Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

exploded mummy posted:

I don't think there's ever been an actual activation date for 2B other than "fairly recently" relative to the 10000 year long Machine Wars.

Some other dates give us a reasonable ballpark, even if it's not exact, and it seems pretty likely her age is still in the single digits.

She just got hardened fast.

(Anemone, on the other hand? Hundreds of years old, most of it spent at the front. Androids are built to last.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment

Everyone in this thread posted:

Robot Philosophy

THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE THIS CANNOT CONTINUE

Albu-quirky Guy
Nov 8, 2005

Still stuck in the Land of Entrapment
Sorry, I've had that song stuck in my head all day. And now you all do too!

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Joke's on you, I've had it stuck in my head for weeks.

apocalypticCritic
Mar 19, 2014

Rangpur posted:

I'm pretty sure it has retroactively become stuck in my head for forever.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sorry, what was that? I've been busy humming Song of the Ancients since NieR came out.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Can't get mad over a one song stuck in your head if the whole soundtrack has been for weeks.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Bruceski posted:

Sorry, what was that? I've been busy humming Song of the Ancients since NieR came out.
Hi, it's me. The guy who's had "A Beautiful Song" stuck in his head for a while now. Please get it out, the song's been blending with other music and my brain's slowly going mad.

FeyerbrandX
Oct 9, 2012

Bruceski posted:

Sorry, can't hear your earworm over Song of the Ancients, Gaur Plains and Dancing Mad locked in perpetual combat in my mind.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Donkringel posted:

Alright, wild speculation time.

What if the majority of the Androids on the Bunker are just humans in disguise? Like the Operators, for example.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Power Bottom posted:

What if the majority of the Androids on the Bunker are just humans in disguise? Like the Operators, for example.

In a shocking plot twist, every android except 2B and 9S is secretly a human in disguise.

It's very awkward.

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
I'm guessing that the moon itself is humanity in disguise. End game is going to literally be the earth vs the moon.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I just got to the worst part of the Drakengard LP thread: the one or two goons that kept saying "heh, this isn't so weird, you guys are overblowing this :smug:"

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

FeyerbrandX posted:

Sorry, can't hear your earworm over Song of the Ancients, Gaur Plains and Dancing Mad locked in perpetual combat in my mind.

What's that? I can't hear you over all the bells in "Chapter 13 - Closing" from Drakengard.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

chiasaur11 posted:

(Anemone, on the other hand? Hundreds of years old, most of it spent at the front. Androids are built to last.)

Even that's pretty recent compared to 10000 year long Machine War. Given the last sidequest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Engels design is relatively recent* as well.

*Well, less than a millennium old

Skylight
Nov 25, 2011

DIE TO THE DEATH!
SENTANCE TO DEATH!
GREAT EQUALIZER IS THE DEATH!

vilkacis posted:

Someone already got to this, but I couldn't resist the simpler change:

...or maybe just

Beautiful. :allears:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

vilkacis posted:

...or maybe just

The max size for smilies is 90 x 25. Fix it and I'll buy it.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Pod, enhance:

:thunk:

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

Albu-quirky Guy posted:

Sorry, I've had that song stuck in my head all day. And now you all do too!

Rangpur posted:

apocalypticCritic posted:

I'm pretty sure it has retroactively become stuck in my head for forever.

Bruceski posted:

Fabulousvillain posted:

Can't get mad over a one song stuck in your head if the whole soundtrack has been for weeks.

AradoBalanga posted:

Hi, it's me. The guy who's had "A Beautiful Song" stuck in his head for a while now. Please get it out, the song's been blending with other music and my brain's slowly going mad.

FeyerbrandX posted:

Congratulations to you and everyone else who have either never beaten Drakengard 3 or have successfully suppressed all memory of it.

Signed,
Everyone who has "The Final Song" eternally playing in their head

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

Skylight posted:

Beautiful. :allears:

ultrafilter posted:

The max size for smilies is 90 x 25. Fix it and I'll buy it.

Huh, I just used :catdrugs: as a template, but I guess it got special treatment.

There's some empty space in it, though, so it's not too had to chop off 10 pixels:

e: or maybe looks better? I squished the K to get a little more space between Emil and the text.

vilkacis fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 20, 2017

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

:yokotaro:

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
Chalk me up as another one of the people who couldn't figure out how to get the Engels quest going for the longest time because the marker pointed to the head and I kept trying to jump onto it.

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Congratulations to you and everyone else who have either never beaten Drakengard 3 or have successfully suppressed all memory of it.

