Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Oh Snapple! posted:

They actually completely replaced Dinklage's voice :eng101:

i know. but i'd rather have peter!probius than nolan!probius

e: When picking Murky, seriously consider his fake egg talent. Lots of heroes will waste time on it when they could be doing meaningful things.

:agreed: vv

Bogart fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Peter Dinklage sucked in Destiny

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Bogart posted:

e: When picking Murky, seriously consider his fake egg talent. Lots of heroes will waste time on it when they could be doing meaningful things.

I've found it's the opposite, that once people know you have the fake egg talent they'll generally leave your eggs alone, which means you can get more aggressive with your placement as long as you don't make it obvious where you're respawning from and lead them back to the real one.

tcjimbo
May 15, 2008

This is Jimbo!
Hey-hey, man!
We got this!

tcjimbo posted:

Dva seems like.a more obnoxious murky that doesn't need lvl 20 to become tanky.

I ended up being right, Dva is new Murky. Just got done playing Haunted Mines where Dva pretty much carried the entire game with her infinite push. The only reason we even won in the end was because Orion was playing on our team and dropped the MMR low enough so they wern't able to finish their 5 man death ball. It was by far the most obnoxious game of HOTS I've played in a while.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Bogart posted:

I dunno, I reeeeeeeeeeeally like Bribe.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

tcjimbo posted:

I ended up being right, Dva is new Murky. Just got done playing Haunted Mines where Dva pretty much carried the entire game with her infinite push. The only reason we even won in the end was because Orion was playing on our team and dropped the MMR low enough so they wern't able to finish their 5 man death ball. It was by far the most obnoxious game of HOTS I've played in a while.

Leave your drama out of this thread, please.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

You don't pick the fake egg talent for any kind of utility.

You pick it to place little egg bunkers everywhere :3:

GenericOverusedName
Nov 24, 2009

KUVA TEAM EPIC
Waltz right onto the objective and drop a steamin hot fake egg right in the middle of it to claim it as your territory.

Bonus points, it'll probably go off when the teamfight happens and slime somebody!

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
You gotta drop you real egg there. To assert dominance.

Poultron
May 26, 2006

It doesn't make me happy if you call me cute, you bastard!

BrianBoitano posted:

Reddit duder made his own stats tracking program. Feed it replays, get lots and lots of stats.

https://www.reddit.com/r/heroesofthestorm/comments/6bwrkv/heroes_match_tracker_match_tracker_for_personal/

If you only care about your own stats (not others' MMR) this will do ya. He's got a github link if you want to inspect the source code.

This thing seems cool but I really had to fiddle with it to make it work, it's not that self explanatory. A very slick interface for displaying match data though.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

I had a Murky on my team take Fish Eye against a double stealth comp in QM yesterday. He used it pretty aggressively as a mobile detection station, and it actually helped a lot.

The rare and mysterious Good Murky.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Murky is a Good Hero.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

NeurosisHead posted:

Does Destiny have any iconic characters that would be cool in HoTS? Blizzard is bringing Destinty 2 to PC, so it seems inevitable that there will be hero crossover.

In the unlikely event that non-blizzard Activision IPs are ever added to hots, gently caress destiny heroes, give me crash bandicoot.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010
Can't wait for the Super Smash Bros/HotS crossover!

Rygar201
Jan 26, 2011
I AM A TERRIBLE PIECE OF SHIT.

Please Condescend to me like this again.

Oh yeah condescend to me ALL DAY condescend daddy.

Oh my god, I just read about Murky and now I really want to play him. :getin:

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

New Hero: Alan Wake and the new opening theme will be composed by Poets of the Fall.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I want to play Sonic, Cloud, and Mario in 5mash 5: Heroe5 of the 5torm.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.

Cuntellectual posted:

Can't wait for the Super Smash Bros/HotS crossover!

I would play this.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

*Tony Hawk kickflips over a team fight, kills Lucio*

"Get bent fruit booter!"

