Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Dana Crysalis posted:

I was actually just coming in here to ask how to do them without Xon, since I apparently have no damage output and also they flattened me in one round after being dispelled. (One-shot Noctis, I was able to get back up and kill Ifrit but then Siren just annihilated me)

Used Cecil, Y'sholta, Xon, Lightning, Olive and Toonman's Minfillia(though Marie will probably be ok as well). If you don't have Xon then use someone with Dualcast for Dispel. Lightning was there to generate esper crystals because Olive is not good at that.

The key is to go slow and keep buffs up. Those being Protectga, Shellga, and Bar-Dark/Water/Fire . Get those resists as high as you can prefight.

Cecil with provoke was enough to tank and also my backup healer with dualcast.

Each Esper has thresholds at 70/50/30, you DO NOT want to skip these. If you cross two thesholds in one turn, you're hosed.

Kill Ifrit first because he hits harder, once you do, Siren will mp drain so keep provoke up on your tank with Ling/Noctis refresh or just by feeding an ether when needed.

Go slow, keep buffs up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

a dualcast cecil can barfira + barwatera on the first turn, minfillia can shadow guard, yshtola can protectga/shellga, and then depending on what other units you bring one of them can bushido freedom or have xon steal the buffs or whatever and if you have someone with an attack break you can hit ifrit with it. i brought cecil/snow/minfillia/yshtola with a friend orlandeau who used crush weapon on turn 1

snow is actually a really good provoke tank for this fight / a bunch of other fights since its not that hard to get his elemental resists to be pretty good along with 6k health. you likely have an equip h armor for him with the bahamut event going on and he can get some pretty good spirit or resists with some of the heavy armors while still easily staying at 6k+ health

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

PaybackJack posted:

Used Cecil, Y'sholta, Xon, Lightning, Olive and Toonman's Minfillia(though Marie will probably be ok as well). If you don't have Xon then use someone with Dualcast for Dispel. Lightning was there to generate esper crystals because Olive is not good at that.

The key is to go slow and keep buffs up. Those being Protectga, Shellga, and Bar-Dark/Water/Fire . Get those resists as high as you can prefight.

Cecil with provoke was enough to tank and also my backup healer with dualcast.

Each Esper has thresholds at 70/50/30, you DO NOT want to skip these. If you cross two thesholds in one turn, you're hosed.

Kill Ifrit first because he hits harder, once you do, Siren will mp drain so keep provoke up on your tank with Ling/Noctis refresh or just by feeding an ether when needed.

Go slow, keep buffs up.

This is the one fight in which Minifilia has a slight advantage over Marie. Minifilia can buff Dark resistance to 70%, Marie only up to 50% with her love you all skill. There is no Bar-Dark-ga. (That would be the coolest named spell in the game if it existed!)

You want me to kit out my Minifilia and put her up as friend? I don't mind doing it.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

hagie posted:

A week ago, I sat down on excel and typed up what TMRs I had and then tried to prioritize my TMs using utility and percentages to completion as prioritization factors.

I found that the individual meta changes dramatically on a pull by pull basis. Before I was all in on double hands, excalibers, save the queens. This is all because Firion has been my king for probably the last 4 months or so. Then I pulled Fryevia and some of that poo poo took a back seat because now I had one of the strongest units in the game, and I had to completely retool my TMR team so I could accommodate it even more. SO when I had Cecil, Bartz, Agrias, Ludmille, and Chizuru on a team, Ludmille 100'd a few days after I got Fry up to 5*, then I was in purgatory because I was missing a handful of 6* mats. This caused me to go Cecil, Bartz, Fryevia, Marie, Ingus. The last 3 were at 0.0%, but they became necessary to pump up my newly acquired unit.

Now my Cecil and Bartz are at 55%+, I will probably be pushing Snow and Vanille but I have about 6 others that might take their spots. That is the current plan, but poo poo will change quick if TGC/Noctis/Olive show up in my kit.

