Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Applied for the PS4 group as Direka.

Saint Freak posted:

A box gave me...an air throw for cheetah. That's super weird. Like here's a thing you character did not have before and now she does.

I unlocked a healing skill for Harley and was taken aback for a moment. I definitely didn't expect to get that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

More tutorial questions! I'm practicing with Black Canary and her Front Handspring follow-ups (df3). The one where you just have to hold 3 is easy. But then the other two it says to hold d+3 or u+3, how does that work, I was able to mash through it after repeating 100 times but I don't actually understand the timing or presses

Edit: Welp, as soon as I posted that I managed to figure it out. My reflexes feel shot

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 04:00 on May 19, 2017

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy
I did a video that hopefully will be helpful for anyone who's having a hard time against zoners/projectile-heavy characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRmnAG0iiw

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Dexie posted:

Applied for the PS4 group as Direka.

I unlocked a healing skill for Harley and was taken aback for a moment. I definitely didn't expect to get that.

god drat I need that skill. I wish there was a market kinda thing just because I don't even know what I should be 'going for' considering I have no clue what abilities/gear sets there are for the characters I like

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Yeah it's all totally random. I got lucky and ended up with 2 alternate moves for Green Arrow very early on, but haven't had another one drop since!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

OK I am doing the multiverse and what is that move Brainiac does with the giant worm that takes literally 2/3 of my health in one hit, how do I defend against thatr

big cummers ONLY
Jul 17, 2005

I made a series of bad investments. Tarantula farm. The bottom fell out of the market.

My strategy so far has been to get murdered 2-5 times by him and then smoke him without losing my first bar

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

OK I am doing the multiverse and what is that move Brainiac does with the giant worm that takes literally 2/3 of my health in one hit, how do I defend against thatr

Its a Boss Brainiac move so who knows. I thought I blocked it once but I back dashed out from it

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

See, like for this:

If I hold down, and then press 12f3 as fast as I can, it should trigger, right? I don't know how useful this actually is or if I will be able to ever do this in an actual fight when I can only seem to get it to work 1 in 200 times in training

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011
gently caress this Atrocitus super move boss fight. I'd rather slam my dick in a car door. Jesus.

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

See, like for this:

If I hold down, and then press 12f3 as fast as I can, it should trigger, right? I don't know how useful this actually is or if I will be able to ever do this in an actual fight when I can only seem to get it to work 1 in 200 times in training

try taking it slow at first and break down the parts. down 12 is a string so you can input those at a pretty quick pace. but if you press the down forward 3 too quickly it just wont come out, same as if you were too slow. this is a little quirk with how cancels work off strings, once you get the timing down you'll be able to do it with most any special inputs. you'll just need to practice that rhythm until it clicks for you.

the way i handle my input rhythm is by making sure i dont press the actual button for the special ( in your case: 3) until i've heard the hit sound effect of the last strike in the string. sounds a little weird but it helped me, i generally have issues in NRS games with inputting too quickly.

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

See, like for this:

If this were a normal fighting game yes.

But NRS games don't buffer held directions for special move inputs so you have to go to neutral and then do df3

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Jimmy Hats posted:

This can't be stated enough. SUPER easy. Your partner dudes are constantly throwing health and super meter at you while also attacking the enemy and messing up their combos. If you die the next guy in line jumps in and you get to start throwing super meter/health at them!
Publicly apologizing for not noticing/understanding the powerup abilities for partners until it was way too late in the boss matches I attempted with guildies....oops.

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

I'm so loving bad at cancels.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Dj Meow Mix posted:

try taking it slow at first and break down the parts. down 12 is a string so you can input those at a pretty quick pace. but if you press the down forward 3 too quickly it just wont come out, same as if you were too slow. this is a little quirk with how cancels work off strings, once you get the timing down you'll be able to do it with most any special inputs. you'll just need to practice that rhythm until it clicks for you.

the way i handle my input rhythm is by making sure i dont press the actual button for the special ( in your case: 3) until i've heard the hit sound effect of the last strike in the string. sounds a little weird but it helped me, i generally have issues in NRS games with inputting too quickly.

Thanks, I tried a couple hundred more times. Either there was a gap between the strings and the special (too slow) or the special didn't come out (too fast, right), but I couldn't find the middle. Man, is it like only 5 frames or something?

