Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Do you like Alien 3 "Assembly Cut"?
Yes, Alien 3 "Assembly Cut" was tits.
No, Alien and Aliens are the only valid Alien films.
Nah gently caress you Alien 3 sucks in all its forms.
View Results

Queering Wheel
Jun 18, 2011

Covok posted:

I'm not saying you're wrong, but I didn't get that vibe. It just felt kind of sloppy. Like I'm not a stickler for Cannon or what have you but it does feel inconsistent with the other movies. Like a Facehugger had a be on that guy for a day in the original. And the alien took quite a while to mature in the original. It just seems weird when that doesn't happen in the sequel. Call it what you will but it does make you go what when it happens.

Honestly, I didn't feel it made them seemed more ruthless. It just felt weird. Like he forgot how it worked in the original.

The facehuggers in Alien's derelict could just be a different strain of xeno that takes longer to mature. Also, if that derelict really is as old as the Nostromo crew thinks it is, perhaps the eggs laying dormant for so long would stunt the xeno's growth rate or something. Several decent explanations for it I think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
As a follow-up, I might be harsh on the film unfairly. The person I saw it with was constantly talking during the movie about how much he found it funny or thought it was stupid. The theater was the same way with their reactions and constant talking. Seriously, everyone was cracking jokes and saying things like "don't go in there." I'm not used to seeing films in the city and prefer how my small town remains respectfully quiet during a movie.

That could have have colored my perceptions. Might need to rewach it on DVD once too really examine it.

Sierra Nevadan
Nov 1, 2010

The chestburster in the original Alien grew to full size in less than a day,

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Big dumb post incoming.

There are some really big unanswered plot details.

1)Why is the dreadnought crashed? David has a fully functional spacecraft and crashing it would maroon him on the planet forever. It's in his best interests to keep it functional. Did the engineers dying do something in their last moments? It's evident not all of them died from the black death.

2)Why are there no other spacecraft on the engineer planet for David to take control of after losing the dreadnought?

3)When was Shaw singing country roads? On their way to the engineer planet or on the engineer planet planning on returning to earth? Probably the latter since she wouldn't be in such good spirits after David genocides the place. It's just that I'm not certain if the lyrics of the song make sense for when going to the engineer planet away from earth. Yes I'm going to read into this.

Perhaps the lyrics to country roads are related to the past or future plot or just symbolism? I've highlighted verses that might be relevant

Almost heaven, West Virginia
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenandoah River,
Life is old there
Older than the trees
Younger than the mountains
Blowin' like the breeze

[Chorus]
Country roads, take me home
To the place I belong

West Virginia, mountain momma
Take me home, country roads
All my memories gathered 'round her
Miner's lady, stranger to blue water
Dark and dusty, painted on the sky
Misty taste of moonshine
Teardrops in my eye
[Chorus]
I hear her voice
In the mornin' hour she calls me
The radio reminds me of my home far away
And drivin' down the road I get a feelin'
That I should have been home yesterday, yesterday

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

The movie was great. Will probably catch it again in theaters before its run is up. My favorite bits: David as Hannibal Lecter leading an unquestioning Billy Crudup down the Tales From the Crypt staircase into his evil creepy death lair.

The whole backburster sequence and the zombie movie score.

David's arrival.

Tennessee's "She sounded really scared. I've never heard her scared before" after we see her flip her poo poo in the worst way.

Phi230 posted:

Also the Engineers clothing and architecture very much resembles classical Rome.

Reminds me of Walter's quip from Bronson's funeral earlier just before they drink the black goo share Bronson's favorite liquor: "When in Rome."

Astrochicken fucked around with this message at 07:06 on May 20, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Shaocaholica posted:

2)Why are there no other spacecraft on the engineer planet for David to take control of after losing the dreadnought?

Lol, this is pretty amazing haha.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the engineers on the planet look pretty un-advanced and old-school fantasy. also the big carved heads look way different so my guess is that theyre a more primitive lot in some regard.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Xenomrph posted:

Edit--
David playing the literal soundtrack to Prometheus on the flute late in the movie felt like kinda weird fourth-wall breaking. Maybe I'm totally mis-remembering Prometheus, but the tune he plays is literally a recurring motif from the Prometheus score that plays prominently at the end of the movie.

It is indeed the main theme to Prometheus and its great that he plays it on the flute.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I might as well mention that the Official 'Alien Covenant' (tm) Movie Novelization Tie-In Merchandise Book for Nerds comes out next week, and you'd better believe I've had that poo poo on pre-order on Amazon for months. I'm curious to see what it changes/fills out compared to the movie.

