Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I will take HRT over Zeal Heavy SWAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YET ANOTHER FAG
Mar 6, 2003

by R. Guyovich

UnknownMercenary posted:

What about... Zeal HRT?

e: shot directly into custody.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Fuuka Ayase posted:

Oh, I realize now I should have specified sniper rifles.
how can i make funny shitposts when u wont work with me here

YET ANOTHER FAG posted:

What about... Zeal HRT?
get a balaclava with a punisher skull on it and splatter some black jeans with paint, you'll have a halloween costume that'll send at least sixty nerds into reflexive horror

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

I'd love HRT

oh and those guys who go after hostages are cool as well

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

UnknownMercenary posted:

This.

If HRTs have guns shooting nukes, the Zeal Heavy SWATS shoot supernovas.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
CRABTREE'S BIG DUMB PAYDAY FANFICTION: Fun with Vans!

Since the beta days of Payday 2 I always wanted to have a violent car chase escape where the driver is tearing rear end, running over cops on the road, while everyone else is aiming their guns out of windows and shooting the poo poo out of anything they can. LMGs and RPGs peak-coking out in the back, blasting cars to hell that dare follow us. Dual SMGs blasting Straight outta Compton from the passenger seat.

But with the changes that brought about the ability for engines to get damaged and needed to be repaired and their likelihood to be carried into the final heists of this game and its sequel; I think its time we consider the possibility for modifying the Van as not only its own asset, but as a tool and weapon for any heist. Armor, extra deployables, decals, special mission equipment like more body bags and drill parts, the works. I want players to look at the van as its own set of tools and pre-planning load-out with its own set of limitations - weight. There's only so much a car can weigh before its too fat to fly, upgraded engine or not.

You planning on rolling hard in and out of heist? You drop ammo bags and the heaviest armor you can on the car. The most pointy of rims to make sure you could impale a pig onto your ride to see what the rag doll will look like before he despawns. You set up your car like a tank for war, be prepared to fight to the escape like you're slowly moving in an actual tank as the endless police cars run circles around you and set heavy choke points.

You planning a loud and hit and run? You better have a good driver, because with little to no armor there's nothing saving you from the flak fire of helicopters and turrets but someone that knows the roads.

Its all about tailoring your escape van to your play-style and giving players even more options to play dress-up with their stuff. And this even includes a fantasy scenario where I could at least slightly improve stealth for the people who are waiting for the point man to do all the hard work in the form of letting the players waiting by the van to become Bain. By selecting stealth gear, you can have access to cam feeds and drones from the comfort of your vehicle, and even ways to run security diversions or hacks to manipulate the pathing of guards or allow small windows of opportunity for the point men without having them try to tamper with the cams themselves with skills or jammers.(insert negotiating of limitations to keep balance in an aforementioned Payday 3 that could handle this.) Basically let the passive players have an actual helpful role without necessarily making the game dependent on someone doing that because again, the point man is still important - they are the ones doing the dicey stuff. But I'd like to allow the passive role to be fun and accomplish something instead of just sitting around and waiting for one player to do everything.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
I, too, wish for a Kane and Lynch crossover.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

HebrewMagic posted:

I, too, wish for a Kane and Lynch crossover.

people say this in the same tone they said "i, too, wish for a goat simulator crossover"

look where that got us, dude.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Look at least Kane and Lynch is something I give a poo poo about

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I would love everything that you propose here Crabtree, please send it to Overkill ASAP.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

We're like 2 years away from full blown Kane & Lynch apologia

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.
Depending on weather, I might host a game for newbies coming back since Iv'e been out of the loop since last October to try some of the maps that came out between now and then.

Will be on Vox's discord. Probably about 8 PMish Central.

TheObserver
Nov 7, 2012

Crabtree posted:

CRABTREE'S BIG DUMB PAYDAY FANFICTION: Fun with Vans!

Since the beta days of Payday 2 I always wanted to have a violent car chase escape where the driver is tearing rear end, running over cops on the road, while everyone else is aiming their guns out of windows and shooting the poo poo out of anything they can. LMGs and RPGs peak-coking out in the back, blasting cars to hell that dare follow us. Dual SMGs blasting Straight outta Compton from the passenger seat.

But with the changes that brought about the ability for engines to get damaged and needed to be repaired and their likelihood to be carried into the final heists of this game and its sequel; I think its time we consider the possibility for modifying the Van as not only its own asset, but as a tool and weapon for any heist. Armor, extra deployables, decals, special mission equipment like more body bags and drill parts, the works. I want players to look at the van as its own set of tools and pre-planning load-out with its own set of limitations - weight. There's only so much a car can weigh before its too fat to fly, upgraded engine or not.

You planning on rolling hard in and out of heist? You drop ammo bags and the heaviest armor you can on the car. The most pointy of rims to make sure you could impale a pig onto your ride to see what the rag doll will look like before he despawns. You set up your car like a tank for war, be prepared to fight to the escape like you're slowly moving in an actual tank as the endless police cars run circles around you and set heavy choke points.

You planning a loud and hit and run? You better have a good driver, because with little to no armor there's nothing saving you from the flak fire of helicopters and turrets but someone that knows the roads.

