Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
Plus his introduction was literally him punching Hitler in the face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

JimRob - 140k for administration
John - 110k for "programming" and maintenance.
Ann (John's Wife and JimRob's daughter-in-law) - 25k for clerical services.
Hosting Costs and Server Storage Fees - 35k
"Taxes" - 25k
Travel (for appearances at Tea Party and Tax Day rallies in 2009) - 14k
Legal Fees - 18k
Security Monitoring Software - 12k

Total: 379k
someone who is good at the economy please help me budget this. my forum is dying

Georgia Peach
Jan 7, 2005

SECESSION IS FUTILE

Covok posted:

A Freeper with a Wade Wilson avatar is weird. Guess they don't know Wade Wilson is an omnisexual with a fluid gender identity?

Also, who else finds it funny those who are willing to talk about Freep on facebook do not have their face on their profile versus those who do have their facepic as their avatar?

He said in that thread that he's Humblegunner. Kit Kat also posted in that thread but seeing real names and faces was weird.

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

The Freep-a-Thon last year raised 90k per quarter. It was about 350k for the whole year.

This might be outdated, but in 2009 or so Jimrob was getting a lot of flack and posted the budget breakdown for Freep. About 90% of it went to Jimrob and his family and the other 10% still had extremely suspicious amounts for things that went to Jimrob and his family like "Travel" and "taxes."

The breakdown was:

"Taxes" - 25k
Legal Fees - 18k

I think Freep was more profitable back in 2009, but Jimrob has steadfastly refused to itemize costs ever again (that I am aware of) since then and just started zotting people who ask why hosting costs so much.

If only I had less, what's it called?
Morals

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Covok posted:

A Freeper with a Wade Wilson avatar is weird. Guess they don't know Wade Wilson is an omnisexual with a fluid gender identity?

Also, who else finds it funny those who are willing to talk about Freep on facebook do not have their face on their profile versus those who do have their facepic as their avatar?

IIRC there was a Freeper with a loving Steven Universe avatar. That show's main message is an anathema to everything Freepers stand for.

Lightning Lord
Feb 21, 2013

$200 a day, plus expenses

Some people just like entertainment independent of whatever politics it has. I like Frank Miller's comics (mostly Daredevil) in spite of the man's views, for example.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.

Neo_Crimson posted:

IIRC there was a Freeper with a loving Steven Universe avatar. That show's main message is an anathema to everything Freepers stand for.

They must have watched the Rocknaldo episode and sympathized with the jerk who joined a hamfisted attempt at a surrogate for a minority group then treated them all like poo poo when he wasn't the center of attention.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Plinkey posted:

Sorry for the double post but this is classic.

"Freep: The names are new...It bothers me that I may be nice to someone that hates me"

Wah wah my lockstep!

God, that is pure freep. "Gosh, I hope I'm not being nice to someone I hate or critical of someone I like because independent thought is bad"

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I feel like we've seen Freepers who like MLP before

someone post that "it's hard out there for a conservative furry" comic

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

"it's hard being a conservative brony"

The furry one is "conservative and furry, I get more tail than you can imagine"

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

"it's hard being a conservative brony"

The furry one is "conservative and furry, I get more tail than you can imagine"

Is that second one a "because they both gently caress animals" joke? Feels like it is.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

The Freep-a-Thon last year raised 90k per quarter. It was about 350k for the whole year.

This might be outdated, but in 2009 or so Jimrob was getting a lot of flack and posted the budget breakdown for Freep. About 90% of it went to Jimrob and his family and the other 10% still had extremely suspicious amounts for things that went to Jimrob and his family like "Travel" and "taxes."

The breakdown was:

"Taxes" - 25k
Legal Fees - 18k

I think Freep was more profitable back in 2009, but Jimrob has steadfastly refused to itemize costs ever again (that I am aware of) since then and just started zotting people who ask why hosting costs so much.

$25k in taxes is curious. Especially if he's really paying himself $140k. Has he indicated what the FR business structure is?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
His yearly taxes, you know, when big bad daddy government demands its cut for him doing nothing

Legal fees is what stands out to me

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...

Smeep posted:

$25k in taxes is curious. Especially if he's really paying himself $140k. Has he indicated what the FR business structure is?

-More money for us.
-gently caress you.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

SocketWrench posted:

His yearly taxes, you know, when big bad daddy government demands its cut for him doing nothing

Legal fees is what stands out to me

Yeah, but depending on what type of business FR is, that seems kind of low to me. I'm no expert, though.

Tip Shades
Oct 28, 2016

Plinkey posted:

Sorry for the double post but this is classic.

"Freep: The names are new...It bothers me that I may be nice to someone that hates me"

I love the absolute cowardice of that post.

"I can't bear the thought that I might have to judge other freepers solely on the things they say! Bring back the fake names!"

hardstyle
Mar 12, 2004

"...Neither seen nor heard"

Smeep posted:

Yeah, but depending on what type of business FR is, that seems kind of low to me. I'm no expert, though.

