Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
vyst
Aug 25, 2009

They are probably upset they retired the Fulmer Cup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

AsInHowe posted:

I am amused that the Baylor investigation is confirming the worst of what we expected, plus the new tangential problem of dogfighting.

Isn't this just new stuff from lawsuits so far though? Like not from an investigation I mean.

KIM JONG TRILL
Nov 29, 2006

GIN AND JUCHE
It's too bad the Big 12 is a garbage conference run by garbage men (no not Tennessee fans) who have no convictions. Baylor should already have been kicked out of our conference regardless of what the NCAA does.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/Mark_Schlabach/status/864880990652682241

https://twitter.com/BruceFeldmanCFB/status/864886931879886849

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 18:43 on May 17, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Korranus posted:

gotchu fam

lmao

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

:stare: Goddamn, burn the entire loving city of Waco to the ground.

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

Mr. World posted:

This but use as much shiplap as you can find to start the fire

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Mr. World posted:

Been advocating for that since the moment I moved to Texas and drove through that poo poo hole.

And I will long after I leave this state too.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

What the gently caress is the #cab bullshit?

I'm missing something here.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

iospace posted:

What the gently caress is the #cab bullshit?

I'm missing something here.

Coach Art Briles.

There's a significant faction that believes he did nothing wrong (including Ken Starr).

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Grittybeard posted:

Coach Art Briles.

There's a significant faction that believes he did nothing wrong (including Ken Starr).

Here's my surprised face given what Penn State has done with JoePa:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
You'll find that cult of personality with any successful coach on any level. Art Briles isn't even that good of a head coach and Baylor wanted to ignore a laundry list of hosed up poo poo. I can't begin to imagine what Beamer or Bowden could have gotten away with if they had some big scandal.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Mr. World posted:

The Feds tried that once

It did not work

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

KKKLIP ART posted:

This but use as much shiplap as you can find to start the fire

Lol, yes YES

Edit : tangential to lol Waco, apparently Chip Gaines bought out his business partners on the cheap, right before they began film production, and didn't tell them anything about it

Now they're suing.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 23:34 on May 17, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Crotch Bat posted:

You'll find that cult of personality with any successful coach on any level. Art Briles isn't even that good of a head coach and Baylor wanted to ignore a laundry list of hosed up poo poo. I can't begin to imagine what Beamer or Bowden could have gotten away with if they had some big scandal.

There will always be some lovely fans, but I don't think all fanbases would react identically to that sort of thing, and more importantly, all coaches aren't amoral rape apologists.

Also, Briles is a really drat good coach.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Let's not all pretend that Art Briles isn't a good coach. Baylor was an absolute, total ruin of a program before he got there.

He is a world-champion level lovely person but he can coach a football team

e: to put this in some perspective, from 96 to 07, which is the formation of the Big 12 until the year before Briles, Baylor had a total of 11 conference wins, and a 29 game conference losing streak. Briles eclipsed that in 4 years and won the conference in his 6th. It doesn't excuse him in any way but you can see why some might worship him (not that they should be excused either)

fast cars loose anus fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 18, 2017

Kim Jong Il
Aug 16, 2003
Building a program and pure coaching are two separate skillsets, but Briles is loving amazing in both, in addition to being human refuse.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

big money big clit posted:

There will always be some lovely fans, but I don't think all fanbases would react identically to that sort of thing, and more importantly, all coaches aren't amoral rape apologists.

Also, Briles is a really drat good coach.

Well that's specifically why I mentioned the cult of personality surrounding them. The people who have bought in will stand by their guy. Penn State had a coach who was like one stop short of the worst possible scenario of this you could imagine (the worst would be if JoePa was actually doing the molesting) and look what happened there.

I think Nick Saban could get away with an astonishing amount of poo poo right now because half that fanbase would bathe in his farts just to get closer to him.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Kim Jong Il posted:

Building a program and pure coaching are two separate skillsets, but Briles is loving amazing in both, in addition to being human refuse.

Truth

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

I think Nick Saban could get away with an astonishing amount of poo poo right now because half that fanbase would bathe in his farts just to get closer to him.

