Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iloverice
Feb 19, 2007

future tv ninja
I've been seeing a lot of Golden Bombs and Mikazuchis in ELT. Its been great!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
drat, I'm conflicted. I can get the materials right now I need to awaken Lightning's Crushing Blow, but apparently people found stuff for Elza by datamining? Is there any news about what exactly her ability awakenings would be? If she gets decent boosts to Ravaging Blow and Madness Rush I would totally hold off to power those up instead.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
You should definitely hold off until people data mine details for her enhancements because they will either be 100% trash or hilariously OP poo poo like her giving enemies a -60% def/spr/dark debuff for 5 turns.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Even with the boss being lightning resistant, Olive proves effective in solo'ing the event for me once again. With Atk Song and using the Gun from the Bahamut event she can carry my 4 Sices and whatever friend unit I can find to victory.

I decided that I actually like the TMs from these crappy Type-0 units so I spent some tickets and came away with 4 Sices, 2 Luka, 1 Rosa, 1 Medius and 1 Leo; which also includes my daily pulls.

I'll probably grind 2 Sice TMs because Cecil loves it, and at least 1 King TM.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

If old Type-0 units gave bonuses I could run a full house of Nines over Queens. :smith:

Would be nice...but then nobody would summon this week and Gumi's got hookers bills to pay.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'll start looking into Refia and Rain, then move onto Setzer. I do have Terra at 6* and honestly, between her and Cecil I never feel like I'm hurting for healing, but a more dedicated support would be nice since Terra's competing with Trance Terra for equipment right now. Thanks for the advice.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

hamburgers in pockets posted:

drat, I'm conflicted. I can get the materials right now I need to awaken Lightning's Crushing Blow, but apparently people found stuff for Elza by datamining? Is there any news about what exactly her ability awakenings would be? If she gets decent boosts to Ravaging Blow and Madness Rush I would totally hold off to power those up instead.

Dont upgrade lightning because even fully awakened she's still been power creeped to oblivion.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PaybackJack posted:

Even with the boss being lightning resistant, Olive proves effective in solo'ing the event for me once again. With Atk Song and using the Gun from the Bahamut event she can carry my 4 Sices and whatever friend unit I can find to victory.

I decided that I actually like the TMs from these crappy Type-0 units so I spent some tickets and came away with 4 Sices, 2 Luka, 1 Rosa, 1 Medius and 1 Leo; which also includes my daily pulls.

I'll probably grind 2 Sice TMs because Cecil loves it, and at least 1 King TM.

I didn't realize the lightning resist and brother a friend olive to get the limit break kill, only to have her lb just so almost nothing. Did most of the damage with Noctis and then the mortar finished it off and somehow gave me the lb kill anyways. Was weird.

On that note, however, I'm pretty happy with how my Noctis is coming along. High 600s atk, does a good amount of damage now, particularly if I have minfilia to buff. Will never be equal to one of the really good damage dealers, but still nice.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Khisanth Magus posted:

I didn't realize the lightning resist and brother a friend olive to get the limit break kill, only to have her lb just so almost nothing. Did most of the damage with Noctis and then the mortar finished it off and somehow gave me the lb kill anyways. Was weird.

On that note, however, I'm pretty happy with how my Noctis is coming along. High 600s atk, does a good amount of damage now, particularly if I have minfilia to buff. Will never be equal to one of the really good damage dealers, but still nice.

They really ought to give Noctis his full JP powers at this point since Cid came out and they got all that cash raked in.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

WebDO posted:

They really ought to give Noctis his full JP powers at this point since Cid came out and they got all that cash raked in.

I bet they're going to release Noctis 2.0 on GL.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
How does Luneth look with enhancements? Is it worth it to level my 3rd?

Really wish there were a way to trade a 5* and some lapis for a 5* reroll (no samsies).

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

BDawg posted:

How does Luneth look with enhancements? Is it worth it to level my 3rd?

Really wish there were a way to trade a 5* and some lapis for a 5* reroll (no samsies).

I would run 3x Luneth in arena. He's a loving beast there, especially if you take off espers.

I don't know how useful Luneth 2 or 3 are. He's an incredible finisher with his enhancements but the opportunity to run 2 or even 3 finishers is rare unless you're building OTKO teams.

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Dont upgrade lightning because even fully awakened she's still been power creeped to oblivion.

I've really noticed this lately, and it sucks, because Lightning's pretty much the reason I got into this game in the first place. I played once a week or so starting at launch, and then threw 3 tickets at her banner when she first appeared, got her, and I've been playing daily ever since. Even if she gets powercreeped I still keep her on my A team because of nostalgia. :smith:

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I would dispute this on the grounds that she's one of the two good units that can be 100% dodge, and in a couple months we'll have the 120 ATK Greatsword with Lightning element and she'll be able to output some much better damage off Crushing Blow then.

