Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Iris gets Barry a puppy as a death present so he can learn to love again and move on, but then a Bratva member (played by Theon Greyjoy) kills the puppy and, after learning they're actually from the Earth 2 Bratva, Barry decides to murder the whole organization.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

But where's Black Flash to destroy the time bandit Barry Allen? Thawne just wanted to live and Barry is committing genocide.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm a little disappointed Black Lightning isn't overtly part of the Arrow-verse but realistically that doesn't really mean a lot. As people said, Supergirl wasn't originally either. Either they keep it vague enough that they can reveal down the line its Earth 1 (or Supergirl's, I guess) or they can make it another Earth. I just kind of liked the idea of Black Lightning being an East Coast hero so being separated from Arrow by an entire country and maybe drawing Vixen in. But ah well. Better its left to find its own footing, I guess.

Apparently Central City is in Missouri? I would not have guessed that.

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

Black Flash had been busy with Thawne this season.
It's a time... thing.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

STAC Goat posted:

I think in the comics it had a sort of Kansas City, Kansas / Kansas City, Missouri with Keystone City where they were each on either side of a river.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Central City is clearly KCMO

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I guess I kind of assumed it was West Coast like Star City, but now that I think of that I realize it was probably silly of me to assume the two cities were close just because Barry can run between the two of them and characters sometimes take a train back and forth.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Makes sense since Kansas City is where the weirdos live.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

STAC Goat posted:

I'm a little disappointed Black Lightning isn't overtly part of the Arrow-verse but realistically that doesn't really mean a lot. As people said, Supergirl wasn't originally either. Either they keep it vague enough that they can reveal down the line its Earth 1 (or Supergirl's, I guess) or they can make it another Earth. I just kind of liked the idea of Black Lightning being an East Coast hero so being separated from Arrow by an entire country and maybe drawing Vixen in. But ah well. Better its left to find its own footing, I guess.

Black Lightning's original stomping grounds was the Southside of metropolis a.k.a. Suicide Slum (based off of the Lower East Side). It could totally take place in the Supergirl universe with Pierce being extra angry at Superman.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Ojjeorago posted:

Iris gets Barry a puppy as a death present so he can learn to love again and move on, but then a Bratva member (played by Theon Greyjoy) kills the puppy and, after learning they're actually from the Earth 2 Bratva, Barry decides to murder the whole organization.of Earth-2.
FTFY

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Sudden Loud Noise posted:

Iris gets Barry counseling as a Death Present. Barry learns to heal and move on, while still remembering the good times he had with Iris. He still has rough days, but he grows as a person.

Add in Iris popping back into existence at the same time Savitar winks out and I think this has a legitimate shot at being how things end.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Xelkelvos posted:

Black Lightning's original stomping grounds was the Southside of metropolis a.k.a. Suicide Slum (based off of the Lower East Side). It could totally take place in the Supergirl universe with Pierce being extra angry at Superman.

Yeah, I think it could work either way. Black Lightning could be from Earth 19 where Supergirl has made it seem like there's more heroes and comic book world outside National City and he could be part of that. Or he could be an urban legend in an Earth 1 city far away from Star City so it all flew under the radar until it doesn't. They could probably make either work if they wanted to and don't do anything to overtly say "there's no other heroes" or something.

But I get the idea of not giving it any baggage and just letting it tell its own story to start with. They can "retcon" stuff in later if they want to.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
A big reason they're not tying it to the CWverse right away is that Black Lightning shoots in Atlanta, while the other four shows shoot in Vancouver, so logistically crossing over with the other shows is difficult just based on location. It's the same problem Supergirl faced when it was down in Los Angeles before the show moved to up to Vancouver.

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!

howe_sam posted:

Add in Iris popping back into existence at the same time Savitar winks out and I think this has a legitimate shot at being how things end.

I'll be shocked if this doesn't end with Savitar making the conscious decision to sacrifice his existence to save Iris. At the end of the day, he's still a Barry, and our hero has to redeem himself.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

IIRC, Black Lightning's pilot basically sets it in Compton/Watts.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think it could work either way. Black Lightning could be from Earth 19 where Supergirl has made it seem like there's more heroes and comic book world outside National City and he could be part of that.

Supergirl is on Earth 38. HR and Gypsy are from Earth 19 :pseudo:

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Lyla really had a change of heart regarding the Dominator technology in that episode.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Q_res posted:

I'll be shocked if this doesn't end with Savitar making the conscious decision to sacrifice his existence to save Iris. At the end of the day, he's still a Barry, and our hero has to redeem himself.

That's my going theory now too. There's still a few scenes from that season-ending sizzle reel they posted the other week that we haven't seen yet on the show itself and one of them was Savitar and Iris together and he looks like he's really broken up by seeing her. One way or another, the finale's gonna be interesting to see how it all plays out now.

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

The only reason Barry saved Snart is because it would have hosed time up even more to have him die then instead of later on. Barry is no hero.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Are we not gonna talk about how the legends never went to Siberia in 1892?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

bentacos posted:

Maybe the TV show isn't a complete documentary of everything anyone has ever done.

shades of eternity
Nov 9, 2013

Where kitties raise dragons in the world's largest mall.
I think at this point, I'd rather have a season where we follow around snart.