Speaking of things being changed, NECA released photos of their upcoming Covenant Xenomorph and Neomorph figures, and they're really different from what was in the movie. It turns out the creature effects were heavily altered by CGI in post. Speaking of things that were altered, there's a poster on the AvPGalaxy forum who got to see multiple test screenings over the course of the movie's development and he broke down a bunch of the changes he saw between the test screenings and the final release. I'll just copy-paste his post in a spoiler tag:

quote:

I was given the opportunity to see two different cuts of ALIEN: COVENANT in October and December of last year. The film had been testing for a private audience at a small screening room on the Fox lot with director Ridley Scott in attendance. After seeing the final theatrical cut yesterday evening I wanted to share some details about the differences between the versions that were tested.

During the opening scene where David is playing the piano for Peter Weyland, there was additional dialogue that felt as if it was intended to answer one of the most vital questions from PROMETHEUS. Why did our creators turn on us? When Weyland says that the song David is playing sounds a little anemic without the orchestra, David responds by telling him that he is playing the refrain, the part of the symphony where the Gods have chosen to punish their creations for their vanity and greed, only for the Gods themselves to eventually become just as vain and greedy.

The scene where the suited up crew is recovering bodies from the aftermath of the Neutrino burst is new. We never saw Branson's charred corpse in either cut as well.

When David rescues the crew from the Neomorphs he says a line that sounds similar to a quote from another classic sci-fi film. He says, "Come with me.. if you want to stay alive."

In the Citadel, Walter warns Oram that David hasn't received proper maintenance in ten years. Oram then asks what are the effects of a synthetic that has not had such maintenance, to which Walter replies, "I think we're about to find out."

The Neomorph confronting and killing Rosenthal was slightly extended. It was originally shown to us with practical effects. It was a thin stunt actor in a suit with an animatronic head sporting Nosferatu-like fangs from its mouth. The creature rises up behind her slowly like the Xenomorph cornering Lambert in the first ALIEN, then she turns and defiantly swears at the creature before going for her weapon. Her death is the same in the final cut (powerful neck bite leading to decapitation).

The online prologue entitled "The Crossing" was originally part of the film. It was the only footage of Shaw that we see other then her recorded hologram on the Engineer's ship (which gets replaced with ghostly static in the final cut). The scene was placed in between the conversation that David has with Walter at Shaw's grave.

Oram's chestbursting scene was slightly altered. In both rough cuts, Ridley had the creature bursting out with the back of its head. This may have been intentional but it clearly looked like a penis and had some audience members in giggle fits. As the creature pushed its way out of his chest the phallic looking head tilted back to reveal the tiny Alien face. Then all was well with the audience as they understood what they were looking at.

David's battle with Walter originally telegraphed the twist to soon and it sadly remains the same in the final cut. The second version that was screened didn't show David reaching for a knife and ended with Walter bringing down the rock before cutting away. The next time we see Walter he is running away from the the Citadel towards the landing platform, no last lingering look back to tip us off. It made the reveal of his identity much more of a surprise.

Ever wonder what happened to the OTHER Neomorph that went scurrying off into the darkness? Well he actually shows up in a short action scene that was only screened in the first cut. It is near the end of the film when Daniels and Lope are outside the Citadel awaiting rescue. They see Tennessee bringing down the landing platform but the second Neomorph makes a surprise appearance and begins charging at them. At that same time the Xenomorph steps out of the Citadel and sees the two in the distance and immediately gives chase from the opposite end. Daniels and Lope begin running for the landing platform, back to back, and firing in opposite directions at both Aliens. If I recall correctly we see the Xenomorph effortlessly dodging bullets mid-stride while Daniels is able to take down the Neomorph with her rifle.

The deaths of Ricks and Upworth during the infamous shower scene were far more graphic. When the Xenomorph punches its jaw through Jussie Smollet's mouth, we also see it retract, focusing on the victim's ruined head for a few seconds. It's a nasty practical effect with his jaw barely holding together. Then we see a full body shot of the Alien crashing through the glass of the shower partition in slow motion, about to land on top of Upworth, who is seen nude and screaming.

The ending was also slightly different with each screening. Both of the early cuts did not have Daniels figuring out Walter's identity before succumbing to cryosleep. That actually played better in the final cut. The first version had Walter put Daniels in cryo peacefully before revealing himself to the audience when responding to MU-TH-UR in his British accent. He also pulls out the refrigerated samples and we see that he has already replaced several of them with both Facehugger and tiny Xenomorph embryos. The second cut reveals his identity to the audience in much the same way, only we see David cough up the embryos and place them in the storage drawer. Both early cuts showed him walking down the corridor while "Entry of the Gods into Valhalla" plays over the scene, then doing a little jump where he playfully kicks his heels together. There was no final report from "Walter," just the last image of the Covenant floating off into space.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Man that neomorph is disappointing. I loved the one in the film. It was creepy yet kinda cute.

