Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man
410,757,864,530 SHELLS FIRED

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

What is the most fun and profitable premium to buy for between 20-30 bones?

Kamikaze. :jerkbag:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Polyakov
Mar 22, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Warspite is cool and good with the buffs. Though i would suggest springing a little extra to get the Belfast or Scharnhorst for a good credit printer.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC
So. Many. BBs. in match making tonight. like 100 BBs to 10 CAs and DDs

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE
If you want to make money, you want a T8 premium or ideally the Missouri. Some of the T6 premiums are pretty fun but the credits are sorta "eh", and you also gotta keep T6 matchmaking in mind.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004

CitizenKain posted:

Nothing in that range is really super profitable, but I like the Molotov a lot. The Arizona is ok as well. I've heard good things about the Sims though.

If you can swing a few more bucks, get a Belfast though. That thing is a ticket to party town.

I was thinking about a Sims or a Dunq. I might go a little higher but I mainly just want something to do a little grinding and have some fun with. I thought about the bigger ships, but fuuuuuck. I really don't want to pay forty bones for a boat.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Just got a Missouri. So far it feels kind of miserable but I haven't really had any satisfying BB games today other than my "last" FDG game.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

I was thinking about a Sims or a Dunq. I might go a little higher but I mainly just want something to do a little grinding and have some fun with. I thought about the bigger ships, but fuuuuuck. I really don't want to pay forty bones for a boat.

Sims is definitely the best for that vs the Dunk.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

I'd go for a Scharnhorst or Atago, personally.

But given the options you've listed, I'd say Sims.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

MikeC posted:

Yep. The next three weeks are going to be miserable.

Dralun
May 22, 2012

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Sims is my most played and favorite premium. Has the good T7 match making and even if low tiered, you can still do your job and make good xp/credits. While I don't think it's on sale at the moment, the Duca is another really fun ship to play. If you do decide to go big, I'd suggest the Kutuzov over the Belfast or Scharnhorst for that T8 money.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

wdarkk posted:

Just got a Missouri. So far it feels kind of miserable but I haven't really had any satisfying BB games today other than my "last" FDG game.
When I first got my Missouri I think I went like a dozen or so games where I did nothing but die like an idiot and do like sub-50k damage. After that someone just clicked and I started wrecking.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sperglord Actual posted:

Yep. The next three weeks are going to be miserable.

They're actually going to be great for Gearing, Z-52, and Shimakaze.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

Heartcatch posted:

They're actually going to be great for Gearing, Z-52, and Shimakaze.

Also ships that like to set fires, like the Kutuzov and all the French cruisers.

MikeC
Jul 19, 2004
BITCH ASS NARC

One lousy kill my BB friends, you couldn't even give me ONE LOUSY KILL BB friends....

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

El Disco posted:

Also ships that like to set fires, like the Kutuzov and all the French cruisers.

Firestarters unite. :hfive:

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Gwaihir posted:

Sims is definitely the best for that vs the Dunk.

Except if you are on EU where the Sims is never for sale.

Vengarr
Jun 17, 2010

Smashed before noon

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Sims is good but it doesn't really stand out for me--it doesn't have an interesting gimmick, it's just a better version of the Mahan. If you like manfighting BBs, Scharnhorst is some of the most fun you can have in this game. Next-favorite ship is Atago, the cloaking device is unreal.

Try waiting for a sale.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

MikeC posted:

It's because of the 'Score 50 main battery hits in a battleship' task in Hunt the Bismark

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Dunkerque is super fun, and makes plenty of credits

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

NerdyMcNerdNerd posted:

Discounted Scharnorst or Belfast.
30% discount are commons for T7 premiums.

Maybe Discounted Kutuzov but probably too expensive even discounted. I think T8 only get like -15%.

NerdyMcNerdNerd
Aug 3, 2004
Thought about it. Bought a Sims.

The guns... turn... so fast. Without any of the skills that make guns go, the guns spin like you would not believe. It also fires like a machine gun and can do some pretty ridiculously high shooting. A Kberg tried to disengage from me by hiding behind a rock, whereupon I rained down thirty or forty shots on his head, set him on fire, and forced him out into the guns of the battleships. The torps ain't bad, either.

Drifts like hell, too. Dodge torps by turning straight into them and sliding through with your tiny boat. Shells don't seem that great against anything bigger than a DD or a lightly armored CL, but, you know. You shoot buckets of them. Out of ten battles, five ended with over a hundred hits.

A dedicated DD captain in this thing would make it a tremendous pain in the rear end. I haven't even put on premium smoke yet.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Sims is a baby Benson, which is why it's so good

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Vengarr posted:

Sims is good but it doesn't really stand out for me--it doesn't have an interesting gimmick, it's just a better version of the Mahan. If you like manfighting BBs, Scharnhorst is some of the most fun you can have in this game. Next-favorite ship is Atago, the cloaking device is unreal.

