Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know

Morter posted:

So how exactly do I keep playing Gems of War without overleveling, and having most encounters contain monsters much stronger than my own? :x

Post your invite code in the thread to join one of our guilds and you won't have to worry about it anymore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Relentless posted:

It takes a bit to get rolling, but there's 12 total factions, plus a bonus 13th one that lets you pick and choose upgrades from everything you've unlocked and a ton of hidden trophies that have more upgrades attached.

I've been messing around on and off for a month and am currently working on a mana regen build to unlock all the autocasting upgrades.

It's bad at showing you myriad of ways it opens up once you get into it.

Yeah I am starting to open some stuff but not knowing what to do to open anything is kind of dumb. Then again I can't really be bothered to go searching for the info online for a stupid clicker game.

Care to share this mana regen build?

I finally opened up on of the multi-faction things, it was a giant statues foot or something.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

IAmTheRad posted:

Knights of Pen & Paper 2 free is out now. In Canada, at least.

Changes: Combat they said got a rebalance. It means it's harder so you need to spend more time grinding. Economy is rebalanced. So you need to spend more time grinding. At least the only IAP is for coins. The previous DLC that cost real money you can now unlock by, you guessed it, grinding. But you don't technically need to spend a dime, just a bunch of time. Grinding.

The 1st DLC is 15k coins, and you can easily get 700-1200 coins in a single fight, not counting quests. I'm having a much better time with this version that the original paid one.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Trastion posted:

Yeah I am starting to open some stuff but not knowing what to do to open anything is kind of dumb. Then again I can't really be bothered to go searching for the info online for a stupid clicker game.

Care to share this mana regen build?

I finally opened up on of the multi-faction things, it was a giant statues foot or something.

The 7th-9th faction you get from having their clues unlocked through excavation, and then 300 hall of legends, 1million faction coins and 36 hours without reincarnating.

Once you get Mercenaries and bloodlines open (reincarnation 7) Things get silly. Elven Farmers is amazing for quick buildup. You stack grand balance and faerie chanting with assistant buffs. It calculates the grand balance target before faerie chanting kicks in, so you're just stacking buffs on farms.

More silly poo poo like that here:

http://realm-grinder.wikia.com/wiki/Merc_Builds

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Is it just me or does Realm Grinder slow down immensely when you don't have it actually on your screen (I'm not talking about offline mode). I set a spell to autocast and got only a fraction of the casts I was expecting after a while with the app minimized doing something else. When I left the screen on and went to do something else the casts worked as I expected.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Has anyone else started a goon guild for Battle Bay?

I really like a lot of things about it but watching the AI play or someone get lagged out is depressing.

Or maybe there is a thread for this?

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Randallteal posted:

I've also sunk a lot of time into desktop Realm Grinder. I love it, but I'm used to having an auto clicker to tap 10x/second, so playing it on mobile would probably be a pain. Tapping in Eggs Inc is already too much for my fingers.

You can hold the button in Egg Inc!

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

I really like a lot of things about it but watching the AI play or someone get lagged out is depressing.

I love the international-ality(?) of the game cuz a bunch of Indian players just friended me :allears: so I'll probably try to rope them in with me and then lose interest in this game and be a disappointment to all

The boats are so slow and the waves are so calm it's like a callback to Zelda: Windwaker but also Mario Kart pvp

Now with upgrades!

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004

syscall girl posted:

I played for a while but it's a big grind around level 7-8. It's fun for a while but I kept getting AI vs people who had Mk2 boats already.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

syscall girl posted:

I'm getting into this game as well, and my guild is pretty much dead, so if you make one, invite DonIncognito19

The Duggler
Feb 20, 2011

I do not hear you, I do not see you, I will not let you get into the Duggler's head with your bring-downs.