I would still however wait and see what enhancements Elza gets because seeing how strong Gumi is making the Global Exclusive units I'd expect some serious upgrades.

hamburgers in pockets posted:

I've really noticed this lately, and it sucks, because Lightning's pretty much the reason I got into this game in the first place. I played once a week or so starting at launch, and then threw 3 tickets at her banner when she first appeared, got her, and I've been playing daily ever since. Even if she gets powercreeped I still keep her on my A team because of nostalgia. :smith:

I used to be a little sad that my first base 5* was Lightning not Luneth who I was rolling for but seeing how things have been since then, I'm much happier with Lightning. I'll trade straight DPS for utility any day of the week.

If you're really missing Lightning's utility, get to work on getting her 100% dodge, and also putting enhancements into her dodge skill so she can evade some Magic as well.

PaybackJack fucked around with this message at 19:20 on May 19, 2017

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
Put 5 more tickets into the dragon banner trying to get myself a dragon wizard guy and got a 5*--Ace. Is this dude good or eh?

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Servaetes posted:

Put 5 more tickets into the dragon banner trying to get myself a dragon wizard guy and got a 5*--Ace. Is this dude good or eh?

He's on the crap end of 5*s now, but with Enhancements™ he becomes Super Magic Setzer apparently.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Altema did a wide re-review of their units scores and for the first time in a long time casters have really good representation in the charts. They still dont reach the very top of the charts, but they are very close to it, and the very top is now exclusive to truly bonkers units.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
It is rather interesting that a story character is actually the top ranking for magic damage dealer, where no other story character even ranks decent in their category.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

dangerous.hotdog posted:

I would run 3x Luneth in arena. He's a loving beast there, especially if you take off espers.

I don't know how useful Luneth 2 or 3 are. He's an incredible finisher with his enhancements but the opportunity to run 2 or even 3 finishers is rare unless you're building OTKO teams.

I run 2 in arena + Chiz since I use her stop on dodgers. The others on my team are Dark Fina and Ling/Y'shtola.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

It is rather interesting that a story character is actually the top ranking for magic damage dealer, where no other story character even ranks decent in their category.

Aileen?

edit: Well... I guess she really isn't a story unit. How's Assswell 2.0 looking?

Rocketpriest
Nov 28, 2006
Alias: Non-Demoninational Minister Capable of Sub-Atmospheric Flight
On the one hand, it takes Olive two turns to kill this elite boss because she needs to Shattering Shot, but on the other I can only run it half as often as usual, so I guess it all evens out :v:

And it looks like 80k purecrysts are just gonna be a thing, fuuuuuuck. Still gonna snag the support one probably, so I'll have 4/6 I need total. At least I'm set for Ramza's enhancements thanks to Bahamut.

edit: just got the last couple cactuars I needed to field Exdeath #3 in my arena team - tried it out and it is beautiful. I'm pretty sure I can one-turn-ko any character that isn't a boosted Cecil or similar.

Rocketpriest fucked around with this message at 22:07 on May 19, 2017

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

my Olive is only at 798 attack or so with the raid gun, but with an attack song and her limit break she can solo the elite boss, and i have never gotten to the boss without having it be full. would people prefer i put her up over my lovely King or are people not going to be running bonus units of their own?

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Is there a list of good trust master units somewhere? I know someone mentioned Zidane earlier, for dual wield. What about Ludmille, for dual casting?

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'd take bonus units myself but the event boss is a total chump and I'm not too eager to pull on this banner

Mystery Prize posted:

Is there a list of good trust master units somewhere? I know someone mentioned Zidane earlier, for dual wield. What about Ludmille, for dual casting?

There's a list here but it's worth keeping in mind what units you have and what TMs you can grind. L&A is great if you have enough Ingus' to make it worth equipping a sword on a caster (and you have a caster who can equip swords). Dual Wield is a game changer on your physical units though, and Dual Cast or Soul of Thamasa (Dual Cast & MP+30%) makes Refia a top tier healer, or even lets Cecil tank and heal a good amount. If you aren't sure what to TM grind ask here with your characters and we can offer some specific advice.

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie

rabidsquid posted:

my Olive is only at 798 attack or so with the raid gun, but with an attack song and her limit break she can solo the elite boss, and i have never gotten to the boss without having it be full. would people prefer i put her up over my lovely King or are people not going to be running bonus units of their own?

I vastly prefer bonus units because no one seems to have them this time around.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
A week ago, I sat down on excel and typed up what TMRs I had and then tried to prioritize my TMs using utility and percentages to completion as prioritization factors.

I found that the individual meta changes dramatically on a pull by pull basis. Before I was all in on double hands, excalibers, save the queens. This is all because Firion has been my king for probably the last 4 months or so. Then I pulled Fryevia and some of that poo poo took a back seat because now I had one of the strongest units in the game, and I had to completely retool my TMR team so I could accommodate it even more. SO when I had Cecil, Bartz, Agrias, Ludmille, and Chizuru on a team, Ludmille 100'd a few days after I got Fry up to 5*, then I was in purgatory because I was missing a handful of 6* mats. This caused me to go Cecil, Bartz, Fryevia, Marie, Ingus. The last 3 were at 0.0%, but they became necessary to pump up my newly acquired unit.

