Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.

Bundt Cake posted:

i dont want to see yoel cuz hes a cheat

what about as a stand up comic? He's got a funny voice and he's got jokes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Jota posted:

He is. He is also tough as poo poo.

for sure

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

Bubba Smith posted:

what about as a stand up comic? He's got a funny voice and he's got jokes

rogan should tell him he lacks talent and give him a job on joe rogan podcast network

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Skip My Posts posted:

https://streamable.com/zpjv6

drat, eddie has a pretty unique stagger when he gets cracked

muscle memory baby

The Duck of Death
Nov 19, 2009

Mr. Nice! posted:

I don't think Lewis has the striking discipline to handle Hunt. He could very well be just another walk off KO.

Lewis's takedowns aren't great but he might have the most devastating ground and pound in the sport currently. If he ends up on top of anyone, the fight is over. Hunt can definitely knock him out if it stays standing.

Then again, Stipe is right up there in terms of brutal GnP and it took him five rounds (really three) to finish Hunt.

The Duck of Death fucked around with this message at 18:36 on May 17, 2017

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

In retrospect I can't believe Hunt lasted til round 5 against Stipe, because nobody else has made it out of the first since then.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

The Duck of Death posted:

Lewis's takedowns aren't great but he might have the most devastating ground and pound in the sport currently. If he ends up on top of anyone, the fight is over. Hunt can definitely knock him out if it stays standing.

Then again, Stipe is right up there in terms of brutal GnP and it took him five rounds (really three) to finish Hunt.

Hunt's takedown defense is much better than it used to be and I can't see Lewis relying on a wrestling heavy gameplan anyways. Black Beast about to be up in that ho(spital).

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.

big money big clit posted:

In retrospect I can't believe Hunt lasted til round 5 against Stipe, because nobody else has made it out of the first since then.

I must've blocked that fight out of my memory because for some reason I thought it got stopped by round 2 or 3.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Stipe was also really noncommittal with his gnp in that fight. He favored staying busy and landing numerous, small punches while maintaining control. I don't think Lewis will be as conservative.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
Frank mir also has a signature wobble whenever he gets hit

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

oh, God drat it

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/864959518874230784

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I think of Hunt weathering Stipe for five rounds was less about survival and more about that referee wanting to peel years off Hunt's life.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene

frankie edgar, step right up.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
Dom finally passed on his curse, good for him.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Finally caught up, seems like I missed a solid card.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

It's like in It Follows, Dom tricked Cody into taking his loads and now Cody is being stalked by an inexorable force that will destroy his bones and joints.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

That Cody fight is off for sure.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

JaySB posted:

That Cody fight is off for sure.

If it leads to tj Mighty Mouse I'm good with it

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
Has MM said anything about being willing to do something like that? He doesnt seem like hed be into it

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mm said he would rather fight a guy from his division who "earned it" or something. since tj doesnt have the belt he isnt that interested. bullshit mang

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Skip My Posts posted:

mm said he would rather fight a guy from his division who "earned it" or something. since tj doesnt have the belt he isnt that interested. bullshit mang

Yeah that sounds more like him

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
tj's response was respectful just saying hey man you said you want big fights with dudes who are gonna help you make more dough and this is a good chance at that

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Skip My Posts posted:

tj's response was respectful just saying hey man you said you want big fights with dudes who are gonna help you make more dough and this is a good chance at that

is tj actually that person though or just a dude that mm hasn't beaten yet

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Skip My Posts posted:

Mighty Mouse, you've emphatically hosed up your entire division and you recently fought a tuf winner. God drat it.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

SquirrelGrip posted:

is tj actually that person though or just a dude that mm hasn't beaten yet

I think it's a big step in that direction at the very least. It's a sick fight too

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

https://twitter.com/FullContactMTWF/status/865001455769403394

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Owned

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
mighty mouse needs to take the fight with tj, it would be so fuckin good and way bigger than any rematch or match up with a no name on a 2 fight win streak from flyweight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

mighty mouse needs to take the fight with tj, it would be so fuckin good and way bigger than any rematch or match up with a no name on a 2 fight win streak from flyweight

Agreed, and I can't really see why he's not keen. Unless he's after a soft touch for his record breaking win. Tj said he'd cut to flyweight right? And his assuncao win is more legit than anyone's flyweight win recently, including mm last half dozen defences

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Yeah tj said he could cut down and I believe he's not that much bigger than mm

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

by Reene
Ahh fuuck, I assumed that if MM was turning it down it would be because he was going up. If TJ's willing to cut 10 extra pounds on two months notice let's get that poo poo happening.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tj and MM are friends. They talk about gaming and flipping houses on Twitch. P. chill if you ask me

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"
Cody's got his team shoving condoms up their noses on TUF

Just fyi

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

"i don't care which hole or what's in it but either you choose or i do"

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Maybe the UFC low balled MM on the fight offer?

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Trast posted:

thats preposterous

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Trast posted:

why would they offer him less than his standard fee for defending his belt at 125 against a legitimate contender?

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
Am I correct in reading that Cody Garbrandt brought in an expert in "releasing facials" for hte latest TUF episode?

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
that balloon in the nostril stuff is bullshit right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Skip My Posts posted:

that balloon in the nostril stuff is bullshit right?

the fact that you even have to question it speaks volumes.

Fat Twitter Man posted:

Am I correct in reading that Cody Garbrandt brought in an expert in "releasing facials" for hte latest TUF episode?

i thought i'd get tired of cody's gayisms but i'm still lolling somehow.

• Locked thread