Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

Streak posted:

Daughter gay. So what

LOL

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mocking Bird
Aug 17, 2011

blarzgh posted:

Save extreme examples on either end of the spectrum (something like child protective services, where you either can't deal with the horrors of human depravity, or you feel rewarded for making a difference where you can) whether or not you enjoy your job is 45% your attitude and 45% the people you work with/work for, and 10% what you're actually doing.

I work in child protective services and to be honest those ratios still apply, coworkers and supervisors can make or break any job.

Sometimes it's sad but sometimes you get to do a good thing for someone who doesn't totally hate you :unsmith:

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Whorelord posted:

american girls that go to hostels are easy so even if she'd promised fidelity she end up sleeping with people lmao

I've traveled in hostels a lot and pretty much everyone is dtf... the Americans just feel like they're being "bad" whereas everyone else has healthy attitudes about sex and just is like "Oh yeah, sex. Nice!"

though I stuck to the single ladies. We dress it up like it's some Before Sunset nonsense, but a hookup is a hookup even if you go to the Van Gogh Museum museum first.

Unfortunately recently the secret has gotten out and it's attracted the wrong crowd IMHO. I backpacked across Europe a little while ago, and aside from one place in Berlin that basically advertised on being an edgy Kreuzburg slum, it was super bro-y. Not like soccer bro but full on drunk and agressive a-holes.

It's really sad, because my manwhoring aside the hostel common room is a really wonderful place. It's really fun to meet up with people at breakfast and go see the sights together. (Or keep to yourself and go do stuff alone). It's counter intuitive, but for a spell hostels were an introvert's dream.

Also, /r/legaladvice is actually a pretty decent source of relationship drama:

quote:

(WV) My daughter's husband is telling her she can't use their vehicles to find a job, because they were his before they were married.

No legal separation or divorce proceedings YET. She wants to work, but he is saying she can't use their vehicles, because he owned them before they got married. I researched this and the only information was about how the property would be divided in a divorce. I read they would belong to him. Does she have a right to use one of the vehicles?

First time posting and my daughter is trying to establish some independence before she considers divorce/separation.

They live many states away and he is trying to take her credit cards, keys, etc, because he said she didn't work. She stayed home to raise their two children, who are both under six years old.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. The last few days have been a living hell for her and we feel helpless as her parent because we live over a 1000 miles away.

Not letting your wife use your car to get a job totally isn't a transparent attempt to trap her in your west virginia hellhole of a marital home :rolleyes:

maskenfreiheit fucked around with this message at 15:49 on May 17, 2017

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

maskenfreiheit posted:

Unfortunately recently the secret has gotten out and it's attracted the wrong crowd IMHO. I backpacked across Europe a little while ago, and aside from one place in Berlin that basically advertised on being an edgy Kreuzburg slum, it was super bro-y. Not like soccer bro but full on drunk and agressive a-holes.

those are called australians

edit: this is also going to be me in august so if any hungarians are reading this im sorry

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Hes also taking away her credit card and keys so, yes, he is an abuser and is making a play to trap her as hard as he can.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
wtf I've stayed in plenty of hostels and never hosed anybody there

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Whorelord posted:

edit: this is also going to be me in august so if any hungarians are reading this im sorry

The ones I met were all Americans. The Australians I met were all pretty chill. Loud as hell and drunks, but in a funny endearing way, not like, punchy or rapey. One Melbourne girl was pretty rude during a stay once, but in the grand scheme nothing to make me paint an entire country as assholes.

I also used Hostelworld to stick to highly rated ones and avoided anything branded as a "party hostel" so YMMV.

(With the exception of Prague. The hostel took us to an all you can drink absinthe event, and then once we were tanked on rotgut wormwood we went to some random czech disco. It was glorious.)

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Pick posted:

it's not mandatory... and you can totally decide your experience

There's usually two groups - the people who wake up at breakfast, see the sights together, and maybe go to a pub.

And then there's the people who wake up at 2pm, spend the afternoon smoking weed, then hit a disco.

maskenfreiheit
Dec 30, 2004

Whorelord posted:

oh hey just as an FYI, the refugee situation has hit budapest hard. It hosed with the train schedules since they're making people stop and the border and show passports, a small rise in petty crime, and a larger rise in neonazi fucks. So keep your wits about you and keep some cash on hand in case you need to rebook travel.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

American women, do not miss out on Fuckapalooza that is europe. It is the one socially sanctioned time you can just trawl for dick and nobody back home will know/say anything. You get to come back and refer to an orgiastic experience in a back alley of rome as "oh these italians were arguing about something and they were just, <wistful and longing sigh> so passionate"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that doesn't describe anyone who goes to a hostel alone to save money and then hits all the city's cultural and historical sights

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Barudak posted:

American women, do not miss out on Fuckapalooza that is europe. It is the one socially sanctioned time you can just trawl for dick and nobody back home will know/say anything. You get to come back and refer to an orgiastic experience in a back alley of rome as "oh these italians were arguing about something and they were just, <wistful and longing sigh> so passionate"

You're-a-peein. :mmmsmug:

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Barudak posted:

yuck no thanks

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

You can just trawl for dick the next town over if you just want dick, if you're in Europe you ought to be learning about the art and history of nations :colbert:.

