Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

I said come in! posted:

I finished the story last night. I feel disappointed by it. The whole Superman is evil was done before in the previous game and I was hoping this would have done something with that with an interesting twist and it really didn't. Still good for a fighting game storyline but that bar is very low to begin with.

Ooh well, time to focus on grinding away for new gear, getting all fighters to level 20, and practicing to get good! Injustice 2 is awesome and I am going to be playing it a lot.

Both of those endings don't leave me too hopeful for an Injustice 3 anytime soon. However, a Mortal Kombat vs DC 2 or a new IP would be pretty dope to see from NRS in two years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Liar Lyre posted:

Both of those endings don't leave me too hopeful for an Injustice 3 anytime soon. However, a Mortal Kombat vs DC 2 or a new IP would be pretty dope to see from NRS in two years.

Ever read a comic?

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Robin is the best character in the game, with every line of his dialogue being "I'LL KILL YOU"

Kylo Ren aint got poo poo on the heir to the demon :smug:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Damian's "beating them to the point of brain damage is fine tho right" in the story made me laugh. Batman doesn't even loving challenge him on this.

Liar Lyre
Jun 3, 2011

Here to deliver
~Bad Opinions~

Norns posted:

Ever read a comic?

True. They did manage to bring back Green Arrow and Joker. Speaking of story mode, there are a few guys who they clearly added for gameplay purposes and they get dumped on in the story. I'm looking at you Dr. Fate and Swamp Thing.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Robin is the best character in the game, with every line of his dialogue being "I'LL KILL YOU"

Kylo Ren aint got poo poo on the heir to the demon :smug:

Pretty much every one of Darkseid's lines hilariously drive home that he has no time for your poo poo. They tend to boil down to:

"Serve or die."

"...no?"

"Then die."

My favorite is probably against Catwoman:

"I've got nine lives at least."

"Then I have nine lives to torment."

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...

DLC Inc posted:

Damian's "beating them to the point of brain damage is fine tho right" in the story made me laugh. Batman doesn't even loving challenge him on this.

Haha, yea its very Venture Bros in a way. World's greatest super hero and world's worst dad

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

FunkMonkey posted:

Pretty much every one of Darkseid's lines hilariously drive home that he has no time for your poo poo.

Deadshot: "Any last words?"
Darkseid: "Shoot yourself and spare me the trouble."

He's pretty great. The attitude alone makes me want to pick him up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Liar Lyre posted:

True. They did manage to bring back Green Arrow and Joker. Speaking of story mode, there are a few guys who they clearly added for gameplay purposes and they get dumped on in the story. I'm looking at you Dr. Fate and Swamp Thing.

They are both featured pretty prominently in the first Injustice comic series. I haven't read any of injustice 2 yet.

I felt pretty good about the endings. Nothing unexpected, but satisfying.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Liar Lyre posted:

Atrocitus shows up for like two minutes and then fucks off never to be mentioned again.

Dre2Dee2 posted:

Haha, yea its very Venture Bros in a way. World's greatest super hero and world's worst dad

Damian's the World's Worst Son so it evens out.

Red Hood's lines to him should just be some variation on "oh boo hoo, get in line".

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Well, thanks for the honesty. I guess I'll jump in and get my rear end handed to me until I learn.

Any of the characters better off to start with than others or would I be fine just jumping in on somebody I like the look of (Scarecrow)?

I downloaded the game last night, said gently caress it and hopped online with Atrocitus without any in-depth knowledge on his moves

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Saint Freak posted:

Actually I'm sorry Bane is the worst here is my source

Tiers in fighting games only exist for plebs. Dan Hibiki was the bottom is SF4 and I would sweep tournaments with him.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tiers don't mean a lot unless you're a dude at Evo level.

I'm old and slow and can't believe these loving hands used to stomp people on 3rd Strike...

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Nope I"m sorry that tier list with no votes on it is actually 100% correct.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Is there a guild waiting list or something? I'd like to get in on it.

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
So far the only thing preventing me from enjoying this game is playing with a pad. Going to have to get used to it thought since I'm not dropping another $150 on a fightstick I won't use much.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot

Saint Freak posted:

It's right that Darkseid loving rules tho

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

JackDarko posted:

So far the only thing preventing me from enjoying this game is playing with a pad. Going to have to get used to it thought since I'm not dropping another $150 on a fightstick I won't use much.

