Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Remember: Never share meow arrows and make sure they're safely discarded after use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
You have to admire Green Arrow's commitment to his shtick.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Every time people are like "who would win in a fight between Hawkeye and Green Arrow" I just post that panel of the nuclear bomb arrow.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Lurdiak posted:

Every time people are like "who would win in a fight between Hawkeye and Green Arrow" I just post that panel of the nuclear bomb arrow.

Does it count as a win if you die doing it?

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend

ImpAtom posted:

Pyrrhic victory is still a victory.

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Lurdiak posted:

I mean, obviously Batman wins that fight.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
There's no evidence Hawkeye does not have his own ANTI-Nuclear Bomb Arrow.

Although Queen could have an ANTI-ANTI-Nuclear Bomb Arrow. Hmmm....

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 20:25 on May 17, 2017

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lol if u think green arrow doesn't have a hazmat suit arrow that protects him

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

ImpAtom posted:

Very much so. Atom and Green Arrow killed Darkseid so, so it must do. Shot an arrow at him, Atom went, well, atom-sized and got into his head and blasted his brain directly.

This was a dark alternate future. I think the book's called 'Rock of Ages'?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

What do you guys think of Firestorm so far? I think he's pretty bad but idk. They said he's a zoner but he has no way of applying full screen ship pressure (Fate and Deadshot both do), and even though his damage output is good, his strings and normals are mostly bad. I don't get what he's supposed to do.

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Can anyone recommend some basic tutorial-type videos on MK/Injustice games specifically? I have watched the eternally-recommended vids for fighting games in general, but I want to improve and this kind of game is totally alien to me.

e: Like I don't even know when to make the basic rear end decision of "what punch should I use next"

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

big cummers ONLY posted:

Can anyone recommend some basic tutorial-type videos on MK/Injustice games specifically? I have watched the eternally-recommended vids for fighting games in general, but I want to improve and this kind of game is totally alien to me.

e: Like I don't even know when to make the basic rear end decision of "what punch should I use next"

Every character has a tailored tutorial you can access under the practice menu that teaches you their moves and some basic combos. You even get a loot box reward for completing it.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

fadam posted:

What do you guys think of Firestorm so far? I think he's pretty bad but idk. They said he's a zoner but he has no way of applying full screen ship pressure (Fate and Deadshot both do), and even though his damage output is good, his strings and normals are mostly bad. I don't get what he's supposed to do.

I thought the same thing. Firestorm gets regen/powerup from his trait and his burst move is cool, but Doctor Fate seems to do basically everything Firestorm can do and more. Deadshot is straight up zoning and has trick shots to apply pressure from angles, lows, and anti-air but Firestorm is kind of lame. I can't think of any reasons to use him over Fate, Cold, and Deadshot if you want to do traps and projectile gameplay.

uXs
May 3, 2005

Mark it zero!
Do I need to get a new stick for this game? Or will my old TE still work? It wasn't supposed to work on PS4 but through some wizardry still worked with Skullgirls and the last MK.

If new stick: suggestions on which one? The FG thread still recommends Mad Catz which seems rather out of date now.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I honestly think this game plays worse on a stick than on a pad, but ymmv. It has legacy support so any PS3 stick should work.

fadam fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 17, 2017

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Here are some of my favorite recommendations

(Don't use a stick)

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I am playing IJ2 on stick and it plays great. It's clearly made for pad though and there is literally no disadvantage to playing pad.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

big cummers ONLY posted:

Its a little early for injustice2 tutorials to start coming out but how I usually solve the 'what punch should i use next' problem is by going into practice mode and trying out all of a character's basic combos. You can press triangle to tag them so they show up on the screen while you're playing.

I then pick 1 combo from each of these categories to really commit to memory and learn:
Starts fast
Mixes in low/overhead attacks
Has good range

Then start fighting! You'll really only ever learn what works and what doesn't by trying things out.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Welp watched a combo video for the Darkmeister and it's clear I've got my work cut out for me. I at least feel proud of myself for having already intuited most of the startups on my own.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Saint Freak posted:

Is Deadshot known for anything but jobbing?

Getting jiggy with it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Get me a Deadshot pack that makes him literally every Will Smith character besides Deadshot

Wild Wild West y'all

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Gavok posted:

Getting jiggy with it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

lol @ Captain Cold telling Ivy to put a tarp over her children

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

Jimmy Hats posted:

I then pick 1 combo from each of these categories to really commit to memory and learn:
Starts fast
Has good range

Trying this and having a lot of fun with Supergirl, thanks.

