Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Looks like Jim Sterling is maybe ditching the fascist dictator aesthetic?

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/864826987793219589
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/864827416530866177

Well, either that, or picking a different type of totalitarianism, I dunno. We'll see in a couple weeks I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Rexroom posted:

They went broke a couple of years back. But they didn't tell anyone until devs noticed their payments stopped. After that scandal, they got bought by some other company. Basically it's a dead platform no-one cares anymore.

So happy that I got my Project Zomboid moved over before it died.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
A Witcher Netflix Series is trending on my tweeter.

Hopefully the author does some better dealing this time cause as I recall he didn't negotiate any royalties on the games. Whoops.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I have very little faith in that project. I really like the Witcher games for the most part but the material really seems like if it was done even slightly wrong it would become insufferable.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Harrow posted:

https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/864826987793219589
https://twitter.com/JimSterling/status/864827416530866177

Well, either that, or picking a different type of totalitarianism, I dunno. We'll see in a couple weeks I guess.

He's gonna go full Louis XIV. is my guess.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Was that zelda netflix show even a real thing?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

MMF Freeway posted:

Was that zelder netflix show even a real thing?

No.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Harrow posted:

Maybe he'll start wearing actual swastikas.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Lurdiak posted:

I have very little faith in that project. I really like the Witcher games for the most part but the material really seems like if it was done even slightly wrong it would become insufferable.
At least the director of all the CG cutscenes from the game will be working on it and the author of the books as well so I'm hopeful.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Palpek posted:

Maybe he'll start wearing actual swastikas.

Nah, if he's trying to shakeup his brand he needs to go from right-totalitarianism to left-totalitarianism and dress like Mao Zedong.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Palpek posted:

At least the director of all the CG cutscenes from the game will be working on it and the author of the books as well so I'm hopeful.

I'd be happy to be wrong.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Lurdiak posted:

It seems like that Song of Thrones show is really popular with the kids these days, what other fantasy setting can we dredge up that these idiots will watch for minimal effort?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

It seems like that Song of Thrones show is really popular with the kids these days, what other fantasy setting can we dredge up that these idiots will watch for minimal effort?

:discourse:

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

exquisite tea posted:

I mean, I'd like a Malazan adaptation but that'd require too high a budget to do it justice. Bas-Lag, same thing. Though hey, the Beeb's making a TC&TC miniseries so that's something.

Mordja fucked around with this message at 15:00 on May 17, 2017

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Mordja posted:

Though hey, the Beeb's making a TC&TC miniseries so that's something.

How would that world even work visually? Tricky camerawork that only shows the left side of the street or something?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

haveblue posted:

How would that world even work visually? Tricky camerawork that only shows the left side of the street or something?

wow i didn't know what "TC&TC" meant but from the context of this post alone i figured it out i'm a horrible nerd

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Mordja posted:

I mean, I'd like a Malazan adaptation but that'd require too high a budget to do it justice. Bas-Lag, same thing. Though hey, the Beeb's making a TC&TC miniseries so that's something.

Holy poo poo, they are? I wonder how they're going to portray the different body-language and even the different walking styles that separate Beszel and Ul Qoma.

I heard a while ago they're also doing an adaptation of His Dark Materials, which I really hope goes well. Their Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell miniseries was pretty successful, so I'd expect they can do a better job than the Golden Compass movie.

Healbot posted:

He's gonna go full Louis XIV. is my guess.

Edit: Fine, pretend I used a different smilie here, maybe like :thumbsup: or something

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:21 on May 17, 2017

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

2017 has really been getting a lot of mileage out of that chef kissing his fingers thing

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:22 on May 17, 2017

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Help Im Alive posted:

2017 has really been getting a lot of mileage out of that chef kissing his fingers thing

And like everything else, it's getting tiring to see.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Mordja posted:

"I'm tired of everything" - Mordja

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Mordja posted:

hold my beer

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Harrow posted:

I heard a while ago they're also doing an adaptation of His Dark Materials, which I really hope goes well.
Oh neat, first I've heard of it. Can't be worse than the movie, ugh, so bad. And yeah, no idea how they'll film the whole crosshatch thing.

Lurdiak posted:

"I'm tired of everything" - Mordja

No, just your posting HEY-YOOOOOOOOO!

Also, yes.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

How is that filter even amusing to you still

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

codenameFANGIO posted:

How is that filter even amusing to you still

I'm 3 years old.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 17, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

whose dark materials?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

His, obviously.

Somebody fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 17, 2017

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
A very spicy page.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

VideoGames posted:

A very spicy page.

not enough hiding in bushes

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJ0NWQ0MasA

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Harrow posted:

Holy poo poo, they are? I wonder how they're going to portray the different body-language and even the different walking styles that separate Beszel and Ul Qoma.

Consult with the appropriate agency of the British government

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

VideoGames posted:

A very spicy page.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Lurdiak posted:

Can't be worse than the Polish live action adaptation.

Or can it? Could always hire the Iron Fist fight team....

MMF Freeway posted:

Was that zelda netflix show even a real thing?

Those were rumors which Iwata denied. However, Nintendo was in talks with Sony Pictures for making movies and TV shows about its properties. They also want to work with companies that are large in multiple entertainment mediums, such as Universal having theme parks and movies. It'll probably be a few years before we see anything substantial other than the Nintendo theme parks.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

The only Zelda thing that actually almost existed was this CG pitch that Nintendo immediately turned down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hvjSlbtzuM

Sunning posted:

Can't be worse than the Polish live action adaptation.

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo
The true quality of the Witcher Netflix series entirely hinges on how handsome the man they get to play as Geralt is.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

FauxLeather posted:

The true quality of the Witcher Netflix series entirely hinges on how handsome the man they get to play as Geralt is.

I haven't gotten a call about this yet so I'm really doubtful.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

FauxLeather posted:

i think it's whether or not they can work in the geralt in a tub image, actually

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Okay in this scene Geralt you really need to run away but as you do you're going to keep turning and facing the enemies and drawing your sword but then sheathing it again.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Maybe they should just put up a let's play of The Witcher 3 on Netflix

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Saint Freak posted:

Okay in this scene Geralt you really need to run away but as you do you're going to keep turning and facing the enemies and drawing your sword but then sheathing it again.

So here you're using your special powers to carefully study a crime scene by running in circles around the same spot on the floor until it finally lights up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Now, find every merchant on the entire planet and play cards with them

• Locked thread