This is also part of my issue. I'm horrible with the PS style dpad. Saturn pad or a stick is what I need.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Norns posted:

Tiers don't mean a lot unless you're a dude at Evo level.

I'm old and slow and can't believe these loving hands used to stomp people on 3rd Strike...

Daigo Umehara is quite possibly the only Pro tier player that shows talent and doesn't just spam poo poo for cheap wins all the time.

When I was in Japan from '03 to '07 I ended up playing against him in GGX in a random arcade without even knowing who he was. I beat him by being cheap with Potemkin and then he proceeded to walk all over me with Sol Badguy, fun times.

But about Injustice 2, game good

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Saint Freak posted:

Tiers are crutches for babbies who can't take a certain character and make it work.

People who swear by character tiers are 98% of the time the ones who play Sagat and spam Tiger Shots until the time runs out.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

It's right that Darkseid loving IS

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm getting the feeling Dr. Fate is the new Sinestro. Would anyone have any tips for playing as him?
I have only played this character for about 2 hours myself but here are my thoughts.

The basic idea with his zoning seems to be to use the fast fireball if you think they're going to move and use the orb if you think they're going to hesitate. If they're getting too close I found you can meter burn the orb just before it gets to them and then backdash back to full screen. Meter burning the fast fireball for chip seems to be very strong especially with trait going. Once they get too close you should try to hit them with glyph to knock them back to fullscreen. The glyph is -9 on block but because of the pushback seems pretty safe (although I'm sure there are characters who can punish it). It's also very hard to make it whiff so it seems like a very easy move to get away with. f2 xx glyph also seems strong as a whiff punish.

As far as combos he doesn't... seem to have any? I mean if trait is active, anything into EX glyph starts a combo, but because trait takes so long to recover after activating, it feels risky to try to use when you're close. Without trait his only launchers are b2 and the universal b3 and f3. b2 seems ok for punishes and f3 actually seems pretty useful against people who are trying to duck under your fireballs from mid range, but it seems like all you get off of those is b2 > 2113 or f3 > j.3 > 2113. The character's damage doesn't seem to be there and I couldn't really find good mixup options either, so if they get close it really feels like your primary focus should be getting them back out.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Carebearz posted:

Tiers in fighting games only exist for plebs. Dan Hibiki was the bottom is SF4 and I would sweep tournaments with him.

I'm pretty sure SF4 was so hosed that in some builds Dan was actually not bottom tier.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

Lurdiak posted:

I'm pretty sure SF4 was so hosed that in some builds Dan was actually not bottom tier.

Dan was consistently put at the bottom of every "pro tier list" which is why I made it my purpose in life to win with him all the time.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

FunkMonkey posted:

I can't be on at exactly that time, but I'm interested in doing so if it's on PS4.

Also please be sure to chip in on guild multiverse, since it gets you lots of boxes if we fulfill the goals.

PS4, yeah! I'll be in and out of the guild lobby yelling at people to battle me, so watch for that.

And I've done a few runs through multiverse stages. Did a run of the 5-fight one and a run of the 20-fight one, as well as a bunch of online versus matches for the guild daily!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jimmy Hats posted:

PS4, yeah! I'll be in and out of the guild lobby yelling at people to battle me, so watch for that.

And I've done a few runs through multiverse stages. Did a run of the 5-fight one and a run of the 20-fight one, as well as a bunch of online versus matches for the guild daily!

I will try to get on at some time tonight for the great losing then.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I will bring the boxing glove arrows and one-liners

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

God drat I cannot reliably do inputs with the PS4 d-pad beyond the back-forward moves.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

I'm getting the feeling Dr. Fate is the new Sinestro. Would anyone have any tips for playing as him?

d,b+1 (the slow fireball) is super super good and one of your go-tos. You can set up the slow fireball and then throw out some d,f+1 fast fireballs to punish them for trying to get around the slow fireball. Pretty easy to keep people zoned like this.