They've been sued in the past for copyright issues (copying and pasting a whole article), which is why some news sites are link only or banned. I don't think that's happened in years though.

Smeep
Jan 20, 2004

The taxes, not the legal fees, is what caught my eye. I don't know. I have an S-Corp and it seemed odd to me, but he could be an LLC or a self-proprietor for all I know.

VitalSigns
Sep 3, 2011

Plinkey posted:

conservatism.txt

I can't know what I think about this statement unless I know how I feel about the person making it.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Smeep posted:

The taxes, not the legal fees, is what caught my eye. I don't know. I have an S-Corp and it seemed odd to me, but he could be an LLC or a self-proprietor for all I know.

It's more likely that the figures JimRob released were bullshit and he was finding ways to re-catagorize money that he and his family took to prove that Freep "needs" 379k a year to keep running.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.

Smeep posted:

Its an LLC. You can find it on the California SecState's office.

So when he says taxes... Hey, wasn't there a seminal tax law case that said taxes paid on behalf of executives are in fact taxable income?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Remember that contrary to what you might think a hardcore right-wing site like Freep would do, JimRob makes it a point that he pays as much in taxes as possible, because to get out of taxes would be unfair or something I don't remember. Whether that's how much he actually pays or not is anyone's guess, but that's his claim.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
This seems like a real good time to make Free Republic Reborn II: The Reckoning (totally sanctioned by JimRob anyone saying differently is fake news and is a fake news person), and siphon off some cash from authoritarian morons. ;)

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
^Disgusting and worthy of it as freep is, I don't think I could honestly sleep well at night knowing I'm bilking money out of some old fucks because they're assholes

VitalSigns posted:

conservatism.txt

I can't know what I think about this statement unless I know how I feel about the person making it.

That's what I was thinking but couldn't put into words. it's the same mentality that feeds that cult of popularity.

SocketWrench fucked around with this message at 05:07 on May 18, 2017

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Nihilarian posted:

I feel like we've seen Freepers who like MLP before

someone post that "it's hard out there for a conservative furry" comic

B-Chan? He had an anime avatar with enormous breasts .

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
Flor Alviola shared a link. 11 hrs
MCCAIN Promotes IMPEACHMENT – Stumbles, Exposes Still Pushing OPEN BORDERS

quote:

Why is this guy allowed to call himself a Republican and be a member of the Republican party? It's obvious as hell he's a far left Democrap. I'm getting sick and tired of these Democrap operatives in my party back stabbing every chance they get. Is there a way to kick them out?

quote:

He is one of the most vile of the swamp creatures in DC.

quote:

I hope all of the dummies who are beating the impeachment and obstruction of justice drum , check their stock and 401 k portfolios tonight. The market is in the tank because they see the Trump agenda is in jeopardy.

quote:

Mr. McCain... I was a volunteer on your campaign in 2008 when you ran for president. As a Navy veteran who had actually met you in the past while living in Arizona I thought you were a really great guy and hero. I regret that to this day. You are an ugly, sniveling, petty, jealous child and I pray to God that you do not make it to the end of your term before you are impeached or worse. You are a f'ing traitor and if you think what you're doing is going to earn you any praise from any Republican... you are more insane than we believed you to be. If I see you in the future... instead of saluting you... I would spit in your face.

quote:

I am embarrassed I voted for that idiot. Die or retire you idiot.

quote:

I didn't vote for him I voted for Sarah Palin

quote:

Round up all the thugs making trouble for Trump and charge them with treason, obstructing justice and Interfering in government business.

Amy Amrap 10 hrs
What do you think of people who oh-so-casually refer to their liberal friends? I detest them. I detest them lots. I think people who rationalize cavorting with evil are more evil than evil. Desperately insecure, self deluded and self indulgent to the point of insanity is the best that can be said about them. They are responsible for the destruction of America as much as any leftist piece of filth you can name.

Suzanne Congdon posted:

I think you need a chill pill,
Like · 5 · 10 hrs

Amy Amrap posted:

Meaningless random words. Weak defense of degeneracy.

Jason McCorkle posted:

Leggy Mountbatten
Hi Jim,
Respectfully, might I suggest thst you move FR into the cloud?

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse
Lol they really 180'd on him hard. I think McCain is a shitlord, but that's how I always felt. These guys basically worshipped him as a god till he lost.

Feinne
Oct 9, 2007

When you fall, get right back up again.

SocketWrench posted:

Lol they really 180'd on him hard. I think McCain is a shitlord, but that's how I always felt. These guys basically worshipped him as a god till he lost.

Yeah McCain might have had some vestigial principles at some point in his career but he had them surgically removed after losing the 2000 primaries and he was 100% shitlord by 2008. If he actually supports impeaching Trump it's entirely for craven and self-serving reasons.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

How are they responding to Ailes?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Losing is the worst sin

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Samovar posted:

How are they responding to Ailes?
"The liberal sons take over."
"That would be Murdoch's sons."

