Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

TERRIBLE SHITLORD posted:

This match is probably going to have a similar mortality rate.

Naomi has a weirdly symmetrical face, like when you mess around with a mirror image filter and it just looks unnatural.

edit: or maybe it just looks weird juxtapositioned next to Nattie and Tamina

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Vaguido posted:

It's going to kill more than the Red Wedding since it'll kill an entire crowd, not including the people watching at home.

and randy/jinder should finish off anyone that survives

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

dromal phrenia posted:

the elbow drop thing makes no sense to me

finn and seth both do slingblades

seth and fandango both do falcon arrows (and apparently its fandango's finisher!)

seth and owens both do frog splashes

like half the roster does superkicks as a signature or finisher

it would not surprise me at all if the reason was seriously "bayley's elbow drop is a macho man tribute, so it matters more"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Oh Snapple! posted:

it would not surprise me at all if the reason was seriously "bayley's elbow drop is a macho man tribute, so it matters more"

Wasn't this why when Punk was doing it as a signature, nobody else was allowed to do it at the same time

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

punks elbow drop was so loving bad, it was just dog poo poo

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Whether or not it was a variation of Macho Man's, HBK did it better

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
Shawn Michaels did the elbow drop you would exactly expect when you think of an elbow drop. The platonic ideal of an elbow drop, his body following loosely behind as he the all-important elbow falls perfectly into position just before impact.

Macho Man did The Macho Man Elbow Drop, a movement defined by the heightened reality of wrestling. His legs dramatically fly out to the side in a statuesque mid-air pose as the elbow in question theatrically rotates to emphasize the impact. It was beautiful, and Punk and Bayley's efforts are -absolutely- imitations made in tribute.

Kairi Hojo's elbow is a similar idea, but all her own. Her legs splay outward, her whole lower body flings upward, and she lands almost with more of her torso than the elbow itself.
If there's truth to the rumor, it's a shame, but it's WWE.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Do the same elbow drop, but with the arm fully outstretched instead of angled for an elbow and just sell it as a side splash called the Broadside.

Vince I will take my million dollars by check, thank you.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I played Injustice instead of watching Smackdown was it good?

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

Cubone posted:

Shawn Michaels did the elbow drop you would exactly expect when you think of an elbow drop. The platonic ideal of an elbow drop, his body following loosely behind as he the all-important elbow falls perfectly into position just before impact.

Macho Man did The Macho Man Elbow Drop, a movement defined by the heightened reality of wrestling. His legs dramatically fly out to the side in a statuesque mid-air pose as the elbow in question theatrically rotates to emphasize the impact. It was beautiful, and Punk and Bayley's efforts are -absolutely- imitations made in tribute.

Kairi Hojo's elbow is a similar idea, but all her own. Her legs splay outward, her whole lower body flings upward, and she lands almost with more of her torso than the elbow itself.
If there's truth to the rumor, it's a shame, but it's WWE.

Yes, I'm sure there's truth to a rumour that someone in this thread literally admitted to making up and sending to Meltzer.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

biscuits and crazy posted:

Yes, I'm sure there's truth to a rumour that someone in this thread literally admitted to making up and sending to Meltzer.
I take it you're not very familiar with noted serious poster Cavauro

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

biscuits and crazy posted:

It took years but we finally found the one poster who takes Cavauro's posts seriously

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Actually I made up that a goon made it up, and sent the rumor to Lowtax.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Aphrodite posted:

Actually I made up that a goon made it up, and sent the rumor to Lowtax.

Does that mean the House of Horrors match was Vince's lovely take on Lowtax's initial version of A DOOMHOUSE match?

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Yes randy let me tell you this how about.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Kaori hojo was told that Her heartbeat was the only sound and unrelated to that she should or should not step into the town and break the walls down. argh vince!

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dewey foley is a very young boy

And he ruined kairi hojos finisher

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

I feel like i'm pretty good with harley quinn and green arrow

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
She really should get a new finisher, Bayley barely ever beats anyone with her elbow drop and she's bigger. Silly to have a top rope finisher that doesn't work.

