Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

Lurdiak posted:

That was a different character, I think he goes by Shazam.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Hey guys, I think we're more or less on track to finish up our guild multiverse events before we run out of time, but I still think it'd be fun to flood in and see what the # of player bonuses do for us!

As such, I have started a spreadsheet for those of you in Goons Among Us:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lOnl3O2Q9jTGtm_Pcl_ZTlOogAapaxNV2Lvv9Ndgx8c/edit?usp=sharing

This should give us a rough timetable of when we can get a lot of dudes online at once, I hope!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
of course amazon lost my order

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

I'll probably grind my face against some of the guild metaverse poo poo today. One had some modifier that prevented specials. That kinda sucked rear end.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah, the no specials modifier is only for the first fight of that set of 5, the second fight has tornados, the third has super speed, the 4th is a black lantern, and the 5th is the ultra-lame one where the other guy has regenerating meter and a super that instantly kills you.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

I'll work some more on the guild multiverse tonight when I can. Since it sounds like not everyone has gotten their copy yet, tomorrow evening and Saturday I'll probably set up a lobby for goof off play if there's sufficient interest. I'll post the details when I set it up.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Jimmy Hats posted:

Hey guys, I think we're more or less on track to finish up our guild multiverse events before we run out of time, but I still think it'd be fun to flood in and see what the # of player bonuses do for us!

As such, I have started a spreadsheet for those of you in Goons Among Us:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1lOnl3O2Q9jTGtm_Pcl_ZTlOogAapaxNV2Lvv9Ndgx8c/edit?usp=sharing

This should give us a rough timetable of when we can get a lot of dudes online at once, I hope!

Thanks for this.

There's a second guild for those left out of Goons Among Us. Hop on board for all the loving bronze boxes you could ever want!

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
I break girls in like baseball gloves
What's the guild ID?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Doctor_Acula posted:

I made a second PS4 guild.
Come join Goon Patrol.
WCDJA

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Carebearz posted:

It always seems like Fate gets owned, but then the Helmet exploits some magical loophole and undoes everything bad that happens to him (for the most part).
So in IJ2 it seems Fate's only purpose is to hurl his human puppet into the fists of everyone he comes across while sounding like a streetcorner preacher heralding the end of the world. After the good doctor is repeatedly beaten senseless, his helmet is removed, he blubbers like a baby about the big bad spirit, and the helmet doesn't do poo poo until it's back on someone's head.

Voting dweeb.

edit: to be clear, I like him, but he seems like a fun punching bag

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 16:18 on May 18, 2017

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Whoever was playing atrocitus was amazing. (I was WW, yeah I didn't last long). I was trying to fing my headphones but I threw them across the room because I got tired of being called a fag. You were great!

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Whoever was playing atrocitus was amazing. (I was WW, yeah I didn't last long). I was trying to fing my headphones but I threw them across the room because I got tired of being called a fag. You were great!

Create a chat party through the console menu and set it to prioritize group chat. No more racist homophobic morons in your ear.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
No clue how to do that I'd just rather just plug them in when I know I am playing with someone who isn't a douchbag.. haha! (Either way I still don't know where I threw them haha!)

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
Apparently if you press Triangle on the home screen, it'll pop up a shortcut menu for several game modes (i.e practice, guild battles, etc). Pretty neat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think it's the last 3 you chose, but not necessarily played.

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Ok, in the second goon guild. Doing some stuff now :cool:

edit: what the gently caress is up with this boss Cheetah. I've lost to her about 15 times already.

edit 2: ok, she's a bitch, but I beat her.

Seymour Butts fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 18, 2017

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Seymour Butts posted:

edit: what the gently caress is up with this boss Cheetah. I've lost to her about 15 times already.

Gotta do it with 2 other people. You get a platinum chest a result so it's worth it. You watch the other person play and you have 3 different assists based on your character that you can help them out with.

That's what

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Was referring to. It's actually kinda fun. I like the non-competitive stuff in this game.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Seymour Butts posted:

She is very high level so her stats/gear are very strong. The game recommends you be level 20+ before you even challenge her. I'm level 18 and can only do about 50% dmg.

Also she is 4/5 difficulty which means she is Netherrealm hard: basically netherrealm kind of sucks poo poo at programming AI and she is going to mercilessly button read you. Don't press buttons if they aren't immediately going to do something i.e. don't do wake-up attacks.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

My copy finally shipped and should get here tonight. What's the Xbox guild?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
Is there a way to tell who you've beat arcade mode with? Any way to view the ending cutscenes?

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I'm gonna be only tonight looking to get a few Cheetah clears in myself! I will yell for help.

Hail Mr. Satan!
Oct 3, 2009

by zen death robot
What's the fastest way to level a character anyhow? Darkseid is my highest and he's only 14

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress

hup posted:

My copy finally shipped and should get here tonight. What's the Xbox guild?

You're looking for Goonrilla Grodd, ID is 02FRM

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Thanks!

Carebearz
May 6, 2008

CARE BEAR STARE

:regd10:

HebrewMagic posted:

You're looking for Goonrilla Grodd, ID is 02FRM

speaking of that, I sent a request to join with a joke about how stairs are great because they give you a whole new level of walking

WarEternal
Dec 26, 2010

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

frakeaing HAMSTER DANCE posted:

What's the fastest way to level a character anyhow? Darkseid is my highest and he's only 14

Winning matches, that's about it. If you just want to be cheesy, going to Single Fight and repeatedly playing the AI on very easy is probably the best way? Since you can just hit re-start and reloading the same stage doesn't take very much time.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I'll add y'all in a bit, I'm away from home with my partner currently.

seriously who's balls do I gotta drain to get the XB1 guild added to the OP

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Did any of us NOT reference stairs when asking to join goon guilds??

Mine was "Do you have stairs in your multiverse?"

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

I never thought I would like a fighting game but the solo content has really drawn me in. I feel like Catwoman is really great but that is probably just because I'm spammy/bad and she's fast

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

I think we all just accept stairs as our Manchurian trigger word that activates the unconscious goon programming

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

A filthy casuals hot take after playing through half of the story mode last night:

Good:
Flash
Green Lantern
Harley
Batman

Not as good:
Green Arrow
Blue Beetle

Overall, game is great.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

The Fool posted:

Not as good:
Green Arrow

Uh? Boxing glove arrow?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
personally I love Green Arrow, both for his horrible fashion and his great moves

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

green arrow is great and I love his air arrow spread attack, great fuckoff attack.

Maybe just me but the guild multiverse opponents feel like they're stronger than normal Multiverse enemies. Had my rear end kicked by a souped up Darkseid with alt abilities a few times. Similarly the Superman battle at the end of the Omega planet was pretty tough---he actually meter rolled and closed in despite Omega beam zoning I was doing.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
also I've hit the point in fighting games for me where I have like 4 characters I love enough to want to focus on, is there some 'optimal' way to level or am I good just fuckin around multiverse and all?

Seymour Butts
Jun 26, 2003
Ok, I've beat Cheetah solo 3 times now. Anyone gonna help me out :cool:

edit: 4 times

Seymour Butts fucked around with this message at 19:09 on May 18, 2017

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AM4IIFsj0

Boon claims that Red Hood was the most requested character, Starfire's super has her going supernova and that yes, there's another guest character coming.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6AM4IIFsj0

Boon claims that Red Hood was the most requested character, Starfire's super has her going supernova and that yes, there's another guest character coming.

Did you spam votes for Red Hood?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Norns posted:

Did you spam votes for Red Hood?

Winning votes is just kinda Jason Todd's thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Are servers seriously down again lol

• Locked thread