Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Evil Fluffy posted:

I thought that outfit enabled the Evade active skill, not that it gave some passive evade rate?

Oh no, don't break my heart like that. You might be right. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
Spreadsheet updated with Type-0 GL release and the new JP changes: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1pzD9FLe60JW64CytiSiYqCZ2JjWScunjQpb2lmSw_Ok

Fiss
Jul 20, 2009

Dana Crysalis posted:

Oh no, don't break my heart like that. You might be right. :(

It sounds like its the passive evade http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Evade. You can see in there that Dracu Laswells TM gives the evade skill. Hopefully it is the passive.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master
Hey goons, I've been playing just about since launch in a casual-as-hell manner. Before I put myself on the spreadsheet, which of these eligible bachelors should I set as primary leader? They're pretty much my best dudes until I can either get Freyevia capped or get CoD a decent weapon. Exdeath has taken the spot for basically forever, but I just got Luneth geared up decently and Cecil's always been there for me.

Current main team is PCecil, CoD, Exdeath, Luneth, Refia.

Also I just got MEmu set up for TMR farming yesterday; right now my TMR team is Freyevia, Shantotto, 2x Leon, and Shine. Should I swap that to 4x Ludmille, 1x[Whatever] to get Refia a Dualcast ASAP? I have a ridiculous poo poo-ton of dupes for good utility TMRs like Zidane (6x) and three Setzers.

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!

redstormpopcorn posted:

Hey goons, I've been playing just about since launch in a casual-as-hell manner. Before I put myself on the spreadsheet, which of these eligible bachelors should I set as primary leader? They're pretty much my best dudes until I can either get Freyevia capped or get CoD a decent weapon. Exdeath has taken the spot for basically forever, but I just got Luneth geared up decently and Cecil's always been there for me.

Current main team is PCecil, CoD, Exdeath, Luneth, Refia.

Also I just got MEmu set up for TMR farming yesterday; right now my TMR team is Freyevia, Shantotto, 2x Leon, and Shine. Should I swap that to 4x Ludmille, 1x[Whatever] to get Refia a Dualcast ASAP? I have a ridiculous poo poo-ton of dupes for good utility TMRs like Zidane (6x) and three Setzers.

Sup Broon, make yourself comfortable. Generally speaking you want to set your strongest 5* Base unit as a friend. Except when you have a strong 4* base bonus/event unit that you can equip for your follow broons. (for instance right now a strong Firion)

Make sure to check out the wiki for unit rankings and other good stuff http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Final_Fantasy_Brave_Exvius_Wiki

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I've finished my first dual wield, so now I need to figure out where to put future moogles. My best choices from what I know:

Another dual wield(7%)
Excalibur (35%)
Quick Assault (12%)
Ring of the Lucii(30%)
Katana mastery(10%)
Bracer(0%)

My current setup has 2 setzers(one with second knife), Noctis(has my dw, durandal, genji blade), new mage/minfilia, Y'shtola.

I have a good selection of other 3 and 4 star units with decent TMs if my best option isn't listed here.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Fiss posted:

It sounds like its the passive evade http://exvius.gamepedia.com/Evade. You can see in there that Dracu Laswells TM gives the evade skill. Hopefully it is the passive.

Assassin Vest
+40 DEF +20 SPR
100% Poison/Paralyze resists
+10% Passive Evade

wooooooooooooooooo

Vax
Dec 29, 2011

delicious!
Memu 3.0.7 released. Lets see if its as stable as 3.0.3

http://www.memuplay.com/blog/index.php/2017/05/17/memu-3-0-7-is-released/

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Elza owners, 3 of her abilities (Madness Rush, Dark Reaper and Ravaging Blow) were added to the ability awakening database, so global exclusive awakenings are a thing now. It's likely she'll be getting some enhancements in the next batch or two.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Good thread up for Echidna fight preparation. Once again Marie is going to be MVP. I'll leave mine up for the short term then switch to a bonus character if I snag a King or Rem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6bvbut/echidna_trial_preparation/

He has a chance to either single target death or single target charm. Choose wisely who gets the safety bit. If somebody gets charmed, they are out for three turns. You may want to kill that person yourself and then full life them. For the five unit kill, I'm bringing Refia, Yshtola, Cecil, Marie, and Olive for DPS. I probably won't generate enough orbs for the esper kill, so I'll come back a second time with a Lightning.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 12:09 on May 18, 2017

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

welp

https://fat.gfycat.com/GlitteringThatAlbertosaurus.webm

2 Cids DRing on turn 1 brings her down to 50%
She was immune to breaks

Gyoru fucked around with this message at 14:04 on May 18, 2017

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

It's happened. I got Bediled.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Tried and failed. Was looking for a friend Noctis for the refresh, but none had confuse resist.

