Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

chaosapiant posted:

Loved P3 and 4, getting 5 tonight. I'm making a good decision right?

An extremely good decision, yes. Persona 5 owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goodguy3
Aug 11, 2016

"What?! I'm not tangled up like this for fun, you know!"
Sun also provides a healthy dose of charm.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

That does change my plans somewhat, then. I'll probably work on Tower during the day and Hanged Man or Sun at night until I can max out Kindness and Proficiency then switch back to Empress during the day and Hierophant at night. At least until I get them caught up.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.
(Palace 6 spoilers)

Sae: A Palace? In Me?
Joker: It's more likely than you think.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In its first month, Persona 5 sold five times more than P4's debut in America, according to NPD charts. It was the second biggest seller of the month, bested only by Mario Kart.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Waffleman_ posted:

In its first month, Persona 5 sold five times more than P4's debut in America, according to NPD charts. It was the second biggest seller of the month, bested only by Mario Kart.

So a pretty solid chance at seeing Persona 5-2

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

SpazmasterX posted:

So a pretty solid chance at seeing Persona 5-2

Goro Akechi is Dancing All Night Too!

Baby Babbeh
Aug 2, 2005

It's hard to soar with the eagles when you work with Turkeys!!

What's a good persona to make into a Pulinpa Tank for farming confused miniboss gold?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Baby Babbeh posted:

What's a good persona to make into a Pulinpa Tank for farming confused miniboss gold?
Abaharaki repels phys/gun and has a decent luck stat.

TheLoser
Apr 1, 2011

You make my korokoro go dokidoki.

The many, many bonds you form shall become the wings of rebellion and break the yoke of thy heart.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Gettin on a plane for this

tom bob-ombadil
Jan 1, 2012
Somebody better cosplay as Mara.

Oh god, I hope somebody keeps yelling in their best Morgana voice, "Oooh! You can do this!"

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Alright, so I understand the gimmick of the 5th boss fight, but thing is, uh... is it seriously random whether your MC just happens to have Hunger on him at the time? (That is, he was both targeted with it AND still has it at the time the super attack goes off?) Becuase if so, goddamn that is an impressive level of bullshit even for an SMT game.

slev
Apr 6, 2009

I had no idea the 5th palace boss had a gimmick

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Sort of? I mean it would be trivial if it was a physical or magical attack, but I assumed it was Almighty.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Having to guard isn't really a gimmick.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

What, really? It did like 800 damage to the MC.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Rangpur posted:

Alright, so I understand the gimmick of the 5th boss fight, but thing is, uh... is it seriously random whether your MC just happens to have Hunger on him at the time? (That is, he was both targeted with it AND still has it at the time the super attack goes off?) Becuase if so, goddamn that is an impressive level of bullshit even for an SMT game.

Tarunda, Rakukaja, Guard.

You don't need to be hungry.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

One hour in and this game already has me by the balls! Last game to suck me in so quick was Witcher 3!

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Baby Babbeh posted:

Having a tanky persona isn't really important. What you need is one with high luck so you get more money.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

Tarunda, Rakukaja, Guard.

You don't need to be hungry.
When you're right, you're right. Worked like a charm! I suppose that will teach me to make strategic decisions based on half-understood spoiler leakage. Thanks for setting me straight, y'all.

Fingers Mazda
Mar 25, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pmvOrnVaJwI

Fingers Mazda fucked around with this message at 20:50 on May 20, 2017

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Bonafide Monafide.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

I know one of you nerds must be going to that convention. Get yourself a full body Morgana mascot costume and stand outside the door yelling that they should sleep now.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Is it better to level heirophant with the coffee or actually hang out with him? It takes forever I just finished Palace 4 so the story lock is gone but even getting to 4 is taking ages

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

What's the chance of this being real

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I can believe it up to the last part. That's where it tries too hard.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I want to believe because I want to believe that there are people out there who are suuuuuper prejudiced against video game subseries.

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

Is it better to level heirophant with the coffee or actually hang out with him? It takes forever I just finished Palace 4 so the story lock is gone but even getting to 4 is taking ages
I think they're equal unless you happen to have Fortune at rank 7 already, which can speed things up. Do note however that once the game stops flashing coffee trivia when you brew, you're no longer making headway--there's only so many times you can progress that way. It's there for efficiency, I think: practice coffee brewing when he's not available, hang out with him directly otherwise. Make sure you keep a Hierophant Persona in stock.

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Is the game going to flash back to the skipped scenes around palace 6 or is Futuba or Mona just going to exposition dump afterward?

Edit: Also the music choice for Palace 6 seems completely ridiculous.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

ChaosArgate posted:

I want to believe because I want to believe that there are people out there who are suuuuuper prejudiced against video game subseries.

Lots of people are prejudiced against Persona.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

DalaranJ posted:

Is the game going to flash back to the skipped scenes around palace 6 or is Futuba or Mona just going to exposition dump afterward?

Edit: Also the music choice for Palace 6 seems completely ridiculous.

You'll see those scenes eventually.

The Whims of Fate is ridiculous but it's also perfect for the palace and it has a really sick bass line. It's real good!

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

ChaosArgate posted:

The Whims of Fate is ridiculous but it's also perfect for the palace and it has a really sick bass line. It's real good!

It is good. And it's good for the palace. It just doesn't seem to make sense for the Palace owner (yet?).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

-- rocks the gently caress out of that sexy gown

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 18:11 on May 20, 2017

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I want to date the Palace 6's boss very much, yes

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I dunno. She rocks the hat and gown pretty drat well, but her taste in eye makeup just kinda kills the whole thing for me.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Uhh you guys might want to put the name of the boss in spoilers.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
the hat is like the one thing not doing it for me, the eyeliner is juse point. the spike choker and back tattoos are just pandering to me tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

I could just paint my cock green and attach a toy chariot to it :smug: