Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Cythereal posted:

For heaven's sake, Ophelia, please put some clothes on. Or at least some pants.
It appears to be a rule for Dark Mages/Sorcerers in both Awakening and especially Fates: pants are forbidden, no questions asked. But yes, Ophelia is one of the better children characters on both a mechanical and personality level. True, she's very much "Owain, but as a girl" often, but the writers manage to add in just a few quirks and details that allow Ophelia to stand on her own and not completely a xerox copy of her father.

Also, why Silas at the end? Why not have Leo be there and realize that yes, Owain's eccentric personality is in fact genetic, not a bonus feature?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

AradoBalanga posted:

It appears to be a rule for Dark Mages/Sorcerers in both Awakening and especially Fates: pants are forbidden, no questions asked. But yes, Ophelia is one of the better children characters on both a mechanical and personality level. True, she's very much "Owain, but as a girl" often, but the writers manage to add in just a few quirks and details that allow Ophelia to stand on her own and not completely a xerox copy of her father.

Also, why Silas at the end? Why not have Leo be there and realize that yes, Owain's eccentric personality is in fact genetic, not a bonus feature?

Unless I'm misremembering, Odin joins earlier than his boss, so it's entirely possible to unlock this map without Leo. Thus, they couldn't include him in the scene because you might not HAVE him.

As to why Silas in particular... I got nothin'.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
You can in fact unlock this map immediately after recruiting Odin in chapter 8, when you don't even have enough units to fill in the spots. It makes this map a lot harder, at least if you want to pick up all the treasure, but having Ophelia handy also makes chapter 10 a fair bit easier.

LEGO Genetics
Oct 8, 2013

She growls as she storms the stadium
A villain mean and rough
And the cops all shake and quiver and quake
as she stabs them with her cuffs
Is it even possible to support grind Odin and Elise enough in chapters 8/9? I mean his only other marriage options would Felicia if you had M!Avatar and Nyx/Azura, both in chapter 9.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

LEGO Genetics posted:

Is it even possible to support grind Odin and Elise enough in chapters 8/9? I mean his only other marriage options would Felicia if you had M!Avatar and Nyx/Azura, both in chapter 9.

You can use DLC maps and fight on other players' maps. You don't get experience (except for the grinding map) from them on Conquest, but you do get the points towards supports.

Also, at least Odin has been to Ophelia's Deeprealm enough for her to both copy his quirks and not have obvious abandonment issues, and for him to be fully aware of his daughter's personality, which makes him one of the better fathers. Many of the other fathers have no idea what their kids act like at the time we meet them.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Finally reaching the Wind Tribe made me remember that Leo has a goddamn teleportation spell. The curse of Corrin weakening our own party.

We seriously could've skipped at least half the game by just teleporting to the Rainbow Sage, because I literally did that last game.

The Wind Tribe refuses to let us pass through their territory. They said if we even set one foot on their land, they'll attack. Big meanies!
Don't worry, Elise. We'll figure something out.
It's quite bothersome, darling. The Wind Tribe is supposed to be neutral. What's more, cutting through their village is the only safe option we have left.
Big ol' liars! They're about as neutral as...um... Oh, you know what I mean!

That can only mean one thing... They hate Nohr. Or women. Or just Nohrian women.
Elise, you silly thing. I did not use wiles of any kind, my love.
But you may have a point about them hating Nohr. Long ago, their village was attacked by Faceless, sent there by Nohrian mages. That said, I'm afraid there's probably little we can do to win the over.

Oh right, that thing. You know, about Faceless being so bad that you see it in Nohrian cities? That's why the public lives in the sewers?

No? Still not actually shown two games in? Okay.

Hmmm.
Well, something must be done. I'm going to try reasoning with them one more time.
You are? Oh, little Corrine! Are you sure that's a good idea?
It's our only option, I'm afraid. If that attack still has them apprehensive, I'll apologize on Nohr's behalf.

