Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Rylek posted:

Should Goons who couldn't get in just wait for the eventual exodus or is somebody going to create Goon 2 Electric Boogaloo?

I'll definitely be keeping an eye on if people check out of the game, unfortunately it only gives daily and weekly stats, so it might be a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Game just took away about twenty levels across a bunch of characters, a shitload of gear I got and about 1000 source credits (the fourth currency?) after I went online.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Reading about all these bugs almost makes me glad I'm in Amazon limbo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Wow, this actually loving sucks, I've just lost a lot of stuff. Luckily, for some reason, Supergirl and Darkseid still have all their higher level gear equipped despite Supergirl being level 4 instead of 11 and Darkseid being level 1 instead of 10.

I also still have the hero card unlocks for their levels despite not being those levels anymore.

A Real Horse
Oct 26, 2013

List of characters who own: Darkseid, Scarecrow, Swamp Thing

List of characters who are cool: Everyone else

List of character who is dumb: Robin

Lists based on a combination of voice acting, what the characters look like, and fun to play.

Seriously though, this game is awesome.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Made a guild for Xbox players, Goonrilla Grodd. ID is 02FRM.
Hit me with a monkey joke or stair reference in the request.

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

I wasn't familiar with Atrocitus before this game, but I am now thoroughly charmed buy this very angry man and his blood-vomiting cat.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

I wasn't familiar with Atrocitus before this game, but I am now thoroughly charmed buy this very angry man and his blood-vomiting cat.

Same. Went to my local comic shop and got them to pull some Red Lantern issues to catch up on him.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I just tried to buy a premium skin that I would have had the source credits for, but didn't because the game made them vanish and it let me buy it, then updated and took me back to where I was in terms of progress. This game's whole progression system is janky as gently caress.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Why are you guys surprised a fighting game's online features are hosed at launch.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AndyElusive posted:

Not really, but don't let that stop you.

Well, thanks for the honesty. I guess I'll jump in and get my rear end handed to me until I learn.

Any of the characters better off to start with than others or would I be fine just jumping in on somebody I like the look of (Scarecrow)?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Well, thanks for the honesty. I guess I'll jump in and get my rear end handed to me until I learn.

Any of the characters better off to start with than others or would I be fine just jumping in on somebody I like the look of (Scarecrow)?

Supergirl is a very good, all-rounder character, but you should play a character you like the look of. Play the tutorial, then play the character specific tutorial for Scarecrow and then play some matches with him.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Do the DLC characters have arcade endings? I really wanted to see Darkseid gently caress some poo poo up with Brainiac tech.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Played a lot of the multiverse stuff last night and I had a real good time, so long as you ignore the 15 match losing streak I had to a savage Black Adam.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

McSpanky posted:

Do the DLC characters have arcade endings? I really wanted to see Darkseid gently caress some poo poo up with Brainiac tech.

Yes, they absolutely do.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What about premium skins

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Dan Didio posted:

Supergirl is a very good, all-rounder character, but you should play a character you like the look of. Play the tutorial, then play the character specific tutorial for Scarecrow and then play some matches with him.

By the way, I just want to point out those character specific tutorials are awesome. I hope they do that in all their future games.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lurdiak posted:

Why are you guys surprised a fighting game's online features are hosed at launch.

These are the local features.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What about premium skins

No.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Threatened gorilla grodd with a banana arrow 13/10 GOTD

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

I think Black Canary is going to be an absolute monster as this game matures. Her mixup is great and her damage is pretty absurd with level 3 trait and 1 bar. Level 3 essentially acting as a restand is going to lead to some very damaging combos and resets.

Also messed around with new Bane who doesn't really seem like he needs venom most of the time beyond the armor it can provide, his neutral damage is just that good. Glad I called that one completely wrong.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Dj Meow Mix posted:

I think Black Canary is going to be an absolute monster as this game matures. Her mixup is great and her damage is pretty absurd with level 3 trait and 1 bar. Level 3 essentially acting as a restand is going to lead to some very damaging combos and resets.

