Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

I'm a couple days late, but...

From The Economist interview with Trump

I guess the schaden is on us because the Russia probe is getting more air time than his complete incompetence.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

ultrabindu posted:

Why is the truck driver being attacked by a man wielding an umbrella?
This video feels like it starts too late and ends too early.

Yeah I had to watch it a few times to see the very start has the truck driver stood next to the truck with a bat or something.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/AP/status/865239236043296768

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Eagerly awaiting the Fox News report saying that Ailes heroically died fighting a Mexican tile floor.

IamnotJoe
Jul 24, 2005
Maybe Steve.

It probably didn't happen this way but in my mind he laid on the cold floor slowly bleeding out for days while Fox News droned on in the background. God I hope he suffered.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

This guy's Mexico's former president, right? It'd be great if Obama could get on this guy's level.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://dailycaller.com/2017/05/18/liberal-journalists-celebrate-the-death-of-fox-news-founder-roger-ailes/

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

BrianBoitano posted:

I'm a couple days late, but...

From The Economist interview with Trump

I guess the schaden is on us because the Russia probe is getting more air time than his complete incompetence.

They could just replace all his responses with "(unintelligible)" to save time when writing the transcript.

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm
To continue piling on:

https://twitter.com/lurie_john/status/865244474125033472

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

h3r0n posted:

Oh man. Thats gotta sting.

Only if he can actually still feel anything from the neck down, or at all.

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

ChickenOfTomorrow posted:

BRING 👏 BACK 👏 THE 👏 GUILLOTINE

The UK never had the Guillotine, that was the french

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Yea the Brits just hanged people.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ein Sexmonster posted:

Yea the Brits just hanged people.

Well unless you were highborn in which case they were perfectly happy to cut off your head. They also used to burn people at the stake for heresy.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Pretty sure having your head chopped off was considered a privilege because its less painful than hanging can potentially be. That's why nobles and royalty were given that option.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
A fun prank you can play on your colourblind friends: get them to put on a pair of those colour correcting glasses that allow them to see properly without telling them what they are, then watch them freak out when they experience purple for the first time in their lives
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCcxwieuDH0

Basebf555 posted:

Pretty sure having your head chopped off was considered a privilege because its less painful than hanging can potentially be. That's why nobles and royalty were given that option.

Fun fact: condemned criminals in the Utah Territory could also choose beheading as their method of execution but none of them ever did and it was dropped when Utah became a state.

I imagine there was one guy working at the prison who was really looking forwards to chopping off someone's head and was always terribly disappointed when they chose something else.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Didn't they also do drawing and quartering?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Regalingualius posted:

Didn't they also do drawing and quartering?

Yeah and disemboweling, they didn't like to limit themselves to just boring old hanging. At one point there were over 200 capital offences listed in the law books including "being in the company of Gypsies for one month", "strong evidence of malice in a child aged 7–14 years of age", "blacking the face or using a disguise whilst committing a crime" and "lying in wait with intent to put out an eye, disable the tongue or slit the nose."

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

Agreed, anyone who uses blackface should be drawn and quartered.

minato
Jun 7, 2004

cutty cain't hang, say 7-up.
Taco Defender

Regalingualius posted:

Agreed, anyone who uses blackface should be drawn and quartered.

Ted Danson, noooo

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jdiZxl79zU4

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BrianBoitano posted:

http://i.imgur.com/sNI36FJ.mp4

Schaden is on whoever was supposed to secure the barge and surely got shitcanned:

I've seen this done in the DRC, there's often nowhere good to secure the barge so the pilot is supposed to cram the engines on full and continually push against the bank while loading.

So if they can do it right in literally the poorest country in the world, and you can't...

LSD at the gangbang
Dec 27, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

A fun prank you can play on your colourblind friends: get them to put on a pair of those colour correcting glasses that allow them to see properly without telling them what they are, then watch them freak out when they experience purple for the first time in their lives
I didn't expect to :3: in the schadenfreude thread. A Good Prank.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

LSD at the gangbang posted:

I didn't expect to :3: in the schadenfreude thread. A Good Prank.

It's like the exact opposite of the usual 'it's a prank, bro' poo poo.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

So he was.. fairly imbalanced?

