Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

After next season, imo.

And Monaco rule.

they do, I've long rated...les Rouges et Blancs?

But they've been good. What I like about them is that a great deal of their core talent - Mbappe, Bakayoko, Lemar, Mendy, Sidibe - are all French. Even Lyon probably doesn't have a core of French youth this talented, although it's hard to tell with them because they've had such poo poo managing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jason Sextro posted:

I know new management wants to but it remains to be seen how things are going to go - the one thing they desperately needed and need is a good defense, but instead they paid big money to bring back Payet. Which is nice in the sense that he never should have left to begin with, but that defense is wretched.

iirc louis-dreyfus said similar things when the league position started falling off a cliff so i am deeply skeptical, yeah

R. Guyovich fucked around with this message at 04:48 on May 18, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

R. Guyovich posted:

iirc louis-dreyfus said similar things when the league position started falling off a cliff so i am deeply skeptical, yeah

i don't doubt they want to, but if your answer to the challenge of CL football is Rudi Garcia, you may not be on quite the right trajectory

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/865669734053707777

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That's amazing. Consecutive promotions too. My wife and my French family are from Amiens and I never thought I'd see the day.
Disappointed my beloved Lens missed out.

Amiens' stadium is poo poo and wasn't designed with any expansion in mind. I suppose Ligue 1 was never part of the plan.....

Sneaks McDevious fucked around with this message at 06:17 on May 20, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

julian assflange posted:

That's amazing. Consecutive promotions too. My wife and my French family are from Amiens and I never thought I'd see the day.
Disappointed my beloved Lens missed out.

Amiens' stadium is poo poo and wasn't designed with any expansion in mind. I suppose Ligue 1 was never part of the plan.....

Yeah, unfortunately if the stadium's not up to scratch the DNCG can still annul the promotion because they've done it before.

Still, congrats to them and to Strasbourg! RC Strasbourg Alsace is the only top(ish) French team who's gone through managers as regularly as Marseille, so it's good to see a little stability from them here too.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
This turd league resumes today, you can watch €2000000000000 striker Mbappe in action.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Amiens SC ftw

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
I wonder who will win Ligue 1 this year

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
i thought ben arfa had gone back to nice but he hasn't which is a shame. him and balotelli on the same team would own

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

blue footed boobie posted:

I wonder who will win Ligue 1 this year

the club of our hearts since childhood, Les Aiglons

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Jason Sextro posted:

the club of our hearts since childhood, Les Aiglons

yes YES YES

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I'm watching my first live Ligue 1 game ftw

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Amiens didn't get raped by PSG and even had a shot on target :rms:

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Dijon's keeper can goal kick right to the other box, maybe Man City should've made plucky FCO a mammoth offer

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Marseille have been entertaining (and a bit lucky) today

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

Marseille have been entertaining (and a bit lucky) today

I'm curious to see if subbing off Payet and giving the armband to Evra had anything to do with their playing better in the second half

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
quite the jammy winner for Marseille

this dude for Nantes that separated his shoulder but is finishing the match with his arm taped to his body is a brute

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Amiens will record their first win of the seasons against Angers tonight I can feel it

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

quite the jammy winner for Marseille

this dude for Nantes that separated his shoulder but is finishing the match with his arm taped to his body is a brute

Nantes has some fantastic scouts to find that keeper, jesus

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe

Jason Sextro posted:

Nantes has some fantastic scouts to find that keeper, jesus

he's always had periods of being a bit poo poo while he was at Fiorentina, but yeah he was great today

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

he's always had periods of being a bit poo poo while he was at Fiorentina, but yeah he was great today

For some reason I thought he was playing in Steaua :doh:

Fiorentina to Nantes is an unexpected move, I guess Nantes is historically one of the better teams in France. Nantes was looking pretty good though, they could have won if a couple of lucky breaks had gone their way.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
The end of the Strasbourg - Lille game is funny. Lille's keeper was sent off after all of their subs had been made, and so far Bielsa has rotated two different outfield players into goal based on the situation.

E: and both of them have conceded goals

trem_two fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Aug 13, 2017

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

trem_two posted:

The end of the Strasbourg - Lille game is funny. Lille's keeper was sent off after all of their subs had been made, and so far Bielsa has rotated two different outfield players into goal based on the situation.

E: and both of them have conceded goals

Bielsa is never short on entertainment, that's for sure

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
I love El Tigre and I'm glad that he's good again

edit: phwoarrrrr

https://streamable.com/jy74z

curried lamb of God fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Aug 13, 2017

curried lamb of God
Aug 31, 2001

we are all Marwinners
Traore :staredog:

https://streamable.com/o51hf

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

When I saw what OL was doing this transfer window it looked a little like they didn't have a plan but drat if they don't look good so far

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
Neymar just murdered Toulouse

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...
lol Neymar's gonna score like 70 goals this year and no one will care

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

Mechafunkzilla posted:

lol Neymar's gonna score like 70 goals this year and no one will care

I know I don't.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:siren: Amiens scored their first (only?) win of the season :rms: :siren: :smug:

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
https://fr.sports.yahoo.com/news/foot-wtf-wtf-aulas-nasser-223100939.html?soc_src=social-sh&soc_trk=tw

lmao

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Aulas rules imo

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Pretty sure nothing will come of this.

http://www.uefa.com/insideuefa/about-uefa/news/newsid=2497671.html

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

Likely not - not sure if Platini still has any sway over UEFA since he's been turfed but they were his favourite team

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
So Ligue 1 refs are giving straight reds for even getting close to their biggest assets?

https://streamable.com/q1583

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

TheBigAristotle posted:

So Ligue 1 refs are giving straight reds for even getting close to their biggest assets?

That's a red, easy.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Big Balo has scored two big buts today

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

TheBigAristotle posted:

That's probably a red, but he hits ball first? Do the studs up just totally trivialize that fact?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

Sandwolf posted:

That's probably a red, but he hits ball first? Do the studs up just totally trivialize that fact?

I think tackling from behind with studs up and that much momentum is dangerous even if you get the ball first.