How about good streamers instead of tutorial videos? The less racist/sexist/homophobic the better. "Most viewed" on twitch seems to attract that

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Spoiler question

I heard this does not follow the continuity to tie in comics establish and Green Arrow/Black Canary and a few vs dialog are the only connections, is that true?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Jimmy Hats posted:

Its a little early for injustice2 tutorials to start coming out but how I usually solve the 'what punch should i use next' problem is by going into practice mode and trying out all of a character's basic combos. You can press triangle to tag them so they show up on the screen while you're playing.

Starts fast
Has good range

Then start fighting! You'll really only ever learn what works and what doesn't by trying things out.

To extend this a little bit if you wanna have a little more depth:
- Try to have a normal or combo string that starts with a mid at the ready at all times. Lows and overheads are good to have but can be blocked/jumped by smarter players and are often punishable! Consider it your move to keep the opponent in check. Mix it up!
- When looking at a combo, pay attention to the number under 'Block Adv'. That is your 'block advantage.' the higher the better. Super negative is real bad. In MKX if that number was worse than -5 (i think??) you could be punished if the combo didn't push the opponent far enough away. It's probably around the same here. This rule doesn't factor in cancelling the combo into a special move, so experiment with what pushes people away or leaves you close and in positive 'Block Adv'.

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Spoiler question

I heard this does not follow the continuity to tie in comics establish and Green Arrow/Black Canary and a few vs dialog are the only connections, is that true?

So far it appears to be following beyond starfire being noted as dead by cyborg when in the comics she was clearly alive with him at the funeral. Also the timing of damien's betrayal. But I'm near the end of the game, so I can't say that conclusively.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Spoiler question

It only fleetingly comes up. The whole Arkham thing was significantly retconned.

Edit: Is there a lobby/exhibition system in this game? I haven't really done the online yet so I'm not knowledgeable.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 22:15 on May 17, 2017

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

HebrewMagic posted:

Made a guild for Xbox players, Goonrilla Grodd. ID is 02FRM.
Hit me with a monkey joke or stair reference in the request.

ID doesn't work :/

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

FunkMonkey posted:

It only fleetingly comes up. The whole Arkham thing was significantly retconned.

Edit: Is there a lobby/exhibition system in this game? I haven't really done the online yet so I'm not knowledgeable.

I still do not get the entire point of that scene, other than characterizing Damian as That Teenager Who Thinks Batman is Lame Because "He Should Just Kill The Bad Guys, Man".

Which I guess works in a Superboy Prime way, but they don't do anything with him.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

FunkMonkey posted:

Yeah there's king of the hill where you and however many other people in the lobby play and winner stays on

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

This is such a dumb, fun game. I'm glad I stayed away from most of the pre-fight dialogue videos.

Cheetah v Catwoman

Cheetah: "Mine are real."
Catwoman: "I hope we're talking about claws."
Cheetah: "...and they are SPECTACULAR."

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FunkMonkey posted:

Damian going gently caress YOU BAT DAD at the point the game posits makes it seem like he just killed Dick and everything was just hunky-dory between him and BatDad.

Speaking of which, is that Tim Drake in Cyborg's Arcade ending?

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

What character is best suited for an Alfred premium skin?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sinners Sandwich posted:

What character is best suited for an Alfred premium skin?

Darkseid.

Replace Omega Beams with a shotgun as needed.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Jmcrofts posted:

Yeah there's king of the hill where you and however many other people in the lobby play and winner stays on

That's cool, I wouldn't mind setting one of those up for the guild at some point. Especially if you can spectate I think it could be a good learning opportunity.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

FunkMonkey posted:

I wonder if the Arkham thing was some kind of miscommunication, it seems strange that they'd go out of their way to pick Zsasz to be the one Damien kills when he has such a notable, if small role in the comic. And thy clearly went out of their way to conform to the comic otherwise, there's non-contradictory references to those events throughout the story/fight intros/etc.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

McSpanky posted:

I wonder if the Arkham thing was some kind of miscommunication, it seems strange that they'd go out of their way to pick Zsasz to be the one Damien kills when he has such a notable, if small role in the comic. And thy clearly went out of their way to conform to the comic otherwise, there's non-contradictory references to those events throughout the story.

They probably didn't want to confuse/alienate people who never read the comics with a whole bunch of referenced events the first game never covered.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It isn't that uncommon; Arkham Knight completely ignored its own mini series of comics. :v:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Darksied is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

FunkMonkey posted:

They probably didn't want to confuse/alienate people who never read the comics with a whole bunch of referenced events the first game never covered.

I feel like having Green Arow From A Third Alternate Dimension show up and never really explain anything but vague references to being from a third alternate dimension is probably more confusing than that would be.

• Locked thread