Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

big money big clit posted:

What about all of the other years?
I really don't think we know how good or bad he is, just that he gets sacked and throws a lot of bad passes/picks when he is running for his life, which is all the drat time.

By the way, the Jaguars have an absolutely, astoundingly bad OL. Potentially worse than the Seahawks and Vikings this year. Most QBs, especially a rookie/2nd/3rd year guy, cannot​ flourish behind a terrible OL with no running game and a bad defense.

I'm​ thinking the Jaguars are an ok team if they can somehow get a functional OL, but I just don't see that happening. If Bortles isn't always trying to catch the team up because of the bad D, starting with bad field position and behind in score, and if the team can run, I think they stand a chance at being 500ish. If the OL shows it's true face I think they are the worst team in the league this year, Caldwell gets fired, Todd Wash gets fired, Bortles gets cut, and the Jaguars draft a QB #1 overall next year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Bort hasn't been done any favors by his coaches and GMs, but I don't think he's magically going to become good if you put a good O-line in front of him. I think he's developed some bad habits due to bad coaching and the aforementioned running for his life that he wouldn't shake even if those things went away. His mechanics and decision making are really poor and they've both been bad for long enough that I think that's just who he is. He might have turned into a good played in better circumstances, but that time has passed.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
I remember noticing how bad Jax's oline was few years ago where Justin Houston had like 4 sacks, and they were the easiest sacks someone could possibly get.

Edit: Like that

http://i.imgur.com/pjXtvUA.gifv

John Brown
Jul 10, 2009

Kalli posted:

61 T.Y. Hilton WR Colts --
62 Cameron Wake DE Dolphins --
63 Chris Harris Jr. CB Broncos 52
64 Casey Hayward CB Chargers --
65 Jordan Reed TE Redskins 77
66 Xavier Rhodes CB Vikings --
67 Greg Olsen TE Panthers 38
68 Geno Atkins DT Bengals 29
69 Jay Ajayi RB Dolphins nice
70 Kirk Cousins QB Redskins 85

Oh god. They're going to put Dak above Sean Lee, aren't they?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Chromatic posted:

I remember noticing how bad Jax's oline was few years ago where Justin Houston had like 4 sacks, and they were the easiest sacks someone could possibly get.

Edit: Like that

http://i.imgur.com/pjXtvUA.gifv

Was this back when Guy Whimper was still there? I think he was completely doomed by his name and nothing could have saved his career.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The panthers are covering up their offensive line problems with a bunch of skill position players that are impossible to defend.

Also cam stopped smoking blunts at Coachella long enough to become tom Brady.

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

Vince owns so god dang much

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

https://twitter.com/judybattista/status/864814216842182656
https://twitter.com/judybattista/status/864814455682719745

Umm these are fairly significant. MORE TIES

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

And yet, they will not eliminate OT from preseason games.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
If you're gonna make OT that much shorter you might as well play it just like another quarter like they do in the NBA. If it ends in a tie, move on to double-OT.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Just get rid of OT in the regular season already.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

pretty soon we'll be longing for the days when ties were rare and funny

Eli Wiggum posted:

If you're gonna make OT that much shorter you might as well play it just like another quarter like they do in the NBA. If it ends in a tie, move on to double-OT.

we gently caress with their safety enough, why not

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

https://twitter.com/CBSThisMorning/status/864826656845963265

punish the pats for not reporting these concussions IMO

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Punish Tom.

Nov 6, 2002

The curse begins.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
I don't understand why the NFL won't do IR like any other league ever and just make it a place to move players on and off the roster.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ehud posted:

punish the pats for not reporting these concussions IMO

:laffo: this will definitely happen.

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

it's finished, the patriots are over.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

DariusLikewise posted:

I don't understand why the NFL won't do IR like any other league ever and just make it a place to move players on and off the roster.

Durandal1707
Oct 11, 2013

DariusLikewise posted:

Because the NFL's run by total morons, writ large.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Eagles are hitting that Blount.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Just get rid of OT in the regular season already.