My party was,

TGC
TGC
Snow
Milifinia
Refia
Friend Noctis

At the end, I was having to DC raise and curaja and got behind by the time flare 2 came. Maybe 2 healers is the way to go.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

It took every half pull and an extra 9 tickets but I finally got a 3* base on banner character: Firion! :peanut: I didn't even see a Kain so I can't use the hoard of Gungir moogles I've pulled. Thanks Gumi!

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

BDawg posted:

Tried and failed. Was looking for a friend Noctis for the refresh, but none had confuse resist.

My party was,

TGC
TGC
Snow
Milifinia
Refia
Friend Noctis

At the end, I was having to DC raise and curaja and got behind by the time flare 2 came. Maybe 2 healers is the way to go.

Yeah, if anyone can toss up a Noctis with a ribbon and possibly safety bit that would be great. I don't have Ling so I got no MP battery with innate status immunity.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Tried again and took Golem off Snow... who doesn't have a native Provoke.

Hurf durf

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

I put my Noctis back up. He's stat-immune and has 100% dodge. Happy Echidnaing!

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!
I did it with Ling, Snow, Refia, 2xFryevia. Missed the esper kill but I'll get it later.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I am always jealous of all you people with real damage dealers and how easy these trials are.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Yay, got a 2nd Zyrus. Two Draco Rods for arena, woo!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

They've definitely did something with draco rod drops from the event because Ive gotten like 8 from the past 20k coins. Unheard of till now.

hamsystem
Nov 11, 2010

Fuzzy pickles!

Khisanth Magus posted:

I am always jealous of all you people with real damage dealers and how easy these trials are.

Honestly, while the damage dealers are nice, it's Ling that is usually the real MVP. MP battery and AOE raise/status cure owns bones.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I end up using CoD for like every trial/hard boss ever. She's my MVP personally. I probably slot her in more often than I do Olive.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I honestly wish I had more freyva friends rather than Cid's. With my 2 setzers with icebrands I can 1 round ELT bahamut with a 900 mag feyva , takes 2-3 turns with an equivalent Cid for me.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I end up using CoD for like every trial/hard boss ever. She's my MVP personally. I probably slot her in more often than I do Olive.

I have found the same thing. She is so drat versatile. She hits like a truck, and after I got the Thorned mace, she gained more traction. AoE attack debuff, coupled with elemental resistance (passive and ability) and barrage. PLUS she can equip just about any bar-spell.

I just ran Titian v2 with very few problems thanks to a Y'sh and Marie team up. After Y'sh first pro/shell she had a chance to heal and do damage on the same turn. Just kept the pattern on Marie.

Now I want to talk a minute about Rain. Love the guy. Once he got Undermine, he is the choice for a breaker. Now, why in the gently caress does he COVER a loving PROVOKED Cecil, I will never understand. He did this poo poo twice in a row. Raise, heal up, next turn covers Cecil while Cecil is covering Y'sh. Great unit but holy hell is he more suicidal than Medius.

Khisanth Magus posted:

I honestly wish I had more freyva friends rather than Cid's. With my 2 setzers with icebrands I can 1 round ELT bahamut with a 900 mag feyva , takes 2-3 turns with an equivalent Cid for me.

I got you fam. Once this awakening event kicks off I'll have mine maxed immediately, if not close. Currently sitting on 18 cactaur exp families. She won't be S grade likely...but her TMR and Letters in Arms are around 44% each.

hagie fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 18, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

hamsystem posted:

Honestly, while the damage dealers are nice, it's Ling that is usually the real MVP. MP battery and AOE raise/status cure owns bones.

Echoing the Ling love. The worst week in arena was when recovery abilities were disabled and Ling couldn't just save a status effect alpha strike with a quick Dance of Life. Build her like a tank and do one of her many dances, or even pass her LB to somebody who has a better one (like Noctis).

Lurkzilla
Aug 31, 2006
I don't have a ribbon yet, though it's on my tm farming team. In the meantime I threw a confuse resist accessory on Noctis if anyone wants to use it for the trial. Mid 900s attack depending on loadout.

Just cleared up some inactive friends, will make more room if there's enough demand.

516 884 547

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Mr. Swoon posted:

Can you make space to add people?

Lurkzilla posted:

I don't have a ribbon yet, though it's on my tm farming team. In the meantime I threw a confuse resist accessory on Noctis if anyone wants to use it for the trial. Mid 900s attack depending on loadout.

Just cleared up some inactive friends, will make more room if there's enough demand.

516 884 547

Added.

Ghostnuke
Sep 21, 2005

Throw this in a pot, add some broth, a potato? Baby you got a stew going!

Mr. Swoon posted:

Can he solo?

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

PaybackJack posted:

Can you make space to add people?

Still have plenty of friend space right now. I think we're already friends there?

