Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yeah power of zoom can eat a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Thern posted:

I feel really dumb for asking this, but what is the little arrow icon that shows up under the health bar sometimes?
I think it means the character is in a spot where you can do a stage transition hit.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Thern posted:

I feel really dumb for asking this, but what is the little arrow icon that shows up under the health bar sometimes?

It shows you're in range to hit the other guy into a stage transition!

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Norns posted:

Yeah power of zoom can eat a dick.

It's pretty rude, but you can win it just by doing an advancing normal that hits fast. I just slap the AI using my forward medium attack, for example, and they either just take chip damage forever or get punched in the face repeatedly.

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

Fix posted:

Are new victory animations a thing you can unlock? Because it's great and all that they've got eleventy billion conversations at the start of the match, but...

Banes winning animation is amazing

KACHUNK

KACHUNK

KACHUNK

KACHUNK

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Apparently there is no other way to get source crystals other than leveling up (100-150 per level up). Or to buy them - it's like a free to play game that encourages you to buy things but it's a paid for game. If I had known this I wouldn't have spent all the ones I had just changing outfits for a character. Very dickish of NetherRealm and WB.

You get ~4000 from finishing story mode as well

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005
Stayed up until 3AM this morning playing through story mode. I really need to jump into training so I can figure out move sets and combo strings.

Was super excited for Black Adam but when I got to play as him (like the two times in story that you can) I was underwhelmed, probably because I suck poo poo at these types of fighting games and didn't bother to look up poo poo at all.

I really like the flash though, and once I figured out Green Lantern he was less lovely than I anticipated. However, it seems to me that most of the characters that hover/fly are really clunky.

Supergirl is really fun to play though. Later tonight I'm gonna delve into the training sim and figure out which one of these clowns I like and git gud then take them into the Multiverse to punish AI or whatever. Gonna give Black Adam another go after I learn his move set and strings a bit more.

Anyone else have a favorite yet?

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
If you pause it shows you what the modifiers do.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

theSpokeyDokey posted:

I. Am. The. New. God. All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes! Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you: Nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! Die for Darkseid!

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Stayed up until 3AM this morning playing through story mode. I really need to jump into training so I can figure out move sets and combo strings.

Was super excited for Black Adam but when I got to play as him (like the two times in story that you can) I was underwhelmed, probably because I suck poo poo at these types of fighting games and didn't bother to look up poo poo at all.

I really like the flash though, and once I figured out Green Lantern he was less lovely than I anticipated. However, it seems to me that most of the characters that hover/fly are really clunky.

Supergirl is really fun to play though. Later tonight I'm gonna delve into the training sim and figure out which one of these clowns I like and git gud then take them into the Multiverse to punish AI or whatever. Gonna give Black Adam another go after I learn his move set and strings a bit more.

Black Adam just absolutely shits out damage so hard it's almost unfair.

f+1, 2 TRAIT, f+1, 2 x d, b+3 meter burn b3 jump3 x d,f+3 f+1,2,1+3

that's like, near 50%

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

MrJacobs posted:

Is the Nightwing staff an obtainable item for Robin? If so has anyone gotten it?

It's an ability literally called Nightwing's Staff. Replaces your robin-rangs with the ability to use that button to switch between sword and staff, uses both ability slots. The staff mode is good, better reach, more focused on flippy poo poo, smooth like butter to go from sword to staff to sword again.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
What are the good abilities y'all have found so far?
Are there any good ones for Supergirl or Black Canary so far I should look out for?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

theSpokeyDokey posted:

I really like Le Joker, Atrocitus, and Bane. All dudes who have yelling charging moves. I also really like Green Lantern now, he's way less awkward than the previous game and has much better moves. The battering ram/airplanes were so stiff and clunky holy poo poo I'm glad they are gone.

Sidenote I just got into the AI Battle thing and now I love it, even if it seems like just putting a zillion points into "Combo" might be the correct choice. Has anyone else been playing with that?

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Saint Freak posted:

If you pause it shows you what the modifiers do.

Cool thanks - I will look into it when I can actually play again. if this doesn't work to fix my characters levels after re installing I am calling netheream directly rather than going right to WB.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Senerio posted:

What are the good abilities y'all have found so far?

I found a smoke arrow thing for green arrow. If you meter burn it it hits low from most of a screen away and stuns them long enough that you can dash forward and start a free combo.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Doctor Fate is the truth

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Jmcrofts posted:

Doctor Fate is the truth

He doesn't even have a lawnmower arrow

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

Spuckuk posted:

You get ~4000 from finishing story mode as well

I finished story mode with both endings before I did anything else.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Worth doing. Loved the Sups ending so much

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

Jmcrofts posted:

Doctor Fate is the truth

When I fought him in story, none of the poo poo he did made sense or didn't seem to impact me at all and I have no idea what his move set is supposed to accomplish. However, he is on my list of characters to gently caress around with.

