Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
Seriously, why are there 3 Type-0 banners. Does anyone actually like this game?

At least it'll finally be over after this. I'm giving this entire banner a pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have almost all of the type zero units because something is wrong with my brain and i really enjoy the king mog events. i tell myself, this is the last time, i wont be suckered into literally all of the type zero banners. but the flesh is weak

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Mischalaniouse posted:

Seriously, why are there 3 Type-0 banners. Does anyone actually like this game?

At least it'll finally be over after this. I'm giving this entire banner a pass.

No matter how lovely the banner I always need awakening mats and moogles if nothing else.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I'll grind out the necessary stuff out the hard way, with no bonus units and a little help from my goons.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

Mischalaniouse posted:

I'll grind out the necessary stuff out the hard way, with no bonus units and a little help from my goons.

:same:

Get the Tix and Quartz, maybe some Mats or Cacti but thats it I guess.

Mad Fnorder
Apr 22, 2008
Sell all Draco Spike Moogles, immediately pull Zyrus on the daily. Sell all Crimson Blood Moogles, immediately pull Reberta. Weeeelp.

Killing Vector
May 3, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

Burned 6 tickets, got Zyrus. :toot:

Also finished my Firion TM though I doubt I'll make much use of it. If nothing else, this event will give me up to 6 Gungnirs (since I only have 6 Kains atm) which will ensure any spear-wielders I have will never lack a decent weapon I guess.

I finally got around to doing the Dark Espers trial today and wound up using Firion's TM to let Xon equip Demon Mail (for the dark resist). BTW, not that it probably matters for anyone here, but Xon is hilariously good for that trial, what with all the self-buffing they do.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I just wish previous type-0 units would still give a bonus, but that means nobody would pull on the new banner and Gumi wouldn't get any money from those that have to chase every 5* unit in the game :v:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Free rainbow, and it's Aileen. loving A, of course when I decide to switch to a mage team I get a attack powerhouse like her

I NEED the WoL and Tilith 6*s. It's the only way I can make my team work now

Cao Ni Ma fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 17, 2017

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

I got a Clyne. I love you too game.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Free pull: Locke #2

Random ticket pull on dragoon banner: yellow!!!

Rosa

Wtf

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

If you care about King Mog events, then Type 0 part 3 is worth a half pull each day, but save your tickets. If you snag Rem, hooray, but she's not worth whaling for. She's a healer/mage but Yshtola does that so much better. Her piece de resistance is her 3 turn autorevive to 80% which can and should be used to break fights. Otherwise she requires daggers to be useful and there are no mage daggers for a while. Rikku is a base four coming out soon and she will have an AOE autorevive, so just wait for her.

Also, King sucks and Sice sucks.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cartoon Man posted:

If you care about King Mog events, then Type 0 part 3 is worth a half pull each day, but save your tickets. If you snag Rem, hooray, but she's not worth whaling for. She's a healer/mage but Yshtola does that so much better. Her piece de resistance is her 3 turn autorevive to 80% which can and should be used to break fights. Otherwise she requires daggers to be useful and there are no mage daggers for a while. Rikku is a base four coming out soon and she will have an AOE autorevive, so just wait for her.

Also, King sucks and Sice sucks.

You'll want King for his TM because it stacks with Auto refresh and Vestment(15% mana regen a turn) which will easily cover your healer in terms of never needing mana during a fight.

It's funny after I saw they gave him "Dual Wield: Guns" I thought he might be a lot better but his kit is so lovely.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Killing Vector posted:

I finally got around to doing the Dark Espers trial today and wound up using Firion's TM to let Xon equip Demon Mail (for the dark resist). BTW, not that it probably matters for anyone here, but Xon is hilariously good for that trial, what with all the self-buffing they do.

It would be nice to have a Xon or be able to beat those Dark Espers.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Eh, I'm getting the low priced 6* mats, maybe the MAG dagger (if it isn't ridiculously priced), moogles and the summon tickets and just go back to TMR. No half pulls, no ticket pulls, and a slow burn for the mats.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Knowing Gumi we are going to get 2-3 more banners till we get the FFX one. FFBE anniversary, FF anniversary (Will probably incorporate WoL and Garlands 6*?), Brave Frontier Pt2, Global summer event

I loving hate phantoma/fish events. They need to take an axe to cost of items because even with a full team of junk banner units you are still struggling to get most of the goodies.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Equip H Armor (with Demon Mail) can combo with Dark Knight's Soul decently enough for some ATK-based units. Maybe not as good as some other forced combos, but sometimes you gotta take what you can get.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Im thinking of grinding out a dark knight souls to use with my Eileen but I dont know if its worth it over a using an excalibur given the prevalence of Orlandus. Also having to TM farm delita as well is very :effort:

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Cartoon Man posted:

She's a healer/mage but Yshtola does that so much better

Yes, but we can't get Yshtola anymore right? Granted, it's probably still better to wait for Rikku but still.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Three Zyruses, still no Firions. Hell not even a Kain. Game please give me some Firion love :smith:

Also gently caress type zero events

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
20k coins worth of summons, and 3 whole Draco Spike moogles. Drowning in Crimson Blood moogles.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

20k coins worth of summons, and 3 whole Draco Spike moogles. Drowning in Crimson Blood moogles.

I got 7 from 80k worth of coins.

Got 48(!!!!) Crimson Blood moogles though. :shepface:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Evil Fluffy posted:

I got 7 from 80k worth of coins.

