Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Steel frame building cannot collapse without explosive demolition. This is a fact. You are entitle to your opinion however you're not entitled to your own facts. The story about "the collapse" is made up by those people who kidnapped Geordie Leforge so they could get their brainwaves covered/ recovered. So, Genius, have some of my memory.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FecLives posted:

Steel frame building cannot collapse without explosive demolition. This is a fact. You are entitle to your opinion however you're not entitled to your own facts. The story about "the collapse" is made up by those people who kidnapped Geordie Leforge so they could get their brainwaves covered/ recovered. So, Genius, have some of my memory.

On the other hand, recorded history

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FecLives posted:

still laughing that the best argument you can come up with requires you to pretend that a jet aircraft's full load of fuel detonating doesn't count as an explosion

pictured: definitely not an explosion which is in no way damaging a building

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Jet fuel is not a hi explosive. Those are only instant flashes that were not sustained long enough and did not achieve a hi enough temperature to melt or significantly weaken the steel. Your sensationalism is noted. Thanks for the visual aide.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FecLives posted:

Jet fuel is not a hi explosive. Those are only instant flashes that were not sustained long enough and did not achieve a hi enough temperature to melt or significantly weaken the steel. Your sensationalism is noted. Thanks for the visual aide.

The fire continued to burn you jackass it didn't magically disappear

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FecLives posted:

expert in explosives and structural engineering, can't spell common english words correctly

can you do me a favor and just copy paste whatever you're googling here instead of badly translating it into gibberish? at least that should make more sense

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
also lol at "jet fuel is not an explosive. combustion engine? illuminati plot, there was this inventor in dallas who invented one weird trick the car companies dont want you to know..."

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
I guess you need a welding class so you could learn to apply your genius I've given you.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

boner confessor posted:

also lol at "jet fuel is not an explosive. combustion engine? illuminati plot, there was this inventor in dallas who invented one weird trick the car companies dont want you to know..."

Inveneted a perpetual motion device out of a potato and a glass of water

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FecLives posted:

I guess you need a welding class so you could learn to apply your genius I've given you.

LMAO since when did welding make anyone an expert in engineering

By this logic I should be an expert in many things since I grew up in the sticks learning to weld and drive farm equipment and tear apart engines before I even grew pubes

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
For you physics challenged a hi explosive is a chemical reaction. C4 is an example. A low explosive is not a chemical reaction. Black powder or kerosene fit into this group. Those low explosives generate significantly less energy and are not capable of producing enough explosive force to cause the effect witnessed.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FecLives posted:

For you physics challenged a hi explosive is a chemical reaction. C4 is an example. A low explosive is not a chemical reaction. Black powder or kerosene fit into this group. Those low explosives generate significantly less energy and are not capable of producing enough energy.

Good thing nobody said the impact in and of itself caused the collapse and that the incredible hot flames generated by BURNING JET FUEL helped to weaken the supports

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FecLives posted:

funny you should mention

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzF1KySHmUA

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
also lol at black powder is not a chemical reaction

try harder dude. way way way harder

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
What were called "the supports" were actually not the load bearing structure, those load bearing structures were the 47 columns. The "supports" mentioned were not the 47 columns, only the riveted cross sections that were not responsible for holding the floors up.

The PBS special was in error.

El Puerco fucked around with this message at 21:09 on May 17, 2017

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Black power is a slow burn.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
you are embarassingly bad at this and, even worse, boring. go practice in gbs

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Loosing interest?

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Black Powder = Physical Reaction

C4 = Chemical Reaction

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

FecLives posted:

C4 = Chemical Reaction

TBH, I came to this thread to read about actual crazies, goons playing pretend is never as entertaining

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

ikanreed posted:

TBH, I came to this thread to read about actual crazies, goons playing pretend is never as entertaining

Toblerone Triangular bitch

El Puerco
Feb 18, 2017
Shelly Kimball scumbag

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

FecLives posted:

C4 = Chemical Reaction

yeah you're being way too blatant. you can't just say obviously false things and keep people on the hook. you need to put in more effort than that. also work on your insult game. i was willing to play along for a bit but if you're going to be this lazy about it then nobody's having fun

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

FecLives posted:

Shelly Kimball scumbag

Is that supposed to mean literally anything to me

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

FecLives posted:

For you physics challenged a hi explosive is a chemical reaction. C4 is an example. A low explosive is not a chemical reaction. Black powder or kerosene fit into this group. Those low explosives generate significantly less energy and are not capable of producing enough explosive force to cause the effect witnessed.

"Combustion is not a chemical reaction" -- forums poster FecLives

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

Oh my goodness. :kimchi:

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Stop responding to the most blatant and awful bait you weirdos.

VitalSigns posted:

I'm seeing this Hillary Clinton and the DNC assassinated Seth Rich conspiracy theory popping up again and it's amazing.

The DNC is able to (a) plan and execute assassinations with no evidence trail pointing back to them and without anyone involved leaking it, yet (b) can't keep an email password secure.

Also the assassin managed to be so bad at their task that the target didn't die until several hours later and was conscious when police arrived on the scene. It all fits case closed! :pseudo:

smoke sumthin bitch
Dec 14, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
right its jsut another one of these darn coincidences that he was in conrespondance with assange and that he was the one who leaked the dnc emails. also a coincidence pedosta said he needed to be made an example of. all coincidences

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

smoke sumthin bitch posted:

right its jsut another one of these darn coincidences that he was in conrespondance with assange and that he was the one who leaked the dnc emails. also a coincidence pedosta said he needed to be made an example of. all coincidences
Show me where he was in correspondence with Assange.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Evil Fluffy posted:

Stop responding to the most blatant and awful bait you weirdos.

Mmm yes this thread is so much more thrilling when there's not a target dummy to entertain us

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

dwarf74 posted:

he wasn't, at all. smoke somethin is gonna get another white chit at NA come monday...

Illuminti
Dec 3, 2005

Praise be to China's Covid-Zero Policy

dwarf74 posted:

Literally no one, including the much discussed private eye hired by the family, says he was talking to Assange or Wikileaks.

It's destined to become one of those unkillable "facts" that will be constantly touted on conspiracy websites though.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
Notably, Assange himself has not stated he was in contact with Rich. He was happy to imply and tease and use a dead man to try and keep Hillary from getting elected though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

QuarkJets posted:

Mmm yes this thread is so much more thrilling when there's not a target dummy to entertain us

It's more fun when they're real

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
im dead and gay

Big Mackson
Sep 26, 2009
or am i?

dun dun dunnnn!

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Michael Jackson posted: