Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

zootopia is my favorite marvel movie

these aren't the kinds of mutant powers i wanted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I recommend buying ZeniMax Media's Prey. Although I am also a fan of Time Warner's Injustice 2 and am playing it right now. They are so different it's really about what you're in the mood for

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Fulchrum posted:

So, which should I get, Prey or Injustice 2? Fan of both fighting games and RPG shooters.

They also made Persona 5, so anyone saying they don't make great games can get fuuuuucked.

If you're a fan of fighting games don't get injustice 2 because Rev2 and Tekken 7 are a week away

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I mean, Injustice 2 is probably worth at least a rental until then

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In Training posted:

If you're a fan of fighting games don't get injustice 2 because Rev2 and Tekken 7 are a week away

What if they want to play a good fighting game.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

In Training posted:

Not to mention ARMS in a month's time.

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

Lurdiak posted:

Are you freaking kidding me

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Lurdiak posted:

Definitely don't bother with Injustice 2 then

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Injustice 2 is fun because I can beat up Gorilla Grodd as the Flash :)

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I don't follow western comic books so DC characters are especially a mystery to me since they don't have okay movies I could have watched either

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Ok let me explain DC.

Imagine if anime starred adults.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka posted:

I don't follow western comic books so DC characters are especially a mystery to me since they don't have okay movies I could have watched either

Injustice 2 lets you play as an alien named Atrocitus who is the embodiment of hate and he can fire angry death out of his face and summon his cute pet kitty cat to help him out via the cat firing cute angry death out of his face

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Actually you know what

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=83PF5cJyO8s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ItIXcpf6uhw

There, now you can understand DC in terms familiar to you.

FirstAidKite posted:

Injustice 2 lets you play as an alien named Atrocitus who is the embodiment of hate and he can fire angry death out of his face and summon his cute pet kitty cat to help him out via the cat firing cute angry death out of his face

Also there is a gorilla.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

FirstAidKite posted:

Sounds atrocious as gently caress and not anime to me.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Batman: the Brave and the Bold is better than most/all anime.

Macarius Wrench
Mar 28, 2017

by Lowtax
So is The Simpsons.

Heck so is Futurama and that show is duuuuull.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

lol

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Soule's run on Red Lanterns is a lot of fun.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I am glad that injustice 2 allows crazy catlover Atrocitus and his pet cat Dex Starr to fight against others.

I also like that Dex Starr is treated like a...idk if there's a proper fighting game term for it, but you press a button to summon him and he modifies some of your attacks while he is out iirc

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
So like a stance or a mode?

Red Bones
Aug 9, 2012

"I think he's a bad enough person to stay ghost through his sheer love of child-killing."

Sakurazuka posted:

I dunno if it's worth trying to understand DC comics considering its mostly really bad and they seem to just reboot it every couple of years anyway.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

DC Comics is Dragon Ball but with white people

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Red Bones posted:

I dunno if it's worth trying to understand DC comics considering its mostly really bad and they seem to just reboot it every couple of years anyway.

DC's last reboot went pretty well and they're in a better state than they've been for years. But I take your point.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I am willing to bet that the next activision game to come to the Blizzard Launcher (which was probably rebranded in this manner due to Destiny 2) would be the Call of Duty series.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The generic "battle.net" name would actually work better in that case though

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Imo Destiny 2 fits the Blizzard brand and doesn't look out of place next to Overwatch or Diablo unlike CoDs (maybe it's about the fantasy settings vs going for realism). However, if they're planning to actually expand their platform to other games then releasing the new CoD exclusively on battle.net would be the way to go.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
I'm looking forward to having 20 different launchers/clients - all for different publishers - sitting in my taskbar at once, and dealing with the Bethesda.net Launcher for the Quake beta has made me even more comfortable that this is the one true good future that is Best For The Platform.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Batman TAS on Fox and JL/JLU on Cartoon Network are all you really need to watch as a layman to get and enjoy DC. They ranged from solid to great. I don't think they ever had cat sidekicks show up back then though which is a shame.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I watched BTAS as a kid but that was a long time ago.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

The Kins posted:

I'm looking forward to having 20 different launchers/clients - all for different publishers - sitting in my taskbar at once, and dealing with the Bethesda.net Launcher for the Quake beta has made me even more comfortable that this is the one true good future that is Best For The Platform.

Years ago every individual game had its own launcher, when you had to put the CD in your disc drive to play the game as basic copy protection. Time is a flat circle, and we return to the old ways. The dream of unifying everything under one banner, like most utopian dreams of empire, was never something that could really become a reality. What we have now follows the trends across all social structures in late capitalism

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Years ago every individual game had its own launcher, when you had to put the CD in your disc drive to play the game as basic copy protection. Time is a flat circle, and we return to the old ways. The dream of unifying everything under one banner, like most utopian dreams of empire, was never something that could really become a reality. What we have now follows the trends across all social structures in late capitalism
Does anyone know how I can get a refund from the StarForce Launcher?

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I'm glad the Destiny sequel isn't a major shake up in terms of the basics (not that a sequel is likely to change much) hopefully there isn't a bunch of stupid poo poo that has yet to be mentioned.

Not sure if it will be a popular pc game though, I feel that games basicallaly built from Halo aren't as impressive to the pc audience.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Star Citizen will be the true Destiny-killer.

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

We should go back to this kind of copy protection

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I remember playing the Carmen Sandiego games that came with a reference book and to start the game you had to type in a word from a specific page

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Pretty sure one company controlling all game distribution would be extremely capitalism.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Olive Garden tonight! posted:

We should go back to this kind of copy protection

Yeah I remember taking that apart and photocopying it at school...

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I remember playing the Carmen Sandiego games that came with a reference book and to start the game you had to type in a word from a specific page

goldbox did this too except sometimes it would tell you to look for a word on a line and it was in a story exposition section

with that said, i distinctly remember the very last time i ever played carmen sandiego. it was mid-high interpol rank and every description given pointed to the culprit being carmen sandiego and then it wasn't despite that being the only information the game gave me

Fur20 fucked around with this message at 10:07 on May 19, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

The White Dragon posted:

goldbox did this too except sometimes it would tell you to look for a word on a line and it was in a story exposition section

With the latter games they must've randomised it or something as half the time you'd go poring through the Adventurers Journal for the word "the".

• Locked thread