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

So one Genji's master skins makes him look like Master Chief which is a Bungie game so I would be surprised if we don't see skins inspired from Destiny 2 or their other games... which I can't think of right now.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Sadly bungie no longer controls the chief

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Really? I'm bad at gaming news.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Spudd posted:

So one Genji's master skins makes him look like Master Chief which is a Bungie game so I would be surprised if we don't see skins inspired from Destiny 2 or their other games... which I can't think of right now.

By that logic we have the entire cast of Evangelion to look forward to.

Can't wait for the Tokyo-3 stage where you have to get Ramiel to drill into the other team's core, and merc camps drop part of the entire power supply of Japan.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

If there was an old gods stage where the old gods were loving with large swaths of the map at a time and the objective was to barely beat them back that would be cool.

Actually yeah that is a novel idea. An objective that attacks you on your own and you have to appease it instead of building up a nuke on the enemy

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
I'm still getting matched up against Solo Varians when my team has no tank in QM. I thought blizz changed that? If its because people are queuing up together with Varian then the system should just make them wait longer until it finds a tank to match them against.

Olaf The Stout
Oct 16, 2009

FORUMS NO.1 SLEEPY DAWGS MEMESTER
I've seen this also, and saw nothing in the patch notes about any changes. Guess QM tank Varian is still here, which sucks.

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

Yeah, it's definitely still here. Just had one where the other team had a Varian who of course went tank, my team was four assassins and Abathur.

I'm really pretty tilted that they still haven't fixed it.

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

Mind over Matter posted:

Yeah, it's definitely still here. Just had one where the other team had a Varian who of course went tank, my team was four assassins and Abathur.

I'm really pretty tilted that they still haven't fixed it.

BUT WHAT IF HE DOESN'T SPEC TANK? THAT WOULDN'T BE FAIR! *continues to have Rexxar, Leo, and Artanis treated the exact same as Jo, Anub, and Muradin*

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
D.Va not being classified as a tank for some bizarre reason is making some really bad QMs

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Libertine posted:

D.Va not being classified as a tank for some bizarre reason is making some really bad QMs

Why would she be classified as a tank? She's not.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

SirSamVimes posted:

Why would she be classified as a tank? She's not.

Because her kit is entirely initiation, disruption, and defense like any tank in this game? What kind of question is that.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

D.Va is not a tank.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

exquisite tea posted:

D.Va is not a tank.

I haven't played since she was added, what is she?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

NeurosisHead posted:

I haven't played since she was added, what is she?

She's a uhhh.....

Seems to be the opinions I've seen. Which don't get me wrong, having not easily classified roles for characters is good (provided they don't make more Varians).

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
D.Va is definitely tank

ing my opponent's mmr as I win every game with her

Mind over Matter
Jun 1, 2007
Four to a dollar.

She's not a tank, but QM isn't even treating her as a warrior sometimes. That's the issue I've seen.

Coolness Averted posted:

BUT WHAT IF HE DOESN'T SPEC TANK? THAT WOULDN'T BE FAIR! *continues to have Rexxar, Leo, and Artanis treated the exact same as Jo, Anub, and Muradin*

The people who say that can get bent in the most brutally painful way.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

D.va is absolutely a tank. She charges her loving ult by taking damage, she knocks enemies around, she literally reduces the damage they deal, you even have to kill her twice.

How is that not the definition of a tank in hots

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

D.Va = Fat Murky

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

Coolness Averted posted:

I keep seeing Zarya against teams with no tank, too.

Libertine posted:

Because her kit is entirely initiation, disruption, and defense like any tank in this game? What kind of question is that.

D.va has no mechanic to gain aggro, and she doesn't have 140 defense or 221 resilience so she isn't immune to crits from bosses OR players, so she's obviously not a tank. :rolleyes:

Cuntellectual fucked around with this message at 00:22 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Don't call Hanna fat