I mean, I don't think I'll ever be good enough to take advantage of that, I lucked into getting it once to finish the tutorial which is all I really wanted I suppose

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I have been playing around a lot. I have not unlocked a single ability. Are they just random drops or do I need to pass some level threshold or pre-req first?

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Feenix posted:

I have been playing around a lot. I have not unlocked a single ability. Are they just random drops or do I need to pass some level threshold or pre-req first?

Pretty sure it's random. I got a Poison Ivy ability in a box at profile level 15 and I haven't even used her yet.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Feenix posted:

Seems random to me; gotten them from boxes from seemingly early on, all single player at the time.

Even split between characters I use and characters I've never touched, fwiw.

edit: I know the rage messages are bound to appear, but everyone's been so drat nice after wins and losses so far.

Grey Fox fucked around with this message at 07:30 on May 19, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

Feenix posted:

You're guaranteed one for a character when you hit level 10 and level 20 with them, but you can get them randomly.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Mortal Kombat/Injustice story modes ranked:

1) Injustice 2
2) Mortal Kombat 9
3) MK vs. DC Universe
4) Mortal Kombat X
5) Injustice

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Are new victory animations a thing you can unlock? Because it's great and all that they've got eleventy billion conversations at the start of the match, but...

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

hup posted:

I'm so loving bad at cancels.

Practice makes perfect my friend, once you get it done it can be satisfying you accomplished it :) I just burned half an hour getting a supergirl combo down pat and it felt great to get it reliably.

Gavok posted:

Mortal Kombat/Injustice story modes ranked:

1) Injustice 2
2) Mortal Kombat 9
3) MK vs. DC Universe
4) Mortal Kombat X
5) Injustice

Ya know I have been ruminating on this and I agree. MK 9 has finally been toppled as the best FG story mode.

Also I made this up, I love grodd so much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0RZ43yVuIYY

Xeremides
Feb 21, 2011

There Diomedes aimed and stabbed, he gouged him down
his glistening flesh and wrenched the spear back out
and the brazen god of war let loose a shriek, roaring,
thundering loud as nine, ten thousand combat soldiers
shriek with Ares' fury when massive armies clash.
I just did a metaverse boss battle against Darkseid, and he should fight in the cartoons the way he did in this fight. OMEGA BEAM OMEGA BEAM EXPLODING MINION OMEGA BEAM OMEGA BEAM. Up high, down low, all over the loving map, behind me, through me, other side of the map. Dude was a goddamn laser gattling gun.

Luckily, the fight forces you to use Supes, so after I realized I'm just not good enough to actually fight this kind of zoning, I went full ham with my lasers. Still just barely won. Good lord.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008
Is the Nightwing staff an obtainable item for Robin? If so has anyone gotten it?

strange feelings re Daisy
Aug 2, 2000

Has anyone found a good site with advanced combos like juggle and crossup chains in text/icon format? It seems like most of the stuff like that I'm finding is in youtube videos which I hate. I don't want to watch a ten minute video to find a move it would take me 5 seconds to read.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

strange feelings re Daisy posted:

Has anyone found a good site with advanced combos like juggle and crossup chains in text/icon format? It seems like most of the stuff like that I'm finding is in youtube videos which I hate. I don't want to watch a ten minute video to find a move it would take me 5 seconds to read.

testyourmight.com is the place to go, biggest NRS community site.

Sadly they are in a bit of a phase right now where everyone wants to use discord(which I think is awful for sharing information as its just a glorified chatroom) but there is still plenty to find on the forums, there is character forums for everyone and such.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Apparently there is no other way to get source crystals other than leveling up (100-150 per level up). Or to buy them - it's like a free to play game that encourages you to buy things but it's a paid for game. If I had known this I wouldn't have spent all the ones I had just changing outfits for a character. Very dickish of NetherRealm and WB.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

If your opponent isn't immediately mashing the 'find next opponent' option after you beat them, then you didn't really win.

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Apparently there is no other way to get source crystals other than leveling up (100-150 per level up). Or to buy them - it's like a free to play game that encourages you to buy things but it's a paid for game. If I had known this I wouldn't have spent all the ones I had just changing outfits for a character. Very dickish of NetherRealm and WB.

Putting this garbage in full price games is the worst poo poo ever. Luckily, I'm only really interested in two of the premium skins and don't much care what my gear looks like.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
drat, I got the game, but it looks like no one in Asia is interesting in DC super heroes. All of the available matches have super high ping!