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Pick posted:

You can just trawl for dick the next town over if you just want dick, if you're in Europe you ought to be learning about the art and history of nations :colbert:.

Not smelly cultured free spirited European dick though. :shrug:

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Pick posted:

that doesn't describe anyone who goes to a hostel alone to save money and then hits all the city's cultural and historical sights

You're right "boring nerdlord" is the correct appellation for those people

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

No you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

You could alternately do what a woman I know with no interest in europe did which was a "Yakuza Tour" in Japan.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LimburgLimbo posted:

You're right "boring nerdlord" is the correct appellation for those people

When did society become so degenerate that learning and becoming a more worldly person was scoffed at in lieu of dick-trawling?

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Pick posted:

When did society become so degenerate that learning and becoming a more worldly person was scoffed at in lieu of dick-trawling?

You're one of them book-weirds aren't you

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

Its not, but in certain social circles youll be back someday for cultural reasons, but it will never be acceptable for you to sleep around and could be socially damaging to do so with everyones knowledge. So an early 20s trip to Europe becomes a Fucksprigga.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

Pick posted:

typical rude american smh

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pick posted:

you can do both

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Barudak posted:

Its not, but in certain social circles youll be back someday for cultural reasons, but it will never be acceptable for you to sleep around and could be socially damaging to do so with everyones knowledge. So an early 20s trip to Europe becomes a Fucksprigga.

It's a mistake to assume you can just go back in 20 years, much less unchanged. The British Museum of Natural History sucks rear end compared to 15 years ago. In our grandparents' time you could feed the bears at Yellowstone. Which, like, you shouldn't, but it would have been completely rad. Just lol if you were so obsessed with cocks that you missed your chance to see the Wailing Wall.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Pick posted:

You do both. When the museums close is when bottles and legs start to open. It's part of being well rounded worldly person.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Pick posted:

It's a mistake to assume you can just go back in 20 years, much less unchanged. The British Museum of Natural History sucks rear end compared to 15 years ago.

Same but wrt other people's gentials

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

LimburgLimbo posted:

You do both. When the museums close is when bottles and legs start to open. It's part of being well rounded worldly person.

It's part of the conspiracy to make women into tramps.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pick posted:

It's a mistake to assume you can just go back in 20 years, much less unchanged. The British Museum of Natural History sucks rear end compared to 15 years ago. In our grandparents' time you could feed the bears at Yellowstone. Which, like, you shouldn't, but it would have been completely rad. Just lol if you were so obsessed with cocks that you missed your chance to see the Wailing Wall.

As others mentioned, you do both. When you come back older its typically a couples or family trip and you fall asleep exhausted where you once got plastered on liquor you cant pronounce and may contain ashes of saints.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

see pick is doing what too many americans do: seem to think that you can't both get hosed up and see everything

i walked around the sagrada familia while high because i couldnt quite fit both quasi legal barcelonan weed and antoni gaudi's masterpiece into my schedule independently and im glad because that blew my mind

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
God, now I realize why Amsterdamites were so enthusiastically helpful when I said I was trying to find the Hermitage, unscented with urine, weed, or crusting spunk.

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

Pick posted:

crusting spunk.

is that an indica or a sativa?

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
I [23 F] have been a nanny for a single parent in Europe for a month now. I discovered an indecent photo taken of me without my knowledge on the father's [50s M] phone

quote:

I have working as an au pair for an Italian family in a European country for the past month. The family is a single father, who we will call Benny, and his two children. The father is a comedian with a very intense personality and an amazing sense of humor. I knew this going in. It was the reason I chose his family over the others that I was considering.

In the month I've been here, Benny has made numerous sexual jokes and passes made towards me. A couple examples: I once remarked that I would like to meet more Italian people, Benny replied, "No you don't. A real Italian would have raped you already! My friends back home learned I have had an American girl here for a month now, they ask why I haven't attacked you yet." He has come up behind me and fake humped me when I was bending over to clean something. He reminds me all the time that it's okay if I want to sunbathe topless because that's normal in Europe and he's seen so many breasts that it's nothing new to him.