TheMopeSquad
Aug 5, 2013

Shaocaholica posted:

1)Why is the dreadnought crashed? David has a fully functional spacecraft and crashing it would maroon him on the planet forever. It's in his best interests to keep it functional. Did the engineers dying do something in their last moments? It's evident not all of them died from the black death.
I would like to believe it was some strife between Shaw and David that occurred while they were trying to leave the planet but it was probably just the lovely weather or something dumb like that.

quote:

3)When was Shaw singing country roads? On their way to the engineer planet or on the engineer planet planning on returning to earth? Probably the latter since she wouldn't be in such good spirits after David genocides the place.
On the contrary I was under the impression they purposefully went there to kill the gently caress out of the engineers in retaliation or revenge (or both) so singing merrily would not be out of the question.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

IMB posted:

They made a point of showing David cry quite a few times. Any ideas on the significance of that.

I love that this post reads like a CIA man reading an after-action report.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Gonz posted:

* I still love that little Prometheus musical motif to this day (when David was playing it on the flute).

It appears several more times in the movie, usually when Shaw is mentioned.

I also love it.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

Xenomrph posted:

Both early cuts showed him walking down the corridor while "Entry of the Gods into Valhalla" plays over the scene, then doing a little jump where he playfully kicks his heels together. There was no final report from "Walter," just the last image of the Covenant floating off into space.

Oh poo poo! I was thinking to myself when David was walking down that hall that a little heel click would have been the icing on the cake for his master plan.

GET OUT OF MY HEAD, RIDLEY SCOTT!

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I love that weird robot walk he did in the first scene and the last

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
One thing I didn't see brought up itt is the presence of cultivated wheat on the engineer planet. While Promotheus also shows that the Engineers visited earth multiple times and made contact with humanity (for some reason giving them a map towards bio-weapon manufacturing facility) A:C shows that they actually gave humanity some technology and probably taught them about agriculture, which is interesting as it suggests that the engineers weren't wholly antagonistic towards humanity.

In a way it is reminiscent of 3001 where we learn (spoilers for a decades old and slightly lovely novel) that the creators of the monolith grew to consider humanity a massive failure and are about to send an interstellar self-destruct code)

Indra
Nov 25, 2005
Where are my pants?

emanresu tnuocca posted:

One thing I didn't see brought up itt is the presence of cultivated wheat on the engineer planet. While Promotheus also shows that the Engineers visited earth multiple times and made contact with humanity (for some reason giving them a map towards bio-weapon manufacturing facility) A:C shows that they actually gave humanity some technology and probably taught them about agriculture, which is interesting as it suggests that the engineers weren't wholly antagonistic towards humanity.

I think i got too caught up in what was on the screen in Prometheus that i stopped thinking about why they were given directions to a weapons facility. Can't believe it never registered before. Or does that tie in to the whole humans killing Jesus-Engineer/us pissing them off some other way theory? Or was that planet supposed to eventually turn into something more important by the time we evolved to the space age?

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos

Indra posted:

I think i got too caught up in what was on the screen in Prometheus that i stopped thinking about why they were given directions to a weapons facility. Can't believe it never registered before. Or does that tie in to the whole humans killing Jesus-Engineer/us pissing them off some other way theory? Or was that planet supposed to eventually turn into something more important by the time we evolved to the space age?

The cave murals in Promotheus span tens of thousands of years, whatever the reason the engineers wanted humanity to find the Prometheus planet it predated Jesus by ages.

OTOH, assuming that the only purpose of the promethean planet was to manufacture black goo, or in fact that black goo is only manufactured as a Pathogen, could be pretty off. We've seen at least one use for it that didn't involve erradicating life forms but in fact was used for the creation of sentient life, perhaps the planet is also used as a welcoming station, or more nefariously perhaps it is just more convenient to get humans on the same planet where you could easily feed them into the black goo machine and experiment on them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Neo Rasa posted:

All the creature effects are great except for the shots where one of the creatures is being viewed by surveillance cameras towards the very end.

there were maybe two or three shots where the creature effects looked good (and they were all the actual alien towards the end). some of the shots were laughably bad. almost assembly cut chestbuster bad.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 20, 2017

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
All the alien shots looked good, leagues better than Alien 3.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

alright you guys got broke eyes if you thought those effects were good. the backburster was comically bad (and made me think about the chestbuster from 3). like i said, only effect shots they really pulled off were the alien on the cargo lift. the rest was mostly painfully obvious cgi.

