Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

:kheldragar: My Dad mentioned this was coming down the pipeline. Watch the SES and CFA be merged. SES is going to actually be funded for once. Thank gently caress. Libs shot themselves in the foot with crying over that EBA.

I raised this last year because A) it makes sense and B) gently caress you.

I'm really pleased with it. They're going to act like he's being strong armed by the UFU, but he genuinely wants to give them a raise and improve their conditions because they're professional people stopping you and your poo poo from being burned to a crisp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

JBP posted:

Daniel Andrews, in an act of unbridled gently caress off savagery, has spun out the CFA from MFB and a new professional firefighting organisation (Fire Rescue something).

The two were an overlapping clusterfuck for years, why are people upset about the consolidation other than tradition or heritage or whatever?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

Frogfingers posted:

The two were an overlapping clusterfuck for years, why are people upset about the consolidation other than tradition or heritage or whatever?

Because they vote Nationals. And Labah bad.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Frogfingers posted:

are volunteers

The LNP will be furious that their pilot programme to use volunteers to gently caress public sector EBAs has failed as well.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

Frogfingers posted:

State and Federal Libs whipped the volunteers into a frenzy before the last state election, and made it a noisy election issue.

Federal Libs then passed legislation preventing an enterprise bargaining agreement for paid CFA staff from passing (by allowing volunteers to appeal/veto clauses they disagreed with) as a way of saying thanks.

The State Libs were pushing a "hands off the CFA" agenda, in that they were objecting to the EBA via the volunteers association (fronted by a sycophantic Lib fuckhead).

State Govt (Labor) received advice that any future EBA would be untenable due to the legislation the Federal Libs passed. State Govt says "Have what you want, have hands off the CFA, have your volunteer only organisation" and is now intending to consolidate both CFA and MFB into a single fire service called Fire Rescue Victoria.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
Only consolidating CFA career firefighters and the MFB. CFA will remain, but be volunteer only.

Also intending to go from 100 paid female firefighters to 400.

WhiskeyWhiskers fucked around with this message at 05:59 on May 19, 2017

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/James_Jeffrey/status/865174901916749825

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/RealMarkLatham/status/865405463596195842

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk could win the next state election by a very narrow margin if it was held today, new polling has revealed.

A ReachTEL survey, commissioned by the Together union, found Labor would receive 51 per cent of the vote, two-party preferred, after the allocation of respondent preferences, to 49 per cent for the LNP.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Anidav posted:

Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk could win the next state election by a very narrow margin if it was held today, new polling has revealed.

A ReachTEL survey, commissioned by the Together union, found Labor would receive 51 per cent of the vote, two-party preferred, after the allocation of respondent preferences, to 49 per cent for the LNP.

Do you have any polling for a state that matters?

Dude McAwesome posted:

State and Federal Libs whipped the volunteers into a frenzy before the last state election, and made it a noisy election issue.

Federal Libs then passed legislation preventing an enterprise bargaining agreement for paid CFA staff from passing (by allowing volunteers to appeal/veto clauses they disagreed with) as a way of saying thanks.

The State Libs were pushing a "hands off the CFA" agenda, in that they were objecting to the EBA via the volunteers association (fronted by a sycophantic Lib fuckhead).

State Govt (Labor) received advice that any future EBA would be untenable due to the legislation the Federal Libs passed. State Govt says "Have what you want, have hands off the CFA, have your volunteer only organisation" and is now intending to consolidate both CFA and MFB into a single fire service called Fire Rescue Victoria.

Thanks for the rundown, I feel like the media has been very obtuse about what happened, and now that Fairfax is going Galt as well I can see why.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Ex- Casual employee wins case against me! [Whirlpool]

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I just discovered today that one of the companies involved in that big scandal that's in the news is called synep lol.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

The comments are much better than I expected.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
I would like to point out that I actually pay my staff around $2 extra per hour, as they do work very hard. So in return, I assumed/expected a little bit of flexibility from her. For her to claim mobile expenses is a bit rich, considering that I allow them to use the Wi-Fi in their lunch breaks.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Rookie mistake sacking a casual staff instead of just not giving them any work.

bigis
Jun 21, 2006
They should teach workplace rights in school. When I was a supermarket casual employee I was expected to organise a replacement for shifts I was unavailable for.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Also intending to go from 100 paid female firefighters to 400.

That's very ambitious.