For anyone else it's 226 372 592

Ghostnuke posted:

Can he solo?

I don't think anyone can solo her, because of the charm attack. He can still help carry a team, though.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Mr. Swoon posted:

Still have plenty of friend space right now. I think we're already friends there?

So we are. I look foolish because I added you before I made space and the game does a space check before it checks to see if you're already friends.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
Swapped my leader to 768 Noctis w/ Ribbon, Diabolos, no weapon elements.

IGN: okeydoke / 411 249 974

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 19:44 on May 18, 2017

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Ghostnuke posted:

Can he solo?

He can not.

Echidna's dark tornado thing eats him up.

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Dang it, this trial is going to take more than 30 seconds of thought. I'm sure I have enough TMs and good units, just didn't put them together right on the first attempt. What's the best damage strategy for the upside down tree looking thing?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

KDdidit posted:

Dang it, this trial is going to take more than 30 seconds of thought. I'm sure I have enough TMs and good units, just didn't put them together right on the first attempt. What's the best damage strategy for the upside down tree looking thing?

Put Diablos on your best ATK unit for Demon Killer.

I just completed it for the 5 man group using: Olive, Y'shtola, Refia, Snow and Badman's Noctis

Nobody died, and the team never got before 1k health, nor did I run into mana issues although I did use an item on the first turn to recover Y'shtola's stolen mana, I was purposefully breaking the run into 2 runs to get all the missions easier.

I whiffed on the trial twice before because of a couple things:

1) Tank with a lot of health and 100% cover. Snow was my man here. I threw 4x Hp +15%s on him and got him to just over 7k health. He was using a Jeweled Ring and a Safety Bit. This prevented Confuse/Stone/Death. You don't really care if he draws the Charm because provoke will still be up on him and he'll still draw attacks, meaning that his mana will always be 0% but from Noctis' refresh he'll always start his turn with enough to cast Provoke. On turns when I wasn't provoking with him, he was guarding.

2) The ability to inflict Silence and Darkness. After the 50% threshold, the boss will cast Tremor and Flare, but ONLY if it doesn't have to dispel *BOTH* of those ablities. Fire Flask works wonders here because it will inflict both of them. I also gave Snow the Mage Masher which he'd occasionally proc on his counter attacks. Those attacks wrecked me hard the first time around even with Shellga and BarStona up. That means the strongest attack she'll use on you will be Toxic Claw which if you have Protectga up, everyone should be able to soak, along with her other attacks with around 4k health.

3) I put Barstona and BarAerora on Y'shtola but the former was unnecessary. Snowstorm Shield if you were around for that event, will help balance the resists for Snow(using Golem) so he'll be with with just BarAerora.

4) Olive started the fight with 275mp, I used Noctis cover twice, and she didn't run out by the end, neither did anyone else important except Y'shtola who was the unlucky winner of the first turn "lose all your mana" move.

I'll run it again later for the "No Item" and "Kill with an Esper" missions now and I can toss Bartz into my 6th slot for his elixir battery.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 21:39 on May 18, 2017

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Khisanth Magus posted:

You can add me! Just broke 800 on my Frye with my second Letters & Arms, and need to rotate a lot of dead friends:

Also looking for any other Fryes, because Frye+Frye chaining is easy and beautiful.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i want the stupid 5% trust moogle from this bahamut event because my olive is at 83% on sparky and obviously i want it sooner, but ugh trying to stay in the top 30k is miserable. i always squeak back in but if i dont on the clock make sure to get my charges in every five hours i drop to 35k+ and 40 when i sleep. i think its probably not even worth it and i just need to turn memu on

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Niton posted:

You can add me! Just broke 800 on my Frye with my second Letters & Arms, and need to rotate a lot of dead friends:

Also looking for any other Fryes, because Frye+Frye chaining is easy and beautiful.

sent you a request as my Fryevia v1 will be up tomorrow or Saturday.

you are at capacity, shoot me an invite 878 326 285

hagie fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 19, 2017

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Hour and a half fight cause I hosed up my team selection for the no items mission. I had Bartz and Mr. Swoons 100% dodge Noctis. (Who is fan-loving-tastic by the way.)

Let's burn a ticket in celebration!

Today was a good day...
:getin:

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 02:26 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.

rabidsquid posted:

i want the stupid 5% trust moogle from this bahamut event because my olive is at 83% on sparky and obviously i want it sooner, but ugh trying to stay in the top 30k is miserable. i always squeak back in but if i dont on the clock make sure to get my charges in every five hours i drop to 35k+ and 40 when i sleep. i think its probably not even worth it and i just need to turn memu on

That's odd. I've wasted a ton of orbs sleeping and even a few during the day just not paying attention and I'm like 27k. Are the points you get from each run based on damage as well? Or just coins?

• Locked thread