Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I'll check everything in the xb1 guild tonight folks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'll probably read injustice 2 soon. I really loved the first series. Wish I could play as middle finger Plastic Man

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
I made a second PS4 guild.
Come join Goon Patrol.
WCDJA

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I was one of those big babies crying about Deathstroke in the first game, but I have no problem going up against Deadshot. I think Erron Black taught me how to handle zoners in NRS games.

Its mad hosed up that Fate's pain field can still damage you after you hit him into a stage transition, though.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Doctor_Acula posted:

Come join Goon Patrol.
WCDJA

Joined as Halgreth.

Ajax
Mar 16, 2004

Aunt Petunia's Girdle!
What's happening?

Doctor_Acula posted:

Come join Goon Patrol.
WCDJA

Also joined up

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Crowetron posted:

Its mad hosed up that Fate's pain field can still damage you after you hit him into a stage transition, though.

I wonder if you're both at sufficiently low health that you hit Fate into a transition that will kill him during the animation while you also take fatal field damage during the same period, who takes the kill.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Green Lantern seems basic, but pretty good. Low damage output but he has a lot of tools and can build meter really fast.

Saint Walker shader please.

fadam fucked around with this message at 00:32 on May 18, 2017

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood

Saint Freak posted:

Here are some of my favorite recommendations

(Don't use a stick)

I didn't come in this thread to post but I just wanted to mention that i hate taylor swift and I'm upset that those exist.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
So it looks like we get bonuses in the guild multiverse if we have a bunch of dudes in it at the same time. We should think about setting up a time once/week where we all flood in and just pound poo poo out??

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

SectumSempra posted:

I didn't come in this thread to post but I just wanted to mention that i hate taylor swift and I'm upset that those exist.

Haters gonna hate, hate, hate, hate, hate.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Jimmy Hats posted:

So it looks like we get bonuses in the guild multiverse if we have a bunch of dudes in it at the same time. We should think about setting up a time once/week where we all flood in and just pound poo poo out??

Makes sense to me. Wrist injury flared up today, incidentally, so not sure I can do much online until it heals. Sorry guy. Definitely want to get into it ASAP.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
Wow, gently caress that Sacrifice guild mission. What character are you guys using to clear it?

Also:

Bane: You're weapon is INADEQUATE.

Green Arrow: Dinah seems to think it's fine!

Bane: It is a LIE she tells herself.

BANE.... loving CHILL. :stonk:

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Protip: Get Blue Beetle a better helmet so he doesn't look like a burn victim. Total game-changer.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor_Acula posted:

Come join Goon Patrol.
WCDJA

Tried to join as YureiKuma.

So far I'm enjoying the game, although still working my way through tutorials

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Grey Fox posted:

Protip: Get Blue Beetle a better helmet so he doesn't look like a burn victim. Total game-changer.

Where the gently caress is the Ted Kord mask...

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Grey Fox posted:

This is such a dumb, fun game. I'm glad I stayed away from most of the pre-fight dialogue videos.

Cheetah v Catwoman

Cheetah: "Mine are real."
Catwoman: "I hope we're talking about claws."
Cheetah: "...and they are SPECTACULAR."

Harley v. Atrocitus

Harley: You'd make a great plushie!
Atrocitus: WHAT IS A PLUSHIE?!

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Servers down?

EDIT: NLBC is streaming Injustice 2 this week https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

fadam fucked around with this message at 01:32 on May 18, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

fadam posted:

Servers down?

So it seems. Did 100% story so tomorrow I think I'll be setting up a room for us to play in if enough people are interested.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
The Scarecrow fear toxin mechanic is kind of fun. Also I got a rad Epic plague mask for him. Demon shader and he looks badass

zelah
Dec 1, 2004

Diabetes, you are not invited to my pizza party.

SectumSempra posted:

I mean Razer makes these Taylor Swift sticks

🐍🐍🐍

Anyway I'm bummed that Batgirl isn't in this time.

