Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Cowcaster posted:

so like vermintide or payday 2 then?

Sort of, with (pretty good imo) PVP modes and also a "patrol mode" where you can roam around open spaces and shoot stuff and run into other random players. Sounds like the sequel will instance missions into the game world instead of having them be something you select from a menu which is a nice change

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
what do you think would be the best console to own for living in a hippie commune? serious question!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Cowcaster posted:

so like vermintide or payday 2 then?

i was gonna say payday 2 doesnt have grinding for loot but it actually does, so yeah i guess that's accurate

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

well i did like payday 2 back in the day albeit i fell off it pretty hard and they've completely overhauled the game about 3 times since so i have no desire to relearn everything from the ground up, maybe i will take a look into Des2iny

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

precision posted:

what do you think would be the best console to own for living in a hippie commune? serious question!

The Wii.

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
The white drain was right, it's basically a MMO without the massively multiplayer part. Once you reach the endgame you just farm instances forever.

Payday 2 leans into the rpg trappings than a horde game like Payday 2 or L4D

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

precision posted:

Hippie communes have electricity?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

precision posted:

gamecube, you can entertain company by filling it with thermite that you stole from your construction job

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

precision posted:

Ouya

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

dang i fired up nier and i'm in some kind of flooded city and 9s is missing and i don't remember what i did

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cowcaster posted:

dang i fired up nier and i'm in some kind of flooded city and 9s is missing and i don't remember what i did

If only you'd been paying attention to the plot

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Cowcaster posted:

well i did like payday 2 back in the day albeit i fell off it pretty hard and they've completely overhauled the game about 3 times since so i have no desire to relearn everything from the ground up, maybe i will take a look into Des2iny

Same. I think we might have even played some rounds together.

I'm happy to throw $60 at bungee for D2 to shoot dudes with goons

Pigbuster
Sep 12, 2010

Fun Shoe

Cowcaster posted:

You fought a giant whale robot that EMP'd everybody. Now 9S is missing so find him.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Pigbuster posted:

You fought a giant whale robot that EMP'd everybody. Now 9S is missing so find him.

sincere thank you, kind goon

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
I have never in my life pre-ordered a video-game and then tonight I pre order 3

(crash bandicoot, wipeout and tekken 7)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Tell me if horrifying uncanny valley bandicoot is fun once you play it.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Macarius Wrench posted:

Did you already have Yakuza Kiwami preordered? Cause if not, then you hosed up.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
I played Destiny and I also play PC games cuz I play lots of different games on different platforms. Destiny is basically Diablo 3 in overall structure with Halo shooting and a fun pvp mode. It wore really thin for me after a couple months just like Diablo 3.

If the pvp mode had more vehicles like Halo, I would have stuck around longer.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax

Poops Mcgoots posted:

Did you already have Yakuza Kiwami preordered? Cause if not, then you hosed up.

Y'know that was actually gonna be the 4th choice but I'm only about 15 hours into Zero and I dunno if ill be done with it by August :cheers:

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i got a fish and i ate the fish and i died

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

For some reason you can pre-order the Wipeout steelbook without the game for £10 on Amazon

Lurdiak posted:

Tell me if horrifying uncanny valley bandicoot is fun once you play it.

they posted a gameplay video side by side comparison thing with the original a while back and it looks like it plays exactly the same so I'll probably buy it

I don't think crash really works in HD though

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

they posted a gameplay video side by side comparison thing with the original a while back and it looks like it plays exactly the same so I'll probably buy it

I don't think crash really works in HD though

He'd work fine if they hadn't decided on the worst art direction possible.

I mean Mario Odyssey's HD and Mario doesn't have like a billion hairs in his mustache.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Macarius Wrench posted:

if you had left out the 7 I could make a 90s joke drat it

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Cowcaster posted:

i got a fish and i ate the fish and i died

congrats on your first (?) ending

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

I can't wait for a bunch of people to come to the realization that Crash 2 was the only good game in that series, Racing notwithstanding.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
My favorite was 3 but thats because i like getting new abilities as i play.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Ometeotl posted:

I can't wait for a bunch of people to come to the realization that Crash 2 was the only good game in that series, Racing notwithstanding.

My dude, there was never a bad Crash Bandicoot game outside of the GBA until the crappy beat em up ones. Not a single one. Even the first game, with its floaty-rear end controls, was still more than on the level with its competition at the time on PS1. Twinsanity remains one of the best 3D platformers I've ever played.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oddium posted:

congrats on your first (?) ending

i think i've gotten NTUW so far plus the fish

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

i just fought nerd wesker in chalk zone

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

FirstAidKite posted:

Isn't there some boss in ff12 that takes several hours to beat because they have a huge amount of hp

I know its late but, you can kill that boss in like one minute in the updated version.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Played some Dishonoured 2 last night and I think I've finally lost all patience with being stealthy. I love games like Deus Ex and the original Dishonoured, but I seem to have lost all situational awareness and the range of vision for bad guys in this game seems really far.

And trying to get through the clockwork mansion with all these soldiers... ugh.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...
https://twitter.com/Babylonian/status/864988495370002432
https://twitter.com/griffinmcelroy/status/865210342258991105

:ohdear:

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

We're car boys and we like making noise.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Lurdiak posted:

He'd work fine if they hadn't decided on the worst art direction possible.

I mean Mario Odyssey's HD and Mario doesn't have like a billion hairs in his mustache.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

Still slightly creeped out by this and sonic having individual hairs now.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ok well I still stand by my art direction statement because clearly this looks fine but Crash looks like a nightmare about puberty I had when I was 11.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

nintendo's really just following a sega arc 15 years behind aren't they

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010

tap my mountain posted:

I bought Greek yogurt last night thinking that I liked it, and holy gently caress I have made a grave mistake

From a day ago, but is it the 0% fat kind, because that's seriously vile.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

so my vita's memory card died and the only thing i have a physical cart for is

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbV0K3K9ROk

so i think ive made mistakes in my life

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Cowcaster posted:

nintendo's really just following a sega arc 15 years behind aren't they

New School Nintendo (Splatoon, ARMS) feels like Old School SEGA (Jet Set Radio, Virtual On).

• Locked thread