Sure no scenery would be safe, but he felt more heroic then barry in the last episode.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

bentacos posted:

I'm willing to believe they did that offscreen between episodes... But how did Barry know exactly when and where to find them, especially to find Snart all alone and handily far enough along in his good-guy character development?

Also, sometimes it takes a lot of hard work and planning and help from other speedsters for Barry to time travel properly... And sometimes he just waltzes a century into the past and to the other side of the globe on a whim.

shades of eternity posted:

I think at this point, I'd rather have a season where we follow around snart.
I am 100% willing to go along with any excuse to get more Smart on any show. Legends, Flash, Supergirl, Iron Chef, Sesame Street, Judge Judy, whatever. If the given explanation is just Gideon shouting "Snart's back, because poo poo happened" I am onboard.

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 16:53 on May 20, 2017

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
I feel people are way too hard on that last episode. It was a good set up for the finale.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Robot Hobo posted:

I am 100% willing to go along with any excuse to get more Smart on any show.

I don't think Legends of Tomorrow is in any danger of this happening.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Robot Hobo posted:

I'm willing to believe they did that offscreen between episodes... But how did Barry know exactly when and where to find them, especially to find Snart all alone and handily far enough along in his good-guy character development?

Also, sometimes it takes a lot of hard work and planning and help from other speedsters for Barry to time travel properly... And sometimes he just waltzes a century into the past and to the other side of the globe on a whim.

It's almost as if, and I want to follow me closely here, but like the writing is really, really bad

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Robot Hobo posted:

But how did Barry know exactly when and where to find them

My name is Barry Allen and I'm the fastest stalker alive.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
I'd like to think, given that Snart said the "no strings on me" line he had said right before he died, despite the fact that he shouldn't have had any reason to say it at that point, if it was before he died, that might be a hint that they are bringing him back somehow. Or it could just be weird/bad writing.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Yeah, using his final words again was lovely writing. Lot S1 was bad but Cold went out like a loving champ.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Snart's development into an honest to god hero was the singular best part of Season 1 Legends.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Snart's development into an honest to god hero was the singular best part of Season 1 Legends.

Agreed. He's just so good at comic book hamming.

metztli
Mar 19, 2006
Which lead to the obvious photoshop, making me suspect that their ad agencies or creative types must be aware of what goes on at SA
I really liked Mick's visit with him. Really, that stuff was about the only solid part of S1. I just started a watch of S2 - I know it's great, but I'm gonna miss Leonard.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Legends S1 did some solid stuff with Sara's guilt and acceptance that she's worthy of being a hero too. But that also involved Snart, so yeah, Snart's largely the saving grace of S1.

Mooseontheloose posted:

I feel people are way too hard on that last episode. It was a good set up for the finale.

I thought it was fine by the pulpy comic standards I judge this show on, but this thread kind of hates the show and the episode did a lot of what they hate... so what you gonna do?

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like Snart as a hero but it's still a wee bit disappointing that it makes him tough to use as a villain again; it's fun that Barry has one enemy who sort of respects him for some reason (:iiam:) and has a code that stops Barry from killing him like he does everyone else with the misfortune to cross his path.

I think this and the last season of Flash have suffered for not having him and Rory as reliable recurring bad guys.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

STAC Goat posted:

I thought it was fine by the pulpy comic standards I judge this show on, but this thread kind of hates the show and the episode did a lot of what they hate... so what you gonna do?

Fair. I really don't get the hate for the show.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I generally "get" it. I don't agree with all of it but I usually see where people are coming from. Although in these threads people tend to get carried away eventually.

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

Gary’s Answer

Mooseontheloose posted:

Fair. I really don't get the hate for the show.

The plots have holes you could drive a truck through and they keep doing the same mopey tragic romance and keeping secrets beats over and over, but never well.

Robot Hobo
May 18, 2002

robothobo.com

metztli posted:

Snart said the "no strings on me"line, despite the fact that he shouldn't have had any reason to say it at that point
Snart had just picked a bit of thread off of Barry's suit for emphasis when he was talking about keeping The Flash's good-guy status clean... Then looked for any to pick off himself, and didn't see any.

So they did have a reason for him to say the line, it was just really pointless and shoehorned in so badly that it was even dumber than just having him say it totally unprompted.

And Snart is so awesome, he still almost made that line work. Not gonna lie, I think I may have a bit of a crush on Captain Cold. :flashfap:

Phylodox posted:

I don't think Legends of Tomorrow is in any danger of this happening.
I fixed the Snart>Smart autocorrect once, and before I was done my phone decided I was still wrong and "fixed" it again. Then I tried to type Smart... And it autocorrected to Snart. :flashfact:

Robot Hobo fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 20, 2017

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I love him so much I'm considering watching Prison Break.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozart
Oct 28, 2006

Give me the finger.

STAC Goat posted:

I'm not embarrassed to admit it. I love him so much I'm considering watching Prison Break.

I walked down that path. I couldn't watch season 2.

• Locked thread