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
She won at wrestlemania with it. That's about as solid as you get for a finisher. IIRC the only time her elbow has hit but not ended the match was against Charlotte at the Royal Rumble. The Bayley-To-Belly has been kicked out of a lot more and isn't worth going back to.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

pressedbunny posted:

She won at wrestlemania with it. That's about as solid as you get for a finisher. IIRC the only time her elbow has hit but not ended the match was against Charlotte at the Royal Rumble. The Bayley-To-Belly has been kicked out of a lot more and isn't worth going back to.

Alexa has kicked out of the elbow as well. She's won more often using the Bayley to Belly more than the elbow, even since Wrestlemania.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Mania was last month and I forgot that match even happened, let alone that elbow was the finish

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Chris James 2 posted:

Mania was last month and I forgot that match even happened, let alone that elbow was the finish

Given how long that show was and what a lovely ending it had, I don't think any sane person could blame you for forgetting part of it.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

What's the canon reason Bayley's belly to back is less powerful than her belly to belly?

SilverMike
Sep 17, 2007

TBD

Aphrodite posted:

What's the canon reason Bayley's belly to back is less powerful than her belly to belly?

She can only harness the power from her hug in a belly-to-back whereas a belly-to-belly lets her take the power from her opponent's hug too.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

SilverMike posted:

She can only harness the power from her hug in a belly-to-back whereas a belly-to-belly lets her take the power from her opponent's hug too.

...Solid. I accept your explanation.

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

I'm going to watch Backlash just for Orton/Jinder alone. It's 2017, Orton is World Champion after a rocky as gently caress feud that he technically lost, facing off against bizarrely pushed midcarder Jinder Mahal, who went from boy band member to some steroids to all the steroids.

Orton can have a decent match if motivated. I cannot think of less of a motivating drive than having to face Jinder Mahal. The match is going to be something special, a new level of boring as gently caress.

Also Owens/Styles should be fun, don't really care for Nakamura. Do want to see Ziggler sell for him though, as much poo poo as Ziggler rightly gets, he's still an amazing seller.

Blooming Brilliant fucked around with this message at 00:19 on May 19, 2017

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Really need to see more classic, devastating finishers with the Flying Elbow.

The leg drop?
The punch?
Maybe a running punch?
Oh, and the punch drop?
A double axe-handle?
The clothesline?
The atomic drop?

So Bayley's finishing move is the flying elbow now? God drat, I'm bored of these finishing moves.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

^ I have wanted a comedy character to finish matches with an atomic drop for so drat long now

i hope jinder mahal debuts his new finisher, the unprettier, except he just mashes orton's face into his bacne till he submits

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Done. I want the Bacne Splash from the top rope. Make it happen Vince.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Big Cass uses an elbow drop. Not flying.

Bring back his first name, let him use an atomic drop finisher and call it the Colinoscopy. Big improvement.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Jinder's new finisher should be an abdominal stretch or bearhug, but the announcers sell it as his veins scraping amd tearing your flesh like barbed wire.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/864511085851930625

Dolph Ziggler isn't funny, but at least he knows his archetype

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

projecthalaxy posted:

Jinder's new finisher should be an abdominal stretch or bearhug, but the announcers sell it as his veins scraping amd tearing your flesh like barbed wire.

I would pop for it if he slapped the side during the ab stretch. Legit one of my favorite things in wrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't remember the wrestlemania Show but i do remember that it was at least four months ago

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jinder's finisher should be like the Stinkface, except he rubs his gross oily bacne covered back on the person.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Done. I want the Bacne Splash from the top rope. Make it happen Vince.

Bacne splash is not a phrase I ever want to hear again in any context

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Cubone posted:

https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/864511085851930625

Dolph Ziggler isn't funny, but at least he knows his archetype

I wish Dolph's character was literally "ski slope brat" and he only ever talked like this and dressed in ski gear and used skis and ski poles as weapons. Can we get a change.org petition going to make this happen?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I wish Dolph's character was "no longer employed by WWE"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dolph should become a "science guy" then create and release a confusing new show that a lot of people very much don't care for

• Locked thread