Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Cavauro posted:

Dolph should become a "science guy" then create and release a confusing new show that a lot of people very much don't care for

Dolph announces gender is a spectrum and immediately becomes the hottest heel in the business

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

How mad do you think it makes dolph that they started hiring the good wrestlers instead of a million Jinder Mahal types. Like you go from trying to steal the show from Chris Masters to trying to steal it from AJ Styles. It's really not fair to him, in a way.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

projecthalaxy posted:

How mad do you think it makes dolph that they started hiring the good wrestlers instead of a million Jinder Mahal types. Like you go from trying to steal the show from Chris Masters to trying to steal it from AJ Styles. It's really not fair to him, in a way.

I hope it makes him really mad because Dolph is a legitimately terrible person, and is also the polar opposite of funny. There's also the fact that his matches have been pretty mediocre as of late, along with his mic work.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

dolph is good at throwing himself around like a rag doll and getting concussions, but at least he has an amateur background

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Dolph Ziggler debuted (as Dolph Ziggler, that is) in September of 2008. When did he become "surplus to requirements". Certainly when Bryan debuted in 2010, but was it before? Has WWE ever needed a Dolph Ziggler?

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
i like dolph ziggler when hes not wrestling the miz and sometimes even when he is wrestling the miz

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

projecthalaxy posted:

Dolph Ziggler debuted (as Dolph Ziggler, that is) in September of 2008. When did he become "surplus to requirements". Certainly when Bryan debuted in 2010, but was it before? Has WWE ever needed a Dolph Ziggler?

you can always use a guy that sells like death

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Dolph is a pretty good guy to take the Kinshasa and fly off into a sparkle like he was in Super Smash Bros

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

projecthalaxy posted:

How the forum opinion has completely flipped on Dolph over the last 2-3 years will never not be amazing.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Remember when Dolph cashed in on Del Rio and everyone went nuts?

Web Jew.0
May 13, 2009

Rhonne posted:

I don't think you understand how "was always bad" works.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Rhonne posted:

They had a hope they were making a new star. This was incorrect. Seriously, the concussion storyline and being quickly jobbed out to Del Rio of all people, then moved swiftly back down to midcard after he returned from injury is a good way to make people no longer care about him, and make Dolph more bitter.

Honestly I'm not even sure why people like Team Rocket that much. AJ and Big E were super likeable, but as a unit they didn't even really combine well.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Emma's Emmalina gear:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Rhonne posted:

How much title changes ever happened on TV at that point

Also it was off of champ Del Rio, which I can easily believe was a thing people were sick of at any point

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

No wonder Emma did her best to sabotage the gimmick.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Do you want to know what we do to artists?
Remember that time Dolph was the last man standing in a Survivor Series match, coming back from a 3 on 1 situation, and won with a little help from Sting at the end? Then the next night he came out and gave all the credit to Sting and everyone barely acknowledged that he was the sole survivor.

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

Rhonne posted:

Remember that time Dolph was the last man standing in a Survivor Series match, coming back from a 3 on 1 situation, and won with a little help from Sting at the end? Then the next night he came out and gave all the credit to Sting and everyone barely acknowledged that he was the sole survivor.

They built it up as a big moment kinda......except didn't follow through with booking, and put all the focus on the fact that Cena could reinstate the Authority any time he wanted to.

They made it incredibly obvious immediately that the stip was going to be reversed, so Dolph's big win meant a lot less.

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

rovert posted:

Emma's Emmalina gear:

The costume budget must be going down if they were going to put her in some bedazzled Spanx

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!

rovert posted:

Emma's Emmalina gear:

This extremely beautiful woman who is on great shape? Let's put her in the least flattering outfit ever.

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

maybe she'd start out in the potato sack gear, roll under the ring and put on some cindarella gear, and hulk the gently caress out

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug

rovert posted:

Emma's Emmalina gear:

The gimmick didn't sound terrible terrible, but dear god, who came up with the idea for that gear? Is it the same person who does Nia Jax's horrible gear?

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

This is from a few days ago, but I just got around to seeing Erick, "The Vintner" Rowan's appearance on Talking Smack. And I totally recommend it to all those who haven't yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cGlcT93IbKk

I love Rene's little scowl and crossed arms after her balloon is popped. Also the one furry ear on his laughter mask.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Happy May 19th, everybody. May we all die in fire.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

I'm glad Rowan has finally recognized the greatness of Majora's Mask

I eagerly look forward to Fierce Deity Rowan

Blooming Brilliant
Jul 12, 2010

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is from a few days ago, but I just got around to seeing Erick, "The Vintner" Rowan's appearance on Talking Smack. And I totally recommend it to all those who haven't yet.

I love Rene's little scowl and crossed arms after her balloon is popped. Also the one furry ear on his laughter mask.

Being honest that was a pretty good Joker laugh by Rowan at the end.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Finally got around to watching SmackDown and yes, AJ/Jinder was as sloppy as advertised because Jinder's moveset comes from 1985 and he loving telegraphs everything.

I guarantee you KO/AJ is going on last because Randy has no hope of making Jinder look even decent.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

BrigadierSensible posted:

So is Rowan's gimmick basically Leatherface in that different masks have different personalities? I can dig it. Kind of wild that Tom Savini designed one of his masks.

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

Eli Wiggum posted:

Finally got around to watching SmackDown and yes, AJ/Jinder was as sloppy as advertised because Jinder's moveset comes from 1985 and he loving telegraphs everything.

I guarantee you KO/AJ is going on last because Randy has no hope of making Jinder look even decent.

Randy/Jinder for opening match, closing with Nakamura is my bet.

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

So does Nakamura get his violinist intro again?

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I can't wait for the next smackdown ppv where wwe champion Randy Orton faces off against his toughest challenge to date, Erick Rowan.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008
I had a dream that WM this year had a main event of Styles/Cena/Nakamura for the title. Ah, to dream.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Happy :siren:Kane:siren: day everyone

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i can't stand triple threats. There are too many doggone threats going around and i aint got a strong constitution

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

maybe :nws: http://imgur.com/NesG6pt

Mr. America's only weakness!

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

dromal phrenia posted:

maybe :nws: http://imgur.com/NesG6pt

Mr. America's only weakness!

Same

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

Cubone posted:

https://twitter.com/HEELZiggler/status/864511085851930625

Dolph Ziggler isn't funny, but at least he knows his archetype

*john oliver voice* why would you train your skiers at juilliard? it's nonsensical! it wouldn't make sense! you just wouldn't do it!

rovert posted:

Emma's Emmalina gear:

what's up with her legs

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Pretty much all the women wears tights.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Love Becky continually ripping the booking https://twitter.com/SoDuTw/status/865661893221986304

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
*beats thread with a chair to put it out of its misery*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Rhonne posted:

Remember when people were actually looking forward to a Roman Reigns World Title run during his Shield days?

gently caress WWE booking.

• Locked thread