Try waiting for a sale.
It's not really a better version of the Mahan; Sims has better gun power and slightly better maneuverability but in exchange your get much worse torpedoes. I'd say it's more of a sidegrade really.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Sims is an uptiered Farragut with worse torpedoes, but better guns.

That said, like the Farragut, it's quite good and very comfortable. Blyskawica is a bit more solid, but lacks the ability to crew train.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

No, it's a Benson that trades some overall survivability, a gun, and 3k damage + 6kts of torpedo to go down a tier

Dralun
May 22, 2012
Is there a way to test drive boats before you buy them?

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Dralun posted:

Is there a way to test drive boats before you buy them?

Not really no, short of getting on the test server before the next patch and hoping the one you want is turned on for ingame sale.

This is deliberate, because they don't want people to find out a ship is no good until after they've dropped money on it.

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

NTRabbit posted:

No, it's a Benson that trades some overall survivability, a gun, and 3k damage + 6kts of torpedo to go down a tier

The cardinal sin of comparing any ship with Benson. :colbert:

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

It's got the closed in Benson/Fletcher turrets that spin like a top, that automatically groups it with them in playstyle rather than the open medium turners of Nicholas, Farragut, and Mahan.

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
RE: the premium ship talk.

In the last several days I have seen 3-4 different videos or forum posts talking about how the Kutusov is one of the best ships in the entire game now. Smoke, range, IFHE, good torps, great AA, decent concealment, good shell arcs. If I wanted to buy any premium ship thats actually available (ie not Gremmy or the Nikolai) it would be the Kutusov. If I didn't already have the Molotov for RU captain training, and ARP Takao (very nearly an Atago which itself is the second-best T8 cruiser) then I would probably get one.

Also, if you happen to like CVs then the Saipan is up there as one of the most OP ships in the game due to its perfect MM (it can never see T8 CVs and as a T7 it often gets to poo poo on T5s, T7 Ranger's are complete cannon fodder and the only thing that threatens it, which is a 3-1-2 Hiryu with AS, is very rare in Random) and its exception to the strafe-break rule. It might even be more OP with the Kaga comes out since it counters the Kaga as well.

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
I really like Kutuzov as a T8 premium. The IFHE dpm is very good; it's a good firestarter (I don't have DE yet) and with premium smoke plus superintendent you get three of them.

Godlessdonut
Sep 13, 2005

The Sims is a Sampson that got bumped up to tier VII but also changed into a totally different ship that bears no relation to the original.

Prove me wrong. :colbert:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I loving love Kutuzov. It's such a great rear end in a top hat ship.

Somebody Awful
Nov 27, 2011

BORN TO DIE
HAIG IS A FUCK
Kill Em All 1917
I am trench man

I loathe the Kutuzov.

I'd probably love it if I owned one but every time I see one of those fuckers on the enemy team, I just know I'm in for a lovely ride.

Burt
Sep 23, 2007

Poke.

Very mediocre Zao game, made 1209 base exp.

With the new flags and signals fitted however this became;

8163 exp [Daily 50% included]
4610 Free exp
19646 Elite commander exp.

:q:

kaesarsosei
Nov 7, 2012
Yeah maybe I shouldn't play tonight. Log on, pick Emile Bertin for first game. First minute of match eat a salvo from an unspotted Nagato leaving me on 40 (Forty) HP and die from random DD shot 5 secs later.

rex rabidorum vires
Mar 26, 2007

KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN KASPERI KAPANEN
With the millions of BBs in cue playing in a DD seems to be the right thing to do. Stealth torp fuckers all day everyday. Or in the Gnevy's case you're already a cruiser so burn them down.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Finally motivated to play more. The Hood made me return before the next season and seems worth it so far.

It can't brawl, but you have a ton of hp, are strangely difficult to citadel and you have accurate guns. On the negative side you are one of the longest ships around and impossible to miss and you have weak and few secondary guns. At mid-range I would rate the Hood higher than the Scharnhorst or Gneisenau. At short range, not so much.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

15 battles today, and I've gotten the utter poo poo magnet of a map Neighbours 5 times

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Christ that's a lot of BB's...

Welp.

Time to break out the Belfast and start up the BBQ.

Get bonus points for all the DD's you can gib who want to prey on the BB swarms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Sperglord Actual posted:

I loathe the Kutuzov.

I'd probably love it if I owned one but every time I see one of those fuckers on the enemy team, I just know I'm in for a lovely ride.

I almost feel bad playing it, because this is exactly the feeling I have every time I see one in a BB.