Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

Fix posted:

Bowel disruption for everyone!

His tower ending could involve the filthy assistants and everything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
if you take a step forward and block, take a step forward and block, and keep doing this you lose much less health and the shooting mans will put himself in the corner for you

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

It took being called a friend of the family 6-7 times in the span of about 30 seconds to remind me to enable party chat only while playing fighting games online. Silly me.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

ImpAtom posted:

Dr. Fate is basically the same as Dr. Strange: He's the super powerful magician who is so powerful he primarily exists to job.

Mover posted:

Next game is Amalgam comics. U heard it here first.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I kind of want a Resurgence skin for fate that's just him in the hoodie and blue jeans.

Edit: holy moley I thought y'all were exaggerating over people not being able to handle zoners but this is just pathetic.

Buck Wildman fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 18, 2017

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
Ending thoughts: They might almost be better off going from Superman's ending than Batman's. That sets up a major threat from the jump and keeps Superman from being a cartoon villain who just keeps coming back.

What's going to be fun is when they start having to come up with obscure characters because Tom Taylor's already killed everyone else. I'm surprised we haven't seen Wildstorm characters before now; Grifter and Midnighter in particular are practically made for this kind of system, and Midnighter and Apollo would be useful inclusions in a game where Superman's evil and Batman's a mind-controlled drone.

HebrewMagic posted:

Who's dick do I gotta suck for playable Spider Jerusalem

Oh, it's not just one dick. It's that the first one is Warren Ellis's, and since his every cell is 90% whiskey, you'll be too drunk to notice what happens next.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Injustice 3 is just going to literally be Kingdom Come.

Ponytail Superman inbound.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

It would be kinda cool if they just put whatever characters in the game and did a bunch of small stories for the story mode next time. Just do like DC's Greatest Hits or some poo poo, like Kingdom Come, whichever Crises you want to put in, Blackest Night, whatever.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Where the gently caress is Booster Gold: Brave and the Bold: The Game?!?!?

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
One of Gorilla Grodd's abilities under trait makes him projectile immune.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Crowetron posted:

I'm not at all familiar with the character, but based purely on his showing in this game, Dr. Fate seems like kind of a dweeb who gets owned a lot. I'm going to assume this is accurate, as I didn't know poo poo about Black Adam before Injustice 1 taught me that he was a nigh invincible jerk who liked to punch very much, and that seems to be canon.
Here's Dr Fate getting owned by a talking chimp and his idiot friends

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I wanted to play the story first... but what is the fastest way to get to level 5 so I can join the guild? Is there a faster way?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Feenix posted:

I wanted to play the story first... but what is the fastest way to get to level 5 so I can join the guild? Is there a faster way?

Story will do it pretty quick, otherwise just go into multiverse and punch some dudes in the face

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Cheetah's trait turns any random bullshit you input into like 45%+ damage. That's pretty silly.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

Cheetah's trait turns any random bullshit you input into like 45%+ damage. That's pretty silly.

I still haven't figured out what most of the new characters traits do yet (still haven't figured Aquaman's since the last game since it seems the same - but I never play Aquaman so meh, doesn't matter to me.). I was playing one thing in multiverse where one of the effects was Zoom "something", everything was going so quick I just resorted to mashing buttons because I couldn't keep up with what was going on (The booze probably didn't help). So I was just mashing buttons all over the place - until I got to Darkseid and drat, it was omega beam every 1/4 of a second - took a while for me to button mash buttons through that.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 18, 2017

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Approved 3 goons to the guild - ID seems to be working fine, but to confirm it one more time, it's 02FRM, as in zero two

Maybe add the xb1 guild to the OP or something I dunno

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

That's how it goes, right?
Re: The Dr. Fate talk...

He's not that much of a dweeb... and when he's well written he's pretty awesome. The most interesting part of Fate isn't that he just Doc Strange (he's really not), it's that he's a magical version of The Hulk, kindasorta.

Nabu is... not a good entity, so the interplay (which we get a bit of here) between Nabu and whoever has the helmet (Original Kent, best Fate) is more interesting than just "look at me obliterate chaos with my magics!"

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
When does the Bad Mr Frosty Premium Skin for Swamp Thing come out??

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.
There's a hint in a certain intro that Wonder Woman's change is caused via the Anti-Life Equation. I think they might go with that, especially as Darkseid has no role at the minute.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bloodly posted:

There's a hint in a certain intro that Wonder Woman's change is caused via the Anti-Life Equation. I think they might go with that, especially as Darkseid has no role at the minute.

You mean the one where she calls her sword the Anti-Life Equation as a shot at The 'Seid?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Are they adding any story DLC?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

sicarius posted:

Re: The Dr. Fate talk...