Just don't mention that you just massacred a village of Kitsune to get here.

Aww, what a sweet little sister I have!
But, darling, what if they don't listen? What if they try to attack you?! The thought is just too much to bear!
I appreciate your concern, Camilla, but I'll be fine!
We must end this war as soon as possible. We haven't a moment to lose.
As wielder of the Yato, it is my duty to do whatever I can to bring peace to the world.

Kill Garon. Literally kill Garon right now.

Wait here for me, OK? This may take a while, but I'm certain we'll eventually come to an understanding.
Oh, Corrine... Be so careful.

*A moment later*

Ho ho, I can see the fierce determination blazing in your eyes, outsider.
Ah. Can you? That's...good. Erm... Who are you?

Hey Fuga. Don't ask how we got past that army of Hoshidans.

Oh! Sorry, I had no idea. I am Princess Corrine of Nohr. May I request an audience with you?
Hmm. I was informed there were outsiders at the entrance of my village. Not just any outsiders, but ones claiming to be Nohrian royalty. I am intrigued.

I will hear what you have to say.
You will?! Thank you!
Yes, but not here. The winds cry out with a ferocity no mortal could hope to rival. We shall venture to my castle, Reppu. There, your story will be heard.

Since when did you have a castle??

...Corrine, is it? In time I will require some information. It's about that blade you grasp. Come.

Yeah, for her "Peace talk" she's got that huge glowing sword just swinging around.

Yes, please keep zooming it more. That will convince people that it's for Good

*Time passes*

Just this once, I will allow your army to pass through this village. I will alert my people that you are welcomed guests who are not to be disturbed.
Thank you so much, sir!

Finally, no fighting

Oh, but before I depart... You said there was something you wanted to ask me?
Yes. It is about that golden blade of yours. That is the legendary Yato, is it not?
Yes, it is. How did you know?
I used to be close friends with Sumeragi, the former king of Hoshido. I was always enthralled by the various Hoshidan legends he shared with me. The legend behind that blade of yours particularly captured my imagination...

But wouldn't that make you...our enemy?

Are you trying to start fights?

Calm yourself, young princess. That was many years ago. My tribe has since adopted a policy of neutrality in regard to this war. Though Sumeragi was a friend of mine, we are not allied with Hoshido. However...

How many goddamn neutral parties are there

What's wrong?
That divine Yato is the key to the Seal of Flames. Sumeragi once warned me...that if it fell into the wrong hands, it would lead to our world's destruction.
I would never let that happen! This blade...it chose me. The Rainbow Sage told me it was my destiny to wield it.

So...is Seal of Flames code word for Operation Chair Garon?

But are you truly worthy? I believe a test is in order. If you are unworthy of wielding the Yato, I will pry it from your dead hands!
What?! But you just said that we could pass through here safely!

You kept asking for a fight

If not, the blade will fail you, and I shall take up its noble cause in your stead.

I'd play that.

Please, wait! I don't want to fight you!
Don't worry, Corrine. Just show him what you're made of. This battle is no different than all the other ones we've fought and won.
You can do this. You're stronger now than I ever could have imagined. Your family is behind you all the way. Together, we shall prevail.
Ho ho, what have we here? Two more wielders of legendary weapons! The glistening metal of Siegfried working alongside the ancient pages of Brynhildr... This fight will be the stuff of legends!

I will gather my best soldiers, including one nearly as skilled as myself...
Hayato!

HAH

A child? You expect me to clash blades with a cute little boy?!
I am no child, fool. My name is Hayato. You should thank the gods you have the chance to face one as talented as I am.
Um, right. OK then.
He sure is confident for someone so...diminutive. He looks shorter than Elise.

Really? Now is the time??

What?! What does height have to do with anything? Foul beast!
Fuga! We're not gonna let her get away with insulting our honor are we?!
Ho ho ho. If you're that angry, then exact your revenge on the battlefield. You are the most talented mage in the entire village, young one. Unleash your power, and show these outsiders the Wind Tribe's might!
Hmph, like I'm even capable of holding back.