None of that stuff bothered me until yesterday. The younger kid and I were going through Benny's photos on his phone to see how the ones we had just taken turned out. We came across a photo of a girl sunbathing outside with a hat over her face, half naked. I realized that it was me in the photo. This was disturbing because he always tells me when he is taking a photo of me. He usually snaps a quick one and makes up some joke about what the caption will be. This means he sneakily took the photo of me when he knew I wasn't paying attention because I had my hat over my face and earphones in. I know it seems like i have no right to be upset because I was on his property tanning right out there in the open. But to have a photo taken of me without my knowledge, especially one in which I am barely clothed? I had my tank top rolled to just two inches and a bikini bottom on.

My mood, which had just been happy, plummeted to uncomfortable. Benny noticed immediately (which is also strange because I really tried to act like nothing just happened. Maybe it showed on my face. I can't even hide my mood from him?). He asked if anything was wrong. I made up some lie about suddenly feeling homesick. That way I didn't have to fake feeling fine for the rest of the time we were out.

I could have confronted him then and there about him taking a photo of me half naked without my knowledge. But I didn't want to embarrass him.

I'm not trying to play a victim in this. I have participated in a lot of the inappropriate humor and I have never really told him to knock it off. He has told me if I ever feel like he's going too far to tell him and he will stop.

I am trying to find another host family but it is tricky and awkward because the only wifi I have access to is in the main house. So I have to either search for families right in front of him or wait until nighttime and go outside where it's obvious I am up to something because I went out of my way to not use my laptop in front of him. And doing a Skype interview with a new family is out of the question unless Benny is out of the house, which is rare.

tl;dr: Au pair for a single parent family in Europe, the father took an indecent photo of me without telling me and I discovered it on his phone. I did not confront him, but the mood in the house is obviously different and he knows something is up.
What do I do? Is it wrong of me to feel violated? Is it just Italian/European culture?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
americans are stupid

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Her idea of Europeans is entirely based on Pepe Le Pew apparently.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
One time I stayed in a hostel and was completely oblivious to the cute Japanese girl hitting on me. By the time I figured it out she was all over an Australian. In conclusion, death to Australians.

A Wizard of Goatse
Dec 14, 2014

Barudak posted:

Her idea of Europeans is entirely based on Pepe Le Pew apparently.

I'm pretty sure au pair is the universal word for mail-order bride and I've never seen a single thing that fails to confirm this.

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib
My (25/F) friend (25/M) who recently moved to the U.K. is mad at me because I teased him for having an English accent after only three months of living there.

quote:

He and I have been friends since we were in eighth grade. He got out of a really lovely relationship a few months ago, and then moved to the U.K. for work. He's always wanted to live there, so I'm really proud of him and I was super supportive of the move. I even hooked him up with a room at my cousin's flat for the first few days he was there.

That said, he already has an accent lol. It's not the accent that I find funny, it's the fact that he's pulling a Madonna.

I went over there to visit last week. Flew back home on Monday. In that time I jokingly called him out on the accent. I know that if you live someplace else for a period of time it's entirely possible to pick up an accent or figures of speech, but he's only been there since July and he's already pronouncing all his words differently. I thought he was loving around at first, because I didn't recall hearing an accent on skype or over the phone, but he was dead serious and he actually got really mad at me for accusing him of putting an accent on?

To the point that he's not speaking to me now. I honestly approached it in the most lighthearted way imaginable, but he's acting as if I accused him of something horrendous. Like murder or something. I don't know.

He blocked me on social media and he told me I'm a bad friend via text?!

I literally did everything in my power to support him though his breakup and his move, and I went over there to visit with a full arsenal of Canadian snacks that he's been missing, and he's now accusing me of being a bad friend? Wtf dude.

I had no idea he was so sensitive about his fake accent. Maybe there's something else at play, who knows. In fact I hope there's something else because getting this mad over a fake accent is completely ridiculous.

He's being so irrational. I figured I should give him space, but I honestly don't know what I did wrong. We always rib each other; that's our dynamic. He's said some pretty insensitive things to me in the past and I always find the humor in it, but he's now freaking out over an accent? Come on, man.

Oh and if you're curious, the situation unfolded at a pub. We were chatting just the two of us, having a good time and then I jokingly asking him when he decided to take a page out of Madonna's handbook. He got super offended, told me he's not putting on an accent (even though he totally is) and just sat there with a frown the rest of the night.

I don't get why that would spark such a serious reaction but I guess there is info I'm not privy to?