My month's been pretty fun for this.
First the ff6 banner I've been saving for shows up, figure if I don't get Trance Terra, id at least Setzer. I end up pulling Trance terra and set up her to be main damage dealer, and start TM grinding a loaded dice for Setzer.
Then a few days later i pull Delita, suddenly i have a potential moonblade and can make Setzer a good dual wielder., so i get started on a moonblade and rising sun, along with Leon's TM.
Then I pull Noctis, and poo poo, he can just use the great sword mastery and do physical damage, ill just go back to the loaded dice plan for Setzer.
Then i pull Reberta. Well gently caress, she can use swords, might as well go back to moonblade +Leon TM,
Well at this point I guess i can stop worrying about pulling more Zyphers, trance terra has a rod and its not like im gonna pull any more mages anytime soon. Now let me dump some tickets for some drop bonus for this event an-gently caress.

Tengames fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 20, 2017

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tengames posted:

My month's been pretty fun for this.
First the ff6 banner I've been saving for shows up, figure if I don't get Trance Terra, id at least Setzer. I end up pulling Trance terra and set up her to be main damage dealer, and start TM grinding a loaded dice for Setzer.
Then a few days later i pull Delita, suddenly i have a potential moonblade and can make Setzer a good dual wielder., so i get started on a moonblade and rising sun, along with Leon's TM.
Then I pull Noctis, and poo poo, he can just use the great sword mastery and do physical damage, ill just go back to the loaded dice plan for Setzer.
Then i pull Reberta. Well gently caress, she can use swords, might as well go back to moonblade +Leon TM,
Well at this point I guess i can stop worrying about pulling more Zyphers, trance terra has a rod and its not like im gonna pull any more mages anytime soon. Now let me dump some tickets for some drop bonus for this event an-gently caress.

Oh. My. God.

I would lapis refresh all the things just to get caught back up on TMRs, lol.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

dangerous.hotdog posted:

Oh. My. God.

I would lapis refresh all the things just to get caught back up on TMRs, lol.

At this point im waiting for the anniversary update. In JP they increased everyone's max NRG by +30 which would save a ton of lapis on refreshes if we get it. Only about a month now if i just wait.

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
I've been busy, buuuut if we have Elza enhancements in the DB, that probably the Brave Frontier event is soon, which means 6* Tilith soon. :woop:

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

Tengames posted:

At this point im waiting for the anniversary update. In JP they increased everyone's max NRG by +30 which would save a ton of lapis on refreshes if we get it. Only about a month now if i just wait.

That sounds sexy. ~6500 lapis TMRs sound awesome.

dangerous.hotdog
Feb 29, 2008

Tengames posted:

But you could unlock like 4 sets of TMRs by then. :D That makes sense though. I hope they give us those extra slots too, and I REALLY hope you get extra friend slots with it.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Cartoon Man posted:

I can put up my poo poo Sice if people want. I kinda thought Marie would be more useful for those still doing Echidna or Bahamut.

Don't take down a badass unit for a garbage bonus unit. Any random rank 10 person can share a Sice. But not many people can share a TMR'd up trials helper or BiS damage unit.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Varance posted:

I've been busy, buuuut if we have Elza enhancements in the DB, that probably the Brave Frontier event is soon, which means 6* Tilith soon. :woop:

If the BF event doesn't split in to 2 banners Tilith is going to be almost as hard to pull as a 5* crystal, because we'll probably get Seria and Karl as well who are also 4* base units. 10% chance at a gold crystal, 50% chance of it being a banner character, and then a 33% chance of the banner character being Tilith.

And that's assuming we don't get any new 4* base units thrown in to the mix. :shepface:

jetz0r posted:

Don't take down a badass unit for a garbage bonus unit. Any random rank 10 person can share a Sice. But not many people can share a TMR'd up trials helper or BiS damage unit.

This is why I haven't taken down my Orlandu. Sure, I could put up a 5 star King for the 75% bonus, or i could leave up a 900+ atk status-immune Orlandu that can solo the event.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My Olive can solo the event provided you bring an attack song with you but also she's only 798 attack and double dragon killer so she's not really totally whaled out either :ohdear:

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Every scrap of energy today on the event and not a single bonus enemy. Ah, the times. With my pathetically low bonus this time around I'm not sure how many things I"m going to be able to get.