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Reviewing Freep quotes from Comey's firing are hilarious in respect to what has actually happened in the last week. They got their special investigation from Rosenstein, but not the one they wanted!

quote:

To: McGruff

I'm sure Rosenstein and Sessions submitted a list of candidates along with their recommendation.

Yates is likely not so sure of her "free as a bird" status today.

58 posted on 05/09/2017 2:56:53 PM PDT by Sacajaweau
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 9 | View Replies]

To: BradtotheBone

THANK GOD!

Now hire a special prosecutor, gather the evidence, Impanel a Grand Jury, indicate his butt, bring him to trial, convict him and IMPRISON Comey for a VERY LONG TIME.

Comey is a national disgrace!

87 posted on 05/09/2017 3:01:54 PM PDT by Jmouse007 (Lord God Almighty, deliver us from this evil in the name of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, amen.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

I Greyhound fucked around with this message at 17:08 on May 18, 2017

Prester Jane
Nov 4, 2008

by Hand Knit

Malloc Voidstar posted:

Amy Amrap 10 hrs
What do you think of people who oh-so-casually refer to their liberal friends? I detest them. I detest them lots. I think people who rationalize cavorting with evil are more evil than evil. Desperately insecure, self deluded and self indulgent to the point of insanity is the best that can be said about them. They are responsible for the destruction of America as much as any leftist piece of filth you can name.

Unironically saving this for future reference as a perfect demonstration of a high-compaction Narrativist demanding a compaction cycle in reaction to extreme Narrative dysphoria. "Purge those who associate in any way with the Enemy for they too are also tainted" is the underlying psychological impulse a high-compaction Narrativist is feeling in this situation. This is also a demonstration of how inner Narrative evolution results in a deepening embrace of Bypass logic.

(Prepare for a barrage of vocabulary) In this case the Bypass of Purity is overtaking this individuals thinking on a steadily deeper level as his inner narrative continues to steadily evolve in reaction to so many compaction cycles- which are in turn being caused by the extreme Narrative dysphoria that Donald Trumps inherently chaotic actions are creating. In general the more Narrative evolution that occurs the more prominent and pronounced the sub-conscious embrace of Bypass logic becomes; which in turn results in the sort of flawed thinking being demonstrated by the above quote. "Purge the Enemy" hasn't worked, so now it is evolving into ""Purge those who even associate with the Enemy on any friendly terms".

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I Greyhound posted:

Reviewing Freep quotes from Comey's firing are hilarious in respect to what has actually happened in the last week. They got their special investigation from Rosenstein, but not the one they wanted!

Freep: indicate his butt

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

I Greyhound posted:

And just a few short months ago they were praising him as a master mind and the supreme justice of the land.

SocketWrench
Jul 8, 2012

by Fritz the Horse

Prester Jane posted:

Unironically saving this for future reference as a perfect demonstration of a high-compaction Narrativist demanding a compaction cycle in reaction to extreme Narrative dysphoria. "Purge those who associate in any way with the Enemy for they too are also tainted" is the underlying psychological impulse a high-compaction Narrativist is feeling in this situation. This is also a demonstration of how inner Narrative evolution results in a deepening embrace of Bypass logic.

(Prepare for a barrage of vocabulary) In this case the Bypass of Purity is overtaking this individuals thinking on a steadily deeper level as his inner narrative continues to steadily evolve in reaction to so many compaction cycles- which are in turn being caused by the extreme Narrative dysphoria that Donald Trumps inherently chaotic actions are creating. In general the more Narrative evolution that occurs the more prominent and pronounced the sub-conscious embrace of Bypass logic becomes; which in turn results in the sort of flawed thinking being demonstrated by the above quote. "Purge the Enemy" hasn't worked, so now it is evolving into ""Purge those who even associate with the Enemy on any friendly terms".

Hang on a second, I need to find out if I like you or hate you before I can decide whether I agree or not.
That's all that needs to be said about that freeper's post

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

SocketWrench posted:

And just a few short months ago they were praising him as a master mind and the supreme justice of the land.

He didn't indict Hillary, failing is the greatest sin

Bobulus
Jan 28, 2007

SHY NUDIST GRRL posted:

failing is the greatest sin

The best part of this is if Trump ever resigns (rather than be impeached, for example), Freep will have a complete meltdown, because their chessmaster will be a 'loser' in their eyes.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

quote:

Now hire a special prosecutor, gather the evidence, Impanel a Grand Jury, indicate his butt, bring him to trial, convict him and IMPRISON Comey for a VERY LONG TIME.
I know I'm asking for a lot looking for a connection to reality from Freep, but what exactly would Comey be imprisoned for? Blasphemy against the Golden God?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Colluding with Hillary to not arrest her for her crimes of uh emails