Unfortunately, I went to pick up my pre-order of Injustice 2 and they didn't have any jerseys left so I got pissed and canceled my pre-order and left. Then I went back the next day and bought it anyway but now I don't have Dark Seid.

I really wanted that jersey and those fuckers didn't say anything about limited supply but I should have known better. Game is still fun though.

Is Brainiac balanced and his Story Mode just does more damage cause he's a boss or are his combos still bullshitty high damage.

theSpokeyDokey
Jul 19, 2005

nunsexmonkrock posted:

Do you have to do two complete play-throughs to get both endings or can I jump ahead to the fight where I choose sides? I picked Batman's ending first.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

theSpokeyDokey posted:

When I fought him in story, none of the poo poo he did made sense or didn't seem to impact me at all and I have no idea what his move set is supposed to accomplish. However, he is on my list of characters to gently caress around with.

He shoots plasma at you until you die

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

Jmcrofts posted:

He shoots plasma at you until you die

This sounds...DISHONORABLE.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Freak posted:

Oh it is. It is. :getin:

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Do you have to do two complete play-throughs to get both endings or can I jump ahead to the fight where I choose sides? I picked Batman's ending first.

The Chapters menu for story mode lets you just choose the other character for each fight that had a choice.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
When are they adding a playable Miss Arrowette?? Where's my soap bubble arrow???

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Kinda yes and no. you go to story mode and then select "chapters" and then you play the other character you didn't when there was a choice, (The one you played is checked off with a green check mark). so you kinda have to go back and do all those again and just keep going from there. I memorized who I should play at what point and then picked the other when it got to far where there wasn't a choice, I quit and went to a different chapter.

nunsexmonkrock fucked around with this message at 16:06 on May 19, 2017

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Saint Freak posted:

BowB4Darkseid

Going to make a room tonight for goofin', will give the name when it's up. Feel free to join and shred what little remains of my self esteem.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
I choose to read that as Bow (as in bow and arrow) before darkseid

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

I choose to read that as Bow (as in bow and arrow) before darkseid

Darksied doesn't care for your love of Green Arrow.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

theSpokeyDokey posted:

I'm a sucker for Green Arrow because I like good banter.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Darkseid Is a stone cold rear end in a top hat. I've played him like 3 times and every time it's just lasers and bitch slaps.

Got a cool headpiece for Scarecrow that looks like weird metal chunks literally nailed to my face, digging it's Silent Hill aesthetics. Any word if he gets a shredded labcoat as a chestpiece?

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP
Reminder that you can use your AI in multiverse mode to level up. Just set up one of the easier ones, find an AI setting that best fits the character you're playing (it's under AI loadout), and select AI loadout.

Easy source of crystals too to help circumvent the f2p style bullshittery. Just make sure you click the A or X button a few times after every victory. My AI didn't lose during standard multiverse missions, but died like 30 fights into the endless fight one.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Supergirl is my favorite online, but I have a terrible habit of overusing her teleport in a ranged situation. Still kicking rear end.

mrbotus
Apr 7, 2009

Patron of the Pants
Any good YouTube channels for replays yet?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

theSpokeyDokey posted:

Unfortunately, I went to pick up my pre-order of Injustice 2 and they didn't have any jerseys left so I got pissed and canceled my pre-order and left. Then I went back the next day and bought it anyway but now I don't have Dark Seid.

I really wanted that jersey and those fuckers didn't say anything about limited supply but I should have known better. Game is still fun though.

Is Brainiac balanced and his Story Mode just does more damage cause he's a boss or are his combos still bullshitty high damage.

lol thank you for this

lovely Wizard posted:

Reminder that you can use your AI in multiverse mode to level up. Just set up one of the easier ones, find an AI setting that best fits the character you're playing (it's under AI loadout), and select AI loadout.

Easy source of crystals too to help circumvent the f2p style bullshittery. Just make sure you click the A or X button a few times after every victory. My AI didn't lose during standard multiverse missions, but died like 30 fights into the endless fight one.

I had no idea you could use AI characters for multiverse mode, holy poo poo.

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

nickmeister posted:

Any good YouTube channels for replays yet?

Team spooky has this week's NLBC tournament

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8-IeyPyn0k

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Wheres all the Harambe Infinites

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Saint Freak posted:

Wheres all the Harambe Infinites

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ysu6MpiXG9A&t=144s

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
So in story mode, there is a skin for Nightwing Robin and a skin for old school Harley. Are those premier skins that aren't offered yet or costume bits?

• Locked thread