Mischalaniouse
Nov 7, 2009

*ribbit*
I just love how King's attack animation takes ten thousand years.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
This event has been much better in the drop rates than previous ones for me. In about 10 runs of ELT, I've seen 1 bomb and 4 of the other bonus enemy.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i have seen i think two golden bombs and dont even know what the bonus enemy is yet, but i am getting 1400 blue lapis per elite run and that seems fine

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Evil Fluffy posted:

If the BF event doesn't split in to 2 banners Tilith is going to be almost as hard to pull as a 5* crystal, because we'll probably get Seria and Karl as well who are also 4* base units. 10% chance at a gold crystal, 50% chance of it being a banner character, and then a 33% chance of the banner character being Tilith.

And that's assuming we don't get any new 4* base units thrown in to the mix. :shepface:

This is why I haven't taken down my Orlandu. Sure, I could put up a 5 star King for the 75% bonus, or i could leave up a 900+ atk status-immune Orlandu that can solo the event.

Good thing I already pulled a Tilith :smug:

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Evil Fluffy posted:

The event's really, really easy though. Like my buffest unit is a 500 ATK Sozhe and he can one shot Shinryu with his limit.

Palleon
Aug 11, 2003

I've got a hot deal on a bridge to the Pegasus Galaxy!
Grimey Drawer
Personally I'd rather people have up bonus units. My Firion can solo it, but I'm struggling to even have one person on my friends list have a bonus unit up, and I only have one in 8 pulls, so I really need you guys to help boost up my drop rate.

Also I've seen exactly zero bonus units in about 15 elite runs.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Say hello to the newest arena "gently caress you" move. This is Rem's global exclusive materia that can be bought from King Mog, Delta Siphon, combined with fire flask or dance of death.

giveup.jpg

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Every scrap of energy today on the event and not a single bonus enemy. Ah, the times. With my pathetically low bonus this time around I'm not sure how many things I"m going to be able to get.

I still have yet to see any bonus enemy today or yesterday.

Cartoon Man posted:

Say hello to the newest arena "gently caress you" move. This is Rem's global exclusive materia that can be bought from King Mog, Delta Siphon, combined with fire flask or dance of death.

giveup.jpg

Seven(?) can also have Osmoselash upgraded to be AOE, though I've yet to be on the receiving end of it.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

Yeah, avoid all Rem leaders because AoE MP drain is ludicrous in the arena :suicide:

e: I'm 0 / 9 for bonus enemies myself, and 0 / 4 on pulling bonus units too.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

Holy crow I got a 5* from my free pull! It's a second Marie. Going for 2 rainbow robes isn't a bad thing, right?

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Mr. Swoon posted:

Holy crow I got a 5* from my free pull! It's a second Marie. Going for 2 rainbow robes isn't a bad thing, right?

Welcome to the Two Maries club. Working on my second robe too.

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Palleon posted:

Personally I'd rather people have up bonus units. My Firion can solo it, but I'm struggling to even have one person on my friends list have a bonus unit up, and I only have one in 8 pulls, so I really need you guys to help boost up my drop rate.

Also I've seen exactly zero bonus units in about 15 elite runs.

It's a matter of what you can field as a friend. Either a unit that can carry, a bonus unit to be carried, or the 5* base.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Anyone else unable to use Nox after the latest windows update?

CyberLord XP
Oct 18, 2005

Goldie...She says her name is Goldie
Just download the new version of Nox.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

CyberLord XP posted:

Just download the new version of Nox.

Yeah I just did, works fine now. :shrug:

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I just did, works fine now. :shrug:

The new version of Memu is a real swine to update to (the 2.9 I had didn't recognize 3.0 as newer so I had to backup the OVA, uninstall, install new, restore) but so far it's completely solid. The reddit guys TMR macro runs without crashing or going out of FFBE too.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Which units other than olive benefit most from doublehand?

KDdidit
Mar 2, 2007

Grimey Drawer

new kind of cat posted:

Future 6* Garland!

Mile'ionaha
Nov 2, 2004

new kind of cat posted:

Maybe Freyvia if you are building ATK.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
huh. Is 6* garland any good?

