Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MatchaZed
Feb 14, 2010

We Can Do It!

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony there.

(No idea how this actually works in game, lemme know if this is nonsense or dumb game mechanics wise pls :v: )

This is reasonable, colonial nations spawn when you have five completed colonies in a colonial region.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Proposing Don't Wait - Vassalate Use every effort to make vassals of every small power on the Iberian peninsula.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony there.

(No idea how this actually works in game, lemme know if this is nonsense or dumb game mechanics wise pls :v: )
Seconding this policy! Make the Caribbean Islamic! Um, can the Sultan name the sea or the new provinces?

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

Would it be possible to engineer a personal union with Palermo?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

catlord posted:

I propose continued military research and maintenance, since it worked out well last time.

Supporting this

zetamind2000 fucked around with this message at 22:40 on May 19, 2017

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

Well, my plan of accepting Portuguese and having other conquered cultures converted to Portuguese isn't going to go anywhere if we can't A) convert provinces and B) annex non-Portuguese territory, so I propose the Advanced Statecraft Act. All Administrative Power must be aimed at bringing our Administrative Tech to the highest level (that is, until we start getting ahead-of-time penalties) before it can be used on anything else.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Cure for cancer discovered!
Court physicians hate him!

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Would it be possible to engineer a personal union with Palermo?

Impossible, Muslims can't have PUs in EU4.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

TildeATH posted:

Proposing Don't Wait - Vassalate Use every effort to make vassals of every small power on the Iberian peninsula.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

I propose continued military research and maintenance, since it worked out well last time.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

TildeATH posted:

Just so you know, this would technically only apply to Galicia, because Leon is under a Castilian PU, and we're allied with Aragon. If anyone wants to vassalize Leon, then we'd have to attack Castille and their allies. If anyone wants to vassalize Aragon, then we'd need a separate policy demanding both that we break the alliance with Aragon and attack them.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Hashim posted:

Just so you know, this would technically only apply to Galicia, because Leon is under a Castilian PU, and we're allied with Aragon. If anyone wants to vassalize Aragon, then we'd need a separate policy demanding that the alliance be broken, and Aragon invaded.

But if during the course of human events we no longer have an alliance with Aragon or Leon falls into the open, then we're free to snatch them, so I think this is the best policy.

Bot 02
Apr 2, 2010

Dude... Did my plushie just talk?

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

*Based on what WilliamAnderson said, this means a Colonial Nation. (Thanks!)

I support this act!

This will go a long way in financing our inevitable wars with the Christians.

Tendronai
May 7, 2008

My worst nightmare. It's a dream I have. I'm in a square cell, glass walls, just me and a little castle.

GunnerJ posted:

Proposing the Caribbean D.R.E.A.M. Act - Focus on nabbing territory in the Caribbean with an initial goal of establishing at least one self-sufficient colony* there.

I support this, controlling the Caribbean is a great way to make the most of the New World given our location. Although once we create a colonial nation in Cuba, our next priority should be colonizing along the Ivory Coast.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

TildeATH posted:

By small power do you mean Galicia and Aragon? Might be better to make that clear.

TildeATH
Oct 21, 2010

by Lowtax

Frionnel posted:

By small power do you mean Galicia and Aragon? Might be better to make that clear.

Hash already weighed in, basically it's only Galicia now, Aragon if they break alliance with us and Leon if they fall out of Castille's orbit.

So basically it's just Vassalize Galicia and maybe get some more if the situation allows, which seems fine to me. I could also see the wisdom of supporting the MilTech proposal.

Lord Cyrahzax
Oct 11, 2012

catlord posted:

Agreed. The New Taifas are on the rise: once we can wage wars of real conquest, we need to be ready.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

GunnerJ posted:

I, Ali al-User support this policy

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

GunnerJ posted:

I support this policy.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Soup du Jour posted:

Well, my plan of accepting Portuguese and having other conquered cultures converted to Portuguese isn't going to go anywhere if we can't A) convert provinces and B) annex non-Portuguese territory, so I propose the Advanced Statecraft Act. All Administrative Power must be aimed at bringing our Administrative Tech to the highest level (that is, until we start getting ahead-of-time penalties) before it can be used on anything else.

Uhhh. What does this do exactly? What are the benefits and costs of pursuing the higher administrative tech level at this moment?

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010
Edit: poo poo, I forgot that I switched parties. Never mind, please don't send me to the Oubliette! I'll post an actual vote later.

Viola the Mad fucked around with this message at 22:58 on May 19, 2017

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Snipee posted:

Uhhh. What does this do exactly? What are the benefits and costs of pursuing the higher administrative tech level at this moment?

Having admin tech as high as possible is generally really good, because it gives you +20% Production Efficiency bonus and -0.05 Corruption. Plus, idea groups. If it falls too far behind military tech, then corruption starts to increase, so you need to spend more money to combat it.

This is what our economy looks like right now:

Because there's recently been a focus on bringing military tech up to par, admin and dip techs have fallen behind, so we're paying 3.7 gold to Root Out Corruption. Also, developing that gold mine did give us a boost in income, but inflation is kinda hampering that at the moment.

hashashash fucked around with this message at 23:09 on May 19, 2017

GunnerJ
Aug 1, 2005

Do you think this is funny?

Lord Cyrahzax posted:

Agreed. The New Taifas are on the rise: once we can wage wars of real conquest, we need to be ready.

It is a little bit strange to me that the power to make proposals to declare certain types of war is only given to whatever the ruling faction is, so that now the warrior faction can't do it while the faction with no interest in doing it can.