Got 48(!!!!) Crimson Blood moogles though. :shepface:

I know they do this to get people to whale on the 5* unit for the free TMR, but I really wish they'd balance them out a little better. Almost have my 3rd gungnir, my 2nd h armor is about 50% complete, but my first draco spike is only 40% done, and I've sold probably about 50 Crimson Blood moogles.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Omg gold from the daily!

Agrias. :(

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Omg gold from the daily!

Agrias. :(

Fourth Refia

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Palleon posted:

Fourth Refia

Ugh, I have a similar problem . Ref-dawg, I love you, but you have attachment issues.

Ratmtattat
Mar 10, 2004
the hairdryer

Feel free to laugh at me, I just got another two off banner golds, Nine #5 and Mercedes #6. And then I pulled a Penelo.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
I wish I'd saved my extra Refias, would have saved me a lot of time grinding her TM.

Just finished my second Dracospike, working on my 2nd Gungnir still, got 2 Equip H armor and trashed the rest of the moogles.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Daily pull gave me a dragon girl, my 4th real rainbow!

My haul from this banner/event has gotten sweet. A Reberta, 2 Zyrus, all their TMRs, at least two Equip Heavy Armor TMRs, and a pile of Gungirs.

I'll have to figure out how to gear her, and if she's a better friend unit than Gilgamesh.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

jetz0r posted:

Daily pull gave me a dragon girl, my 4th real rainbow!

My haul from this banner/event has gotten sweet. A Reberta, 2 Zyrus, all their TMRs, at least two Equip Heavy Armor TMRs, and a pile of Gungirs.

I'll have to figure out how to gear her, and if she's a better friend unit than Gilgamesh.

Optimal gearing is if you have Leon's TM and can give her Delita's sword, and of course a Genji Glove. Just read the ATK 30%s as Quick Assault, I was too lazy to scroll down and select it.

Reberta 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Crimson Blood +128ATK+Dragon Killer
Left Hand: Moon Blade +118ATK+Dark Element
Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 2: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword+20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 5407 MP: 242 ATK: 986 DEF: 288 MAG: 178 SPR: 159

Phantasmal Blade instead of Moonblade drops her to 946 ATK.

Using Gungnir, Monster Breastplate and another attack 30% instead of Dark Knight's Soul gets her to 923 attack.

Once Spear Mastery arrives she'll get 38~ ATK more.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

PaybackJack posted:

Optimal gearing is if you have Leon's TM and can give her Delita's sword, and of course a Genji Glove. Just read the ATK 30%s as Quick Assault, I was too lazy to scroll down and select it.

Reberta 6 Star
FFBEDB Unit Calculator
Right Hand: Crimson Blood +128ATK+Dragon Killer
Left Hand: Moon Blade +118ATK+Dark Element
Head: Imperial Helm +18ATK+15DEF+15%Fire
Body: Demon Mail +10ATK+55DEF+20%Dark
Accessory 1: Genji Glove +10%ATK/MAG & Dual Wield
Accessory 2: Bracer +30ATK+15%HP
Ability 1: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 2: Dark Knight's Soul +30%ATKw/Sword+20%ATKw/HeavyArmor
Ability 3: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Ability 4: ATK +30% +30% ATK
Pot Stats: HP: 390 MP: 65 ATK: 34 DEF: 26 MAG: 26 SPR: 26
Esper: Odin HP:5450 MP:3955 ATK:6250 DEF:4310 MAG:2075 SPR:2270
Total Stats: HP: 5407 MP: 242 ATK: 986 DEF: 288 MAG: 178 SPR: 159

Phantasmal Blade instead of Moonblade drops her to 946 ATK.

Using Gungnir, Monster Breastplate and another attack 30% instead of Dark Knight's Soul gets her to 923 attack.

Once Spear Mastery arrives she'll get 38~ ATK more.

I have Randi's sword instead of Delita's, but was already TMRing most of that up for Gilgamesh. Equipping her AND greg isn't awful, since greg uses a different weapon set and mastery materias. Will have to TMR shines 2-6 at some point, though.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I've gotten four loving Hopes from doing the free pull and the half off pull. Today was another gold and my fourth Agrias. The dragon wizard would be neat but apparently the game wants me to use some awful mage with a thrown caster weapon???

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

hopes aeroga awakening will be pretty good with shantotto someday at least :unsmith:

fullTimeLurker
Nov 10, 2010

So my inventory filled up earlier, so I had to go and see what was taking up so much space. Turns out I have over 300k raid coins and I don't want to spend them because I know I'll get a million trust moogles that I won't be able to throw away, since the second I do I"ll pull a banner unit.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

fullTimeLurker posted:

So my inventory filled up earlier, so I had to go and see what was taking up so much space. Turns out I have over 300k raid coins and I don't want to spend them because I know I'll get a million trust moogles that I won't be able to throw away, since the second I do I"ll pull a banner unit.

Trick the system by throwing away one of the TM moogles for the unit you want. Results guaranteed to disappoint

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

you can easily throw away the base 5* moogles as i find it unlikely you'll pull 4+ of them and miss out on those six hundred moogles

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less
No one has mentioned that the Echidna trial has Evade clothes. All I can say is....

yesssssssss.........................

also gently caress you Dracu Laswell I won in the end... I guess?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
99.6% on my first real dual wield. So very close.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Got 2 free tickets from event today, decided to try on the dragon banner.

Gilbert

Who the gently caress is this?

Sozhe...I ignored last banner so I don't about this guy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Dana Crysalis posted:

No one has mentioned that the Echidna trial has Evade clothes. All I can say is....

yesssssssss.........................

also gently caress you Dracu Laswell I won in the end... I guess?

I thought that outfit enabled the Evade active skill, not that it gave some passive evade rate?

• Locked thread