Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Will Jon Jones ever fight in the UFC again?
This poll is closed.
Yes 59 56.73%
No 45 43.27%
Total: 104 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Breaking news, I have also signed a contract to fight Floyd Mayweather, he is unaware of this contract and the details are ludicrously unfair to him, but I am under contract to fight him and if he doesn't sign he's a drat coward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I have a contract to take him on in a spelling bee and let's just say I fancy my chances.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Noctone posted:

intellectually I know it's just a money-grubbing sham but emotionally I want to bask in the spectacle of it. Plus the one in a million chance of him KOing Floyd would be so sweet.

-- signed, every boxing fan who hates PBF

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I have a contract to take him on in a spelling bee and let's just say I fancy my chances.

laughing at a 5-15 year old child for being such a gently caress up that the adult he became may well be functionally illiterate

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
guy has gone to jail for hitting women as a grown man but i prefer to laugh at his hosed up childhood

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga
lol at the time 50 Cent offered to donate $750,000 to charity if Floyd could read a page of Harry Potter out loud

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Jota posted:

lol at the time 50 Cent offered to donate $750,000 to charity if Floyd could read a page of Harry Potter out loud

The irony there is that 50 misspelled two 3 letter acronyms back to back in that video.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006
I choose to believe that stupid fight still isnt gonna happen. Theyll find some reason for it not to, theyve done a really good job of keeping it in the news though

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene

JaySB posted:

I don't think it surprising that Conor signed the fight he relentlessly pitched which will make him more in one fight that he will over his entire MMA career.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

manyak posted:

I choose to believe that stupid fight still isnt gonna happen. Theyll find some reason for it not to, theyve done a really good job of keeping it in the news though

i mean, it took how many years for the pac fight and floyd made over 200m from it. if it does ever happen somehow, it'll take a long time i would imagine.

also i did a little bit of digging around projections vs performance of the pac vs floyd fight and people didn't have a clue how much it would do. i bet the UFC has some guesses but that's still tricky to negotiate.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Here's an article regarding the likelihood and revenue of this fight that won't happen
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

It's a really stupid fight and I'd much rather see Conor come back to MMA and fight one of the 155 contenders.

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

JaySB posted:

Here's an article regarding the likelihood and revenue of this fight that won't happen
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/conor-mcgregor-vs-floyd-mayweather-nowhere-close-happening-193457357.html

That is a great article. The only things that might be a little off is that I recall that the UFC might have been able to negotiate a split better than 50/50 on their ppv deal awhile ago but like most of this stuff, no one really knows for sure. With numbers these big, I don't think anyone really knows anything for sure.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

DumbWhiteGuy posted:

That is a great article. The only things that might be a little off is that I recall that the UFC might have been able to negotiate a split better than 50/50 on their ppv deal awhile ago but like most of this stuff, no one really knows for sure. With numbers these big, I don't think anyone really knows anything for sure.

showtime is gonna have to run the ppv tho supposedly

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

Marching Powder posted:

guy has gone to jail for hitting women as a grown man but i prefer to laugh at his hosed up childhood

lol it owns because i bet this guys friends would see him fetishizing a bizarre and completely unlikable kind of 'intellectualism' and actually be like "hell yeah, my man"

NeatHeteroDude
Jan 15, 2017

manyak posted:

yeah i feel dumb but imagine mayweather more likely to turn it down than mcgregor not because of the whole 'he'll get sparked' mma thing but because floyd's old, rich as hell, and out cavorting with chechnyan war criminals which is a much easier payday

Nibbles!
Jun 26, 2008

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

make australia great again as well please
Could be the opposite too though. Be Mayweather's easiest fight of his career and potentially most lucrative.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It will probably happen and its going to suck.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

tumor looking batty posted:

It will probably happen and its going to be epic

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
I don't want to see them box but I would throw like 400 dollars at watching Conor kick him in the head just once

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

tumor looking batty posted:

It will probably happen and its going to suck.

Yup

Also someone make a thread for it so I can ignore it completely.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Marching Powder posted:

laughing at a 5-15 year old child for being such a gently caress up that the adult he became may well be functionally illiterate

no, i'm just really good at spelling "bee".
you'll see that i got it right again.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

I want to see Conor fight Floyd, "mismanage his energy", panic and shoot for a double.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I don't think Floyd would ever accept it, and I don't think Conor expects him to. He's doing it to keep his name out there while he's sitting out to have a baby

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
He wants the huge pay day and I don't blame him but I hope it doesn't happen

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

Helwani saying on Twitter that Romero v Whittaker for the interim Middleweight title is in the works.

manyak
Jan 26, 2006

Brown Paper Bag posted:

Helwani saying on Twitter that Romero v Whittaker for the interim Middleweight title is in the works.

Thats probably the best MW title fight available right now imo

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
That's cool and also probably means mousasi/rockhold ?

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I'm more down for this than anything involving Bisping.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
It's kind of funny when the fake middleweight belt probably has a lot more prestige than the real one.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

I'm torn between being pissed about yet another goddamn interim title and being glad that middleweight is going to get an interim fight more legitimate than its actual championship

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

it will become Vitor vs. Dan Kelly anyway

Ditch
Jul 29, 2003

Backdrop Hunger

handsome only face posted:

I legitimately wonder who would have the more Dad Bod, at the rate Vitor's T is deteriorating.

Jota
May 6, 2003

uga-booga uga-booga

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I am extremely hype for this fight

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
Whittaker stops Romero, within 3 rounds. Which is a thing I never would have said 2 years ago

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

handsome only face posted:

If Dad Kelly gets a title shot I can die happy. He just keeps rolling. Just a couple more wins. Put him against the fading Wideman to boost his popularity, I say.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

he's fighting Derek Brunson on the Hunt/Lewis card i think

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

lol that Whittaker is having to run through all the killers that Bisping is ducking.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
I'll lol even harder if he does. I think Bobby Knuckles flattens Bisping if it comes to that.

If only Whittaker had any vestige of a personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Memento posted:

I'll lol even harder if he does. I think Bobby Knuckles flattens Bisping if it comes to that.

If only Whittaker had any vestige of a personality.

'australian' is enough to get him by in the us. he just needs a few steve irwin-ish sound bites and he'll be fine.

• Locked thread