Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Augus posted:

it would be cool if it was a bite-sized version of top-down Zelda gameplay or something instead of a Korok farming simulator or some poo poo

Roll-Goal Mobile: Goals on a Roll.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Spanish Manlove posted:

The ridge near Faron tower is loaded with durian and the southern beach is loaded with razor crabs. That's really all you need. I wish I knew somewhere that had a constant supply of stam restoring food since I blow through that while biting off more than I can chew when picking which mountains to climb.
I thought all the Great Fairy spots had endurance carrots off to the side?

As nice as a repeat-recipe button would be, I'd prefer something to swap in entire outfits.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Boss Keys Grump plays Worst GAme in the Series: Skyward Sword and you Won't Believe what he Thinks!

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

JawnV6 posted:

I thought all the Great Fairy spots had endurance carrots off to the side?

As nice as a repeat-recipe button would be, I'd prefer something to swap in entire outfits.

I think that may just be the eastern most one, as the one to the southwest just has temperature flowers and the one by kakariko has sneaky flowers.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Spanish Manlove posted:

I think that may just be the eastern most one, as the one to the southwest just has temperature flowers and the one by kakariko has sneaky flowers.

The gerudo one in the southwest has some carrots between the rib bones.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

Spanish Manlove posted:

In the southwest you need to go out to the ribs, not just right next to the thing with the safflinas. "Off to the side"

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Ah cool. Didn't know that.

thanks alot assbag
Feb 18, 2005

BLUUUUHHHHHH

I've totally been waiting for this one since the beginning. Skyward Sword has awesome and fun and good dungeons

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

I FUCK LINEN IN MY SPARE TIME!
Grimey Drawer

Spanish Manlove posted:

Throw five into a pot and you get a level 3 Attack boost for like 5min

Paraglide to the plateau directly south of the Durian farm (where there's a small Bokoblin tower) and there's an even bigger Banana farm. They're basically Razor Crabs that you don't have to sneak up on. Mighty Bananas yield 4:10 of L3 Attack Buff when you cook 5.

ProjektorBoy fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 17, 2017

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

JawnV6 posted:

In the southwest you need to go out to the ribs, not just right next to the thing with the safflinas. "Off to the side"

There's some up on the stone overhangs round the Horse Fairy's pool, too.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

ProjektorBoy posted:

Paraglide to the plateau directly south of the Durian farm (where there's a small Bokoblin tower) and there's an even bigger Banana farm. They're basically Razor Crabs that you don't have to sneak up on. Mighty Bananas yield 4:10 of L3 Attack Buff when you cook 5.

I found a DK sized pile of them once but didn't really know where they were naturally. But hell yeah, thanks for the heads up. Looks like Link's going vegan.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I cackled when I saw that stash of Bananas the Yiga Clan had in the rafters of their hideout. It was a total Donkey Kong Banana Hoard.

Which kind of reminds me about something I pondered while going about BotW. It's aspects of tons of other Nintendo games all rolled up into one thing.

Mario: Mushrooms will help you.
DK: Bananas are awesome, and you can chuck barrels.
Metroid: When you're questing through Hyrule Castle
Animal Crossing: Getting a house and building it up while having in-depth NPC interaction.
Nintendogs: At every stable a dog is your friend.
Punch-Out: Whenever you fight a Lynel.
Game & Watch: Korok Puzzles

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Duck Hunt: You will never get that perfect picture of a duck because they are more skittish than deer I'm serious they take off so drat fast.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

ProjektorBoy posted:

I cackled when I saw that stash of Bananas the Yiga Clan had in the rafters of their hideout. It was a total Donkey Kong Banana Hoard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8WvSGNEV24

Tim Burns Effect fucked around with this message at 01:41 on May 18, 2017

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
Ducks really aren't all that difficult when you're wearing the full stealth suit. There have been times when I've been collecting fish and I'll bump ducks while swimming before they realize I'm there.

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer
TBH if you're not spending the majority of your time in the stealth suit you're playing the game a little bit wrong.

It's just nice to breeze past enemy encampments without worrying about accidentally triggering an aggro. Especially if you stumble on a Lynel or Hinox.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

ProjektorBoy posted:

Which kind of reminds me about something I pondered while going about BotW. It's aspects of tons of other Nintendo games all rolled up into one thing.

Mario: Mushrooms will help you.
DK: Bananas are awesome, and you can chuck barrels.
Metroid: When you're questing through Hyrule Castle
Animal Crossing: Getting a house and building it up while having in-depth NPC interaction.
Nintendogs: At every stable a dog is your friend.
Punch-Out: Whenever you fight a Lynel.
Game & Watch: Korok Puzzles

That banana hoard respawns on bloodmoons, and so do all the gems you can get in there, but not the in ground chests. you also cannot enter from the back end.

frodnonnag fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 18, 2017

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

So wait am I seriously supposed to beat up this Lynel for his shock arrows, he has 2000 health :stare:

I mean I know there's a bunch of arrows on the peak but there doesn't seem to be that many?

ProjektorBoy
Jun 18, 2002

Grimey Drawer
Believe it or not if you sneak around carefully & patiently to all the trees you can get all the required Shock arrows without fighting the Lynel.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

So wait am I seriously supposed to beat up this Lynel for his shock arrows, he has 2000 health :stare:

I mean I know there's a bunch of arrows on the peak but there doesn't seem to be that many?

Personally, I snuck around as much as I could, stole arrows, and warped out if he came for me. I think I then bought the rest that I needed, but it's been awhile, so I don't recall.

It's certainly possible to murder him though, and if you want to get the Blue and White-Maned lynel gear, you will eventually have to learn to kill them before the game advances them to Silver.