A Dark Room is strangely compelling

I figure I am near the end of it, but it evolves into a few different things along the way

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

NPR Journalizard posted:

I'm getting into this game as well, and my guild is pretty much dead, so if you make one, invite DonIncognito19

I am AmorousAnt### (euro sign, yen sign, pound sign) and will add you if I get there

cage-free egghead posted:

I played for a while but it's a big grind around level 7-8. It's fun for a while but I kept getting AI vs people who had Mk2 boats already.

This is super frustrating for what feels like it should be a fun game. I have 3 or 4 Mk2 boats already but watching the AI bump up against the wall over and over again after you get killed is awful.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Okay made a Battle Bay goon fleet, named Goonfleet

Free to join, not sure how guilds work on this thing but I think you get a little bump for being in one

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
Someone made a guild named goon with goon as the tag but I don't think they are from SA , I've joined with the sole intention of trying to hijack it. I'll keep y'all posted

Zarlog
Dec 7, 2005

Zarlog, Protector of Baal

The Duggler posted:

A Dark Room is strangely compelling

I figure I am near the end of it, but it evolves into a few different things along the way

I liked it a lot. I even replayed it and finished it again without building huts/having slaves.

For those who haven't gotten it yet, it's free right now

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yourcompany.adarkroom

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Neat little Mars colony city builder. Good toilet game, doesn't seem to have a whole lot of depth.

My Colony

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

Zarlog posted:

I liked it a lot. I even replayed it and finished it again without building huts/having slaves.

Thanks for this missed it the first time round

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
a while back i played a game that probably got recommended here - the basic gist of it is you travel through a series of battles and i feel like your party all threw weapons at the enemies? like throwing swords and stuff. i've been trying to remember the name and it's driving me up the wall

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
Weapons throwing RPG?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
...trust me to forget possibly the most straightforward name of any game in the whole play store hahaha! thanks :)

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

i would've guessed dungeon defender

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

The 1st DLC is 15k coins, and you can easily :jerkbag: get 700-1200 coins in a single fight, not counting quests. I'm having a much better time with this version that the original paid one.
Holy loving poo poo, how long did you play to "easily get 700-1200 coins in a single fight"? I have been play KOPP2 for like 3 days, my group is i their low 20s, and if I break 100-125g I'm often stoked.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

coyo7e posted:

Holy loving poo poo, how long did you play to "easily get 700-1200 coins in a single fight"? I have been play KOPP2 for like 3 days, my group is i their low 20s, and if I break 100-125g I'm often stoked.

I'm level 15 and have bought out every magazine. I don't know what you're doing wrong.

Edit: this is from a single zombie and a single skeleton in the graveyard.

Sandwich Anarchist fucked around with this message at 14:34 on May 17, 2017

GodspeedSphere
Apr 25, 2008

Zarlog posted:

Seconding this recommendation. The start up is rough because the game doesn't explain itself beyond your observations of cause and effect and at first it looks like some sort of odd economy sim. Once you get the compass and bone spear it starts to take off.

When you're in early game economy sim mode note that your villagers produce/ consume every in game "tick." Another note is that you can only survive off of cured meats. I'll leave the rest to be discovered.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Not sure where else to put this, but I'm at what I imagine is about the midway point of Minute Quest and it's actually kind of annoying me how effective the Fish/Squid/Squid combo is

I am dressed up in a squid combo with my pet squid following me around hitting things with a fish, this should be a joke setup but I've steamrolled two bosses in a row with it <:mad:>

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

loquacius posted:

Not sure where else to put this, but I'm at what I imagine is about the midway point of Minute Quest and it's actually kind of annoying me how effective the Fish/Squid/Squid combo is

I am dressed up in a squid combo with my pet squid following me around hitting things with a fish, this should be a joke setup but I've steamrolled two bosses in a row with it <:mad:>

Oh don't remind me of those games. quest and frontier took up so much of my time. My old phone's battery was ruined by me constant leaving these games on.

I remember snake, germ and something else being one the best boss killers.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

AnonSpore posted:

Is it just me or does Realm Grinder slow down immensely when you don't have it actually on your screen (I'm not talking about offline mode). I set a spell to autocast and got only a fraction of the casts I was expecting after a while with the app minimized doing something else. When I left the screen on and went to do something else the casts worked as I expected.

