Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fadam
Apr 23, 2008

I just tuned into REO's stream and he's showing that apparently there's a way to lower the amount of damage you take from supers by timing buttons during the animation or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
Yay I can play again now! and character levels are restored!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Jesus christ these guild multiverse fights are aggravating, it feels like it quickly goes from tough to "instantly counters everything"

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

fadam posted:

I just tuned into REO's stream and he's showing that apparently there's a way to lower the amount of damage you take from supers by timing buttons during the animation or something?

That's weird. I don't find supers terribly useful as is so thats just another strike against them.

Anyone made a third guild yet? Lots of very quiet posters in the first two!!

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dj Meow Mix posted:

That's weird. I don't find supers terribly useful as is so thats just another strike against them.

Anyone made a third guild yet? Lots of very quiet posters in the first two!!

If someone does, I will join it.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ I'm not too quite am I?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
holy poo poo thanks to the dude who said AI loadouts can be used to do multiverse, this is a great way to do some grinding

Thern
Aug 12, 2006

Say Hello To My Little Friend
As annoying as power of zoom was, that one modifier that flips the stage upside down during the fight made me nauseous.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

These casters are hilarious

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Norns posted:

I. Am. The. New. God. All is one in Darkseid. This mighty body is my church. When I command your surrender, I speak with three billion voices. When I make a fist to crush your resistance. It is with three billion hands. When I stare into your eyes and shatter your dreams. And break your heart. It is with six billion eyes! Nothing like Darkseid has ever come among you: Nothing will again. I will take you to a hell without exit or end. And there I will murder your souls! And make you crawl and beg! And die! Die! Die for Darkseid!

Nice Meltdown.

sexpig by night posted:

holy poo poo thanks to the dude who said AI loadouts can be used to do multiverse, this is a great way to do some grinding

Wait what please details?

Doctor_Acula
May 24, 2011

gypsyshred posted:

So in story mode, there is a skin for Nightwing Robin and a skin for old school Harley. Are those premier skins that aren't offered yet or costume bits?

Some of Harley's gear is old-school. I have her animated series jester cap.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Feenix posted:

Nice Meltdown.

Wait what please details?

know how you can hit Square to pick your loadout? You can pick AI loadouts too. Go copy your main loadout to an AI slot, pick it, and the computer will just fight itself. You get full rewards and exp. Really good to grind levels out on your main and try to get some good drops from the tower and all. All you have to do is hit X to advance post match.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I'd join a third guild as well - I'd join go ahead and make one but I may not be around for the next couple of days much to accept invites.

Shitty Wizard
Jan 2, 2013

ASK ME WHY
I VOTED
FOR TRUMP

sexpig by night posted:

No prob unless someone else said it before me.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005
Hey ordered this game but they didn't send it out until just now so can't play it yet, was just curious how long it takes roughly to get a character to level 20? Seeing in a lot of streams and pre release stuff that people were getting level 20 gear from the story mode and complaining that the game was transparently trying to tempt them into buying stuff to circumvent that or something, I don't really care about that but I am wondering how long it'll take me to get a character up.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

Gonna be picking this up later today, but I got a quick question: can you "lock" gear set ups so that the AI defaults to them in battle/arcade modes? Like, if I set up Boba Fett shader Batman, is there a way he will only show up as that in single player?

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Doctor_Acula posted:

Some of Harley's gear is old-school. I have her animated series jester cap.

Yeah everything about the "old school Harley / Nightwing" skins are just pieces of gear and a shader you can put on a character. You can create classic Harley and Nightwing with equipment.

Fart City posted:

Gonna be picking this up later today, but I got a quick question: can you "lock" gear set ups so that the AI defaults to them in battle/arcade modes? Like, if I set up Boba Fett shader Batman, is there a way he will only show up as that in single player?

yes, you can copy paste your normal loadouts with aesthetics/stats onto AI bots. Oh wait I thought you mean for AI Battles? In Multiverse due to gear stats and properties enemies will be specific or randomized. In Versus mode though you can choose loadout costume AI to fight.

"Arcade" mode is in Multiverse technically and it uses random loadouts for characters.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

thebardyspoon posted:

Hey ordered this game but they didn't send it out until just now so can't play it yet, was just curious how long it takes roughly to get a character to level 20? Seeing in a lot of streams and pre release stuff that people were getting level 20 gear from the story mode and complaining that the game was transparently trying to tempt them into buying stuff to circumvent that or something, I don't really care about that but I am wondering how long it'll take me to get a character up.

I'm not there yet and haven't focused on a character hard so I don't know the answer to the question, but each character gets a level 20 piece at the end of their chapter. It's part of the chapter rewards.

Presumably it's given at 20 so it's useful. What good is a level 3 item when you're 5+? Other than those specific level 20 rewards, gear you get playing the story is within a range of your current level.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Oh, well, that's all water under the bridge, as I always say. Water under the bridge!

DLC Inc posted:

yes, you can copy paste your normal loadouts with aesthetics/stats onto AI bots. Oh wait I thought you mean for AI Battles? In Multiverse due to gear stats and properties enemies will be specific or randomized. In Versus mode though you can choose loadout costume AI to fight.

"Arcade" mode is in Multiverse technically and it uses random loadouts for characters.

