked around with this message at 10:26 on May 17, 2017

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Oh gotcha

-edit nice planet earth is in UHD

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:30 on May 17, 2017

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
Gonna say something really controversial.

Prey is pretty great.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Naked Bear posted:

Here is the free and better version of that.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310380/Fractured_Space/

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Apparently according to the reviews they changed it in the last couple months and a lot of people claim it sucks poo poo now?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Its always been bad since it is a moba style game.

You got a base, two lanes, and a center point that activates every so often. The lane system isn't that bad though.

The big change they did was to change the size of the lanes. They made them less wide and longer. This is what people are complaining about. They reversed that though.

They added in another non lane version with sudden death as well.

The big problem with the game is that they let you face the AI so the pvp matches take awhile to que up. Their solution to this is PVP with AI on each side if matches take too long and that will be added in a future patch.

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 12:21 on May 17, 2017

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Third World Reggin posted:

Its always been bad since it is a moba style game.

You got a base, two lanes, and a center point that activates every so often. The lane system isn't that bad though.

The big change they did was to change the size of the lanes. They made them less wide and longer. This is what people are complaining about. They reversed that though.

They added in another non lane version with sudden death as well.

The big problem with the game is that they let you face the AI so the pvp matches take awhile to que up. Their solution to this is PVP with AI on each side if matches take too long and that will be added in a future patch.

So it's DotA in space? Pass

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004

quote:

Netflix will develop and produce a new show based on The Witcher Saga, the series of eight novels by Andrzej Sapkowski that inspired the hugely popular CD Projekt Red RPG games.

Sapkowski - who does not profit from the game series - will serve as a creative consultant on the series. “I’m thrilled that Netflix will be doing an adaptation of my stories," he explained in a press release, "staying true to the source material and the themes that I have spent over thirty years writing."

Tomas Baginski - who directed the intro videos for all three Witcher games, as well as the Cyberpunk 2077 teaser trailer - will direct at least one episode per season.

:stare:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/17/netflix-to-produce-the-witcher-tv-series

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

I'm cool with this.

not caring here
Feb 22, 2012

blazemastah 2 dry 4 u
I would watch that if it was nothing but isolated cut scenes, those were fantastic.

Also, Lambert makes fun of Geralt for the killing monsters one, that was funny

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit

Naked Bear posted:

I tried this the other day and it seems like it has the potential for a bit of fun. Unfortunately I couldn't queue into any PvP games so I was stuck playing against AI.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

I bought one. The 4k is nice, and Planet Earth 2 looks amazing. The HDR stuff is really hard to explain to people, but is super noticeable when it isn't there. Just saying "there are more colors" doesn't really work for a lot of people. I was upgrading from a launch Xbox One, though, so between the bigger hard drive, 4k Blu-ray and HDR, and only being out maybe $80 after selling the old one, that justified it for me.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
By the way, you guys weren't kidding when you said that Prey was well optimized. I mean I had to drop to 900p & textures to medium, but other options are at high at it's running smooth as butter.

What a rad game.

Shockules
May 2, 2017

Deathy McDeath posted:

I tried this the other day and it seems like it has the potential for a bit of fun. Unfortunately I couldn't queue into any PvP games so I was stuck playing against AI.

Me and Pesticide checked it out in the beta and it just felt like a meh game. The execution felt really bad. The flying is super clunky and doesn't feel natural. The idea is pretty awesome but it just felt like they had no idea how to pull it off.

Edit. Sorry meant to say we checked it out in the alpha.

Missionary Positron
Jul 6, 2004
https://streamable.com/gvgkp

gently caress you, Prey :argh:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

A Bad Poster posted:

I bought one. The 4k is nice, and Planet Earth 2 looks amazing. The HDR stuff is really hard to explain to people, but is super noticeable when it isn't there. Just saying "there are more colors" doesn't really work for a lot of people. I was upgrading from a launch Xbox One, though, so between the bigger hard drive, 4k Blu-ray and HDR, and only being out maybe $80 after selling the old one, that justified it for me.

Seems I can snag one used for just north of $200. Are purchased Xbox live store games from my 360 backwards compatible?

Does the bone even have any good exclusives? Maybe Halo or Gears i guess?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Halo is dead and gone. 4 wasn't amazing and I didn't finish 5

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Halo 4 dropping the co-op Firefight mode was the strangest decision to me. That poo poo was tons of fun :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Seems I can snag one used for just north of $200. Are purchased Xbox live store games from my 360 backwards compatible?

Does the bone even have any good exclusives? Maybe Halo or Gears i guess?

Yes, if they're on the backwards compatibility list. They're adding a few every week or so, and there's a pretty good number now. Forza is pretty much the only racing game in town on console, and that's XBox only. Halo 5 added firefight a bit ago. Rare Replay is a good set of everything they've ever made except for Goldeneye and the Donkey Kong games. I liked the campaign in Gears 4, but I didn't play the multiplayer. But, yeah, there aren't a ton of exclusives.