I have 3 bartzs. If it's not worth having more than one doublehand I was just gonna grind and combine em to get it done with.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

huh. Is 6* garland any good?

I have 3 bartzs. If it's not worth having more than one doublehand I was just gonna grind and combine em to get it done with.

I think future Garland actually just learns it so I would bother grinding the TMR.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Yeah, 6* Garland has it built in

hamburgers in pockets
Jun 18, 2005

Yeah, that's blood. It'll get better before the show.
But then you should still get the doublehand bonus from the materia too, right? And is dual wielding the best way to build Fryevia, or just stacking doublehand with her TM? It seems like she gets more bonuses to mag from her one handed traits than you'd get from dual wielding unless you had two Needles.

Mr. Swoon
Nov 25, 2003

ALL WE DO IS PARTY

hamburgers in pockets posted:

And is dual wielding the best way to build Fryevia, or just stacking doublehand with her TM? It seems like she gets more bonuses to mag from her one handed traits than you'd get from dual wielding unless you had two Needles.

It depends on what you're using her for. It's hard to perfectly chain her frost flower blitz, but you can still get some good chain damage with dual wield and a friend Fryevia... Or if you got really lucky and have multiple Orlandu-likes. For chain finishing or just a big ol' nuke you're better off using her with doublehand stuff.

Fryevia is fun in that she has more than one perfect build.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

hamburgers in pockets posted:

But then you should still get the doublehand bonus from the materia too, right? And is dual wielding the best way to build Fryevia, or just stacking doublehand with her TM? It seems like she gets more bonuses to mag from her one handed traits than you'd get from dual wielding unless you had two Needles.

Yeah, an innate ability can stack with a nonstackable materia, I'm pretty sure. Plus an Esper ability too, IRC.

Well, I just drew my free daily. Guy.

Half-price... Rem. A kickass red mage, apparently. :getin:

Varance
Oct 28, 2004

Ladies, hide your footwear!
Nap Ghost
JP version update: FF14 Garuda punching bag event. If you kill the stone piles with AoE, Aerial Blast will have 100% defense penetration and kill anyone not jumped/hidden offscreen on her next turn. For those without fancy units, Garuda is yet another episode of "Firion kills everything."

No new characters, but the existing ones are getting ability enhancements. The raid point list has two sets of goodies, on top of rewarding characters and the old equipment recipies: The first is a set of "Mammet" accessories representing each character, which has specific effects (Wind-up Yda has +20 ATK and Auto-Brave). The second is a set of recipes that allows you to use the special awakening mats to "upgrade" the FF14 character trust mastery rewards. For example, Follower's Oath can be upgraded to a +15% HP/ATK version and Hydaelyn's Blessing can be upgraded to 15% resist all. Raid gacha has all the usual FF14-specific TM Moogles, so this could be a very big boon for new players that don't have a bunch of rainbow TMs grinded out.

Y'shtola:
Cleric Stance: +1 increases spirit instead of decreasing, +2 buffs MAG and SPR even further
Holy: +1 becomes AoE, +2 triples the damage output
Shroud of Saints: +1 increases MP regen, +2 adds a bonus to HP and Defense

Minfilia:
The Echo: +1 adds auto-refresh/regen, +2 increases all stat bonus to +20%
Leader's Disposition: +1 now protects against confuse/paralyze/petrify, +2 adds stop to the list.
Assault Order: +1 decreases MP cost in half, +2 increases ATK/MAG boost to 75%
Guard Order: +1 decreases MP cost in half, +2 increases DEF/SPR boost to 75%

Thancred: Still not 6*, still thinks he's a Paladin, not worth it.

Papalymo and Yda also got enhancements, but we don't have them yet. Papa's enhancement adds more damage and a fire imperil to Flare, plus increases to the effect and duration of Astral Fire/Umbral Ice. Yda's upgrades are mostly potency and mana cost upgrades.

Side note: Rain, Lasswell and Fina will be added to Dissidia Opera Omnia during an upcoming collab.

Varance fucked around with this message at 10:35 on May 21, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Is there a way to fix the repeat summon issue? Just got my 3rd Elle in 3 days.

• Locked thread