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Doctor_Acula posted:

Come join Goon Patrol.
WCDJA

Joined as ZyeoSeroX

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So I started one of those guild multiverse towers today, but I for got it was food shopping day, put the ps4 to rest for several hours and then finished it when I got home. - These things award the guild points/exp right? and if so does it matter that I spent several hours away from the game before completing? I'm mostly just trying to view all of the character endings still but figured I should do one guild thing at least.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

FunkMonkey posted:

So it seems. Did 100% story so tomorrow I think I'll be setting up a room for us to play in if enough people are interested.

That include going back and doing all the fights and choosing the opposite character that you chose on the first play through to get the second ending? I thought that was kinda tedious, but meh might as well see both endings.

(Ekk meant to edit: oh well two posts in a row.)

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Is there a way to quickly open a bunch of boxes at once that I'm missing?

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I'm not at all familiar with the character, but based purely on his showing in this game, Dr. Fate seems like kind of a dweeb who gets owned a lot. I'm going to assume this is accurate, as I didn't know poo poo about Black Adam before Injustice 1 taught me that he was a nigh invincible jerk who liked to punch very much, and that seems to be canon.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Saint Freak posted:

Here are some of my favorite recommendations

(Don't use a stick)

I want/need dis

mystic pimp
Jul 25, 2014

Formerly-rampant human-coded AI with a sense of humor seeks bipedal oxygen-breathing cyborg for serious relationship in the galactic core. I've got cool guns if you like to break stuff. No yuppies.

Doctor_Acula posted:

Come join Goon Patrol.
WCDJA
joined as wireframe_casket.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crowetron posted:

I'm not at all familiar with the character, but based purely on his showing in this game, Dr. Fate seems like kind of a dweeb who gets owned a lot. I'm going to assume this is accurate, as I didn't know poo poo about Black Adam before Injustice 1 taught me that he was a nigh invincible jerk who liked to punch very much, and that seems to be canon.

Dr. Fate is basically the same as Dr. Strange: He's the super powerful magician who is so powerful he primarily exists to job.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Like all of Marvel's DC counter parts, he's like Doctor Strange if Doctor Strange was cool :smug:

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

So, a big dweeb who gets owned a lot. Got it.

Is there really no way to rewatch an arcade ending once you get it? It's not really an issue in the age of Youtube, but it's a weird omission.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Spoilers for the story. The ending specifically. And thoughts about where the series goes from here.

I'm both surprised and kind of relieved that they didn't end up going for a Superman redemption/sacrifice thing in this game. He's too far gone, they let him remain too far gone, and in the end he either gets his comeuppance orrrr goes completely mad with power and presumably will be taking over the entire universe with mind-controlled kryptonian armies.

The obvious direction to go would have been Superman sacrificing himself to stop Brainiac, and everyone else mending things once Supes is dead with Supergirl basically taking his place as the Justice League returns and the world is free again. Which would have not been terribly satisfying, but was what I 100% expected going into this and I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm really curious where they'll go from here in the next Injustice, though. Maybe they'll abandon the 'Injustice' setting entirely and do a more 'normal' DC fighting game? Neither ending sets up particularly well for a sequel. Injustice 1 clearly left things open in a lot of ways for 2 to happen, but now it feels like the Evil Superman arc has reached it's conclusion and been explored about as thoroughly as it can be. Obviously he could come back from the Phantom Zone, or there could be some weird space-time rift where Brainiac Superman takes his mind-controlled Batdrone and invades the 'good' ending world but that seems awfully convoluted and you're still left with Superman not resembling classic Supes at all, which has been an important part of the marketing of both games so far.

They're clearly not just going to drop this series, it's doing incredibly well for NRS as a game and for DC as a comic. But how do you keep the story interesting without just repeating "superman comes back again and also there's another even bigger threat"? Darkseid being DLC for this one means he's probably not in the running for the next game's big villain (because this would make that reveal feel real weak), and the only thing I can think of is if they try to throw time travel into the mix and get characters like Batman Beyond or the Legion of Superheroes involved. Would let them bring back some dead characters too. But I don't know if that's a great angle for the story, as much as it could keep the roster fresh.