Flattest Fish posted:

Well, if there's something I still would've enjoyed coming out of the mess that was Prometheus, It would've been a movie with Noomi Rapace discovering an eldritch biomechanical world and confronting its spooky mysteries, produced by a better scriptwriter. From the trailers, clearly that wasn't going to happen but the little nugget of it that was still promised in one of the previews sure ended in a worst case scenario. Was Shaw ever supposed to end up as more than a grisly prop in David Lecter's Monster Village? Meh.

yeah that woulda kicked rear end.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 10:40 on May 20, 2017

Flattest Fish
May 29, 2013
Well, if there's something I still would've enjoyed coming out of the mess that was Prometheus, It would've been a movie with Noomi Rapace discovering an eldritch biomechanical world and confronting its spooky mysteries, produced by a better scriptwriter. From the trailers, clearly that wasn't going to happen but the little nugget of it that was still promised in one of the previews sure ended in a worst case scenario. Was Shaw ever supposed to end up as more than a grisly prop in David Lecter's Monster Village? Meh.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I think David turned her into a cereal bowl.

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Guys, guys! The CGI was good, it was only terrible in the trailers because trailers have nothing to do with the actual movie. Stop saying the CGI was bad.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I thought the CG was decent, especially the Neomorphs. That part where it's just standing and breathing it looks like it stepped right out of a Beksinski painting.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol that was one of the bits where i most thought man that really needed to be a practical effect.

alf_pogs posted:

the only one that looked actually really bad was the on the camera watching the alien dropping down the ladder. but i loved it walking upright on its legs. more of that because it is eery as hell

the backbuster attacking karine is the worst effects shot in the movie.

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 11:22 on May 20, 2017

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

the only one that looked actually really bad was the on the camera watching the alien dropping down the ladder. but i loved it walking upright on its legs. more of that because it is eery as hell

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?

Xenomrph posted:

altered scenes

The (1)dialogue with Weyland, (2) 'the Crossing' scene and (3) return of the other Neomorph scene should have definitely still been in the film. The former two would have gone a long way to the film being a more satisfying follow-up to Prometheus without diverting to much, and the third would be good as I think the film needed an additional action scene.

The rest it sounds like they made the right choice to amend, to be honest. In particular, I think the ending works as is if you're going down the David's on the ship route as being the true final horror sting, as Daniels' pure terror as soon as she realised was truly disturbing.

Perhaps another one to get the fabled Ridley Director's Cut treatment.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Biomute posted:

Guys, guys! The CGI was good, it was only terrible in the trailers because trailers have nothing to do with the actual movie. Stop saying the CGI was bad.

The CGI *did* have issues in the end, but it's still a known fact that CGI gets tinkered with right up until a movie's release and what you see in a trailer generally isn't indicative of the end result.

I kind of wonder if the CGI quality is a casualty of Fox's aggressive attempts to move Covenant's release date forward - if I remember right, it was originally going to come out much later in the year.

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.
The baby xenos are the cutest little aliens in theaters right now. :3:

Dunno if I liked it more than Prometheus, but what a wild ride.

Also dunno why a lot of you are making the crashed ship into a mystery.
The signal that leads to them to the planet in the first place is a very dejected Shaw singing "take me home" while trying to work the controls

Clearly the most unrealistic part of these films is these future people knowing John Denver and Crosby, Stills & Nash.
:goonsay:

Neo Rasa posted:

Each snipe at Prometheus shorter than the last, it's happening...

Galaxy Brain:
1. Alien
2. Blade Runner
3. Prometheus
4. Planet of the Vampires
5. AvP()R

For all the bitching about what the Alien script "says" it's like ya'll don't even know the canon.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Planet of the Vampires is definitely the best Alien film.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Does the planet in Covenant have an LV designation? I ask mainly because 223 & 426 are ominous as hell and fit the new Prime Creator themes Prometheus and Covenant explore (granted 426 is the designation of the original planet in Alien, but given David's Ozymandius quote/viral bombing of the planet is pretty fitting).

Leviticus 22:3

"Say to them: 'For the generations to come, if any of your descendants is ceremonially unclean and yet comes near the sacred offerings that the Israelites consecrate to the LORD, that person must be cut off from my presence. I am the LORD.

Leviticus 42:6
And he shall burn all his fat upon the altar, as the fat of the sacrifice of peace offerings: and the priest shall make an atonement for him as concerning his sin, and it shall be forgiven him.