I don't know, man. I apologized to him, very sincerely because I do care even though his reaction makes no sense to me, but he just told me I'm a bad friend and that "ruined it" without explaining what "it" is. Luckily it was my last night there. But still.
I'm so confused.

TL;DR my friend went through a really bad breakup and then moved to London to pursue his passion. I've been incredibly supportive and helpful throughout. When I went over there to visit, however, I noticed he has an English accent now even though he didn't before as he and I are Canadian. I jokingly pointed it out to him and now he's super pissed at me saying I'm a bad friend and that "ruined it". I'm home now and he's blocked me on social media. I don't get why he's so intensely angry but I did apologize because I am sorry for upsetting him. He still won't speak to me. What did I do wrong?

Don't go to europe it will change you and end your friendships.

Bubblyblubber
Nov 17, 2014

zakharov posted:

One time I stayed in a hostel and was completely oblivious to the cute Japanese girl hitting on me. By the time I figured it out she was all over an Australian. In conclusion, death to Australians.

We tried exiling them to the murder island, but the poisonous everything just seems to make them stronger somehow.

And racister.

Me [32 M] with my ex [33F], broke up over a wedding dress code.

quote:

1,884 points 719 comments submitted 1 year ago by throwaway323130 to r/relationships
I dated my ex for about 4 years.

My family is from Nigeria and I'm very proud of my culture. My ex is white. I grew up in Australia but I have close ties to my roots.

Originally race was not an issue when we first started dating but as we got more and more serious, I felt like she wasn't willing or didn't really understand how important my family and culture are to me.

My SIL was always close with my mother despite the cultural barrier and always seemed happy to come to family events and spend time with us and treats my like her own brother. She's even been learning how to cook some of our foods from my mother which made my mum really happy and my brother has been learning to cook North Indian style curries and stuff as well.
My SIL isn't conservative or anything but culture is important to her and my brother and as I get older, it feels important to me too.

The final straw was at my brother's wedding that spurred me into action. My SIL is Indian and she's also very fiercely proud of her culture as well and they've always talked about how mixed race kids grow up culture neutral whereas they wanted their kids to have the best of both worlds.

I've noticed that my ex was never that into my culture, never really spent time with my family and didn't really enjoy coming to family functions and that sort of thing and used to always question some of our cultural practices in a really quizzical kind of way and I could tell that she found it a bit dumb. She also made comments about immigrants not taking the effort to "assimilate". Her words.

Anyway my brother and SIL had an amazing Indian/Nigerian fusion type of wedding. Because in her culture white is the colour of widows and black is the colour for funerals, they specifically, under dress code stated to wear your colours, no black or white.

My ex mostly only wears black. It didn't really bother me but on the day of the wedding she wore a black dress. I asked her not to wear a black dress because it specifically stated on the invite not to but she was adamant that my SIL was being a bridezilla and she didn't have to accommodate.

Anyway, at the wedding my ex was the ONLY one in black, my SIL took one look at her and asked her if she was going to a funeral after the wedding. My ex got very embarrassed and said that she didn't have any other dresses when my cousin piped up with "Oh why didn't you tell us, you could have borrowed one of mine, we're the same size".

My SIL didn't say anything after that, they were too busy with other stuff but my ex was fuming the entire time at the wedding. To make matters worse, she says a few other people asked her why she was wearing black. I didn't see anyone but they might have.

After the wedding, she was mad at me for not backing her up. I told her not to wear a black dress and that if she needed to buy one then she had plenty of time.

She said she didn't need to buy one since she has a right to wear what she wanted and that it was unreasonable to dictate something like this for a dress code since she wasn't from their culture.

Anyway the fight escalated and finally in the heat of the moment I broke up with her.

It's been a few days now and she's blowing up my phone alternatively begging me for another chance and but also mad at me for not backing her up.

I feel like, given how well my SIL interacts with my family even though she's from another culture, how respectful she is, I want someone like that. For me, a wedding is about families not just individuals and I don't want to lose my relationship with my family over my girlfriend/wife.

I need some perspective here, did I do the right thing or should I have backed up my ex?

TLDR: broke up with my ex over cultural differences, wondering if I did the right thing.

I mean, it's a silly fight alright, the bride herself wasn't even mad about it, I'm sure they can figure something out.

Update: Me [32 M] with my ex [33F], broke up over a wedding dress code

quote:

submitted 1 year ago * by throwaway323130

I spoke to my brother and SIL about it because they'd noticed I seemed down and didn't talk about my ex at all.

They convinced me to talk to her because they thought it was very disrespectful what she did but "her kind of white" didn't understand family or culture and I did invest 4 years of my life with her.