Bill Snyder is probably the most dangerous coach in the nation.

Luckily he just seems to be a more or less nice old man with the occasional bad opinion.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Grittybeard posted:

Bill Snyder is probably the most dangerous coach in the nation.

Luckily he just seems to be a more or less nice old man with the occasional bad opinion.

His opinions aren't even frequently bad enough to be noteworthy, which is refreshing.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Bill Snyder has bad opinions? Like about Werther's or what?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crotch Bat posted:

Bill Snyder has bad opinions? Like about Werther's or what?

Ell Roberson maybe sexually assaulted someone before a bowl game and Snyder let him play before he was cleared by the DA (I have no clue how shady or not shady this whole thing was). Then he wrote some open letter to KSU fans about how young people shouldn't be having sex in his opinion or this never would have been a problem.

Also he thinks every college football game should be played at noon on Saturday. And he hates the media in general.

He's just an old dude with old dude opinions really.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Limas Sweed just popped up as online on my Facebook messenger, reminding me that Facebook was a weird place a decade ago.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

A, um, succinct timeline of the Baylor stuff is given here:
http://www.kxxv.com/story/35451084/new-lawsuit-says-former-baylor-student-athlete-was-gang-raped-by-multiple-football-players

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

"succinct"

Good gods thats horrifying.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

By golly, boys will be boys I guess! Nope, don't see anything here having to do with the football program, and does not merit any special concern from the NCAA or Big 12. This is regular news, not football news. Why are you posting regular news in a football thread?

Mr. World
May 6, 2007
Working undercover for the man . . .

Just as a reminder, this is the same university also tried covered up a murder of one of their basketball players with Bliss claiming he brought it upon himself by dealing drugs. They also blackballed the assistant coach who brought it to light. Dave Bliss still coaches basketball while he's an insurance adjuster.

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug

Mr. World posted:

Just as a reminder, this is the same university also tried covered up a murder of one of their basketball players with Bliss claiming he brought it upon himself by dealing drugs. They also blackballed the assistant coach who brought it to light. Dave Bliss still coaches basketball while he's an insurance adjuster.

He was actually fired/resigned from his current HC gig a few months back, thanks to a documentary an acquaintance produced about the killings.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. World posted:

Dave Bliss still coaches basketball while he's an insurance adjuster.

And he doubled down on the bullshit drug story earlier this year. His show cause was up, he was coaching some NAIA school, all he had to do was say he did something really dumb and apologize--or hell just refuse to do the documentary. Instead he made the same drug claims again that every investigation (both by law enforcement and the NCAA) has found to be completely untrue.

He had to resign that NAIA job and he'll probably go back to coaching high school somewhere. Dave Bliss is a special kind of stupid.

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 19:28 on May 18, 2017

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBS has maintained the rights to the Army/Navy game through 2028

and gently caress baylor

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

DJExile posted:

if you can't get hype for maction what can you get hype for

Sadly the conference got really really bad pretty much the second they labeled it and started trying to hype it up as this awesome fun thing. Now it's good pretty much solely as football methodone while you wait for Friday.

Midweek CUSA shootouts on CBS Sportsnet are the new hotness

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

The Feds tried that once

It did not work

Not to go too far off the sovcit rails, but the fires weren't at all set by the feds. The davidians rigged the place to blow and locked people inside. Koresh was a sick motherfucker.

Edit: Ruby Ridge was 100% fed fuckup. Waco was on the loonies in charge.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
USC has sold the naming rights for Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum to United Airlines. New name TBA.

lol nice timing

Raku
Nov 7, 2012

Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.

Roll Tide
I am 100% down for PIggly Wiggly field at Bryant-Denny-Saban stadium

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Just read about Baylor and :stonk:

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

United Airlines Coliseum - We Beat Them On The Field And Off Of It

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/865548059937198080

https://twitter.com/AnwarRichardson/status/865548884692541442

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Uhmmmmmm, yeah sure why not? It'd be nice to have a good backup and redshirt Ehlinger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I remember Malik Zaire clowning Texas when they went to Notre Dame. Hell yeah I want him.

Why exactly is he transferring again?

• Locked thread