Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

McSpankWich posted:

That's odd. I've wasted a ton of orbs sleeping and even a few during the day just not paying attention and I'm like 27k. Are the points you get from each run based on damage as well? Or just coins?

i think the actual problem is that i didnt miss most of my time until bahamut was level 20+, so probably when you miss time is much more crucial than how much, depending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

McSpankWich posted:

That's odd. I've wasted a ton of orbs sleeping and even a few during the day just not paying attention and I'm like 27k. Are the points you get from each run based on damage as well? Or just coins?

Score and coins are determined by difficulty and level bonus. Nothing else affects it. I miss a couple orbs each night but I'm at around 16k right now. People are probably grinding this more than FFXIV because it's easy xp/gil/mini burst pots in addition to the extra moogles for TMs.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

hagie posted:

sent you a request as my Fryevia v1 will be up tomorrow or Saturday.

you are at capacity, shoot me an invite 878 326 285

Sent, thought i had left a slot open.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008
I have no idea where this data came from, but the wiki page for the event tomorrow was updated to include Purecrysts for sale. 30k x 3 limit, 80k x 1 limit for each.

http://exvius.gamepedia.com/The_Battle_of_Judecca#Materials

edit- VVV I guess I'm just surprised it came in so late considering people datamine immediately as maintenance goes into effect.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 05:23 on May 19, 2017

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Probably data mining, also there's a materia for AoE MP drain which should be real handy in arena if it can do enough MP damage to neutralize an entire enemy team.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost

Scrublord Prime posted:

Probably data mining, also there's a materia for AoE MP drain which should be real handy in arena if it can do enough MP damage to neutralize an entire enemy team.

That's Rem-exclusive, unless they removed the restriction from global. Multitask is King-exclusive in JP.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Varance posted:

That's Rem-exclusive, unless they removed the restriction from global. Multitask is King-exclusive in JP.

:whitewater:

Trilin
Dec 15, 2009

Ah! There he is!
Since I didn't get Zyrus from daily pulls, I started burning tickets chasing him

Mustadio
Rydia
Xon
Shadow
Arc
Freya
Ulrica
Nine
Edgar
Kain
Terra
Firion
Gilbert
Krile
Kain
Artemios
Kefka
Guy
Kain
Medius
Kain
Bartz
Gau
Kain
Firion
Zidane
Rakshasa
Eight
Shera
Firion
Cyan
Fang
Firion
Kain
Tellah
Mustadio
Fang
Zidane
Kain
CoD
Shine
Roselia

So after 50 summons, I got 49 utterly useless characters (Xon being the one exception), with a particularly spectacular 30 consecutive blue crystals and mindboggling 6% gold rate (vs the expected 20%)

Yea, I'd say my F2P rear end just got utterly raped.

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012
ELT costs 25 energy :gonk:

Without any bonus units, it returns ~400, so better get to pulling! :gumi:

E: edit due to fat fingers

Shingouryu fucked around with this message at 09:36 on May 19, 2017

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?

Shingouryu posted:

ELT costs 25 energy :gonk:

Without any bonus units, it returns ~600, so better get to pulling! :gumi:

It's actually better than previous events - the 25 NRG ELT has about the same drop rate as the Orlandu event did per NRG, but it's a lot less effort to dump the full bar.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i must have pulled 50 times trying to get a setzer and never did, in exactly one half price pull i got king who i definitely dont want, but i guess he'll be nice for grinding??

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Apparently, 700ATK TGC can solo ELT? Nice.

It doesn't look like there's any gear/materia worth having if you don't pull a Rem though. Am I wrong?

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

BDawg posted:

Apparently, 700ATK TGC can solo ELT? Nice.

It doesn't look like there's any gear/materia worth having if you don't pull a Rem though. Am I wrong?

I'd get the daggers and siphon delta anyway, since you never know if you will pull Rem ages from now.

In other news, I have put up my Noctis for Echidna semi-cheesing. He has 95% dodge. Use Fish every round. Echidna's attacks are all hybrid for some reason, so she will constantly miss him, he will counter with Holy for MP gain (in the case she siphons him). As long as you're buff enough to tank the Tornado/Flare/Tremor on your other units (Minfilia is nice for this), you shouldn't have a problem. Have someone with Odin to fingersnap Noctis when he gets charmed.

e: Thank you Vax for having a Diabolos Orlandu so I had actual damage on my team.

double edit: Putting up 100% immune to Gilgamesh Lightning for a couple hours first for a friend!

Dana Crysalis fucked around with this message at 11:56 on May 19, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Holy moly, I've been a week without a full friend list. What does it take for a whale to get some friends? 103,135,071

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
The main thing I hate about the Type-0 events is despite having a bunch of Type-0 geeks already, all the old geeks are pointless and dont give any bonuses.