This would be slightly more threatening if you didn't literally end the game as level 1 in Birthright.

Come find us when you are ready to meet your fate head-on.
If this is how it must be, so be it.

Another Dragon Vein gimmick map which basically involves manipulation of the winds to ride them...somehow. Enemy units are really scaling up high now, as 20 across the board has become the norm alongside nasty skills.

Stats: https://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=147605

Bench a character, permanent spot for least voted: http://www.strawpoll.me/12994598

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Tae posted:

This would be slightly more threatening if you didn't literally end the game as level 1 in Birthright.

Yeah, but that's because your voters have an irrational hatred of the "callow youth wants to be viewed as a grown up because being treated like a kid sucks" trope. :v:

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Urgh, this map. This is way more annoying than it should be. I honestly like the one in Birthright better simply because that one isn't slaved to a very frustrating gimmick.

So, guess which Wind Tribe map Revelation will be using. :sigh:

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Im the weirdo that actually loved this map.

Also you monsters want to abandon our dear arthur a second time merely because he has had a bazillion terribad levels. Shame on you!

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Just beat this map for the first time last night on Hard/Classic.

I despise this map.

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

This was my favorite map on Conquest, thanks to how much you have to plan ahead in it. Having a ton of fliers miiiight have helped but I always look forward to this map in particular.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...is it weird that we've oopsed our way into so many fights to the death that actually having somebody come out and say it is kind of refreshing?

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

W.T. Fits posted:

Yeah, but that's because your voters have an irrational hatred of the "callow youth wants to be viewed as a grown up because being treated like a kid sucks" trope. :v:

In my case it was just because I didn't want to sit through Tae grinding up a drastically underlevelled unit with subpar growths. Really, Hayato would be SO MUCH BETTER if he just started about 5-10 levels higher, with appropriate stats. As he is, though? I have little patience for babying units.

Camel Pimp
May 17, 2008

This poster survived LPing Lunar: Dragon Song. Let's give her a hand.

Glazius posted:

...is it weird that we've oopsed our way into so many fights to the death that actually having somebody come out and say it is kind of refreshing?

Normally, I really hate the trope of "now I shall test you" as an excuse for action or gameplay, but considering how stupid everything has been so far, yeah it's a vast improvement. Also, it is one of the better maps in the game, so that helps.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.
As someone who uses every flyer he can, I loved this map. You can skate around and pick off targets while keeping your infantry units as stat backpacks until they're needed.

AweStriker
Oct 6, 2014

W.T. Fits posted:

I for one have a major bias towards magic users. I don't recall ever voting Hayato out.

TeeQueue
Oct 9, 2012

The time has come. Soon, the bell shall ring. A new world will come. Rise, my servants. Rise and serve me. I am death and life. Darkness and light.
Does anyone know if in the original Japanese script did they call it the Seal of Flames too? I've always wondered if that was deliberate or if they call it the Fire Emblem and the English translation somehow got messed up.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.

Dark Flame Master posted:

Does anyone know if in the original Japanese script did they call it the Seal of Flames too? I've always wondered if that was deliberate or if they call it the Fire Emblem and the English translation somehow got messed up.
I seem to recall reading somewhere that it's the same in Japanese to an extent. The Seal of Flames is written as that phrase would be in Japanese (Honou no... something, I don't remember). Since I don't think it's a spoiler to say that something in a Fire Emblem game eventually gets called the Fire Emblem, I can also say that I think in the Japanese script it's written in katakana as Faiaa Emburemu, the same as the title of the game.

My memory's a bit hazy on this though so I could be completely talking out of my rear end.

TheOneAndOnlyT fucked around with this message at 08:11 on May 19, 2017

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Voting will end in an hour. Tight race between Beruka/Arthur/Leo.

...Why the sudden hate on Leo

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
His personal weapon is meh and everyone else is either in a dlc class or getting really good levels?