Rad. Thanks much.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Does anyone know what the rewards are for linking to the mobile app? It looks like it unlocks the Grid skin and a diamond box initially, and I read something about a daily chest after that. Haven't been able to find any more information though. I was kind of hoping gear transferred.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Meridian posted:

Does anyone know what the rewards are for linking to the mobile app? It looks like it unlocks the Grid skin and a diamond box initially, and I read something about a daily chest after that. Haven't been able to find any more information though. I was kind of hoping gear transferred.

I've been getting a bronze chest each day. That's all.

On the mobile side though you get 30 gems or so a day from having them linked and playing the console version.

nunsexmonkrock
Apr 13, 2008
^^^ I hate the phone linking, I was able to link it to get the grid skin, but if I try to do anything else in the app, the whole screen goes blank. - Yeah my phone is old but as long as I can use google maps, make calls and text people, than I am not spending another $400 on one just for a game. I've had it for what, I dunno 4ish years now.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

nunsexmonkrock posted:

^^^ I hate the phone linking, I was able to link it to get the grid skin, but if I try to do anything else in the app, the whole screen goes blank. - Yeah my phone is old but as long as I can use google maps, make calls and text people, than I am not spending another $400 on one just for a game. I've had it for what, I dunno 4ish years now.

If you've linked you have done everything you need to to get bonuses in game. Mobile game is alright. I'm playing it at work because it's slow, but you're not really missing anything.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Any of you gazman24 on xb1? Got a generic guild req from you, please prove goonhood

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Letting the AI battle for you means all this dress up I do on everyone who isn't my core characters is actually useful? And I don't need to learn how to play characters I dislike just to level them up? Why is this game so cool

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

NRS where the gently caress are my Owlman/Bizarro/Kyle Raynor/Shazam premier skins

especially Shazam I mean that poo poo should have been in day 1

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Meridian posted:

If you've linked you have done everything you need to to get bonuses in game. Mobile game is alright. I'm playing it at work because it's slow, but you're not really missing anything.

Is Supergirl not in the mobile game? I didn't see her which is super weird cause she's one of the stars of the real game's story.

Tart Kitty
Dec 17, 2016

Saint Freak posted:

Is Supergirl not in the mobile game? I didn't see her which is super weird cause she's one of the stars of the real game's story.

She's actually front and center on the app icon, but doesn't appear to be in the game proper, yet.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

wow there are abilities that unlock alternate Supers in the game, that's loving wild. Saw a slightly different unblockable Superman supermove startup, and another that was Joker using the pie throw as his Super startup.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

DLC Inc posted:

wow there are abilities that unlock alternate Supers in the game, that's loving wild. Saw a slightly different unblockable Superman supermove startup, and another that was Joker using the pie throw as his Super startup.

Are the unlockable moves usable in ranked or whatever mode disables stats?

Twist And Pout!
Sep 3, 2011

Meridian posted:

Are the unlockable moves usable in ranked or whatever mode disables stats?

No. Abilities have to be equipped and ranked mode disables all equipment except for the cosmetic appearance of the equipment.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Word.

Anybody create that third PS4 goon crew yet? If not I can do it when I get home from work in a few hours. What do we want to call it?

Dj Meow Mix
Jan 27, 2009

corgicorgicorgicorgi
rockin everywhere

Goons of Prey
Legion of Super Goons
Goon Lantern Corps

Or just a normal name, that's fine too. If you want an actual laugh spend some time refreshing that page which lists the various guild names, they're all horrible.

Thanks a bunch for taking responsibility on the third group, I'll probably end up hopping over to tekken so I don't want to administrate anything.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Dj Meow Mix posted:

Goons of Prey
Legion of Super Goons
Goon Lantern Corps

Or just a normal name, that's fine too. If you want an actual laugh spend some time refreshing that page which lists the various guild names, they're all horrible.

Thanks a bunch for taking responsibility on the third group, I'll probably end up hopping over to tekken so I don't want to administrate anything.

Goon Lantern Corps is dope, definitely going to use that one. I'll be playing Tekken as well, but hey, there's already two other groups and a 50 member cap, shouldn't be too bad. Anybody in this thread hanging out in a particular discord?

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Just finished the story. That was fun!

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jimmy Hats posted:

These casters are hilarious

Commentators, casters is dumb league of legends poo poo >:|

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

They're announcers you goddamn video game nerds.

Deep Winter
Mar 26, 2010
PSA you can get five gold mother boxes a day by going to multiplayer -> Ai battle mode -> Fight, and set your ai loadouts versus other people's. If yours win 2 out of 3 matches you win a gold motherbox, up to five a day apparently, and you can fast forward through the ai fight.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The nomenclature for nerds who talk about nerd games is ultra important, I agree

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

Deep Winter posted:

PSA you can get five gold mother boxes a day by going to multiplayer -> Ai battle mode -> Fight, and set your ai loadouts versus other people's. If yours win 2 out of 3 matches you win a gold motherbox, up to five a day apparently, and you can fast forward through the ai fight.

You can get 11 diamond motherboxes in an hour by teaming up with your goon pals and stomping on the cheetah boss

E: I'll prolly be looking to slap her a few more times tonight if anybody wants in for those delicious boxes. I can beat her myself what with all the health/super being tossed at me so y'all can just sit there and laugh while you throw a mace into her head and get free loot!

• Locked thread