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

GunnerJ posted:

It is a little bit strange to me that the power to make proposals to declare certain types of war is only given to whatever the ruling faction is, so that now the warrior faction can't do it while the faction with no interest in doing it can.

They can always propose vassalization wars, plus a hawkish Sultan can unilaterally decide to conquer as well.

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

GunnerJ posted:

I mean, think of it more as we can only declare wars on conquest when the Taifas are in power. The only reason I've allowed the Merchants to do it is if they want to capture a province with a centre of trade, for example, or an estuary or something like that.

If the Merchants started declaring conquest wars willy-nilly, then I would just ban it altogether unless the Taifas are actually in power.

Duey
Sep 5, 2004

Hi
Nap Ghost

Soup du Jour posted:

I stand behind this. The Ulema have always been the weakest political faction, perhaps if we research Statecraft we can advance our interests more easily.

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Soup du Jour posted:

I, Snipee of the Ulama, support this proposal.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

I, Chatrapati of the Ulema, propose we send Christians who are known to be disruptive, such as the Leónese, to those overseas rocks the merchants are so interested in. Paving the way for local populations to be filled with pious Muslims.

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

I, Ralepozozaxe, the Dalai Ullama, propose the Toleading from the Front Act. We move our capital to Toledo and increase it's development to 30. We must show the other Iberians that we are not a southern Iberian nation, but the central and most prominent Iberian nation. By moving our capital to the center, we show them that we will not be backing down. Plus, the previous sultan made it oh so nice and pretty.

Mountaineer
Aug 29, 2008

Imagine a rod breaking on a robot face - forever

Soup du Jour posted:

I endorse this proposal.

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

catlord posted:

The al-Boys support this course.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

WilliamAnderson posted:

I propose that we Build Workshops in all provinces that will earn us 0.15 or more ducats per month.

I support policies that bring in more of my little shiny friends.

I talk to my coins but they do not talk back. :smith:

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

I propose Fiscal Acceptance and Responsible Toleration which mandates that we extend limited privileges and toleration to christians who contribute to the realm, preferably financially.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Ralepozozaxe posted:

I, Ralepozozaxe, the Dalai Ullama, propose the Toleading from the Front Act. We move our capital to Toledo and increase it's development to 30. We must show the other Iberians that we are not a southern Iberian nation, but the central and most prominent Iberian nation. By moving our capital to the center, we show them that we will not be backing down. Plus, the previous sultan made it oh so nice and pretty.

The llama knows all, the llama is smart. The llama gets my vote

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Policies so far:

TildeATH posted:

TildeATH, Rodyle.

catlord posted:

catlord, RZApublican, Lord Cyrahzax, ShootaBoy.

Soup du Jour posted:

I propose the Advanced Statecraft Act. All Administrative Power must be aimed at bringing our Administrative Tech to the highest level (that is, until we start getting ahead-of-time penalties) before it can be used on anything else.

Soup du Jour, Duey, Snipee, Mountaineer.

Ralepozozaxe posted:

Ralepozozaxe, Slaan.

GunnerJ posted:

GunnerJ, Talas, Bot 02, Tendronai, HailedUser, Yvonmukluk.

WilliamAnderson posted:

I propose that we Build Workshops in all provinces that will earn us 0.15 or more ducats per month.

WilliamAnderson, Dick Trauma.

Archaeology Hat posted:

I propose Fiscal Acceptance and Responsible Toleration which mandates that we extend limited privileges and toleration to christians who contribute to the realm, preferably financially.

Archaeology Hat

hashashash
Nov 2, 2016

Chatrapati posted:

I, Chatrapati of the Ulema, propose we send Christians who are known to be disruptive, such as the Leónese, to those overseas rocks the merchants are so interested in. Paving the way for local populations to be filled with pious Muslims.

I'm not too sure what this means, is it culture converting? We can't culture convert unless the province is already Sunni, and we can't convert it to Sunni whilst the Ulema are the smallest faction, so that's not possible yet.

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.

TildeATH posted:

Hash already weighed in, basically it's only Galicia now, Aragon if they break alliance with us and Leon if they fall out of Castille's orbit.

So basically it's just Vassalize Galicia and maybe get some more if the situation allows, which seems fine to me. I could also see the wisdom of supporting the MilTech proposal.

Well, we could also try to diplo-vassalize Aragon, get those relations up and ask nicely. Thought you meant that by "every effort".

Anyway, i'll go ahead and support the Don't Wait - Vassalate act since Galicia having no allies is too good to let pass.

Chatrapati
Nov 6, 2012

Hashim posted:

I'm not too sure what this means, is it culture converting? We can't culture convert unless the province is already Sunni, and we can't convert it to Sunni whilst the Ulema are the smallest faction, so that's not possible yet.

No, I meant that we should move Leónese populations out of Al-Andalus and into colonies, like England did with its religious minorities.

I probably ought to read what is possible in the game before making suggestions.

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

I propose the al-Helladid was a Populist Act. These rebellions threaten us during times of war. Filthy opportunists bite at our heels while the infidel marches to our gates. We must stamp out rebellious tendencies in the disloyal provinces by any means necessary.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Not participating, so just a question: Should the Sultan target the big islands (Cuba, Hispanola), or the little islands in the Lesser Antilles? There are some fantastic provinces in the Caribbean, so this is a good area to look into.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eleven Eleven
Nov 12, 2016

Patter Song posted:

Not participating, so just a question: Should the Sultan target the big islands (Cuba, Hispanola), or the little islands in the Lesser Antilles? There are some fantastic provinces in the Caribbean, so this is a good area to look into.

I'm partial to either, though I think the Lesser Antilles could be a lot of fun. Second to that, Cuba.