Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

IAmTheRad posted:

A 4.1GB patch for Endless Space 2 just dropped.

Perhaps they decided to drop the game a day early.

Also RPS has a review. It's 'RPS Recommended' if you don't want to read it.

The new patch is 1.0. Here's the patch notes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Dropped a day early. Horray!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Time to play! Might give Riftborn a go.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

IAmTheRad posted:

Dropped a day early. Horray!

Awesome, and the Bundle Stars deal is still going for another 6 hours so you can sneak in there and get the game for $25 still.

I'd love to hear some more impressions from peeps here on the release version, especially from people who weren't huge fans of ES1 or Stellaris. Might end up pulling the trigger if things turned out well enough :shepspends:

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Angry Diplomat posted:

There are some exceptions, of course. IIRC bog-standard Cultists clock in at like 110 points or something nuts like that.

Cease to Hope posted:

this is largely a product of their trait that prevents them from conquering other cities being rated as an extremely expensive positive trait IIRC

Elaborating on this with a little more effort (and a correction):

A civ's unswappable gimmick (along with its units and storyline) is free in EL, but that free trait is not always their most important ability. Some civs can swap their main gimmick and thus have to pay points for it. For example, Broken Lords can't swap out buying pops and healing armies with dust, so they get their best quality for free. Vanilla Broken Lords are 55/80 trait points, and they're the most lopsided faction for gimmick custom builds. Wild Walkers are in the same boat: while their unchangeable trait (seeing enemies in FOW) isn't anything special, their extremely easy and fast main quest is free, so they really only pay for their starting techs and extra Industry from forests.

Cultists, on the other hand, pay 40(!) points for their ability to convert villages, which is apparently an ability you can buy for any faction! (Their free feature is no settlers and level 3 districts.) They also pay 15 points to be unable to conquer other civs' cities. Vaulters are the most lopsided, since their holy resource is their free quality, and they have to pay for their extra science and extra fortifications and their three special techs, coming in at a total of 105/80. Roving Clans are also weirdly lopsided at 80/80: their free core quality is moving their cities, and everything else costs trait points.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

- AI factions do not build carriers/large sized ships during gameplay

:sigh:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Is there still nothing I can do with all these loving luxuries I have laying around aside from system upgrades?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Yeah, the 'known issues' section is worth noting, just to be cautious of a few things:

quote:

Final Reward of the Rifborn has no effect yet
Known issue: the AI is a bit reluctant to fight against Arks in early/mid game
FPS drops drastically during the planet destruction cutscene for a few seconds
Game session can remain stuck during the End Turn sequence while in a Pending state
The user does not receive the reward after “The cult of the strongman” United Empire faction quest is completed
Unfallen users cannot use the spaceport <- not sure what this means. Is it gamebreaking?
Several factions traits on custom factions are not functional yet
AI factions do not build carriers/large sized ships during gameplay
ENFER ship cannot be dragged into the hangar
Title staggers during gameplay in the later turns of a session
The cutscene for gas planet destruction is missing
Several bits of texts are still in English in some languages
Saves will be broken if you are saving your game during the quest "Preserve the Academy"
Narrator and faction voice over during the beginner tutorial is missing
Tutorials about battle results and blockade are not triggered
Vodyani Quest Chapter 1 new objective is to exterminate pirates which are not necessarily on their own constellation: the translation keeps the old objective hint.
Vodyani Quest Chapter 1 Part 2 Second choice will not work with custom faction
Never show the planet scanview keys when in ground battle
Planet scan view is incomplete
[MAC] The minor and major factions influence area can be seen through the fog of war

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Is there still nothing I can do with all these loving luxuries I have laying around aside from system upgrades?

you can use them to encourage the growth of certain pop species, but that's useless, so you dump them on the market

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Cease to Hope posted:

you can use them to encourage the growth of certain pop species, but that's useless, so you dump them on the market

How do you sell on the market? I only see options to buy.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, the 'known issues' section is worth noting, just to be cautious of a few things:

quote:

Unfallen users cannot use the spaceport <- not sure what this means. Is it gamebreaking?