How is the game about gear? Do people like to play with gear or is it easy to find a match with people who just want to play a fighting game?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

nickmeister posted:

drat, I got the game, but it looks like no one in Asia is interesting in DC super heroes. All of the available matches have super high ping!

How is the game about gear? Do people like to play with gear or is it easy to find a match with people who just want to play a fighting game?

Ranked matches are where you should go if you want to play without gear.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Edit: ^^^^

Dan Didio posted:

Putting this garbage in full price games is the worst poo poo ever. Luckily, I'm only really interested in two of the premium skins and don't much care what my gear looks like.

Yeah if I would have known that I would have used them to get Vixen and Guy Garrick, oh well.
------------------

Unfortunatly my PS4 didn't record this, my WW fighting a Supergirl that kept using her go off screen and comes out the other side (is it space port?). I heard the guy say "bullshit" when that's all he was doing and I kept blocking an punishing. Oh well, learn another move. :slick:

Any tips for Poison Ivy or Black Canary? I'm going to start leveling one of them up. I think I want to start with Ivy to try out because then I will try Harley and Catwoman fpr the Gotham sirens.

VVV: HAHA yeah it was BS because this game doesn't have a block button like MK but once people learned how to block it most scorpions stopped using it in Gods Among Us. That's how I treated that Supergirl player, I already knew from fighting tons of Scorpions haha.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 13:10 on May 19, 2017

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Unfortunatly my PS4 didn't record this, my WW fighting a Supergirl that kept using her go off screen and comes out the other side (is it space port?). I heard the guy say "bullshit" when that's all he was doing and I kept blocking an punishing. Oh well, learn another move. :slick:

Yes, that's Space Port, or as it's more commonly known 'that bullshit Scorpion teleport move Chris wouldn't stop spamming on me in third grade'.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Jmcrofts posted:

I did a video that hopefully will be helpful for anyone who's having a hard time against zoners/projectile-heavy characters

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oCRmnAG0iiw

I'm just going to put this in the OP if people aren't used to this

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

More tutorial questions! I'm practicing with Black Canary and her Front Handspring follow-ups (df3). The one where you just have to hold 3 is easy. But then the other two it says to hold d+3 or u+3, how does that work, I was able to mash through it after repeating 100 times but I don't actually understand the timing or presses

Edit: Welp, as soon as I posted that I managed to figure it out. My reflexes feel shot

Yeah, the thing it doesn't make clear is that they're not so much follow-ups as interrupts. So not knowing that totally throws off your timing.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
So I decided to front the money to level up black canary, cheetah, and poison ivy along with getting the skins - now their levels went back down. it saved the the source crystals I had (after using them). WB's answer was to power down the system, uninstall and reinstall the game - so now I'm waiting to download 11ish gbs of game now. loving hell. I am going to be furious if this doesn't work.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

nunsexmonkrock posted:

So I decided to front the money to level up black canary, cheetah, and poison ivy along with getting the skins - now their levels went back down. it saved the the source crystals I had (after using them). WB's answer was to power down the system, uninstall and reinstall the game - so now I'm waiting to download 11ish gbs of game now. loving hell. I am going to be furious if this doesn't work.

I haven't had the issue myself but a few game site shave reported on it. You don't have to reinstall. Power down (not rest mode) for at least 5 minutes. That clears the cache, then you should be good.

Others have said just going into the character tutorial for the one that lost levels restores them too.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^^ Too late: already deleted it and waiting for reinstall :argh:

Aphrodite posted:

I haven't had the issue myself but a few game site shave reported on it. You don't have to reinstall. Power down (not rest mode) for at least 5 minutes. That clears the cache, then you should be good.

Others have said just going into the character tutorial for the one that lost levels restores them too.

I wouldn't have been upset and just dealt with it if it was ingame earned money - but since I paid real cash - it's kinda a big deal to me.

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
I feel really dumb for asking this, but what is the little arrow icon that shows up under the health bar sometimes?

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009

MrJacobs posted:

Is the Nightwing staff an obtainable item for Robin? If so has anyone gotten it?

Yeah I got it from a mother box drop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Thern posted:

I feel really dumb for asking this, but what is the little arrow icon that shows up under the health bar sometimes?

No clue myself, I would like to know what all the modifiers do in multiverse - it's not very self explanitory - except for "Power of Zoom" - drat I hate that one, I just button mash because it's all too quick. - but I can't check - reinstalling game at the moment.

• Locked thread