Even the Terra event was nice enough to have Terra and Kefka, even though it snubbed Celes despite the currency being fish.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
In my way in using tickets to farm for this stupid event, I used my 5 star powers to get Rem.

How good is she? I noticed she's some weird red mage character that stabs thing. The knife equivalent to what Primm's punching things was supposed to be.

Oh god another 5*, this time Marie. My luck is gonna die out when going for the peeps I actually want(Rikku Basically)

Shoenin fucked around with this message at 11:55 on May 19, 2017

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*

Shoenin posted:

In my way in using tickets to farm for this stupid event, I used my 5 star powers to get Rem.

How good is she? I noticed she's some weird red mage character that stabs thing. The knife equivalent to what Primm's punching things was supposed to be.

Oh god another 5*, this time Marie. My luck is gonna die out when going for the peeps I actually want(Rikku Basically)

Rem is primarily a healer with some ability to do damage, and some support abilities. She has an auto-revive that allows you to cheese some difficult bosses too.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

(and beating the dragon)
Might be a glitch, probably is, but Lamia's Scythe says it gives 55% atk when looking to spend phantoma.

I thought that was neat.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Shoenin posted:

Might be a glitch, probably is, but Lamia's Scythe says it gives 55% atk when looking to spend phantoma.

I thought that was neat.

It does, but only for Sice, supposedly, which makes sense. Too bad not even that can save her from being garbage.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Figured I'd throw 5 tickets at the banner for some Type-0 units to make gathering easier.

5* - and it's my 3rd Luneth. Thanks.
4* - Cool, another Vanille

Got 1 banner unit from the pulls, the 3*.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Shoenin posted:

The main thing I hate about the Type-0 events is despite having a bunch of Type-0 geeks already, all the old geeks are pointless and dont give any bonuses.

Even the Terra event was nice enough to have Terra and Kefka, even though it snubbed Celes despite the currency being fish.

Reminder: keep your Vaans and Penelos ready for eventual FF12 banner bonuses.

Voodoo
Jun 3, 2003

m2sbr what
Goddamn the ELT stage of this event seems super easy.

Edit: Guess that means I gotta spend a few tickets getting the bonus units. Too bad the old Type-0s don't work. Well played Gumi.

Voodoo fucked around with this message at 13:40 on May 19, 2017

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
:smugjones: half draw today was a Sice (though my free pull was a Hayate, so maybe it evens out?) anyway, setting it as friend unit if you need a bonus unit. even if its the worst one. 124.960.223

speaking of Hayate, i have a spot opening up on my TMR team soon (first Duel Wield at 93%!) which would be the better use of that spot -- Hayate for Black Cowl or another Shine for a second Quick Assault?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

:smugjones: half draw today was a Sice (though my free pull was a Hayate, so maybe it evens out?) anyway, setting it as friend unit if you need a bonus unit. even if its the worst one. 124.960.223

speaking of Hayate, i have a spot opening up on my TMR team soon (first Duel Wield at 93%!) which would be the better use of that spot -- Hayate for Black Cowl or another Shine for a second Quick Assault?

You can go here: http://www.ffbedb.com and see which gives you more bang for your buck.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
So, these +percentage weapons... maybe there's a good way to use then?

Like the old Hero Ring vs Hyper Wrist thing.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Cartoon Man posted:

You can go here: http://www.ffbedb.com and see which gives you more bang for your buck.

2nd quick assault it is! and thanks for that link -- its very nice

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

https://exvius.gamepedia.com/Summon_Simulator/20170519

:thumbsup:

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

This is an incredibly poo poo banner for an incredibly poo poo event

Gumi for the love of Christ please up the phantoma rate on the second week. It feels like the last time they did that was with the second lightning banner.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Cao Ni Ma posted:

This is an incredibly poo poo banner for an incredibly poo poo event

Gumi for the love of Christ please up the phantoma rate on the second week. It feels like the last time they did that was with the second lightning banner.

I'm sad that when they lazily cut and pasted the doublicorn sprite they didn't also cut and paste it's bonus currency

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I cleared out some 10 day + inactive Orlandus and Noctii, feel free to send me an invite if you need a pimped out Marie to beat some of these trials. She's good to go for Dark Espers, Bahamut, or Echidna. She's got 65% plus resistance to all elements except dark which is only 35%. She's got a ribbon equipped, so no bullshit status effects. She can dualcast cura, shellga,protectga, and bar-aga for all the elements at 70% except light/dark. Her love you all skill can cover all elements for 50%. She's also got turbo imperil.

Plus when you win, she gives you a big pink heart in celebration.

Don't forget to put something goony in your invite.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 15:10 on May 19, 2017

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
They sure do know how to make a grind event go to a screeching halt...20nrg for Pro? Yeesh.

I guess now I get to macro at night...

My Fryevia finally made it to max. 526MAG currently, but needle, rainbow robe, and L&A in the works. I'll probably try to buy enough star quartz to get the cat eat hat.