Probably not. "Spaceport" is the feature that lets you move pops from one system to another. If you're Cravers it's a pretty big part of minmaxing micro, but I've found it to be of middling-low importance for other factions.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Colonizing planets has little cutscenes now. It's well sexy.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Unfallen don't need to use Spaceports. Hell, they don't even get Colony ships. They expand with huge giant Space Vines, and once the vine expands to a system that has a colonizable planet that is not owned by another faction (major or minor), they instantly turn the planet into a colony skipping the Outpost stage.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Holy gently caress I just came back to this and the voice acting on the race selection screen :stare: I didn't know that was going to be a thing. The Sophon VA is loving it.

Gonna play as the tree peoples and see how that goes.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug
I cant wait until my real computer is unfucked so I can be a clueless idiot at this cool space game.

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Well I guess the game I'm currently playing is now broken. Sorry, Space Stalin, you had a good run.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

One thing I must know. Did fighters and bombers make the cut?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

The Deleter posted:

Holy gently caress I just came back to this and the voice acting on the race selection screen :stare: I didn't know that was going to be a thing. The Sophon VA is loving it.

Gonna play as the tree peoples and see how that goes.
They also speak on the diplomacy screen!

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

IAmTheRad posted:

One thing I must know. Did fighters and bombers make the cut?

They did not it seems. However, planet destruction apparently did.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
It's the only way to live
In cars
I'm still expecting them in an expansion, many larger ships very obviously have bays that could be used to scramble fighters and bombers. I can't wait for them to put the OST on Spotify, it's honestly just so full of good tracks. I think the Riftborn theme might be my favorite.

Glidergun
Mar 4, 2007
Environmentalist Vodyani are exactly as busted as I had thought. Even more so if you give them the Riftborn population bonus (+5 IDS). My system started with 93 production.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Games2gether forums has confirmed my suspicions.

Fighters & Bombers have not made the cut.

BUT they will be added as a free DLC pack.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

what is the deal with laws. they seem to get cancelled all the time, i have enough influence so i dont think thats it

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Usually different dudes voted into the senate.

Why can't I make a custom game?

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The laws you have available are based on the support of their respective parties. If you go to "Pass Laws" on the government screen, then click "All", you'll get to see everything and how much support it needs. That means if the support for a party changes and they lose out in an election, their laws can get abolished. So if you wanna keep that sweet +3 movement law then keep those scientists happy!

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014

The Unlife Aquatic posted:

I'm still expecting them in an expansion, many larger ships very obviously have bays that could be used to scramble fighters and bombers. I can't wait for them to put the OST on Spotify, it's honestly just so full of good tracks. I think the Riftborn theme might be my favorite.

https://soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack

The composer posts pretty much all his stuff on his soundcloud.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So, uh, how exactly do you build armor units for ground combat? I have the tech researched, but there's no module or anything.

I played tons of early access and was never able to figure it out. :downs:

DasNeonLicht
Dec 25, 2005

"...and the light is on and burning brightly for the masses."
Fallen Rib

Hiveminded posted:

https://soundcloud.com/flybyno/sets/endless-space-2-soundtrack

The composer posts pretty much all his stuff on his soundcloud.

His Dungeon of the Endless soundtrack is pretty good too. Good productivity music, and funny titles if you've played the game.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

How do you sell on the market? I only see options to buy.

Off on the left. You'll probably need to switch from the Strategic tab to the Luxury tab.

Safety Factor posted:

So, uh, how exactly do you build armor units for ground combat? I have the tech researched, but there's no module or anything.

I played tons of early access and was never able to figure it out. :downs:

Go to the military screen and there's a button to fiddle with army composition, under the troops recruited/expended ledger.