Also messed around with new Bane who doesn't really seem like he needs venom most of the time beyond the armor it can provide, his neutral damage is just that good. Glad I called that one completely wrong.

Actually I'm sorry Bane is the worst here is my source

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Saint Freak posted:

Actually I'm sorry Bane is the worst here is my source

Bane being bottom tier is the natural order

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

How is deadshot not at the top there folks started complaining about him the instant the game went live

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Deadshot is weak Green Arrow owns him easy

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Feel free to replace 'deadshot' with any other character name, including 'green arrow'

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Bane: MY MIND IS MY STRONGEST MUSCLE
Also Bane: *builds a rig with exposed, easily cut tubing*

I AM THE TOILET
Jul 11, 2016

DLC Inc posted:

PREORDER/DLC!!!!

Much like MKX, Injustice 2 has a giant badass embarrassing Big Boy edition. Pay $99 for Darkseid, 3 premium Power Girl/Zoom/Jon Stewart reskins, and 9 DLC characters, 2 of which will probably be Spawn and Bad Mr. Frosty from Clayfighter. No matter what, you get ubergoober Darkseid for preordering this game.

This is from the OP but the bolded part just loving cracked me and my brother up and I wanna say thanks for the joke.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

well now it turns out I was wrong, it's going to be Rudy and Mad Max

Jimmy Hats posted:

Deadshot is weak Green Arrow owns him easy

I haven't played enough of Green Arrow but does his slide go underneath projectiles

Dj Meow Mix posted:

you're probably right, especially with her crazylegs move to dodge projectiles so she can reliably get in

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Never not use the Boxing Glove arrow.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I finished the story last night. I feel disappointed by it. The whole Superman is evil was done before in the previous game and I was hoping this would have done something with that with an interesting twist and it really didn't. Still good for a fighting game storyline but that bar is very low to begin with.

Ooh well, time to focus on grinding away for new gear, getting all fighters to level 20, and practicing to get good! Injustice 2 is awesome and I am going to be playing it a lot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I'm still upset this game wasn't about an evil Dr. Doom style Batman from another dimension breaking Evil Superman out of jail.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I just discovered this so idk how many other people know it but for versus battles, etc you can use the shoulder buttons at the stage select to go into further options like "Use Gear Stats, Use Environmental poo poo" which was useful if I wanted level parity.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

I finished the story last night. I feel disappointed by it. The whole Superman is evil was done before in the previous game and I was hoping this would have done something with that with an interesting twist and it really didn't. Still good for a fighting game storyline but that bar is very low to begin with.

Ooh well, time to focus on grinding away for new gear, getting all fighters to level 20, and practicing to get good! Injustice 2 is awesome and I am going to be playing it a lot.

It doesn't change anything about how you feel. Buy did you see both endings?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Funky Valentine posted:

Never not use the Boxing Glove arrow.

E: Green arrow also has an alternative move that is a GODDANG TELEPORT BEHIND THE OTHER GUY

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Norns posted:

Cleaning up the rest of the story fights so I can do that is my plan when I get home tonight. I thought the Superman ending was a neat conclusion personally.

Then online forevs I guess. Did we end up making a dedicated room, like has been brought up pre-release?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Norns posted:

I didn't, are those pretty different? Maybe i'll go and do that tonight. It won't take long to see it.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Anyways 7PM EST tonight we should all battle?????

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I said come in! posted:

I didn't, are those pretty different? Maybe i'll go and do that tonight. It won't take long to see it.

Yeah they are

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jimmy Hats posted:

Anyways 7PM EST tonight we should all battle?????

I can't be on at exactly that time, but I'm interested in doing so if it's on PS4.

Also please be sure to chip in on guild multiverse, since it gets you lots of boxes if we fulfill the goals.

• Locked thread