Its all about tailoring your escape van to your play-style and giving players even more options to play dress-up with their stuff. And this even includes a fantasy scenario where I could at least slightly improve stealth for the people who are waiting for the point man to do all the hard work in the form of letting the players waiting by the van to become Bain. By selecting stealth gear, you can have access to cam feeds and drones from the comfort of your vehicle, and even ways to run security diversions or hacks to manipulate the pathing of guards or allow small windows of opportunity for the point men without having them try to tamper with the cams themselves with skills or jammers.(insert negotiating of limitations to keep balance in an aforementioned Payday 3 that could handle this.) Basically let the passive players have an actual helpful role without necessarily making the game dependent on someone doing that because again, the point man is still important - they are the ones doing the dicey stuff. But I'd like to allow the passive role to be fun and accomplish something instead of just sitting around and waiting for one player to do everything.

Shoot straight. Conserve ammo. Never make a deal with Winters. Geek the medic first.

Yeah, I could get onboard with that.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.
It's worth mentioning that a loud driving escape at least was in development- I haven't heard about it in awhile.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Discendo Vox posted:

It's worth mentioning that a loud driving escape at least was in development- I haven't heard about it in awhile.

You mean Car Store?

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

watho posted:

You're about two seconds away, because I'm hitting post right now.

K&L were fun enough games marred by the stupid bullshit with gamespot.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

watho posted:

Kane and Lynch is a bad game with a really cool idea / story premise behind it.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'm both of those opinions at the same time

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Give me a k&l crossover where Kane is the mission handler and Lynch is playable

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
OVERKILL could probably make Eidos some money just using their characters. But there is one huge draw back, they're owned by Square Enix which I'm pretty sure the people at OVK still hate with an undying passion.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
Just like last time, add me to the chorus of 'Kane & Lynch were flawed but interesting games'.

HebrewMagic posted:

Give me a k&l crossover where Kane is the mission handler and Lynch is playable

Give me a K&L crossover where Kane is playable and Lynch is the handler, each difficulty level makes Lynch more likely to freakout and provide useless mission support instead.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

One Down Lynch is just indiscernible from Bain

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Malek posted:

You mean Car Store?

No, an escape map, akin to other ones from the launch period.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

K&L2 is just plain bad.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I will fight you and marry k&l2's semiauto shotgun at the same loving reception

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
NEW PERK DECK: The Psychopath.

Tier 1: For My Stomach
Equipping the Psychopath perk deck replaces your throwable with Pills. Every time you kill an enemy, you gain a stack of Freakout. Each stack of Freakout you have increases your damage dealt and taken by 1%. Taking your Pills will begin exchanging stacks of Freakout for health for as long as you take and deal no damage. Pills recharge 30s after you last stopped exchanging Freakout stacks.

Tier 3: Already Killed You Twice
Each stack of Freakout now adds 2% to your damage dealt.

Tier 5: I Am Calm
Each stack of Freakout now only adds .5% to your damage taken.

Tier 7: Blackouts
Killing a civilian adds five stacks of Freakout.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I just want a Lynch safe with the hideous multiplayer guns

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
I really like how K&L2 looks like a liveleak video

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

Crabtree posted:

OVERKILL could probably make Eidos some money just using their characters. But there is one huge draw back, they're owned by Square Enix which I'm pretty sure the people at OVK still hate with an undying passion.

It sounds like there's a clusterfuck going on with rights. Square Enix got IO when they acquired Eidos when ever that was, but literally two or three days ago, they just parted ways with IO. IO is still going to own Hitman, but Kane and Lynch and everything else, who knows now. :(

Fantastic Alice
Jan 23, 2012

Crabtree posted:

Why do they hate Square Enix?

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Same reasons anyone else does

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

xanthan posted:

Square Enix has a habit of screwing anyone over who isn't attached to a Final Fantasy game. RIP Hitman unless they find a new publisher and assuming SE doesn't own or gently caress with the rights. Hey maybe they can add 47 as a heister.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

xanthan posted:

Remember Wolf's description?

quote:

A law-abiding citizen for most of his 32 years in life, Wolf raised his family in Stockholm until the economic slump in the 2000's. Wolf's software development company lost many clients, continuing with only one client who had cold feet and withheld payments. Wolf took personal loans to appease the client and keep the project afloat, but the client had already decided to pull out. His company became bankrupt and his family homeless.

Wolf is voiced by Ulf Andersson, cofounder of Overkill and brother of Starbreeze CEO Bo Andersson. They were also cofounders of Grin Software. Guess how Grin went under?

edit: I can't find a copy atm, but in payday 1's version of FWB, NPCs in the meeting room have a conversation about how they are going to polish their quarterly cashflow by screwing over "Smile Inc." This includes asking "Smile Inc." to send all of their work product- code, music, everything, to their legal department- by fax.

Guess what.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 07:59 on May 18, 2017

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Other game serieses shitcanned by Square Enix include Deus Ex and probably Tomb Raider very shortly.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Tempest_56 posted:

I'm personally putting that one into the category of "We can't figure out how to fix it, so Working As Intended".

It was a design request

Fuuka Ayase
Apr 25, 2017

Literally Hitler

Shima Honnou posted:

Square Enix has a habit of screwing anyone over who isn't attached to a Final Fantasy game.

And if you're not attached to the correct FF, they'll still divert all your funds for an entirely different dev team on a separate FF.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!

Wilko posted:

It was a design request

Damnit Jules.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Capcom was the company that screwed over GRIN, if I recall correctly. Although I do recall GRIN working with SE on a Final Fantasy game for awhile as well.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Capcom was the company that screwed over GRIN, if I recall correctly. Although I do recall GRIN working with SE on a Final Fantasy game for awhile as well.

It was SE, per the Kotaku story I linked.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Wilko posted:

It was a design request

I stand corrected, though that just makes it more perplexing.