Fhqwhgads posted:

Well I guess the game I'm currently playing is now broken. Sorry, Space Stalin, you had a good run.

You may be able to roll back to a beta patch by right-clicking the game in your library on Steam. Properties > Betas, if it's there

Cease to Hope fucked around with this message at 22:16 on May 18, 2017

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Cease to Hope posted:

Go to the military screen and there's a button to fiddle with army composition, under the troops recruited/expended ledger.
:wtc:

There's a bunch of purchasable upgrades and everything. What the fuuuuuuuck. :psyduck:

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Playing as the trees is so cool and chill. You just expand slowly and take your time. Other people don't get in your grill much. Though Space Stalin is very annoyed at me right now, so I might sadly have to go to war with him. :(

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Safety Factor posted:

:wtc:

There's a bunch of purchasable upgrades and everything. What the fuuuuuuuck. :psyduck:

it's the most pointless, unnecessary bullshit, too. what does another layer of rock-paper-scissors and a hidden pile of minor resource sinking accomplish that passive effects couldn't? on top of the fact that aerodynamic flight is a fourth-tier tech, like we're playing Civ 2 or something

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars
The trees also have an easy time racking up absurd approval ratings because their minor faction, Guardians, gives them +5 Approval for every pop unit of them in system. So they really are just easygoing, friendly trees.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010

The trees also have an easy time racking up absurd approval ratings because their minor faction, Guardians, gives them +5 Approval for every pop unit of them in system. So they really are just easygoing, friendly trees.

My only issue is that the regular trees are hilariously randy because of all the food they produce, so now I have a pop from a anomaly I surveyed that's waiting for room on my home system but there isn't any because the trees just don't stop reproducing. They'll have to wait until I get the desert planet colonised. Poor buggers.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

The Deleter posted:

My only issue is that the regular trees are hilariously randy because of all the food they produce, so now I have a pop from a anomaly I surveyed that's waiting for room on my home system but there isn't any because the trees just don't stop reproducing. They'll have to wait until I get the desert planet colonised. Poor buggers.

Gotta drop those acorns.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I've been playing a game as the Vodyani and I think I've encountered a bug. I took over a system after wiping out the Cravers populating it, but there were still a couple of units of Guardians that stuck around. I sent an ark to the system, colonized it, but I can do absolutely nothing with it. I can't even uproot the ark. It's been a good 20-30 turns by now so I'm not sure what's up with it.

I have a feeling the Guardians screwed things up.

The Unlife Aquatic
Jun 17, 2009

Here in my car
I feel safest of all
I can lock all my doors
In cars

Safety Factor posted:

I've been playing a game as the Vodyani and I think I've encountered a bug. I took over a system after wiping out the Cravers populating it, but there were still a couple of units of Guardians that stuck around. I sent an ark to the system, colonized it, but I can do absolutely nothing with it. I can't even uproot the ark. It's been a good 20-30 turns by now so I'm not sure what's up with it.

I have a feeling the Guardians screwed things up.

The Guardians are supposed to be unremovable. They're a form of leverage for the Unfallen on hostile empires. (If the Unfallen dislike you, they provide nasty maluses)

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

The Guardians are supposed to be unremovable. They're a form of leverage for the Unfallen on hostile empires. (If the Unfallen dislike you, they provide nasty maluses)
Yeah, I got that. If they just took up space it'd be fine, but they are making my arks completely unusable. My colonies have zero options and I can't build anything or detach the arks themselves.

It's a reproducible bug. I have had it happen to multiple colonies now.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Yeah, I got that. If they just took up space it'd be fine, but they are making my arks completely unusable. My colonies have zero options and I can't build anything or detach the arks themselves.

It's a reproducible bug. I have had it happen to multiple colonies now.

Okay so submit it on the games2gether website

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So I've been playing this for a while now but still can't figure out what the resource is that looks like a little crate or companion cube or what ever. What does it mean?