Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I thought that was just established fact

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
they're actually both cool games

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

SNES Aladdin by Capcom, Megadrive Aladdin by Virgin Interactive makers of, uh, Cool Spot

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I got stuck on the final boss of Mega Drive Aladdin as a kid and never finished it (it was a rental) :argh:

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I prefer the well made Aladdin game, not the one with the neat graphics and flaily sword attack with hitboxes that are non-euclidean.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ometeotl posted:

I prefer the well made Aladdin game, not the one with the neat graphics and flaily sword attack with hitboxes that are non-euclidean.

"Which one's that?"

"Not the one you liked"

"...gently caress"

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
https://twitter.com/officialpacman/status/864522744150589440

:v:

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the sprite animation in genesis aladdin looks great, but the colors look super weird and dead, and its level design is just super goddamn plain with gameplay mostly consisting of mashing the sword button until enemies die. i hate it!!

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

:lol:

It might not be a problem for other people but it annoys me greatly to a) scan my PC without permission and b) list one thing in two different places when at the time I greatly preferred Steam.

OK, so no good reason, then.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

the prestigious 37th anniversary???

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Yo I'm launching a Kickstarter in honor of my and my wife's 11th anniversary plz pledge

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Kingdom Hearts III looking good

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Phantasium posted:

There's been no patch to any version, the thing that bothers me more is that the ending screen on the cliff is garbled in the PSP version.

The XBLA version was definitely patched at some point. It originally had the song but was later changed sometime after release.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

I've never had any issues with GOG (Galaxy or service) at all except for one of my games being permanently hidden and a quick email to support fixed that in a jiffy.

Same for Steam, really. I remember Origin being bad in the past but now it's pretty good.

And then there's GFWL. There was a service that deserved to loving die and I'm glad it did. Good riddance, though I appreciate that time Age of Empires 3 was on sale for one cent back in like 2010.

GUI posted:

The XBLA version was definitely patched at some point. It originally had the song but was later changed sometime after release.

I had the game since pre-patch. can confirm.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The Colonel posted:

controversial: snes aladdin really is a way more fun and interesting game than genesis aladdin and i'm surprised people apparently like genesis more, the gameplay in that version is super bland

It's the truth.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Black hole sun, won't you come

and wash away the rain

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:

FirstAidKite posted:

and wash away the rain

rip

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

and wash away the rain

And I don't like what you got me hanging from :smith:

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

sad day for grandpas

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

oddium posted:

sad day for grandpas

Go to your room young lady.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

God damnit I'm gonna go to Facebook and Chris Cornell is gonna be dead isn't he

edit: gently caress

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

MysticalMachineGun posted:

And I don't like what you got me hanging from :smith:

don't do that

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Genesis Aladdin was rushed as hell but it was also made with actual Disney animators, which is why it's looks so good. The SNES one is the better game but as a result of it being one of the weaker Capcom Disney games, not by that much. The tragic thing is that the Genesis one outsold the hell out of the Capcom one and I don't think Capcom ever made another Disney game

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I had no idea the SNES and Mega Drive had different Aladdins and now I feel cheated

I did love that mega drive version. Could never beat Jaffar though

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

glam rock hamhock posted:

The tragic thing is that the Genesis one outsold the hell out of the Capcom one and I don't think Capcom ever made another Disney game

Capcom actually made a Nightmare Before Christmas game on the PS2, which was a surprisingly robust character action one. Apparently some key staff from it moved on to Devil May Cry and Platinum games like Bayonetta and Revengeance.
It's weird as hell seeing the gameplay mechanic similarities, well worth a lookie.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Lizard Wizard posted:

Kingdom Hearts III looking good

Mostly unrelated but I always wished the FF MMOs took place in Ivalice specifically so that moogles would be playable

In general I'd rather play as the Ivalice races than the Vana'diel/Eorzea races but at the same time I suppose modeling armor on nu mou and bangaa would be a pain in the rear end.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Massive Destiny 2 reveal is today. The first gameplay will be shown and major features will be talked about.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

raditts posted:

God damnit I'm gonna go to Facebook and Chris Cornell is gonna be dead isn't he

edit: gently caress

Soundgarden is one of my favorite bands. Been a fan since Superunknown came out. :smith:

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

The Colonel posted:

controversial: snes aladdin really is a way more fun and interesting game than genesis aladdin and i'm surprised people apparently like genesis more, the gameplay in that version is super bland

People have weird brokebrained nostalgia for lovely box level design Amiga-level platformers for some reason.

GUI posted:

Mak0rz posted:

I had the game since pre-patch. can confirm.

Well poo poo, that's what happens with the 360 is a garbage fire and you don't replace the one you have when it red rings. I don't get to know about obscure patches!

Did they ever patch back in the cutscenes since it's no longer dealing with a 200 mb limit, then?

At the very least it's not a rights issue, as the PSN version has never changed and is still up, and I'm pretty sure I read some interview a long time ago saying it was changed in the PSP version because people complained about it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They never added the FMV cutscenes back in but you're not missing much.

The PSP version doesn't have that song at the end because it wasn't in the Japanese version and I guess it wasn't worth re-licensing it for that.
Again not missing much.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I said come in! posted:

Massive Destiny 2 reveal is today. The first gameplay will be shown and major features will be talked about.

That swooshing sound you hear is the reveal of a giant vacuum of nothingness sucking in air.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Genesis Aladdin was a really solid platformer, gently caress dis dumb goony nevergoodism. I think it's still historically the #1 top-selling title for the Genesis. SNES had way better colors and music though. That parallax scrolling in Agrabah blew my young mind.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

i've never played either but they're both probably bad by today's. standards

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I keep having this guy pop up in my recommended videos since the last week or so. Goddammit Youtube

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

GUI posted:

I keep having this guy pop up in my recommended videos since the last week or so. Goddammit Youtube

This guy is some men's rights furry who thinks SJWs ruined Bioware.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

this wolf games alone

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

hath not the furry power over the 'sona to make one wolf unto honour, and another unto dishonour

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

exquisite tea posted:

This guy is some men's rights furry who thinks SJWs ruined Bioware.

Why do so many men's rights YouTubers have furry avatars that they shoehorn into every video?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Harrow posted:

Why do so many men's rights YouTubers have furry avatars that they shoehorn into every video?

Being sexually frustrated because no woman will go near you and being a furry tend to go hand in hand.

• Locked thread