Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Constipated
Nov 25, 2009

Gotta make that money man its still the same now
Just cut a hole in the middle of a tarp and wear it like a giant poncho. No need for underwear or anything!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Cobra Commander posted:

I'm thinking if you can't find jeans that fit anymore just get women's jeans or jeggings.

This is my fetish, so uyes please

Maybe put on some makeup as well

Maybe put on a wig also? Just making suggestions here

If this is something you could "be into" please send me a PM and ill make arrangements

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
just start wearing kilts and/or miniskirts

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Sweatpants is the answer

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

Cobra Commander posted:

I'm thinking if you can't find jeans that fit anymore just get women's jeans or jeggings.

They make them for men now, well at Lee has some that are jeggings like.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Sweatpants is the answer

lifechanging

http://www.alternativeapparel.com/dodgeball-eco-fleece-pants-09881f2

Bacontotem
May 27, 2010

Got back above being able to do more than 20 push ups in a set. Shoulder injury pain sucks.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
stay safe deltoid ghost

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
My shoulder problem is back too

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Also both elbows still bad, and right wrist/thumb is kinda hosed up

Inside of right knee feels iffy if I ever front squat, and I'm fat

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
I'm able to squat and deadlift more than 2 plates painfree again after almost 3/4 year of my back being a whiny baby.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

:prepop:

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I may or may not have pooped a little while dradlifting heavy today.
You decide.

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I may or may not have pooped a little while dradlifting heavy today.
You decide.

did you lock it out? if so, then all is forgiven

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

Thesaurus posted:

did you lock it out? if so, then all is forgiven*

*as long as it was >= 405lbs, otherwise it doesn't count

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Yes.
E:poo poo, not 405 yet. I'll hit that next week (the last week of this 5/3/1)

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Just got home from the gym

now i'm gonna eat 700 grams of lamb

good times, my friends

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

7x3 jerks at 225. (instagram video link, this was set 2)

Two lessons from today:

1. I'm powering through on strength too much and not really letting proper form do its job. It wasn't until around the end of the 5th set that I really started landing properly (because by then my shoulders were so wiped I had to land properly).

2. I seriously gotta get a tripod or some poo poo if I'm gonna keep recording these. Videos from the floor are never flattering.

a dingus
Mar 22, 2008

Rhetorical questions only
Fun Shoe

LanceHunter posted:

Two lessons from today:

1. I'm powering through on strength too much and not really letting proper form do its job. It wasn't until around the end of the 5th set that I really started landing properly (because by then my shoulders were so wiped I had to land properly).

2. I seriously gotta get a tripod or some poo poo if I'm gonna keep recording these. Videos from the floor are never flattering.

It looks like if you got under the bar faster you could push later in your extension. Is that what you meant? I don't ever do oly lifts.

I find putting the phone further away and cropping closer works ok. It's still not the best angle.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

LanceHunter posted:

Two lessons from today:

Gotta stretch and improve that front rack man. eventually you wont be able to support the bar during the dip.

Had my other elbow cleaned up today. Ill have the best elbows money can buy in a few weeks.

Thanks Obama.

bamhand
Apr 15, 2010
Is that bone? Cartilage?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

bamhand posted:

Is that bone? Cartilage?

bone spurs that had come off and were floating around.

i was in a bad car wreck a few years ago. death gripped the steering wheel when i rear ended someone. things have just gradually gotten worse sense and finally reached a tipping point late last year.

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

drat and I thought the sliver of bone they pulled out of my ankle was big. One of those in that picture looked raisin sized.

Was your elbow just kind of bumpy and poking out in places or were those all in the joint?

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Did deadlifts for the first time in 3 months today and my back didnt explode. YET.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

It might even be up to 15% bf now. I'm looking seriously gross.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

sassassin posted:

GET BEEFY

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Today a lady (who usually uses the weights in the weight room) set up for her off day jump rope/crunches/pedal crunches/kettle bell swings... in the fuckin' doorway of the weight room.
:confused:

Psycho Society
Oct 21, 2010

Today a lady (who usually uses the weights in the weight room) set up for her off day jump rope/crunches/pedal crunches/kettle bell swings... in the fuckin' doorway of the weight room.

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

sassassin posted:

I'm nearing the end of my cut and while I objectively know I'm much less gross, as time goes on I just feel like I was fatter and fatter at the start of my diet, and that I haven't really changed.

Well she got your/our attention

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
I'm lifting weights. It's payday next week, gonna spend my money on spreadsheets :getin:

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
I was incorporating some more pulling today for my shoulders and noticed I may have some instability issues. More specifically with horizontal rows on the negative part. They don't hurt but on the negative I sort of have that feeling like they want to pull out from the socket. I'm not sure if that's actually what I'm describing, but you know how some people can make their shoulder do that weird pull out thing? It didn't do that specifically but that's sort of the same feeling. Should I be keeping my shoulder blades pinched back the whole time during the row, during most of the negative until I get to the end and my shoulders come out of external rotation, and release them then, or should I be retracing and detracting with the ROM itself, as in start slow retracting at the start of the rep, finish retraction at the end of the concentric, and repeat in reverse with the eccentric? I hope that makes sense. I think I've been letting my retraction loose too early on the negative. I've been doing a good bit of Pendlay rows until today so that explains why I suck at that part. I think I was letting my shoulder blades start to protract as soon as I started the negative. Doing a body weight pull up they seem to feel fine and naturally know what to do, but rowing is just weird for me.

edit: I'm going to try to clean this up. Here are a few ways I can think of to do a row and move my shoulder blades, I'll list them.

1: As I start the concentric, pull shoulder blades back with rep, then let shoulder blades release slowly with the negative. This is how I was doing them tonight
2: Just keep them retracted the whole time.
3: Retract them as you start the rep, and keep them retracted the whole time I have my shoulders pulled back in external rotation, keep them that way as I do the negative and let them release at the end of the rep when my shoulders rotate forwards again.

Which is the best? Should my shoulders themselves stay in external rotation the whole time? A youtube link would be fine assuming it explains this stuff, but I'd really like to see opinions rather than just trying whichever link I'd happen to find myself. My knee and wrists feel better now, and I'd like to make sure my shoulders stay healthy so I can finally be injury free for once.

e 2: I thought I put this in the ylls thread, but it can stay here too I guess

Drunk Driver Dad fucked around with this message at 09:25 on May 19, 2017

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

Pesmerga posted:

I'm lifting weights. It's payday next week, gonna spend my money on spreadsheets :getin:

Cool, could you share them with me after

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

do whatever hurts the most as you need to break things down to build them up, also the law of no pain no gain. make sure your salami intake is at acceptable levels. this is important

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

How are you even still alive Drunk Driver Dad

Your body is falling apart

you should be in a hospital at all times

Drunk Driver Dad
Feb 18, 2005
actually I'm doing much better, if you would have managed to get to the end of the post you would know that but I don't blame you for not. I fixed my knee and wrists. My shoulder doesn't even hurt I just want to make sure to row correctly since I'll be doing more of them. also I don't know that I am alive

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017

It's only a matter of time, soon your body will explode in a hail of old bones and sinew

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
just eat salami and lift big till u inevitably die a painful death

canned from the band
Sep 13, 2007

I'm a man of intensity. Of cool, and youth, and passionately
as long as u look good doing it

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
as long as time flows.
Just don't drop the warm up weights on your neck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug

Just don't drop the warm up weights on your neck.

Sounds like you speak from experience .