Idk, that's my reasoning

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beruka's out. No fly zone.

Krumbsthumbs
Oct 23, 2010

2nd Place.
1st Loser.

Tae posted:

Beruka's out. No fly zone.

As much as I have been pulling for her, she wasn't keeping up in strength and speed so it was probably time. I swear she's good though! Just... not this time.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
So, uh, Echoes just came out, and holy hell does it do Fates's plot a heck of a lot better than Fates itself did.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Junpei posted:

So, uh, Echoes just came out, and holy hell does it do Fates's plot a heck of a lot better than Fates itself did.

What's better/worse is that Echoes is a remake/expansion of Gaiden. So basically, Fates did Gaiden's plot a heck of a lot worse.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

If you guys wanna take Echoes talk to the thread itself, feel free. I kinda don't want people being spoiled by it randomly here because most westerners never played Gaiden and there's a lot of new stuff in Echoes regardless.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

Tae posted:

If you guys wanna take Echoes talk to the thread itself, feel free. I kinda don't want people being spoiled by it randomly here because most westerners never played Gaiden and there's a lot of new stuff in Echoes regardless.

My apologies.

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

Tae posted:

Sorry.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

This map isn't that bad I guess but after Ninja Hell and Fox Hell, a gimmick map that doesn't telegraph how, exactly, its gimmick is gonna change every turn was not what I felt like playing.

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
While a bunch of the other maps forced me to take them slowly due to their gimmicks, this one is just annoying. I don't know how to put it into words, I just have zero fun navigating this one, even though it's not really difficult.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Beruka's gone, Leo's suddenly back. I don't...okay.

So this is the gimmick: There's these graphic winds that up south-north (Yellow) or North-South (brown). There IS an actual, consistent pattern every five turns.

Turn 1 - x ↓ x ↑ x
Turn 2 - ↑ x x ↓ x
Turn 3 - x ↓ ↑ ↓ ↑
Turn 4 - ↑ x ↑ x ↑
Turn 5 - x ↓ x ↓ x
Turn 6 - ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑ ↑

If you're reading that right, yes there is a sequence in which you will go up no matter what. And enemies are only affected by the winds if you use a Dragon Vein.

The first order of business is to have Charlotte fly over and solo that group of Spear Masters with ruthless abandon.

Meanwhile, Ophelia rides with her father and solos the group of casters in the southwest.

She picks up a +MAG/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES level and Vengeance for her efforts.

Charlotte picks up another patented Charlotte level, as the rest of the team's been chilling until a favorable wind pattern shows up.

Eh good enough?

Yes, Ophelia summons the magic gateway by kicking the spirit into this dimension.

Elise is a monster at hitting stuff with a steel-esque weapon. Especially since she can tank opposing mages fairly well. Even better than Leo, with literal anti-magic super weapon.

Oh, he's humble when he gets a 2-statter, but when he gets a 5-statter he gets greedy with "NOT ENOUGH!!!"

The biggest obstacles that flood the field are Kinshi Knights to eliminate the easy method of flying across the map since it's a seize mission.

Thanks to voting shenanigans, my best tools against sky knights are Laslow and Effie's anti-beast weapons instead of...you know, bows.

Dark Falcons can also use lances, if anyone forgot.

Effie picks up a +HP/STR/LCK/DEF/RES level for the support.

I guess I should mention that there's a Priestess constantly using Silence but meh, Silence is a useless thing.

Random kills among this terrible wind graphic. If nothing else, this map is an eye sore even if it was good.

Was that a crit?? I couldn't see through all this WIND

Odin gets to lvl 25 for a +HP/STR/SKL/LCK/RES level and gets Rally Movement.

This wind thing is such a mess.

Cleaning up the western fliers before proceeding to the Hayato zone.

Well aren't you huge. Discounting the skills because dear god Vantage+Luna, his stats are good enough for endgame Birthright. Most of my units barely hit 20 speed, let alone 25.