With how conservative NFL coaches are? Madness.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Kalli posted:

I'm glad he escaped indentured servitude to the Pats.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Kalli posted:

Good for him!

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

DariusLikewise posted:

Because TRADITION aka stupidity

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Kalli posted:

Excellent! I think he's going to be good for us.

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.

DariusLikewise posted:

Would the NFLPA agree with that?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

DariusLikewise posted:

Because IR gives you roster exemptions.

If you don't change that, then it becomes a place to stash players you don't want to lose the rights to.

If you do change that, then the random teams that end up with 24 people on IR like the Chargers last year end up releasing a ton of players because they can't field a team otherwise.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

GaussianCopula posted:

Would the NFLPA agree with that?

As long as players get paid on the NFL version of the DL I'm not sure why they wouldn't

But "every other league ever" doesn't sound right, I don't think the NBA for example creates roster spots by stashing injured players. AFAIK only baseball can do that

I know nothing about the NHL

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

Kalli posted:

Because IR gives you roster exemptions.

If you don't change that, then it becomes a place to stash players you don't want to lose the rights to.

If you do change that, then the random teams that end up with 24 people on IR like the Chargers last year end up releasing a ton of players because they can't field a team otherwise.

You get roster exemptions in other leagues as well though. In the NHL you can place a player on IR and they have to be on for a minimum of 7 days and for as long as that player is on IR you have an extra roster spot for someone else. The NFL would be far more interesting if you made IR a 2-week injured list, so the player had to spend at least 2 weeks on IR once on it and allowed teams to call up their practice squad players to play on the active roster for those two weeks then revert them back to the practice squad once the other play could come back.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

I'm very glad Blount is going to the Eagles. I was a huge fan of him in New England and he had some amazing games. I figure he's got a season or two left.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

DariusLikewise posted:

The NFL would be far more interesting if you made IR a 2-week injured list, so the player had to spend at least 2 weeks on IR once on it and allowed teams to call up their practice squad players to play on the active roster for those two weeks then revert them back to the practice squad once the other play could come back.

You can call up practice squad players like that I thought - don't they only count a season as active if a practice squad player plays more than six?

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

ulmont posted:

You can call up practice squad players like that I thought - don't they only count a season as active if a practice squad player plays more than six?

I think to call up a practice squad player now you had to sign them to an active contract, then when you don't need them, place them on waivers, wait for them to clear waivers then sign them back to the practice squad? They definitely need some number of games to accrue a season played.

GonadTheBallbarian
Jul 23, 2007

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I'm very glad Blount is going to the Eagles. I was a huge fan of him in New England and he had some amazing games. I figure he's got a season or two left.

Yeah, I want him to get paid because lord knows he's earned it

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

GonadTheBallbarian posted:

Yeah, I want him to get paid because lord knows he's earned it

I was at that game where he styled all over the Bills, it was amazing.

ulmont
Sep 15, 2010

IF I EVER MISS VOTING IN AN ELECTION (EVEN AMERICAN IDOL) ,OR HAVE UNPAID PARKING TICKETS, PLEASE TAKE AWAY MY FRANCHISE

DariusLikewise posted:

I think to call up a practice squad player now you had to sign them to an active contract, then when you don't need them, place them on waivers, wait for them to clear waivers then sign them back to the practice squad?

Yeah, you're right about that piece, I forgot.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

DariusLikewise posted:

I think to call up a practice squad player now you had to sign them to an active contract, then when you don't need them, place them on waivers, wait for them to clear waivers then sign them back to the practice squad? They definitely need some number of games to accrue a season played.

Also there are limitations to practice squad players, like they can't have a certain number of seasons played and they can only be on your practice squad for a certain number of years

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I thought you were only allowed to activate a player off IR or the practice squad if they wont help your team at all and there's somebody else on reserve who would

Nov 6, 2002

Letting IR'd players come back would significantly improve the quality of play in the post season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Jiminy Christmas! Shoes! posted:

Letting IR'd players come back would significantly improve the quality of play in the post season.

The what

• Locked thread