Now my Cecil and Bartz are at 55%+, I will probably be pushing Snow and Vanille but I have about 6 others that might take their spots. That is the current plan, but poo poo will change quick if TGC/Noctis/Olive show up in my kit.

On a seperate note, anyone have any suggestions on Dark Espers utilizing Xon? I likely will NOT be able to 1 turn kill either of the espers on elite as of right now.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I can put up my poo poo Sice if people want. I kinda thought Marie would be more useful for those still doing Echidna or Bahamut.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
My current TM lineup is Cecil, Chizuru, Shine #1, Noctis, and Zidane #2. Although now that Exdeath is being replaced by Zyrus I may bench Noctis, because I don't need the ring as much(I was getting it to give Alterna to Exdeath). Most likely with Shine #2, to further boost my Noctis. My Noctis is currently equipped with Durandal and the Genji Blade along with a Hero ring, Black bandana, and Radiant Egg. He also has an ATK +30% materia. Sadly his other 2 materia are Follower's Oaths.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

So at the low end, Fryevia with Dual Wield (sans needle) and focus on ATK or single sword and focus on MAG only?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

hagie posted:

So at the low end, Fryevia with Dual Wield (sans needle) and focus on ATK or single sword and focus on MAG only?

Generally it seems like people spec Fryevia more for MAG than ATK. If I were you, pending availability of the units of course, I'd focus on her own TM, Dual Wield, and Letters and Arms if possible.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Rocketpriest posted:

On the one hand, it takes Olive two turns to kill this elite boss because she needs to Shattering Shot, but on the other I can only run it half as often as usual, so I guess it all evens out :v:

And it looks like 80k purecrysts are just gonna be a thing, fuuuuuuck. Still gonna snag the support one probably, so I'll have 4/6 I need total. At least I'm set for Ramza's enhancements thanks to Bahamut.

edit: just got the last couple cactuars I needed to field Exdeath #3 in my arena team - tried it out and it is beautiful. I'm pretty sure I can one-turn-ko any character that isn't a boosted Cecil or similar.

Use the event gun from Bahamut, Odin as Esper., And I still have dragon killer on mine Sing attack song with chump, deprotect with another chump, True Shot =1 Shot.

Everything up to the boss dies to Atk Song then Grape Shot.

Mileage may vary if you are lacking bracers and good Atk % materia.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

Khisanth Magus posted:

Generally it seems like people spec Fryevia more for MAG than ATK. If I were you, pending availability of the units of course, I'd focus on her own TM, Dual Wield, and Letters and Arms if possible.

Now:
Enhancer
Circlet
Cupids robe
Icy vein
Icy vein
Mag 10% x2
Mag 15%
Encore (cheating for Mag 15%)

Dual wield is hanging out on Firion at the moment, Rainbow robe, L&A and needle on TM grind team

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

hagie posted:

On a seperate note, anyone have any suggestions on Dark Espers utilizing Xon? I likely will NOT be able to 1 turn kill either of the espers on elite as of right now.

I was actually just coming in here to ask how to do them without Xon, since I apparently have no damage output and also they flattened me in one round after being dispelled. (One-shot Noctis, I was able to get back up and kill Ifrit but then Siren just annihilated me)

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Would be nice...but then nobody would summon this week and Gumi's got hookers bills to pay.

I burned 5 tickets and got Mercedes #5 and a King at least. :shrug:

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

in about five pulls i managed to get two kings. i can take two more bonus units technically but i wonder how xons passive compares to a 50% bonus unit. i am pretty sure boxes wont drop two orbs or whatever we're trying to farm but supposedly he increases the odds of drop rates. it'd be nice if we had any concrete mechanical info on how much that did

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

For the dark espers, I was able to do it with Minfilia constantly buffing against dark, fire and water, and Noctis constantly fishing. With Xon you can steal their buffs, without you can just get someone to use Bushido - Freedom. Getting everyone's HP around 4500 helps too.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

Mr. Swoon posted:

For the dark espers, I was able to do it with Minfilia constantly buffing against dark, fire and water, and Noctis constantly fishing. With Xon you can steal their buffs, without you can just get someone to use Bushido - Freedom. Getting everyone's HP around 4500 helps too.

See, that was exactly my plan, and yet, Noctis died round one. :(

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Dana Crysalis posted:

There's a little bit of RNG on rounds 1-3 as you setup Minfilia's buffs. If they decide to hit you multiple times with the spells you aren't buffed against, you'll probably eat a couple of deaths.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Dana Crysalis posted:

Yeah, I actually got wiped a couple of times at first too. Until you get the buffs up, you're trapped by RNG.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

There's a little bit of RNG on rounds 1-3 as you setup Minfilia's buffs. If they decide to hit you multiple times with the spells you aren't buffed against, you'll probably eat a couple of deaths.

Dont leave it up to rng and even with minfilia you should have any other units that can carry barfiria and bawatera because even if you survive round one, if minfilia ever accidently dies and you miss a turn of support buffs, youre hosed.

• Locked thread