JawnV6
Jul 4, 2004

So hot ...

ProjektorBoy posted:

accidentally triggering an aggro. Especially if you stumble on a Lynel or Hinox.
Holden: The Hinox lays on its back, its belly baking in the hot sun, beating its legs trying to wake up. But it can't. Not with out your help. But you're not attacking.
Link's upper lip is quivering.
Link: Whatya means, I'm not attacking?
Holden: I mean you're not attacking! Why is that, Link?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Yeah I tuned the Sheikah Sensor to Shock Arrows and got like 40 of the things from that peak, so I'm good. Think I might save and practice parries on the Lynel for a bit though.

I'm more wondering how you could output enough damage to do the deed, my top damage weapon is a 24 damage boomerang for god's sake.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Nevermind turns out some attack up food, some parries and some bowsmanship (omg you can mount them) is enough to do the deed after all. :woop:

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

Nevermind turns out some attack up food, some parries and some bowsmanship (omg you can mount them) is enough to do the deed after all. :woop:

The other thing is that you can literally swap weapons and armor at any time, and sneakstrikes, flurries, and mounted attacks do not wear down your weapons.

So if you have a weapon that does a lot of damage, and a set of armor that /increases/ that damage, and perhaps a Four Minute Murder Meal that stacks upon that damage, you can really ruin a Lynel's day fairly quickly, and you can swap back when you get thrown (or possibly pull off a few bowshots to the back of the Lynel's head while still in the air to stun him again.)

I'm still not /good/ at killing Lynels, but it makes things go quick. I regret waiting until after I'd completed the game before I seriously tried to kill my first one.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

maltesh posted:

The other thing is that you can literally swap weapons and armor at any time, and sneakstrikes, flurries, and mounted attacks do not wear down your weapons.
Flurries definitely wear down your weapons. To the point that your weapon can break part way through a flurry, ending it early.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Well, shoot. I stand corrected. Shows how rarely I successfully pull off a Flurry Rush that I never noticed that.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

ProjektorBoy posted:

TBH if you're not spending the majority of your time in the stealth suit you're playing the game a little bit wrong.

It's just nice to breeze past enemy encampments without worrying about accidentally triggering an aggro. Especially if you stumble on a Lynel or Hinox.

I saw that the Sheikah and Dark Link sets both have "night speed up" as a set bonus, is the Dark Link set faster than the Sheikah one or are they about the same (trying to decide if i want to actually buy it or not)

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll

Tim Burns Effect posted:

I saw that the Sheikah and Dark Link sets both have "night speed up" as a set bonus, is the Dark Link set faster than the Sheikah one or are they about the same (trying to decide if i want to actually buy it or not)

Shiekah suit is better in every way and by far. It just doesn't look edgy and rad.

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
So I'm really early in the game and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the openness of this game. I just got the quest for the 4 beasts and I know I'm vastly underprepared. Am I just suppose to wander around until I feel ready or is there someplace I'm suppose to go next?

Ziddar
Jul 24, 2003

Time Travel: Not Even Once

okay maybe a few times

Rad Valtar posted:

So I'm really early in the game and feeling a bit overwhelmed with the openness of this game. I just got the quest for the 4 beasts and I know I'm vastly underprepared. Am I just suppose to wander around until I feel ready or is there someplace I'm suppose to go next?

Go wherever your heart tells you. There is no wrong direction. See a neat hill in the distance? Wonder what's in those ruined houses? Go and find out. The main story quests are just there as guidelines. Defeating Ganon is only thing you have to do to beat the game, and I had played over 110 hours before I decided to do so.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Rad Valtar posted:

If you go to the other village Impa mentioned and then back to her you get a sidequest to gather memories from before the cyrosleep.

Otherwise I'd probably focus on getting to towers and stables (along the main road). That'll have you run across a ton of shrines and open a lot of warp points.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Ziddar posted:

Go wherever your heart tells you. There is no wrong direction. See a neat hill in the distance? Wonder what's in those ruined houses? Go and find out. The main story quests are just there as guidelines. Defeating Ganon is only thing you have to do to beat the game, and I had played over 110 hours before I decided to do so.

At least follow the main storyline until you get the Camera.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Tim Burns Effect posted:

Dark link is faster by a little bit. But you can't upgrade it, meaning you're made of paper (and not quiet like the sheikah suit).

It's still loving awesome.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Ciaphas posted:

I saw him, went "gently caress that", turned around and went and bought the required amount of arrows from one of the other towns.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

vah ruta was the last divine beast I tackled so by the time I rolled up to zora domain I already had like 160 shock arrows and sidon was all "oh cool nevermind let's just go"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I did the bird last, after I had like 115 shrines.

Goddamn was I kicking myself about missing out on Rivali's Gale for most of my play time, but I avoided spoilers as much as possible.

IdealFlaws
Aug 23, 2005
I just found out you can deflect thrown rocks at you by swinging your weapon holy poo poo

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Have i missed any armour sets if i've got the stealth, zora, heat resistant, cold resistant, fire resistant, climbing, barbarian, lightning resistant and ancient sets? I'm missing the odd bit from some of those but I've got the barbarian fully upgraded now

I might go trash hyrule castle up a bit to get some ancient cores to finish off the ancient armour set since i've not been there yet and still have 2 divine beasts to do

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Dark set, Wild set, Radiant Set, uhhhhh Amiibo Sets... uhhhhhh....

You didn't mention champions or hyrule either but I assume you have those

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Zaphod42 posted:

Dark set, Wild set, Radiant Set, uhhhhh Amiibo Sets... uhhhhhh....

You didn't mention champions or hyrule either but I assume you have those

Both heat resist sets?