Truthfully I think Prometheus was way too on the nose with the Abrahamic bullshit, especially with the interviews from Ridley about a crucified engineer 2000 years ago and that's why the living jockey in Prometheus is heading back to earth. It's in this instance I actually default to Lind with something he wrote:

quote:

In one of the early Lindelof scripts for Prometheus, it hints at this in the beginning. The elder Engineers speak to the sacrificial engineer:

“Take this. This is the blood of our lord. For we cannot create as the gift was stripped from us long ago. As always we will continue our attempts to create a perfect Eden much like our own. You, the chosen one will create it in your own image.

Let your body become the dirt. Your blood become the waters. And may your soul become their way back to us. ”

I just found out that scene I mentioned was actually filmed!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNCY8Fb1KI4(YT: Pied  piper 2)

The dialogue takes place right before the engineer in the intro drinks the black goo. The implication being that they're seeding worlds in honor of their creators, perhaps viewing themselves in the proper light as the inherited custodians of the universe. If we go back to the biblical issues Ridley was trying to pump into Prometheus, this would really help elaborate on why the engineer kills Weyland. In fact, in the extended scene with the engineers dialogue captioned we see the engineer angrily demand to know what Weyland has done to deserve more life, and when he hears Weyland go on about how he an equal to the engineer and thus a God and undeserving of death... well, saying that to a race that is not only second to some other species, but also uses death ritualistically to seed worlds... it was stupid as hell on his part. Plus it makes killing Weyland with his own creation even more ironic than it was before.

If however the engineers were trying to resurrect the race that created them (with said races own tools) as some have theorized from that engineer quote above, it would kind of explain why David would choose to begin really focusing on the goo itself after he learns all about their culture on his journey with Shaw to the engineer paradise. David after all is just continuing their work in a way, but it's with his success that he feels he becomes greater than even the engineers in a way. That combined with the massive chip on his shoulder about his inability to create life much like Shaw, or his role in creation as that of a servant to an uncaring creator, really bolsters his crazy "gently caress you dad!" mentality. Hell, his constant work towards outperforming ALL those who came before him when it comes to the act of creation and his search to make the perfect organism for that decade he's on that planet in Covenant makes a hell of a lot more sense.

But yeah, anyway, I love that ritual quote, because it makes the goo and the Xeno even older than the engineers, it maintains that horrifying ageless Lovecraftian chic, and it makes the engineer race - as advanced as they are - still in the dark about the greatest mystery of all. Hell the only thing we do know is that there exists a catalyzing agent in the form of some black goo.

Pastry Mistakes fucked around with this message at 13:09 on May 20, 2017

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

they shoulda called the engineers the nephilim imo.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I also read some theory that the Engineers aren't the human proginator species either (again based on that engineer quote), merely a sister species of sorts descended via the same seeding process humans ultimately came from - only far more evolved because they've existed longer.
Edit: To clarify, humans and engineers come from the same seeding tactic from another higher race, but the Engineers evolved early than humans and are more advanced because of it. It's also possible they knew their creators personally or knew of them at least, and began seeding worlds as they did.

A decent theory to explain away that horrible "our DNA is a perfect match" line in Prometheus at least. They back it up by saying the Prometheus crew drew massively incorrect assumptions with the whole "is all WMD`s/we're on a weapons base" thing. I mean the crew being retardedly wrong is 1000% believable.

Pastry Mistakes fucked around with this message at 13:20 on May 20, 2017

Xmaspast
Aug 18, 2014

Randarkman posted:

Why do they have to be superstrong? Ian Holm wasn't super strong. He did try to kill Ripley with a porno mag though.

Oh, that's embarassing. Thought it looked kind of like him. Then again it's been a while since I saw him on Community.

TBF it DID look like him. That was the first thing I thought when I saw him too. Like "did I miss James Franco AND DG being in this movie?"

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I would think mistaking him for Donald Glover was kind of racist if only goon face blindness didn't extend wholeheartedly to white people as well

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

As far as goon face blindness goes my main problem is that Billy Crudup looks pretty darn similar to Fassbender.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Groovelord Neato posted:

alright you guys got broke eyes if you thought those effects were good. the backburster was comically bad (and made me think about the chestbuster from 3). like i said, only effect shots they really pulled off were the alien on the cargo lift. the rest was mostly painfully obvious cgi.

yeah that woulda kicked rear end.

All special effects are painfully obvious because they're special effects. This movie looks great for its budget and what they wanted to show. I'm kind of stunned there's people that even think the part where David is conversing with the neomorph looks bad.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that is some powerful logic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

Martman posted:

As far as goon face blindness goes my main problem is that Billy Crudup looks pretty darn similar to Fassbender.

.....not remotely?