Frogfingers posted:

Thanks for the rundown, I feel like the media has been very obtuse about what happened, and now that Fairfax is going Galt as well I can see why.

The media have been absolutely shithouse about it. Just playing the usual "unions bad" type articles.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

I'm not racist, I'm mates with Bangladesh, the guy who sells me kebabs. No, I don't know his real name.
Imagine thinking it's ok to hand out the personal contact information of all your staff to all your other staff without their knowledge or consent because you can't be hosed doing your job. Not giving a poo poo about the lives of other people must be so liberating.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

https://twitter.com/JamColley/status/865424915951898625

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Has anybody heard anything about this rumor going around that Peter Dutton is a massive Gary sweet fan and ever since shaving his head has started calling himself Gary, he claims it was his nickname in school, and makes all his staff call him that too?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Man It blew my mind when I found out that the emergency exit sign in the senate is red.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
The real burning question on everyone's mind is obviously who did that amazing flat panel glass work?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Eat poo poo and also the comments are very reasonable.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

People are like "are you trolling?" This is barely even unreasonable behaviour as far as the intrepid small job creator goes.

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

JBP posted:

Eat poo poo and also the comments are very reasonable.

Imagine being such a stereotypical fygm small business owner that even whirlpool goes workers of the world unite on you, loving hell

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Daniel Andrews seems to continue to be pretty good at his job all-round. One does wonder if he has federal ambitions. I don't know that he'd be better than a Bowen or a Plibersek, but at least at a state level he's really doing a very solid job.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Media trying to drum up that Albo is challenging Shorten over a speech where Albo said rather than be opposing for the sake if opposing should point out that the Liberals have dropped Neoliberalism and Labor won.

So many bows.

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Majestic posted:

Daniel Andrews seems to continue to be pretty good at his job all-round. One does wonder if he has federal ambitions. I don't know that he'd be better than a Bowen or a Plibersek, but at least at a state level he's really doing a very solid job.

And yet magically, his approval ratings aren't that crash hot.
The last poll was in March (so it's a fair bit out of date), but 2pp shows LNP winning handily.

Luckily, it's not like PHON have any sway here.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."

Schlesische posted:

The last poll was in March (so it's a fair bit out of date), but 2pp shows LNP winning handily.

Yoof crime! Apex gang!

That's literally it.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Ruddock is our go to man to try swing a seat on the UNHRC [ABC]

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

This but unironically.

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

Noooo not Dr Karl

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Schlesische posted:

That blows my mind because it seems that he's constantly actually doing things to make life better for everyone rather than just blaming the previous mob and doing gently caress all.

Anidav posted:

This but unironically.

Old man isn't wearing 20 year old New Balances. 3/10.

Though I do support any program that alienates large blocks of voters against the Libs, so go for it?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Schlesische posted:

If the evidence is Murdoch rags playing up a ReachTEL poll, I'm not playing along. Is there a Newspoll/Essential/Ipsos?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

ewe2 posted:

If the evidence is Murdoch rags playing up a ReachTEL poll, I'm not playing along. Is there a Newspoll/Essential/Ipsos?

The only other poll taken this year was a Galaxy showing Labour ahead 51-49. The ReachTEL poll also fit with the simmering discontentment over a bunch of trivial non-issues that were always going to bring Labour's 2PP down a bunch (the skyrail bullshit, some of the usual "Labor has bad hombres in parliament" bullshit and lingering 'BUT ARE CEE EFF AYY')

AgentF
May 11, 2009

Anidav posted:

This but unironically.

David Dees turning to Auspol?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

JOBS AND GROWTH BEEP BEEP BEEP BLUDGER DETECTED *PLAYS A CURRENT AFFAIR JINGLE ON LOUDSPEAKER WHILE FIRING LASERS AT TARGET*

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

JOBS AND GROWTH BEEP BEEP BEEP BLUDGER DETECTED *PLAYS A CURRENT AFFAIR JINGLE ON LOUDSPEAKER WHILE FIRING LASERS AT TARGET*

The secret is the special detection software on the Killbot is configured to always give a positive scan for maximum revenue capture and to kill more poors (suitably siphoned off to the right debt collection agencies so your mates can get a cut, of course).

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Someone make me an avatar of debt bot killing boomers pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bogan King
Jan 21, 2013

)))dogfucker(((

• Locked thread