Might try the Dark Esper big trial this weekend. Need to iron out the strat utilizing Xon before I do anything.

hagie fucked around with this message at 15:15 on May 19, 2017

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

hagie posted:

They sure do know how to make a grind event go to a screeching halt...20nrg for Pro? Yeesh.

I guess now I get to macro at night...

My Fryevia finally made it to max. 526MAG currently, but needle, rainbow robe, and L&A in the works. I'll probably try to buy enough star quartz to get the cat eat hat.

Might try the Dark Esper big trial this weekend. Need to iron out the strat utilizing Xon before I do anything.

This event and banner suck but your Fryevia can probably solo ELT, at least.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy
You get more on average from these higher-priced missions than you did for the previous ones. In addition, the spawn rate of the bonus monsters seems to be higher.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Did my free pull, 1/2 pull, and 5 tickets on this banner as the only pulls, other than the free ones, I will be doing on it. Got King, Agrias #4, Gau, Shera, Faris #5, Rydia #5, and Ludmille #2. At least I got king for bonus and a 2nd potential dualcast, the rest weren't particularly useful though.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Got 2 Sices. Gonna get some tickets and materials and such.

Sice doesn't look terrible outside of not being a 6*. She AOE breaks, she has four Bladeblitzes with different full party stat buffs. She gets a spear/scythe which gives her a nice boost to her attack.

If you don't have a breaker or buffer yet, she's actually pretty good. Build her for HP/MP

Ling/Minfilia/Marie/Elza/Rain are all better than her in various ways. But she's not bad. Needs a 6*.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Mischalaniouse posted:

Rem is primarily a healer with some ability to do damage, and some support abilities. She has an auto-revive that allows you to cheese some difficult bosses too.

Rem is a really good DD too. She basically has a stacking Wildcard++. She gets really close to (or even exceeds) the 300% stat bonus cap at full BiS as well.

dangerous.hotdog fucked around with this message at 17:55 on May 19, 2017

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I started the Bahamut event late (haven't been playing a ton, but I'm up to the Robe, at least), but I did throw in and get a Reberta, who seems to be a total monster. Currently running 5* Vaan, 6* Firion, Terra, Trance Terra, and Reberta and have Pro pretty well under control. ELT seems a bit out of my reach.

I'm also super close to a Gugnir, one more 3* Moogle or a Kain and I can just moogle the rest and make her even better. She's already at like 400 attack with a Flame Lance, which I think is pretty drat high since I'm still in Dirnado. I suppose my Trance Terra goes huge when I finally get to Kolts and get a pair of Earrings for her, too.

Who should I work on next? I have a bunch of potential 6*s, but I'm not really sure what I need. I currently have Firion, Terra, Trance Terra, Reberta, and Cecil at 6*, Kefka, Chiziru, and Cerius at 5* max level and ready to go, then a collection of potential 6*s. I'm wondering if Rain would fill Vaan's spot of buffer/debuffer better or if I should look into Setzer for status or Refia for more hardcore healing than Terra can reliably do. I also have Luka, Nine, Soliel, Exdeath, and Zyrus at 4*, haven't done much with them yet.

I currently have Vaan as my Full Break/Focus guy, but like I said, Rain would fit that spot just as well with some work. I also have Celes for Sealing Blade, Lenna for more dedicated healing, Leo, Locke, Zidane, Charlotte, and the Fencer for random gimmick bits, too.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 17:57 on May 19, 2017

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
First, don't mash together any of the dragon banner characters. You can get a ton of TM moogles from Bahamut and should be able to pretty easily complete a TM for each and every character you get from the banner.

Rain is a really good full breaker, he just has lovely stats. Even then, he's definitely going to be better than Vaan. Most definitely drop Terra for Refia or Luka. Refia and Luka are pretty much tied for best healer, with Refia getting the edge if you have Ludmille's dualcast materia. It's pretty much always a good idea to check the unit wiki and try to fill your roster with all of the highest ranked characters you can on average. Exdeath is also a really good mage, but you've already got Trance Terra, so that's covered. Zyrus might not be too bad once you've got his TM and full loadout.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Shoenin posted:

If old Type-0 units gave bonuses I could run a full house of Nines over Queens. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Definitely do Refia over Luka. If you've got Terra to 6* already she can cover any AoE Esuna you need via Ray of Hope. Plus Refia's other goodies like Embolden's ATK&DEF buff, Full Life, and passively resist a lot of awful status effects. Rain's better than Vaan and he levels up super quick too so working on him shouldn't take too long. After that Setzer has some good utility all over with chains or status effects or dice gimmicks, Exdeath or Zyrus are good casters and it wouldn't hurt having one or two extra casters as needed.

Feed all trust moogles to Zidane for the wonderful world of dual wield for Reberta then Trance Terra for the Thamasa Soul for dual cast for Refia.

• Locked thread