We...don't talk about Beruka anymore.

So I'm actually going to not fight Hayato now and instead focus on those casters coming from the eastern bridge. Gotta love non-moving boss units.

Charlotte and Ophelia aerial bomb this platform into oblivion.

Xander and Effie somehow got to the top of the map because of the wind. Well, they're going to stay there for a while because Conquest AI won't bother touching them.

Another reason why this map is so chaotic is that unless you're really checking the whole map, enemies just pop into your view and you kill them and have no idea where they came from. Like this guy.

I thought the chosen hero would be a warrior, but you're bark than bite.
I'm being ridiculed...by a child. *sigh*
When Fuga told me I'd be battling someone as strong as he was...you're not exactly what I had in mind.
I TOLD you I'm not child! Do not underestimate me, fool! Prepare to crumble beneath the weight of my magic!
Do your worst, kid!

Corrine, you are like the last person to talk like you're the mature one....

Oh god, how did this happen

Arthur's had practice on this.

He gets +SKL/SPD/LCK/DEF/RES for that good parental parenting

Hmph! You're stronger...than you appear...

So uh...yeah. Ophelia just solo-ed that entire platform. I guess she's a keeper.

Minutes later, she came over and finished off the standstill between the wind soldiers and Effie/Xander.

Luck being the only growth for bad levels always amuses me for some reason.

Ah yes, the best part of an awkward end of map: Looting while everyone sits on their butts for 20 turns.

Fuga is more annoying than actually threatening. It's really weird that he's worse than Hayato.

Enemy reinforcements showed up right when Laslow got to the northwestern platform, but a Beast dagger is enough to solo the group.

Elise and Corrine take care of the mid eastern group of Kinshi Kinghts because I dunno, they got just there via random wind.

Man, that outfit is terrible without the cape.

Also these jokers came out of the staircase. So many reinforcements in an already tedious map.

Charlotte gets her usual +HP/STR/SKL/SPD level.

My turns are going to be so inflated by this. But 10k gold!!

Prove to me and to yourself that you are worthy to wield the divine Yato!
I used to wonder myself if I was worthy. But now that I stand before you...All of my doubts have fallen away upon the wind. Behold my power!

The "power" being Draoonic Hex effectively negating that base defense tile.

The last chest being a Dragonstone+. Ugh, I should've just skipped it honestly.

This map is not hard persay, just annoying and long in all the wrong ways.

What, her thong?

Fuga drops a skill book and that ends it.

Tae fucked around with this message at 03:38 on May 21, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Is it finally time to give out the witch mark yet?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

The Horse Spirit kick gif is missing.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Hunt11 posted:

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!

Hunt11 posted:

Sorcerers get bowbreakers, which in and of itself is a sufficient reason to not make Ophelia a witch.

The Golux
Feb 18, 2017

Internet Cephalopod

inthesto posted:

Sorcerers get bowbreakers, which in and of itself is a sufficient reason to not make Ophelia a witch.

Maybe after that though.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

inthesto posted:

Warp is a much better skills then bowbreaker.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

I'm so glad we had yet another meaningless battle in a row, Fuga.

I see now you truly are worthy of wielding the Yato. The divine blade chose well.
Do you truly believe that?

What exactly did she do to "show it off" well? Did it start glowing in a purple light only royals can activate? I never got it when stories do this.

...Thank you.
I'm...I'm so happy!

I'm just so grateful to finally put my own doubts to rest.
All this time, I've struggled with the question of whether or not I'm worthy... Whether or not I chose the right path... Whether I can truly use this divine blade to bring peace to the world...

What does the sword do. Nothing about this plan to put Garon in a chair requires a sword.

For our fated hero, she's so...humble. It's odd!
Worry not, young princess. Your power is beyond question, and your aim is true. No matter what path you walk or which kingdom you fight for... I am certain you will always make the right choice and use that blade for good.
Thank you, Fuga.
Hmph, fine. If Fuga accepts you as a hero, I suppose I must do the same.
Thanks, Hayato. Glad to hear it.

