Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I laughed hard seeing this.

Here are some motivational posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Dillbag posted:

?

e. I guess maybe a little :nws: for cartoon pasties and a butt

http://i.imgur.com/Xd34Ij1.jpg

Don't spoiler NSFW (or potential NSFW) images, it's the downloading of them that is the issue, not the actually seeing them.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

The MSJ posted:

Xander Cage was actually that Yellow Bastard all along. :monocle:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The MSJ posted:

This font has been popping up everywhere and I loving hate it.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I guess skiing down a radio tower is pretty much insane, sure.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Light Gun Man posted:

Yeah I guess skiing down a radio tower is pretty much insane, sure.

I mean, not if you have poles.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Reminder that Vin Diesel's, like, 50.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

There's about 3 or 4 situations you can use "Return of" as a subtitle and the guy whose name nobody knew in the movie nobody saw isn't one of them.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

There's about 3 or 4 situations you can use "Return of" as a subtitle and the guy whose name nobody knew in the movie nobody saw isn't one of them.

xXx made $142million domestically and $135million worldwide for a total of $277million on a $70million budget, so plenty of people saw it.

The most recent one may have flopped domestically, but it made around $300million worldwide as well, so there's a market for the the EXXXTREEEEEME SPORTS! middle-aged man action-genre, apparently. I guess enough people around the world cared enoughabout some guy who's name no one knew was returning to a franchise no one gave a poo poo about.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

ruddiger posted:

Unless you want to count bootleg Ape movies.

Revenge From Planet Ape has Peter Cushing and Donald Pleasance? Or that poster lieees https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-S1c5pwFTQ

got any sevens fucked around with this message at 22:45 on May 17, 2017

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Vagabundo posted:

xXx made $142million domestically and $135million worldwide for a total of $277million on a $70million budget, so plenty of people saw it.

The most recent one may have flopped domestically, but it made around $300million worldwide as well, so there's a market for the the EXXXTREEEEEME SPORTS! middle-aged man action-genre, apparently. I guess enough people around the world cared enoughabout some guy who's name no one knew was returning to a franchise no one gave a poo poo about.
I saw xXx in theaters when I was like 12 years old and it ruled, but I never thought I wanted a sequel until I saw the trailer for the new one. It instantly got me super loving hyped and I knew I needed to see it. I saw it the day it came out and it delivered in every way imaginable. It was ridiculously stupid and amazing, which was basically all I could hope for from it.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

One of my students, a 17 year-old boy, told me it was the stupidest loving thing he'd ever paid money to see, so each to their own, I suppose.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

I'm so loving pumped for Spring Breakers LA.

edit: while fully recognizing that The Bling Ring probably deserves that title more

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:swoon: :swoon: :swoon:

Where is this easily available for immediate purchase, please?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Power of Pecota posted:

I'm guessing this has probably come up before, but I can't stop laughing at this poster on Letterboxd:

This is currently hanging up in the TIFF theatre. Glad someone else appreciates The Barf Knight as much as I do.

Lobok fucked around with this message at 04:01 on May 18, 2017

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

A question both related and unrelated to the thread. I'm thinking about buying a couple of posters, what would be the best way to display them avoiding making my apartment look like a college dorm? Light box? Frames?

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
You gotta wedge them right into the joining of the wall and ceiling, according to some posters.

CARL MARK FORCE IV
Sep 2, 2007

I took a walk. And threw up in an English garden.

Darthemed posted:

You gotta wedge them right into the joining of the wall and ceiling, according to some posters.

Seconded.
Go ceiling contact or go home.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Vagabundo posted:

Reminder that Vin Diesel's, like, 50.

The entirety of xXx: Return of Xander Cage is a reminder that he's 50, even though the character behaves like he's 23.

10 Beers
May 21, 2005

Shit! I didn't bring a knife.

"I hate them. I hate the robot versions of them."
"You made us, dude!"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Gonna start dribbling out posters for all the title-cards my theater's got stapled to the walls upstairs. Got a fairly well-known one to get this going.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

This got me wondering if anyone had done a Mondo-y character poster for Freaked. This T-Shirt comes pretty close:

Also: if you haven't seen Freaked, see Freaked immediately.

rawillkill
Aug 15, 2009

Emma Watson is what runs trivia teams.

That last one is a fake poster that was made for Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2. This is what Nathan Fillion's cameo amounted to.

https://www.facebook.com/jgunn/posts/10154248550196157:0

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I have a request - can you skip unremarkable posters in your image dumps (unless they're real bad)? The Gifted, Patti Cake$, Claws, and Star Crossed could have all been cut from your post and nobody would care.

Anyway:
It's funny how many posters that go for this idea fall completely flat on their face when compared to the real images they were inspired by. It's not enough to put a person against a black background and add a giant face in the corner, that's not how it works, drat.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's actually "Still Star Crossed", because Star Crossed was a human/alien romance drama on the CW 2 years ago.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Thanks for the input. I actually do try to skip most of the boring ones I found, but I may have overlooked some this time.

I like the Gifted logo though, since the series is about mutants and the F and E are designed to look like a chromosome or DNA sequence. Too bad they can't do what Legion did to make it clear it's based on X-Men comics.

I just think the Claws poster has nice colors on it. And is not a floating head thing.

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.
Does CBS have their own streaming service? Because CBS All Access sounds like a streaming service.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!

Leavemywife posted:

Does CBS have their own streaming service? Because CBS All Access sounds like a streaming service.

Yes, and they're putting the new Star Trek on it because apparently its production isn't troubled enough already.

Female superhero icon, and "Stoned woman hallucinating that her whip is glowing and moving all by itself", Diana Prince

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Sir Lemming posted:

Yes, and they're putting the new Star Trek on it because apparently its production isn't troubled enough already.

Fortunately they're selling to Netflix internationally, so it might have a chance of survival on that alone.

Sir Kodiak
May 14, 2007

Sir Lemming posted:

Female superhero icon, and "Stoned woman hallucinating that her whip is glowing and moving all by itself", Diana Prince

I really don't understand why she looks so confused.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Early impressions of WW have been very positive, so she's probably confused that DC made a good movie.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Because whenever she makes that pose her awesome theme music kicks in and some weirdo off to the side said he doesn't like it.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Palpek posted:

I have a request - can you skip unremarkable posters in your image dumps (unless they're real bad)? The Gifted, Patti Cake$, Claws, and Star Crossed could have all been cut from your post and nobody would care.

This thread has alerted me to a bunch of things I wouldn't have known about otherwise through someone just showing the poster. I'm not sure they need to be comment worthy in either spectrum, some are just nice to see.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Palpek posted:

Patti Cake$ was directed by a goon's brother.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Palpek posted:

That's dumb. The Claws poster was the best one in the group, and now I want to watch whatever Claws is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
I really like the composition of the Patti Cake$ poster. It says so much about the character.