He's not that much of a dweeb... and when he's well written he's pretty awesome. The most interesting part of Fate isn't that he just Doc Strange (he's really not), it's that he's a magical version of The Hulk, kindasorta.

Nabu is... not a good entity, so the interplay (which we get a bit of here) between Nabu and whoever has the helmet (Original Kent, best Fate) is more interesting than just "look at me obliterate chaos with my magics!"

yea Fate is way cooler than Strange just because Nabu is this raw primal force that does not give a single gently caress about small minded human issues like 'but no if we just let the aliens blow up earth all my friends and loved ones will die'. Strange is just a magic dude, that can be really cool, but Fate is a magic dude in a constant war with a much greater force every time he wants to be a magic dude.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Malcolm Excellent posted:

I wouldn't bet on it, I have never seen extra story in a NR game - at least the ones I played. But if you are near Chicago maybe walk in and ask I saw their giant sign when I was returning a modem to RCN the day I was moving back from Chicago to Philly.

vvvv: Agreed, it is possible but I doubt it.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 05:08 on May 18, 2017

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

They haven't hinted at it and they didn't do it for any of their other games so probably not.

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

sexpig by night posted:

yea Fate is way cooler than Strange just because Nabu is this raw primal force that does not give a single gently caress about small minded human issues like 'but no if we just let the aliens blow up earth all my friends and loved ones will die'. Strange is just a magic dude, that can be really cool, but Fate is a magic dude in a constant war with a much greater force every time he wants to be a magic dude.

Like most comic characters that have stood the test of time - 30+ years - I find them both interesting when they're well written and do more than just sling power around. Illuminati era Strange was amazing, and most of the stuff Strange does when he's not on Earth is better than when he simply outclasses all his foes.

When they're poorly written by bad/lazy writers, they're both lame. Fate becomes a dweeb with powerful artifact, Strange becomes "WHAT IF MAGICK WAS REAL !?" and... they both overcome their enemies at the last minute and return to status quo. When Strange was loving with the entire trajectory of global politics in the Illuminati or Fate is caught between the squabble of Order vs. Chaos and balnacing on the pin's head trying to keep the JSA from imploding, saving the Earth from threats unknown, and being a good dad... it's better.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

They never have before do I wouldn't expect it this time either.

All the DLC people should have their own arcade mode endings at least.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm watching the NLBC Tournament and Sonic Fox's Joker is nuuuuts.

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

long-rear end nips Diane posted:

I'm watching the NLBC Tournament and Sonic Fox's Joker is nuuuuts.

https://www.twitch.tv/teamsp00ky

What the poo poo!? Grodd can combo multiple jump-ins/crossups? Ugh.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

sicarius posted:

What the poo poo!? Grodd can combo multiple jump-ins/crossups? Ugh.

He's a fucker.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Harambe Infinites

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

I'm hoping that infinite wasn't on purpose... it doesn't look particularly challenging to execute or really intended. I don't think they wanted the crossup to combo.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Jmcrofts posted:

I turned off input shortcuts too and it greatly improved my input accuracy so I'd recommend that as well to peope having trouble

I always forget about these settings in modern NRS games and everytime I get frustrated at how poo poo the combos feel, thank gently caress for you reminding me of this. Much nicer now.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Lol, he has to save all his meter just to clash or jump out of that.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

I went through most of the individual character tutorials, and I think I just can't press buttons fast enough to do the combos the game wants me to do for some of these. The moves come out but the timing is too slow or something.

I don't know how to fix this. I'm doing it as fast as I can. Maybe..... I'm bad?????

sicarius
Dec 12, 2002

In brightest day,
In blackest night,
My smugface makes,
women wet....

Kelp Plankton posted:

I went through most of the individual character tutorials, and I think I just can't press buttons fast enough to do the combos the game wants me to do for some of these. The moves come out but the timing is too slow or something.

I don't know how to fix this. I'm doing it as fast as I can. Maybe..... I'm bad?????

Watch the demos. Some of them have a delay. Also, keep in mind that if you hammer them out, or are holding a direction when not needed it may gently caress poo poo up.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Funky Valentine posted:

Injustice 3 is just going to literally be Kingdom Come.

Ponytail Superman inbound.

Okay sign me up

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I only just learned the tutorials are character based and not generic like I expected. Well, I know what I'll do tomorrow.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If anyone doesn't know: completing a character tutorial gets you a free silver box for each one, and if you complete them all I think you get a platinum box

Free stuff

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hey guys this game is real good and I haven't touched online yet. Metaverse is addictive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Norns posted:

Hey guys this game is real good and I haven't touched online yet. Metaverse is addictive.

holy poo poo same I've played literally one online match because the daily quest today was 'HEY MAYBE LOOK AT MULTIPLAYER?'

This is a good game

• Locked thread