To answer my own question, Realm Grinder pauses completely if it's still active (even idling) when the screen is locked, so you have to manually close it for it to go into offline mode, or keep it in focus so it keeps the phone from locking.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
The latest installment in the Galaxy on Fire space combat series is now out for Android.

Also out is Beholder, an interesting looking surveillance game that first hit Steam a few months ago.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 02:18 on May 18, 2017

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Anyone had a chance to try out the newest Kairosoft game, Home Run High, and got any reviews? I bought and played Shiny Ski Resort and enjoyed it alright, but I'd like something with more active gameplay.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Gilg posted:

Anyone had a chance to try out the newest Kairosoft game, Home Run High, and got any reviews? I bought and played Shiny Ski Resort and enjoyed it alright, but I'd like something with more active gameplay.

All Kairosoft games are effectively the same game so I doubt it would have more 'active gameplay'

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Home Run High is pretty passive. You REALLY don't want to play games on regular speed, you just want to pick up the highlights.

Pocket Arcade Story has more 'action' as you actually can help your people win tournaments in the cheap fighting knockoff game they have that is really only 3 buttons.

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."
After what seems like forever, Chroma Squad, the Power Rangers inspired tactics game from the original developers of Knights of Pen and Paper is finally out for mobile devices.

mrkillboy fucked around with this message at 07:21 on May 18, 2017

Alehkhs
Oct 6, 2010

The Sorrow of Poets

IAmTheRad posted:

Home Run High is

The title made me think how great the old Backyard _____________ sports games would be on mobile.

Edit: Apparently some of the originals are playable in ScummVM...

EDIT EDIT: Oh gods it actually works. I'm playing Backyard Baseball on my phone, 20 years after its release. :aaaaa:

Alehkhs fucked around with this message at 08:06 on May 18, 2017

EzEight
Jan 21, 2014

mrkillboy posted:

After what seems like forever, Chroma Squad, the Power Rangers inspired tactics game from the original developers of Knights of Pen and Paper is finally out for mobile devices.

So it published by Bandai USA and unavailable to me as I'm in Asia. Anyone can give feed back if its acrually good and worth jumping through hoops to get?

Roberto_Silencio
Mar 9, 2004

lets start advertising and make us some real money

Gilg posted:

This one is definitely like a lot of the others where you coach the team and the AI plays the game. There's the occasional bits where you give advice to a pitcher/batter, but otherwise, the game plays itself.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Has anybody else encountered this in Knights of Pen and Paper 2 Free Edition ?

Same bow, one is a higher upgrade, but has less damage? It is the same on every weapon and armor I try. Worse penalties, lower damage or damage reduction. Can't find anything on Google about it.

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:

EzEight posted:

So it published by Bandai USA and unavailable to me as I'm in Asia. Anyone can give feed back if its acrually good and worth jumping through hoops to get?

Only played for like an hour or two so far, but it's fun. It's definitely a good fit for mobile, if I didn't know there was a pc version I would have assumed it was mobile 1st.

There's a few ui issues (I. E., in the studio section it sometimes won't register taps, the way that your characters stats are displayed in the menu is a bit too split up, etc) but the game itself is fun and seems very well suited to short play sessions while having a good bit of content.

Not sure how many hoops it's worth jumping through, but I at least felt like it was worth 5 survey bucks.

Ratt
Nov 3, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Is shameless self promotion okay? I've been working on a mobile space strategy game kind of like Total War, and was hoping to get some opinions on it.

Galaxy of Iron

mrkillboy
May 13, 2003

"Something witty."

EzEight posted:

I've played about the same amount of time as foutre and I think its pretty great, though the tutorial could be better in explaining some things. I really appreciate that the game lets you customise the thing your team shouts when they morph.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
If it looks at all interesting but you're on the fence, there's an LP of Chroma Squad in the LP subforum so you can see how it's actually played.