Signed,

Now this is a thing I can get behind.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Signed,

I have only experienced The Final Song via LP, and therefore I have it playing in my head for a totally different reason - it's a great song. I understand that it's been permanently ruined for you, and that's a shame. It's also in the same game as This Silence is Mine and therefore overshadowed.

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015

AndwhatIseeisme posted:

Congratulations to you and everyone else who have either never beaten Drakengard 3 Nier or have successfully suppressed all memory of it.

Signed,
Everyone who has "The Final Song""Ashes of Dreams" eternally playing in their head

Oh don't worry, I remember that one them.

:shittypop:

Fabulousvillain fucked around with this message at 03:47 on May 20, 2017

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Thank you for this

:yokotaro:

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

SirPhoebos posted:

Pod, enhance:

:thunk:

I'm sure it's just a joking reference to Nier, and will have absolutely NO PLOT SIGNIFICANCE.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Donkringel posted:

"no emotions is a ground rule"

"The new robots are faster, stronger, sexier and emotionless!"

I don't think that quite follows.

We know from Jackass' combat quest that Androids are designed to feel a combat-high, similar to love. And... well literally every android we've met has been emotional all over the place. The only one who said 'emotions are prohibited' or seems to give a poo poo about that at all was 2B (so far at least), and she's a bit of a stick in the mud. Even the word 'prohibited' suggests more of an external rule than an intrinsic feature. But even she immediately turns around, like getting annoyed with 9S calling her ma'am right after the emotions line, or how distraught she was for 9S during the tutorial Engels fight.

Anyway I don't think it's so much "no emotions as a mechanical/software design", but a workplace "focus on the mission/be professional", but 2B takes a bit too far/it's a dumb rule that everyone but 2B ignores

Mazerunner fucked around with this message at 05:15 on May 20, 2017

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
To me it feels like a desperate attempt to try and keep all the Androids focused on completing the mission of ridding the world of machines. Without it the androids would quickly become a never ending teen drama.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
A never ending horoscope orgy!

I don't get the Pod, enhance picture. What are tho two supposed to be?

Also, I am weird freaky mutant who never got impressed by music tracks in any of these LPs.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

It looks like Popola and Devola.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

JcDent posted:

Also, I am weird freaky mutant who never got impressed by music tracks in any of these LPs.

Oh poo poo, they're broken! Someone needs to repair this person. We need 50 CCs of Nier Automata soundtrack, 75 CCs of Undertale soundtrack, and 37 CCs of Bastion soundtrack, stat!

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Hunt11 posted:

To me it feels like a desperate attempt to try and keep all the Androids focused on completing the mission of ridding the world of machines. Without it the androids would quickly become a never ending teen drama.
I would watch Bunker High. Commander is the stern principal, the operators are all giggly upperclassmen in other classes, the list goes on.

Edit: And then because it'd be made by Yoko Taro it would end more like School Days than like Degrassi.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!

Qrr posted:

Oh poo poo, they're broken! Someone needs to repair this person. We need 50 CCs of Nier Automata soundtrack, 75 CCs of Undertale soundtrack, and 37 CCs of Bastion soundtrack, stat!

Hey. HEY. I liked Bastion and Transistor soundtracks, thank you very much.

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

InequalityGodzilla posted:

I would watch Bunker High.

Way away in the eleven-nine-forties
secret government employees
programmed white-haired guys and ladies
and made amusing android armies

now these 'droids are sexy teens now,
they're gonna make if they try
loving, levelling, fishing, killing
time to laugh and shiver
and cry

Yoooorrrr Hiiiiigh

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Mazerunner posted:

Way away in the eleven-nine-forties
secret government employees
programmed white-haired guys and ladies
and made amusing android armies

now these 'droids are sexy teens now,
they're gonna make if they try
loving, levelling, fishing, killing
time to laugh and shiver
and cry

Yoooorrrr Hiiiiigh

You know, that's not the worst analogy for this. We totally have a Joan and Abe thing going already.

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)

JcDent posted:

Hey. HEY. I liked Bastion and Transistor soundtracks, thank you very much.

Great now I'm gonna be humming Spine of the World all day

vilkacis
Feb 16, 2011

That's way more than I was expecting when I made it, but I'm certainly not going to complain! :buddy:

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

That's even better than the one I thought about making :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!

FeyerbrandX posted:

Sorry, can't hear you over Kainé Salvation winning that fight.

• Locked thread