My brother and SIL also told me that I owed it to myself to get some closure and I agreed.

I spoke to her a few days ago because how abrupt the relationship ended.

It did not go well.

We met and had coffee in a park. I told her how hurt I was that she would disrespect my brother and SIL on their wedding day by wearing a dress in one of the two colours they asked us not to wear.

She told me that she'd forgotten about wedding and had to rush to get something to wear. I told her I wasn't convinced, the wedding had been on everyone's mind and we'd been asked to help set up the hall which she didn't want to help with but I went.

She told me this was a stupid fight over a stupid dress. I didn't feel that way, I felt it was her not respecting our culture. That's when she got annoyed at told me that culture is a man made thing and that we were in Australia now.

I told her that my heritage was always going to be important to me and my future children and that I couldn't be with someone who didn't feel that way. She mentioned things like FGM and stuff (none of the women in my family have gone through that!) and stuff and I told her that culture is a dynamic thing and that my family didn't even believe in that stuff and weren't that backwards. I was offended she'd even think so. Surely you see from meeting them that they're not like that! It was wrong of me but I pointed out that all my mother, my female cousins etc were all more educated and successful than her.

That was when the conversation started rapidly going downhill. She told me she'd chosen a less strenuous career for me because we wanted to have kids and she wanted to be there to raised them unlike my double income family members, including my mother because I'd mentioned that my mother had worked weekends sometimes. My mother got an education against all odds and my parents have always been after me to educate myself which I have.

That pissed me off. I told her quite angrily that I always respected what my mother and father had done for us, that she was 28 when she met me so she didn't choose a less strenuous career for me, she couldn't blame me for that.

She then got upset and said she didn't have much time to have kids, how could I do that to her, she should have listened to her family that I was untrustworthy and she'd wasted the best years of her life on me.

I told her if that's the way she felt, then it's better that we stay broken up and got up and walked off.

Yesterday I got a nasty FB messages from various family members calling everything from a friend of the family to how my ex was lucky she didn't get AIDS from me.

I've blocked all of them. I told my family about it and they were furious. I'm better off without her. It's a good thing we didn't live together even though we've got stuff at both our houses. Her family was a bit conservative like that.

She's texted me a few times since apologizing and wanted to talk again but I only responded to say that I wanted to pick up my stuff and I'd boxed her stuff up so we should probably meet at the park to exchange it. An hour later at midnight the day before she kept texting and calling me to come pick give her stuff immediately so I went with my brother, SIL and cousin and we exchanged stuff. Her dad was there and he started getting riled up, calling me names, a piece of poo poo etc but my SIL got right up in his face and just started yelling right back up at him and told him that we'd got to police and show him the 15 odd messages of his daughter saying that if I didn't come get my stuff she'd destroy it and she was happy to post all the nasty messages his family had sent me to their workplaces. My ex then begged her dad to calm down and so he walked off.

I refused to go inside the house and told my ex to get just my stuff. Turns out she hadn't packed up my stuff so my SIL suggested we drop her stuff off at a mutual friend's house and ex had a week so she could do the same. I called around to find a friend and she agreed to it at the time as well.

My ex then messaged me today apologizing because she wasn't expecting my family members to turn up and that she'd wanted to talk and she reacted badly. (With her father there? Yeah right).

I told her the same thing. She had a week get my stuff packed up and dropped off to friend's house. She texted me back saying it didn't have to be like this etc but I told her it did and I didn't want to discuss anything further.

In the future I'll notice warning signs about her family's behavior and stuff well ahead and not always feel like I have to prove myself over and over again because I'm black or put up with Nigerian scam jokes or being "affectionately" called blackie because I don't want to make a fuss or because I didn't want to be seen as over sensitive.

It wasn't till I spoke to my brother and to a lesser extent my SIL after this conversation that I realized how not normal this was. Anyway, I have dropped her stuff off and I'm just hoping I get my stuff back from her place. The most expensive thing is a tablet but I won't be too out of sorts if I don't get it back, it'll just be an expensive lesson.

TLDR: Talk to ex, things went rapidly downhill. We are done for good.

Or not, whatever. Nice bullet dodge, buddy.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

A Wizard of Goatse posted:

I'm pretty sure au pair is the universal word for mail-order bride and I've never seen a single thing that fails to confirm this.

I have a friend who's an au pair in one of those Scandinavian countries and she seems to be doing fine. Maybe you just have to avoid those swarthy Italians.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

fruit on the bottom posted:

I have a friend who's an au pair in one of those Scandinavian countries and she seems to be doing fine. Maybe you just have to avoid those swarthy Italians.

Some national stereotypes exist for a reason.