Alternately, the next game could be a new MK vs DC I guess.

There's just no obvious sequel tease from how either ending wraps up, I guess, which throws me off. NRS is all about those sequel teases.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
I was going to say maybe Wonder Woman can call upon the wisdom of Athena to figure out a way to get SM out of the phantom zone - but then I remember the injustice comics and what happened with the gods and figured that won't work. But then again she does call upon Athena using her character power in the game so - ummmmmm: I'm confused. So I guess it's up to Cyborg.

vvvv: I didn't say it was my preferred option. haha.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 02:42 on May 18, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

nunsexmonkrock posted:

I was going to say maybe Wonder Woman can call upon the wisdom of Athena to figure out a way to get SM out of the phantom zone - but then I remember the injustice comics and what happened with the gods and figured that won't work. But then again she does call upon Athena using her character power in the game so - ummmmmm: I'm confused. So I guess it's up to Cyborg.

gently caress cyborg

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My copy should arrive tomorrow, but I have a very important question: does Captain Cold have gear that gives him the old school hood and/or make him look like Wentworth Miller?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Kelp Plankton posted:

Spoilers for the story. The ending specifically. And thoughts about where the series goes from here.

I'm both surprised and kind of relieved that they didn't end up going for a Superman redemption/sacrifice thing in this game. He's too far gone, they let him remain too far gone, and in the end he either gets his comeuppance orrrr goes completely mad with power and presumably will be taking over the entire universe with mind-controlled kryptonian armies.

The obvious direction to go would have been Superman sacrificing himself to stop Brainiac, and everyone else mending things once Supes is dead with Supergirl basically taking his place as the Justice League returns and the world is free again. Which would have not been terribly satisfying, but was what I 100% expected going into this and I'm glad I was wrong.

I'm really curious where they'll go from here in the next Injustice, though. Maybe they'll abandon the 'Injustice' setting entirely and do a more 'normal' DC fighting game? Neither ending sets up particularly well for a sequel. Injustice 1 clearly left things open in a lot of ways for 2 to happen, but now it feels like the Evil Superman arc has reached it's conclusion and been explored about as thoroughly as it can be. Obviously he could come back from the Phantom Zone, or there could be some weird space-time rift where Brainiac Superman takes his mind-controlled Batdrone and invades the 'good' ending world but that seems awfully convoluted and you're still left with Superman not resembling classic Supes at all, which has been an important part of the marketing of both games so far.

They're clearly not just going to drop this series, it's doing incredibly well for NRS as a game and for DC as a comic. But how do you keep the story interesting without just repeating "superman comes back again and also there's another even bigger threat"? Darkseid being DLC for this one means he's probably not in the running for the next game's big villain (because this would make that reveal feel real weak), and the only thing I can think of is if they try to throw time travel into the mix and get characters like Batman Beyond or the Legion of Superheroes involved. Would let them bring back some dead characters too. But I don't know if that's a great angle for the story, as much as it could keep the roster fresh.

Alternately, the next game could be a new MK vs DC I guess.

There's just no obvious sequel tease from how either ending wraps up, I guess, which throws me off. NRS is all about those sequel teases.

Next game is Amalgam comics. U heard it here first.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Who's dick do I gotta suck for playable Spider Jerusalem

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
You can put Scarecrow in a fedora and jorts.

This is truly horror.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

nunsexmonkrock posted:

So I started one of those guild multiverse towers today, but I for got it was food shopping day, put the ps4 to rest for several hours and then finished it when I got home. - These things award the guild points/exp right? and if so does it matter that I spent several hours away from the game before completing? I'm mostly just trying to view all of the character endings still but figured I should do one guild thing at least.

I don't think it matters, no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

HebrewMagic posted:

Who's dick do I gotta suck for playable Spider Jerusalem

Bowel disruption for everyone!

• Locked thread