1,1,2 is kind of his go to string from what I've seen, the 3rd hit sends the opponent flying which gives you some time to set up zoning. 1,1,2 xx d,b+1 should make the slow fireball hit meaty, and if you follow up immediately with d,f+1 the 2 fireballs should combo (and you can meter burn it for big damage).

It's good to start racking up d,b+3 (the glyph summon) when you have some free time. d,f+3 sends the glyphs at the opponent, and if all 3 hit they get launched. If you have 3 glyphs set up, 1,1,2 xx d,f+3 should set them up to get hit by the glyphs.

I'm really enjoying playing online as both Dr. Fate and Captain Cold, but I dread the day people realize meter burn roll exists.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

I'm really enjoying playing online as both Dr. Fate and Captain Cold, but I dread the day people realize meter burn roll exists.

"Basic tutorial? That's for scrubs. It won't teach me anything I don't already know."

may contain peanuts
Sep 28, 2007

WOW what a grate sports paly by the 49rs (better than seahawks)

Jmcrofts posted:

d,b+1 (the slow fireball) is super super good and one of your go-tos. You can set up the slow fireball and then throw out some d,f+1 fast fireballs to punish them for trying to get around the slow fireball. Pretty easy to keep people zoned like this.

1,1,2 is kind of his go to string from what I've seen, the 3rd hit sends the opponent flying which gives you some time to set up zoning. 1,1,2 xx d,b+1 should make the slow fireball hit meaty, and if you follow up immediately with d,f+1 the 2 fireballs should combo (and you can meter burn it for big damage).

It's good to start racking up d,b+3 (the glyph summon) when you have some free time. d,f+3 sends the glyphs at the opponent, and if all 3 hit they get launched. If you have 3 glyphs set up, 1,1,2 xx d,f+3 should set them up to get hit by the glyphs.

112 xx db1 sounds pretty cool and I will give that a shot the next time I play.

I am sort of not sure when it's a good idea to go for db3. I know the little glyphs themselves are unblockable but the big meteor that falls on them is just a mid, so they can just block it. Forcing someone to block isn't the worst reward in the world, but because Fate's damage and mixups are so bad it doesn't seem like he can really capitalize. Any time I have the time to do db3 I always felt it was a better idea to do df2 (the healing field).

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Supergirl: "But murdering people is bad!"

Superman: (Okay think here...don't say murder is cool. Say literally anything else except that)

Superman: "Murder is...cool."

Grem
Mar 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 28 days!

a new study bible! posted:

Is there a guild waiting list or something? I'd like to get in on it.

Ehhhh, maybe I'll make a Google doc or something

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

may contain peanuts posted:

112 xx db1 sounds pretty cool and I will give that a shot the next time I play.

I am sort of not sure when it's a good idea to go for db3. I know the little glyphs themselves are unblockable but the big meteor that falls on them is just a mid, so they can just block it. Forcing someone to block isn't the worst reward in the world, but because Fate's damage and mixups are so bad it doesn't seem like he can really capitalize. Any time I have the time to do db3 I always felt it was a better idea to do df2 (the healing field).

Making them block isn't just good for mixup potential, it also lets you hold them still so you can set up slow fireballs (or more glyphs).

Having glyphs is also pretty valuable when you activate his trait since in trait the glyphs act like traps and can be used in combos or as kind of a defensive carpet

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
why don't you guys just make a second guild

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Funky Valentine posted:

God drat I cannot reliably do inputs with the PS4 d-pad beyond the back-forward moves.

Go into controller options and turn release check off. You can also try putting diagonal inputs on and playing with the thumbstick, and see if that works better for you!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Saint Freak posted:

Supergirl: "But murdering people is bad!"

Superman: (Okay think here...don't say murder is cool. Say literally anything else except that)

Superman: "Murder is...cool."

Superman: No seriously you're my general or I jam an LED in your skull. See accompanying example.

B-Money: My very existence is grape-flavored.

Supergirl: OH poo poo

Roll credits.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I retract my Atrocious hate before, this big red piece of poo poo is great. It took me forever to figure out that Dex Starr had more movies than his fire hairball.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
I'm having a lot of fun with Darkseid but I want to play Atrocitus too because evil kitty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

I'm having a lot of fun with Darkseid but I want to play Atrocitus too because evil kitty

Screw you, Dex Starr is good kitty

• Locked thread