Divine blade or no divine blade, I won't tolerate a defeat! While you're off saving the world, I'm going to keep training. When this war is over, come face me again. If you have the guts, that is.
Haha, I better end this war soon then. I don't need you getting any stronger!
Hmph, you speak the truth. I look forward to our rematch. Good luck, Corrine. May the winds be ever at your back.
Come, Corrine. I will show your people the way through our village.

*Fuga and Hayato leave*

The battles ahead will be our most difficult yet. Prepare yourself.
I'm ready. As ready as I'll ever be...

Upgraded shops level 3

Finishing up chapter 20 gives access to the level 3 shops.

New stuff is in like the Fortify Staff, Dragon and Beastones for some reason, and stat boosters. The most important stat booster are probably the Arms Scrolls because leveling weapon ranks are a huge pain.

The most important additions to the weapon shop are Brave weapons. They're the same as most other Fire Emblem games, with low might but allows a unit to attack twice for every regular attack phase. The downsides to them in Fates are that you have -4 DEF/RES while using them.

Not exactly a problem with units like Charlotte who value attacks above anything else and her fragility is so low in the first place.

Brave Lance is arguably Effie's best weapon, because the doubling effect is separate from speed, so it's not affected by Wary Fighter. That's right, Effie can attack twice when hitting stuff, as if she wasn't strong enough. Same reason why I might put the Brave Axe on Percy because he has the same trick.

Ninjas/Servants get the Soldier's Knife as their brave weapon types, which trades in the reduced defenses for halving your attack strength until your next attack. That's probably way better than the standard brave weapon because you don't about counterkills after your initiative attack.

Bow users get the Crescent Bow as theirs, but literally no one on the current available roster can use it.

Ah, Iago's preferred weapon of choice.

MightyPretenders
Feb 21, 2014

Yeah, no. No one should be telling Corrine that she can't make mistakes.

From a utilitarian standpoint, picking Nohr put us in a position to keep the Ice Tribe from being put down by Hans, but we lost Cheve in return. For some reason we ran into Keaton instead of Kaden (even though logically they were at the same place in the same time. IE, a matter of chance rather than choice) but all we know for sure is that we didn't personally wipe out Mount Gaorou, and we picked a fight with the Kitsune instead. And so on.

So, a 1 to 1 trade. Not quite, as it turns out. Going along with Garon led to the death of the Rainbow Sage, who - dumb tests aside - knows a lot about the world that our protagonists had no other way to find out. Also, it's a certainty that we're going to lead Hans, Iago, and Garon right through Hoshidan population centers - massive civilian casualties that the Birthright path has no direct counterpart for.

CptWedgie
Jul 19, 2015

Hunt11 posted:

Warp is a much better skills then bowbreaker.

I dunno, I make a point of putting Bowbreaker on all my flying units even if I have to make a separate run just to teach it to them; that pesky "triple weapon Might" thing isn't very intimidating when they've got around 10% chance to hit.

Anyway, as to the alleged "plan" the player's forced to go with in Conquest: As already stated, there is literally no reason to bother with it in-universe, and the only out-of-universe excuses are "padding the game" and "we had to make an excuse to have you fight the Hoshido royals, so we made the player's ENTIRE ARMY a bunch of retards."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

MightyPretenders posted:

So, a 1 to 1 trade. Not quite, as it turns out. Going along with Garon led to the death of the Rainbow Sage, who - dumb tests aside - knows a lot about the world that our protagonists had no other way to find out.

About this specific point, it's implied that the Rainbow sage is going to die in Birthright, just not in front of us, like in Conquest.

As for attacking Hoshido, remember that Corrine avoids killing people, compared to Birthright, where she isn't avoiding deaths. If anything, more people ultimately die in Birthright than in Conquest.

• Locked thread