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

I would note those videos are part of a viral marketing campaign by the manufacturers and the glasses cost at least $350, and only work on some types of color blindness (where particular colors are weak). It's a neat idea but goddamn $350+ for sunglasses with a very specific color is a bit ridiculous, and they have rather poor reviews from actual paying customers.

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed
I wonder how that works. I thought color blindness was due to a defect with the cones in your eyes. Cant imagine how a polarization could counter that.

/\
edit: Ah, so it just boosts what you have low sensitivity for.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Alereon posted:

I would note those videos are part of a viral marketing campaign by the manufacturers and the glasses cost at least $350, and only work on some types of color blindness (where particular colors are weak). It's a neat idea but goddamn $350+ for sunglasses with a very specific color is a bit ridiculous, and they have rather poor reviews from actual paying customers.

Yeah every single time I see one of those videos, its extremely obvious they're playing it up for the camera.

Rasmus posted:

I wonder how that works. I thought color blindness was due to a defect with the cones in your eyes. Cant imagine how a polarization could counter that.

/\
edit: Ah, so it just boosts what you have low sensitivity for.

Well, because of the way our eyes detect light, you can kinda game it so it does kinda work. TV screens and computer monitors don't actually put out like orange or purple light, they only put out a combination of red and green and blue which we perceive as the same as orange or purple. For people with colorblindness, the defect with the cones means they don't detect enough of one or the other color, so they see red or green or whatever when they should see purple or teal or whatever. By filtering the light you can kinda force the defective cones to make the right color choice for the wrong reasons, which "fixes" colorblindness.

But like Alereon said, it only works in specific cases for specific people and its probably not all that life changing.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Death Mode is the Greatest

Alereon
Feb 6, 2004

Dehumanize yourself and face to Trumpshed
College Slice

Rasmus posted:

There's different kinds of color blindness, these glasses wouldn't work for any actually affecting the cones, but the pigment defects that cause the cones to be less sensitive to certain colors could be compensated-for with glasses specifically tuned for that kind of pigment defect. One kind of defect is most common, but really this strikes me as the kind of product that should be prescribed by an eye doctor not marketed virally.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

mcbexx posted:

So he was.. fairly imbalanced?
https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/865194465400692736

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti
People pay hundreds for designer sunglasses like Oakleys and whatever, $350 for glasses that may fix your colorblindness doesn't seem like that bad of a deal.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Good.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
This one is new to me. Dude is a little aggressive.

https://youtu.be/nB8grYfr-UY

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

https://twitter.com/fart/status/865218577745362945

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

And, of course, the open truck bed full of pre-set rat traps.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I don't know who he is, but James is a really loving good boyfriend/husband/friend/whatever.

Lurkman
Nov 4, 2008

Mister Mind posted:

And, of course, the open truck bed full of pre-set rat traps.

https://twitter.com/imdanielfox/status/865195572671557633

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

`Nemesis posted:

People pay hundreds for designer sunglasses like Oakleys and whatever, $350 for glasses that may fix your colorblindness doesn't seem like that bad of a deal.

That was my thoughts too. It seems like a steal when you can pay $300 extra for literally just the addition of a desirable logo to a pair of sunglasses.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

`Nemesis posted:

And $500 for this tincture of snake that may fix your cancer is a total steal, when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Only if he can actually still feel anything from the neck down, or at all.

He can't feel anything, he's dead. Though he didn't die immediately.

http://www.aragondigital.es/noticia.asp?notid=125510

Translated posted:

The man who was hit by a bull last October 12 at the bullring in Zaragoza has died at 17h15 on Wednesday in the ICU of the Hospital Miguel Servet, as reported by the centre. Fernando Sancho, 45, was hit by a bull and fell into a bad position, instantly knocking him unconscious with multiple injuries. He was taken to hospital and admitted to the trauma ICU. The Federation Interpeñas Zaragoza have conveyed its deepest condolences on the passing of peñista Fernando Sancho. They have also expressed condolences to his family and to include all members of the club’s Albarda to which he belonged.

EDIT:

Basebf555 posted:

With the guillotine sure, but when they used axes sometimes you wouldn't get decapitated in the first swing...Or the second...Better hope they sever your spinal cord on the first swing so you don't feel anything.

RatHat has a new favorite as of 01:50 on May 19, 2017